March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @StSciurus, some truly amazing builds in this round! Well done to all of you *claps*
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Congratulations @StSciurus, you totally deserve to win.
    Thank you so much for the feedback @BuildnShare
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Congrats @StSciurus !
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you all so much! @gmcrozier @FaithofKaela @popettypop2012 and @oXseashellXo :smiley: You are all so kind!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Expert Results for Challenge #55 - For Your Amusement

@popettypop2012

Jangles Funhouse & Café is an absolutely wonderful venue, full of fun and games for all the family. The bright and colourful design provides such a cheery atmosphere and looks so inviting and welcoming. The circus theme is perfect for Jangles with the marquis effect and balloons, the gnome really tops this off well! Great to see how you’ve divided the many outdoor areas, all the super activities on offer and also provided a place to eat and relax. The tents really look like they are meant for the performers, fabulous idea. There is just the right amount of landscaping, nothing too formal, which adds to the cheeriness of the build. It’s good you’ve carried the colour and fun indoors and provided further activities here. The café looks quite a popular place.

Suggestions: Firstly please title all your pics and provide shots of each elevation of the build. It would have been useful to see more pics of the inside to view each area at all angles. Watch the flooring, some tiles inside appear mismatched. Finally, I think it would have been good to divide the activity area from the performing area, perhaps with the half walls you used for the café.

@folala

The Enchanted Forest Park really looks like it’s set high up in the mountains amongst an enchanted forest. The landscaping is truly beautiful, I love the winding paths leading to the different buildings and the mist around the castle. Wow, your slideshow is incredible, looking through is like reading a great storybook which can’t be put down, your imagination is ingenious. This creation has been well and truly thought out and your attention to detail is awesome. The structure of the castle is spot on, I love the statue and enlarged ornaments at the top, just like gargoyles overlooking and guarding the building! The interior is packed full of adventures from the fantastic Hall of Mirrors and Obstacles, the various mazes which are full of surprises (great to have treasure at the end), to the Games and Stalls with the amazing fortune teller and kissing booth and the Magic Show on the top, love the awesome props table. The mine with the gnomes is very whimsical and such fun! The cottage is perfect for amenities and the crumbs to the Gingerbread House nightclub is the perfect touch!

Suggestions: This build certainly belongs at your chosen entry level and it was such a huge pleasure to explore. I really cannot fault any part of the build, it is truly wonderful. My only suggestion would be to add maybe a mat or some greenery inside the cottage just to brighten it up a little.

The Winner is....

@folala

GArBA5W.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #55 - For Your Amusement

@SyddyB206

You have managed to create something very creepy with Funhouse of Frights! The metallic floors and grey wooden walls make a lovely—if creepy—contrast with the colorful hanging lamps. I love that Choice 1 is a mirrored dead end! And Choice 2 with the creepy (there’s that word again!) clown picture shrine is no better except that you can get out of there as fast as possible! Nice to have the grills, tables and chairs at the end, and the stage and dance floor are great, too. :smiley:

Suggestions: I had a hard time figuring out what was at the end of the Choice 1 passage. Perhaps one of the gnome statues sized up might have been even creepier! But great job overall.

The Winner is....

@SyddyB206

GArBA5W.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Yay! thanks so much @BuildnShare and congratulations @SyddyB206 !
    Thank you so much @buildnShare for your feedback. It's really appreciated. I've decided to enter on 'Established' level from now onwards because let's be honest, I can't compete with @StSciurus @folala and @Cevans1962 I'm just not at their level yet. I hope it's okay.
    Expert Results for Challenge #56 - New Beginnings

@folala

It was delightful to see that you took “light and airy” literally and created a house that is partly indoors and partly outdoors! This works well in a town where it never rains. :smiley: The tree branch walls are a wonderfully creative solution. The overall silhouette of the house is striking. You’ve also made great use of the free debug items to add a bit of clutter to the home. I especially like your creative fireplace and living room floor rug.

Suggestions: I know that there are currently problems with terrain paint not staying with lots uploaded to the gallery, but the lot could really use it anyway. If you had taken out the kitchen door and wall panel that leads to the stairs, you would have had a little more money to spend on landscaping.

@gmcrozier

Cozy Starter is an attractive, traditional looking house. The roof detail on the front porch adds a lot of interest and curb appeal. You’ve also added enough landscaping and terrain paint—together with the surrounding plantings—to make it look full. The interior is well thought out. The green walls of the open plan interior add the pop of color necessary to make the neutral furniture seem right in the space. The layout works well, and you’ve add enough clutter items such that no room feels bare. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: I love the idea of the cafe curtains in the kitchen, but they really should be placed with the bottom of the curtain at the window sill. I realize that those particular curtains are probably too short to look right placed that way, so I would have put them at the top of the windows instead of halfway like you did.

@masajo

There are many things to be impressed by in Two Hoots, but what impressed me the most is the color harmonization. One has the sense that the house was conceived as a whole, inside and out. The dark brown accents, pops of yellow, hints of green here and there blend beautifully and create a sense of serenity. You did a magnificent job of landscaping on such a tiny budget, and the cottage architecture is simply lovely. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: Not really much to suggest. I would have preferred that the chimney relate to a fireplace on the inside of the house, but I understand that you wanted it for architectural interest!

@pronterus

Sophisticated, stylish—it’s hard to come up with the right way to describe Liwanag. The planter boxes you’ve created add so much interest to the beautiful modern silhouette. Wonderful choices of natural materials for the exterior wall textures, too. The layout of the inside is extremely well thought out. There are so many creative touches in the interior decoration from the orange floor lamp (just right!) to the wall mirror to the flooring to the wall textures. So impressive! :smiley:

Suggestions: Not really much to suggest. Perhaps adding a few more free debug items to the kitchen shelves would have made it seem a little less bare.

I first want to remark on how deeply impressed I was by everyone's creativity. You all did an unbelievably great job at creating attractive starter homes. You made my job extremely difficult because each house was a winner in its own way. But since I have to declare a winner…

The Winner is....

@masajo
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Wow, what a wonderful surprise, thank you so much @BuildnShare for your generous words and great feedback, all taken on board :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Congrats on the well-deserved win @masajo !
    pronterus wrote: »
    Congrats on the well-deserved win @masajo !
    I'll second that!! Congrats @masajo :D

Thank you very much @pronterus and @FaithofKaela very kind of you both :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Established Results for Challenge #56 - New Beginnings

@17lani71

A gorgeous cottage style starter with a very cheery appearance using a warm colour combination of exterior textures. The surrounding hedging really enhances the build and your roof structure is spot on. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. The open plan living and kitchen areas are nice and spacious, giving a light and airy feel. The living room looks lovely and cosy and very comfy. Love the outdoor dining area, the fencing is a good choice as the brief requested natural materials.

Suggestions: Firstly, we like to see pics of all the side elevations of the build, together with an overhead shot with the roof up. Regarding the interiors, I would have separated the living and kitchen areas slightly by using half walls or dividers for example. I would also suggest using varying wall textures to add more interest inside, ie use tiles along the kitchen wall which contrast with the wall paper.

Sim Challenge: Beautiful interpretation of Fern, she does indeed have an air of tranquility about her. The third trait you chose is perfect, a music lover. The Curator aspiration is also a good choice as it's always great to get extra money for the collectables. It would have been wonderful to see pics of her whole wardrobe and the clothes choices you made.

Room Challenge: Wonderful work with Fern's bedroom, looks very elegant with your choice of furnishings. The rug gives a homely feel and the plants bring nature into the room. The fishbowl provides a soothing atmosphere. The only thing I would change is the mirror, maybe put it in the wall that faces the bed.

@portroyal56

Mid Century Starter is a fabulous modern classic, well designed with a great roof structure. Your landscaping at the front portrays a well balanced symmetry. Good to see you've used natural materials on the exterior walls and provided lots of windows to give a light and airy atmosphere indoors. Wonderful interior layout, the open plan concept adds space to the design. The light wood throughout, together with the natural walls and pops of turquoise, give a very clean and fresh feel.

Suggestions: Please title the pics in your slideshow and also provide shots of each side elevation and one with the roof up. Regarding the actual build there's not much I would change, except the colour scheme in the bathroom, I would have kept the turquoise theme shown in the bedroom and living area.

@popettypop2012

The Brick Starter is a very appropriate name for such wonderful solid build with a great roof design. The pretty array of plants at the front and perfect placement of the tree provides a very welcoming and attractive appearance. The front balcony looks a gorgeous spot to listen to music and watch the world go by and the hedging surrounds the build beautifully. The windows contrast well with the brickwork and provide lots of light indoors. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible and there is a wonderful sense of space and airiness to this design.

Suggestions: I feel there is a little too much brickwork going on within this build. I would have added other textures to the inside walls to contrast with the bricks, such as paint or maybe a little wood panelling here and there. I think this would make the walls more interesting and enhance the rooms.

@Nellythekidd

Elven Starter is such a delightful cottage/loft with a very attractive façade. Superb structure, very unique, having lots of interest using varying wall textures which contrast and complement each other beautifully, flower baskets and a great choice of windows. Wonderful roof design, very fitting for this style of build, though it would have been good to see an overhead shot with the roof up. Great you’ve used terrain paint to create the pathway leading to the cottage. The interior layout is very good, I love the stairs leading to the loft, a great divider for the ground floor.

Suggestions: Firstly, please title the pics in your slideshow. Regarding the landscaping, I would have added a flower border along the left side of the pathway as the tree looks a little lonely there. Inside, the build looks a little sparse. The addition of wall hangings, rugs, plants and general clutter for example would greatly enhance the interiors.

@SyddyB206

Easy Breezy Home has a wonderful appearance with the soft palette of the walls, impeccable roof structure and beautiful semi-circle flower beds at the front. The rear patio looks the perfect place to have a bbq or relax by the heater, very private and peaceful. The interior layout is spacious and has a fresh and airy atmosphere, the build's name reflects this very well.

Suggestions: I think a pathway leading to the front door would enhance the build, maybe a curved one using terrain paint. Regarding the interior, I would have separated the living and bedroom areas, perhaps by using half walls or a divider. This would have added more interest to the interior design.

Sim Challenge: Elfie is a great name for such a cute and adorable creation, love the elf ears! Great choice of outfits and it was wonderful to see these at the appropriate occasions. Would be very interested to find out what you chose for her other trait and aspiration.

@Don_Oello

A great name for a great build, Overwatch has a wonderful unique structure, a good solid shape with perfect roofing and lots of large windows to let in plenty of light. The exterior finishes and fenestration contrast beautifully and the balcony provides fabulous views of the surrounding area. Lovely spacious interior layout providing a wonderful airy atmosphere, it’s good to see you’ve used natural materials. Beautiful modern interior design throughout which is very fitting for this build.

Suggestions: My suggestions are for the exterior of the build. Firstly, I would have used terrain paint for the driveway/path and maybe edged with a few plants. Secondly, regarding the area above the carport I would have either turned this into a second balcony and added a fence to match the first or just added some greenery around the edges. These would all have added more interest to the exterior and enhanced the build.

The Winner of this Challenge is....
    @portroyal56

Second Place goes to ....
    @popettypop2012

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....
    @SyddyB206

The Winner of the Room Challenge is ....
    @17lani71

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Well done, everyone! Starter challenges are hard, and you all did a wonderful job of creating attractive homes with a very limited budget! :smiley:
  • 17lani7117lani71 Posts: 51 Member
    Established Results for Challenge #56 - New Beginnings

@17lani71

A gorgeous cottage style starter with a very cheery appearance using a warm colour combination of exterior textures. The surrounding hedging really enhances the build and your roof structure is spot on. Great interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. The open plan living and kitchen areas are nice and spacious, giving a light and airy feel. The living room looks lovely and cosy and very comfy. Love the outdoor dining area, the fencing is a good choice as the brief requested natural materials.

Suggestions: Firstly, we like to see pics of all the side elevations of the build, together with an overhead shot with the roof up. Regarding the interiors, I would have separated the living and kitchen areas slightly by using half walls or dividers for example. I would also suggest using varying wall textures to add more interest inside, ie use tiles along the kitchen wall which contrast with the wall paper.

Sim Challenge: Beautiful interpretation of Fern, she does indeed have an air of tranquility about her. The third trait you chose is perfect, a music lover. The Curator aspiration is also a good choice as it's always great to get extra money for the collectables. It would have been wonderful to see pics of her whole wardrobe and the clothes choices you made.

Room Challenge: Wonderful work with Fern's bedroom, looks very elegant with your choice of furnishings. The rug gives a homely feel and the plants bring nature into the room. The fishbowl provides a soothing atmosphere. The only thing I would change is the mirror, maybe put it in the wall that faces the bed.

Thanks! Yes, I think I need to work on the photofrapgy/screenshot skills! :) anyway, thanks again for the sugestions, I'll imrpve the house according to the suggestions, tho obviously comps over. Anyway, thx :)
    Check out my blog at https://theravenrose.wordpress.com/ !
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Lenovo/Downloads/s.png[/img]

Thank you so much, @BuildnShare for your feedback. It is a great idea to break up the brickwork inside. I should've thought of it.

@portroyal56 Congratulations for the win! Your house is amazing and it is totally deserved.
    Just so you are all aware, the winners have been announced over on our facebook page and our twitter account.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Established Results for Challenge #57 - Hipster Loft Apartment

@Soraya4sims

Industrial Chic is a fabulous apartment, the open plan layout provides a light and spacious atmosphere. Really like how you have divided the kitchen, dining and living areas and your choice of floor and wall textures here. Gorgeous living room, looks so luxurious, yet comfy and cosy at the same time. Awesome computer nook design, the bookcases look great either side. The balcony looks wonderfully relaxing with the bench and bbq dining.

Suggestions: Firstly, please always provide an overhead shot of the whole floor so we can see the overall layout of the build and please remember to title all the pics. Regarding the spare room, I would have added some pics or wall hangings, maybe a rug and perhaps lamps to the bedside tables. These would have added more interest to the room.

@BreezyBlue022

Wow, you've really rocked the industrial/boho chic vibe with Hipster Apartment, mastered to perfection. Fantastic floor plan with each area clearly defined from the next, this really gives lots of interest to the design. Love the bright and colourful interiors, looks so warm and vibrant throughout. The kitchen counter design is fabulous, brings lots of style to this area. It's great you've made use of the balcony space to create artwork while listening to music, then relaxing at the table to watch the world go by.

Suggestions: The flooring looks great in the living areas with the bright and cheery rugs scattered about. However, the bathroom looks a little cold with this concrete floor and brick walls. Maybe tiles or a more colourful stone would give this room more warmth.

Sim Challenge: Fantastic work with Hipster Couple, they both look amazing. Love all their tattoos and their hippy appearances and you chose very wisely with the traits. Really enjoyed your slideshow, was great to see how their day began, progressed and ended and the outfits you chose for each occasion are spot on.

@popettypop2012

Wonderful layout to 19 Culpepper House, which you have transformed into a bright, colourful and vibrant apartment, full of life and cheeriness. Love how you've divided the computer nook from the living area and the lights either side of the computer look great. The master bedroom looks gorgeous and sunny and the large door to the balcony is fabulous here. You have certainly portrayed the boho chic/industrial vibe beautifully.

Suggestions: From what I can see you haven't made use of the balcony space. Perhaps outdoor dining or placing the easel here with some plants for example would liven this area up.

@emere

Awesome renovation of 19 Culpepper Apartment, you have shown the boho chic/industrial in it's finest form. Wonderful layout with access to all the rooms and finally leading to the balcony. It's great to see you've used this space as an easel nook with seating and added interest here with plants, wind chimes and lighting. I love all the colours and textures you have used internally, both on the walls and furnishings. They all match and complement each other. Fantastic kitchen design and the dining area is lovely and colourful yet subtle. Great backdrop to the sofa in the living room, makes a wonderful feature and the computer nook fits perfectly in the corner. Both green and purple bedrooms are very beautiful, again the brick and paint textures are very complimentary in these rooms.

Suggestions: The only suggestion I would make is regarding the balcony flooring. I would have used stone slabs or tiles and perhaps added a doormat, this would have added more interest to this area.

@Don_Oello

Pepper Industries is a fabulous renovation into a spacious and well laid out apartment. Lovely to see you have created a great balance with the industrial and boho vibes, which complement each other beautifully. Love the way you've divided the kitchen from the dining area, looks very modern and stylish and the wall hangings around the dining table add lots of interest. The art nook fits in perfectly here. The living room looks wonderfully vibrant and lively with your choice of colourful furnishings and decor, love the curtains around the sofa.

Suggestions: The master bedroom looks very beautiful, but I would have swapped the wardrobe and mirror around and perhaps angled the mirror in the corner. Also in this room, the wall texture with it's skirting board and coving looks a little odd next to the brickwork. I would have used a texture which covers floor to ceiling without the skirting and coving.

@emere

Second Place goes to ....
    @BreezyBlue022

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....
    @BreezyBlue022

GArBA5W.jpg
    W000t!! Congrats @emere, awesome entries all around :)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @FaithofKaela <3
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback o:) Thanks for this nice challenge to learn about those apartments B)
  • BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    Thank you for the feedback @BuildnShare, I do agree about the bathroom being cold.
    Expert Results for Challenge #57 - Hipster Loft Apartment

@folala

I love the eclecticism of your Hipster Flat. The abundance of mismatched clutter items makes the apartment feel lived in. Your choice of wall textures and flooring are in keeping with the industrial style. And you’ve created a nice mix of boho furniture with industrial/utilitarian items like the sinks and kitchen. Great use of floor rugs, too! And I love the wall of pictures/paintings in the guest bedroom as well as your use of plants throughout! The layout works well, especially having the kitchen near the door to the balcony. The balcony is a perfect spot to relax and have a cup of tea! :smiley: Great job!

Suggestions: I might have used the concrete wall texture for all of the inside walls (other than the perimeter of the apartment. There the brick is perfect.)—it seems more realistic.

@masajo

Chic and stylish perfectly describes Indichic Life. You made great choices of wall textures to contrast with the gray brick walls. The wood paneling and mid-century wallpaper patterns work surprisingly well together. And the slate flooring is in keeping with an overall industrial vibe. I love the painted floor designs—inspired! The muted overall color scheme allows the areas of colorful clutter items and furniture to really pop. The layout of the apartment works well with its open floor plan, and the natural light of the cozy balcony is ideal for the easel. :smiley: Wonderful work!

Suggestions: I might have laid out the guest bedroom with the twin beds closer to the window. That would allow a bit more privacy for guests given that there is no door to the room.

@pronterus

You have made brilliant choices throughout the decor of Boho Industrial Flat. The contrasting wall and floor textures are sophisticated (love the metal floors!). There are also an abundance of interesting details like the boho curtains over the archways, the industrial light sconces, and the use of decorative columns to divide wall areas. The layout works well, and the muted colors of the walls and floors allow the pops of boho madness to really shine. :smiley: Fantastic!

Suggestions: The balcony area might have been developed a little more. It seems tame compared to the inside of the apartment.

It was an absolute delight to witness the creativity and inventiveness of all three of you! But you made my job that much harder. In the end, I decided that Jenna’s mother would probably envision her daughter living in Indichic Life. Jenna would probably have chosen Boho Industrial Flat if she were living there by herself. But if I walked into Derek and Jenna’s apartment in San Myshuno, it would look like Hipster Flat. So…

@folala
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your wonderful comments and suggestions, very much appreciated :)

Many congratulations @folala a very well deserved win :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks very much @BuildnShare !! :D and thank you @masajo <3
    Congratulations to @emere

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top