Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I figured out how to block the images!

Its not the best fix out there but here is what I did. I am using Chrome so I don't know if it will work for another browser.

I heard one user say to just go into your settings and turn off all images for all sites. Well, I didn't want to do that, I just wanted to block the images here.

Steps
1 Go to settings inside of chrome
2 Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see an option thats says Show Advanced Settings, click it.
3 There will be a button thats says Content Settings... click it
4 Under images click Manage Exceptions
5 Type in http://forums.thesims.com/ and then click Block

Done! No more images! When I say no images I mean it though. No avatars or anything.

Comments

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Kari wrote: »
    Its not the best fix out there but here is what I did. I am using Chrome so I don't know if it will work for another browser.

I heard one user say to just go into your settings and turn off all images for all sites. Well, I didn't want to do that, I just wanted to block the images here.

Steps
    2 Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see an option thats says Show Advanced Settings, click it.

Done! No more images! When I say no images I mean it though. No avatars or anything.

Well at least it's a temporary fix for those who don't want to see it and for young kiddos!
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »

Steps

Well at least it's a temporary fix for those who don't want to see it and for young kiddos!

Yup! It'll be fine for now until the Mods actually do something.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Thanks!
    keep on keepin' on
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    :( But I can't because I want to see the real pictures of real sims that real players are making! It's that sort of community participation that makes this place fun at all!

I hope they can implement an "ignore" feature, and a block gifs feature, that would help very much!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    I see nothing! I'm assuming he just posted pics. Can't say for sure though!
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    I have ad-blocking software on my browser that does the job. I do still like seeing the avatars and stuff here, as I appreciate the creativity. For those of you who only want to selectively block the worst stuff, you'll have to do it individually, but that way, you can still have the nice pictures.
  • HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    OH GOD THE HORROR!! ITS UNBEARABLE :scream:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited August 2014
    Another way is by using the AdblockPlus extension. You right click the image and select block element. Poof, all the images from that url are gone. So even if that image is posted on multiple threads, you won't see any of them.
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    Ultimate troll.
    Halle_M wrote: »
    I have ad-blocking software on my browser that does the job. I do still like seeing the avatars and stuff here, as I appreciate the creativity. For those of you who only want to selectively block the worst stuff, you'll have to do it individually, but that way, you can still have the nice pictures.

Yes, I thought of doing this but you have to see it first before you can block it which is why I just decided to do this instead. But Ad blocking is always an option too!
  • kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Another way is by using the AdblockPlus extension. You right click the image and select block element. Poof, all the images from that url are gone. So even if that image is posted on multiple threads, you won't see any of them.

Oh wow you are my hero, thank you so much the images are gone :open_mouth:

:heart:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    you are a life saver! thank you <3:3
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    Gotta love how the community is taking action better than the people in charge...just like the Sims games
  • DrusillaDrusilla Posts: 155 Member

Steps

Thanks for this! I am just going to block the images here at work.
    Hah, I got flagged for helping out, it seems.
  • LilipiesLilipies Posts: 314 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Gotta love how the community is taking action better than the people in charge...just like the Sims games

THIS^^^
    tumblr_n4b0w18ct11rcso6uo3_250.gif
    check me out on the gallery!! origin id: simalie
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    simmers unite! *heroic music in the background* XD
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
    Drusilla wrote: »

Steps

Thanks for this! I am just going to block the images here at work.

You're welcome! Its a good option if you 100% do not want to risk seeing them at all. But, as other posters have said AdBlock is an option too!

We should try to keep this thread on the front page so everyone knows the images can be blocked.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

EXACTLY
    keep on keepin' on
  • LilipiesLilipies Posts: 314 Member
    I even directly contacted one of the gurus, and they NEVER got back to me. I went ahead and just warned other users to be careful. I can't tell you how many times EA has failed me. One of the advisers on their online chat lied to me about the game developers being in the answer HQ. He/she just wanted to send me on a wild goose chase.
    tumblr_n4b0w18ct11rcso6uo3_250.gif
    check me out on the gallery!! origin id: simalie
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member

Take it as a badge of honor, lol.

• QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member

"I would like to thank my parents and friends. Without them this wouldn't have been possible"

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2014
    Lilipies wrote: »
    I even directly contacted one of the gurus, and they NEVER got back to me. I went ahead and just warned other users to be careful. I can't tell you how many times EA has failed me. One of the advisers on their online chat lied to me about the game developers being in the answer HQ. He/she just wanted to send me on a wild goose chase.

Unless you have a question about emotions and strong foundations, the gurus aren't gonna be of any help

Quelsimmy wrote: »

"I would like to thank my parents and friends. Without them this wouldn't have been possible"

Haha! That is too funny!