Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Promoted to Level 4- new members cannot post pictures ;)

Comments

• Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wonder if I'll ever get a Rank

Nvm
    Woot

IRJsECv.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    > @ebuchala said:<br />
    > What about flagging, likes, etc.?<br />
    <br />
    As you can see, I can't even quote well. I haven't tried to flag (why should I anyway?) but I can use the other buttons, like disagree, like and agree.

I wasn't sure if you were just being weird :blush: Interesting... because you are our little tester :P and we are very curious :smiley:
  • move_objectson31move_objectson31 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @peoinee said:
    > wow they seriously limit the first few posts i couldnt even use bold italics or anything i actually didnt try to use a smilie but i guess that would probably be aloud
    >
    > and just for saftys sake here is what i was going to post on that profile

seems qouting is off for everyone though so i bet pics cant be quoted anymore
    :D:pB) ok we shall see if the smileis show up and yes i can still click the flag button however unless someone wants to volenteer a specific post for a spam im not going to click anything

Thank you ^^
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2014
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    Wonder if I'll ever get a Rank

Nvm
    Woot

Your rank is MEMBER.

I'm guessing here, but I would imagine that a NEW MEMBER needs to have a certain minimum post count and probably a period of time goes by before advancing to MEMBER rank. Not sure what those levels would be, though.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
    > @peoinee said:<br />
    > wow they seriously limit the first few posts i couldnt even use bold italics or anything i actually didnt try to use a smilie but i guess that would probably be aloud<br />
    > <br />
    > and just for saftys sake here is what i was going to post on that profile<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    seems qouting is off for everyone though so i bet pics cant be quoted anymore
    My quoting is normal, no?
  • DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    I am so confused, it said I got to member. What
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    > @ebuchala said:
    > metalfenix_Raf wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Can you try flagging my post? You don't have to go through with it or, if it works, leave it (you can unflag by clicking it again). I'm curious if trolls will be able to join just to go through and flag everyone.

Tried to flag your post, but it glitched the flag menu (it was too close to the next comment) and I couldn't select anything.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2014
    This is going to be much better than just banning. Woot woot
    IRJsECv.png
  • katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2014
    So wait what level do you have to be to be able to post pics? I still like showing my sim creations but I dont want to be posting constantly to be able to show my sims :/
  • DrusillaDrusilla Posts: 155 Member
    I wonder what they have to do/how long they have to wait before they can post pics.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Tried to flag your post, but it glitched the flag menu (it was too close to the next comment) and I couldn't select anything.

Well, that's one way to keep the trolls from flagging people--have a buggy forum. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    peoinee wrote: »
    wow they seriously limit the first few posts i couldnt even use bold italics or anything i actually didnt try to use a smilie but i guess that would probably be aloud

and just for saftys sake here is what i was going to post on that profile

10481536_4505515253702_5119836740322875656_o.jpg

Just for testing purposes i have quoted here the exact post i quoted before maybe thats the thing new members cant quot the same way
  • ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    Where are you guys seeing your rank?
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
    look under your picture were it says posts ### then it says rank and what ever you are
    @katelynnmcdaniel

I don't know if the levels still exist in the background, it does seem that anyone who is a member can post pictures ;)
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > move_objectson31 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > My quoting is normal, no?

yeah, it's normal. For me, it's like I'm talking on simlish XD
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    This is good because now they cant post the filth anymore.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
    > @06Bon06 said:<br />
    > move_objectson31 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > My quoting is normal, no?<br />
    <br />
    yeah, it's normal. For me, it's like I'm talking on simlish XD

Poor you, we need to level you up :P
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Ummm if you click on your notifications it should show a notification of you becoming a member and then another one saying your a level 2 or 3...
    look under your picture were it says posts ### then it says rank and what ever you are

You mean where it says "member"? That's not the same as the rank 3/4/etc stuff, is it?

tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Just wait for the Gurus to answer our questions about the effects of the button pushes!! It would be awful if you messed up your ability to post images because you were testing something. I would hope that only the Flagging would count against a member's ability to post images.

I would just like to thank the website manager/administrator for working to resolve the serious issue of inappropriate images on the site! My sincere gratitude goes to you!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    munchie885 wrote: »

Ummm if you click on your notifications it should show a notification of you becoming a member and then another one saying your a level 2 or 3...

I had like 1000 notifications up there... I'm not sifting through all that.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Took EA less than 24 hours to nip this in the bud.

I think everyone owes EA an apology..

Get to apologizing.

You mean where it says "member"? That's not the same as the rank 3/4/etc stuff, is it?

yes that is what we are talking about it DID say rank and had stars then it changed to member or new member anyone with new member has a very limited about of stuff they can do on the forums and while its sad for the actual new members it keeps the site cleaner and T rated