Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Promoted to Level 4- new members cannot post pictures ;)

Comments

• TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    So, should I feel...special?? first time posting here, I don't have any sim game on my origin account other than TS2 (the one given free), the CAS demo and my preorder of Sims 4 on Origin.<br />
    <br />
    And I'm ok with the rules, actually, newbies should not be able to post images or anything until they have time on the forums.

I'm sure that this trial period won't last too long, especially if you continue to post regularly :)
    It's a shame that the nicer people have to suffer because some idiot decided to post some rather silly, to be frank, explicit images, but if this is a way to prevent this from happening in the future...

• munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Tojax wrote: »
    So, should I feel...special?? first time posting here, I don't have any sim game on my origin account other than TS2 (the one given free), the CAS demo and my preorder of Sims 4 on Origin.<br />
    <br />
    And I'm ok with the rules, actually, newbies should not be able to post images or anything until they have time on the forums.

I'm sure that this trial period won't last too long, especially if you continue to post regularly :)
    It's a shame that the nicer people have to suffer because some idiot decided to post some rather silly, to be frank, explicit images, but if this is a way to prevent this from happening in the future...

Well it's actually a really smart way to stop that so I guess EA deserves props for once...
  • RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    I agree its a real shame a select few need to spoil it for the rest of us. But, hopefully EA are testing the bugs and teething problems. what better way to test the forums than before the big release I guess!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Due to this thread, I clicked on my notifications at the top and guess what? I've been promoted to Member. Odd, I thought I was a member already. shm :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MuglsMugls Posts: 39 Member
    Let me see if i can post any

14776127846_ed009e7bfe_z.jpg
    ccuoe4L.gif
  • move_objectson31move_objectson31 Posts: 4 New Member
    ok this is Peoinee i created a test account so i could see the difference of what these accounts do

in the leave comment section i can use smilie faces

or image url and it does this (im using a sim i uploaded to the gallery no copy rights have been breached lol)

edit : "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." popped up when i tried to post a picture
    ok im going to my own account now
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    > @move_objectson31 said:
    > ok this is Peoinee i created a test account so i could see the difference of what these accounts do
    >
    > in the leave comment section i can use smilie faces
    >
    > or image url and it does this (im using a sim i uploaded to the gallery no copy rights have been breached lol)
    >
    >
    >
    > edit : "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." popped up when i tried to post a picture
    >

Yup, that's exactly what happened with me. Actually, that is a good thing. I guess you don't have to suffer any troll attack on the forum in a near future.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
    ok this is Peoinee i created a test account so i could see the difference of what these accounts do<br />
    <br />
    in the leave comment section i can use smilie faces <br />
    <br />
    or image url and it does this (im using a sim i uploaded to the gallery no copy rights have been breached lol)<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    edit : "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links." popped up when i tried to post a picture

Oh Thanks Dude!!! and I like your new account's username xD
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @move_objectson31 Thanks for testing ^^
    Any other differences ?
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    ok this is Peoinee i created a test account so i could see the difference of what these accounts do
    in the leave comment section i can use smilie faces
    or image url and it does this (im using a sim i uploaded to the gallery no copy rights have been breached lol)<br />
    Nice!! I'm glad EA is putting a stop to all of this rubbish.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    wow they seriously limit the first few posts i couldnt even use bold italics or anything i actually didnt try to use a smilie but i guess that would probably be aloud

and just for saftys sake here is what i was going to post on that profile

10481536_4505515253702_5119836740322875656_o.jpg
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    What about flagging, likes, etc.?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I wonder what this mean's...like the rankings? any guesses?
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    Is this all because of the guy that was posting pure filth for the last two days?
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
    Is this all because of the guy that was posting pure filth for the last two days?

Pretty sure it is. Though they might have been planning on limiting new members already, I think they definitely made it a priority.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    > @ebuchala said:
    > What about flagging, likes, etc.?

As you can see, I can't even quote well. I haven't tried to flag (why should I anyway?) but I can use the other buttons, like disagree, like and agree.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
    ebuchala wrote: »
    What about flagging, likes, etc.?

That's what I was wondering.

That and I'm assuming for events in the future. This forum isn't like the previous sims 3 forum where it was slightly guarded because you had to register your game in order to join the forums. In this forum ANYONE is allowed to have an account and post so I'm just glad that they finally are putting things under control again...
    @nekobear From what we have gathered, new members can not post pictures to prevent trolls.

nekobear wrote: »
    I wonder what this mean's...like the rankings? any guesses?

I've seen regular members as low as a 30 post count and over 15,000 (I think, maybe it was 14,000 something?), so I don't think there are ranks per se. Just anyone over a certain count is a regular member and can post pics. Though, perhaps you have to have a certain number of likes or agrees, as well?
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    @06Bon06 oh! ok lol wasn't sure at first I just thought maybe it some silly ranking's just like earning the badges XD well guess would make some sense
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    > @ebuchala said:<br />
    > What about flagging, likes, etc.?<br />
    <br />
    As you can see, I can't even quote well. I haven't tried to flag (why should I anyway?) but I can use the other buttons, like disagree, like and agree.
    Can you try flagging my post? You don't have to go through with it or, if it works, leave it (you can unflag by clicking it again). I'm curious if trolls will be able to join just to go through and flag everyone.
    :D :p B) ok we shall see if the smileis show up and yes i can still click the flag button however unless someone wants to volenteer a specific post for a spam im not going to click anything
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I better be able to post pics. I've been on the forums for some time. (sort of. It is a long story) and I hope I can. I will test it out.

l-Cutest-cat-in-the-world.jpg