Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First try at CC..

So today i tried my hand at creating something for the sims for the first time ever. And this is what i came up with...

2P84zHo.png

(the top) Not too bad for a first try in my opinion.
Known as the following names >:) Sims Forum: Rollersk8chik | Origin: Jessikalee | Jesaura | Auraya >:)

Comments

• simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Which tool did you use?
    That's pretty nice :)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • rollersk8chikrollersk8chik Posts: 72 Member
    edited August 2014
    I followed a tutorial on platinum simmers website. I used all the programs in the tutorial.

https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/simple-retexturing-for-the-sims-4/
    Known as the following names >:) Sims Forum: Rollersk8chik | Origin: Jessikalee | Jesaura | Auraya >:)
  • simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Oh, cool. That's what I've been playing with also.
    HSon1Mq.png
    QlYCgG4.png
  • AsheAshe Posts: 8 New Member
    is this non-default? if it is, I would love to have both the dress and the shirt in my game. they are pretty :D
  • ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    dang that is pretty darn good for a first try!

better than anything i could ever do lol.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
    they are both default, i havn't tried anything non default yet, ill let you know if i do :)
  • AsheAshe Posts: 8 New Member
    Sweet, can't wait!
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2014
    Very nice--first try or not! :) I can't wait to see what else you come up with.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
    Heres a purple one, doesnt look quite how i wanted it
    eYeTdlo.png
  • LionLion Posts: 42 Member
    ehhm... maybe a bad question but... what do you mean with default and non-default, what is the difference?
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    Default = Changing a color of an item.
    Non-Default = Creating a new item (even though it can be a recolor, it just is a new item)
  • LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    I liked the 1st dress. Looks nice and works well with that black leggings.
    I have heard that sometimes the game/demo crashes when using your CC in game :s . I don't want my demo to crash so I wonder, if you recolour a skirt and the game crashes when you use it, are you able to remove your CC from the game? So the game does not crash anymore ?
  • LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    Lion wrote: »
    I have heard that sometimes the game/demo crashes when using your CC in game :s . I don't want my demo to crash so I wonder, if you recolour a skirt and the game crashes when you use it, are you able to remove your CC from the game? So the game does not crash anymore ?

If the cc make the demo crash, bye bye cc. You need to start over or try other clothe. Don't worry you can easily remove cc, when you remove it from your mods folder, the demo will not crash anymore.
    Ok, thank you so much! (*) My first own CC, here I come! :p
  • mattyshadymattyshady Posts: 14 New Member
    I have been working on some CC as well but have had a lot of crashes on items that worked fine the other day LOL we all know this is just a result of the utilities that we are using just now but they know this is issue and they are trying to fix it. PS your content it super pretty much better than mine LOL.

tumblr_inline_na7vlttfFx1sm3vey.jpg
  • VampiricDuckiesVampiricDuckies Posts: 55 Member
    edited August 2014
    im loving that we can do mods already
    ... when you work with Gimp, you can't save it so the file works in S4PE!... enyone knows how to save in Gimp so it works? (hehe, I have never done this before so... a lot of questions :#)
  • pinkstar6206pinkstar6206 Posts: 63 Member
    Amazing!! :D Everything looks great!! Can't wait to try some!
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @rollersk8chik I've been scared to try making CC cuz, while I'm an artist at heart, I'm a bit ... self conscious about my creations. You've inspired me to dip my toes. Thank you.
  • FamousmelodyFamousmelody Posts: 118 Member
    These are so cute!
    I'm Just a down to earth Gal from New Zealand !
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    edited August 2014
    First proper bash at some CC today. It's not as hard as I feared!

My attempt at recreating Kate Bishop from the Young Avengers:

http ://i.imgur.com/CcxWJZS.png

(you will have to fix the link yourself, since I guess I can't post images yet :) )
    @rollersk8chik I've been scared to try making CC cuz, while I'm an artist at heart, I'm a bit ... self conscious about my creations. You've inspired me to dip my toes. Thank you.

Never be scared to give something a go :) not everyone can do everything but the most important thing is that we try at least once :D and if it goes horribly wrong, who cares! try something else :)