Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 mouse - I love this thing!

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
My steelseries mouse came in! YAY so excited to see it waiting for me when I came home from work today. I can't wait to see how it works in-game. Apparently the mouse plumbob lights change color depending on your Sim's current emotion. So cool!

Did anyone else buy them, or the steelseries headset one? Or the mouse pad?

Mouse1_zps8df5fa16.jpg

I paid $29.99 + $10 shipping directly from steelseries website.

Post edited by RachelRosebud on

Comments

• SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Congrats, sounds neat :wink:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Can I ask how much you paid for it? It looks kinda cool. :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • danderson852danderson852 Posts: 35 Member
    That looks awesome! I'm tempted to get one myself, but I already bought the Sims 4 Collector's Edition so I'll have the cool light-up plumb bob :D!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited August 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much you paid for it? It looks kinda cool. :)

I ordered it directly from steelseries.com.

The mouse was $29.99

But $10 shipping!

Overall, I'm OK paying $40 for a mouse. I play other games, first-person-shooters, and always buy mice in the $40-70 range.

I never bought a game-branded mouse before, though, but I know steelseries is a really great manufacturer!!!

Thanks for asking!

• Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    *grasps at air*
    I... I need this in my life. I am so jealous. If only it wasn't outside of affordable range for me. T_T
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • 15MagPies15MagPies Posts: 416 Member
    That is interesting looking. I don't think I could ever be without my current mouse though. We've become so attached haha
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Nice. Steelseries is a very well renowned brand.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I can't tell... is it shaped symmetrically so a lefty can use it or is it only for you right-handed people who get everything handed to you on a gold platter curved just the correct shape for you and your right hand to grasp and hit all of us left-handed people in face with it?
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    Huh? I looked on Amazon today and it said pre-order? Im guessing America is recieving it first then?
    It looks soooo pretty though, I am tempted xD
  • joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    That looks awesome! I'm tempted to get one myself, but I already bought the Sims 4 Collector's Edition so I'll have the cool light-up plumb bob :D!

i got that too! :D the usb plumbob is made by steelseries too :)
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    I just ordered mine tonight and the headphones as well. £25 for the mouse and £35 for the headphones and about £4 for postage. I'm getting the CE as well so I'll have the usb plumbob. I'll probs look like a Christmas tree come the 5th September :-p
  • r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    i want that mouse...
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I can't tell... is it shaped symmetrically so a lefty can use it or is it only for you right-handed people who get everything handed to you on a gold platter curved just the correct shape for you and your right hand to grasp and hit all of us left-handed people in face with it?

It appears to be right-handed only, since the side buttons are only on the left (for the thumb).

It says on the site that it's an ambidextrous mouse. :)
    http://steelseries.com/products/games/the-sims-4/steelseries-the-sims-4-mouse
    KeziahT wrote: »
    I just ordered mine tonight and the headphones as well. £25 for the mouse and £35 for the headphones and about £4 for postage. I'm getting the CE as well so I'll have the usb plumbob. I'll probs look like a Christmas tree come the 5th September :-p

Post a picture of the headphones when you get them!

I wish I could get the USB plumbob. I still have mine from the Sims 3.

keyb0x wrote: »

It says on the site that it's an ambidextrous mouse. :)
    http://steelseries.com/products/games/the-sims-4/steelseries-the-sims-4-mouse

I'm surprised they would say that. There are no side buttons on both sides, just the left side for right-handers.

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I <3 it! I want it too!
    One more question (if I may) ....

Is that a wireless mouse? Or, does it have a usb cord? Can't tell through the packaging.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • danderson852danderson852 Posts: 35 Member
    joop123 wrote: »

i got that too! :D the usb plumbob is made by steelseries too :)
    It looks really awesome, I can't wait to see all the colours :open_mouth::D

Is that a wireless mouse? Or, does it have a usb cord? Can't tell through the packaging.

Think I spy a wire coming out the top. You can see a wire on the website, too.

It's wired! :smile:

• KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    @RachelRosebud Will do! But they won't be here till release day :'(

And I still have my sims 3 usb plumbob as well :#
  • meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I'm planning on getting the mouse. Mostly so that I don't steal my fiance's mouse. He does not appreciate it when I do that. The sims is really the only game I use a mouse for.
    Oh plum. :p LOL I prefer wireless. Oh well! Guess I'm not buying *that* mouse. :\
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • AmyLaura19AmyLaura19 Posts: 66 Member
    Ahh excited for you.. I have ordered on but in the UK its showing as a pre order for September 5th release.. Jealous..