March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    A very big thank you @BuildnShare for your wonderful feedback, much appreciated :) Big thank you also @gmcrozier and @StSciurus and many congrats to you both on your joint win, fantastic creations :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2016
    And congratulations @masajo on #49! I loved all the builds too, it must've been a hard choice. Well-deserved win! Congrats, @StSciurus and @gmcrozier, beautiful Federal homes!!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare - there is no review of my entry or @FaithofKaela's? Edit: (or #49 Summer Design Olympics).
    Apologies @bouquetcatcher - I must have somehow missed your entry, my fault entirely! I will remedy this immediately! BTW @FaithofKaela withdrew her entry for this round.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Oh I missed that she withdrew! She had such a lovely build. Thank you!
    @bouquetcatcher - your critique has been added, apologies once more for the oversight.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    And congratulations @masajo on #49! I loved all the builds too, it must've been a hard choice. Well-deserved win! Congrats, @StSciurus and @gmcrozier, beautiful Federal homes!!
    Many thanks @bouquetcatcher :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Thank you for the feed back @BuildnShare and yeah, I may have gone overboard in the backyard (if the lot had been larger, there would have been more :D ) Thank you for the joint win.
    Thank you @BuildnShare! I appreciate the feedback as always!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @masajo for your kind words! And thanks, too, to @BuildnShare for the helpful critique! And congratulations @gmcrozier ! Between you and @masajo I was definitely in the company of giants! :smiley:
    edited August 2016
    Congratulations to @StSciurus and thank you for the congrats @masajo , @bouquetcatcher and @StSciurus
    Thank you, @bouquetcatcher and @gmcrozier , for your kind words of congratulations. :smiley:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats to @masajo for your win and to @StSciurus and @gmcrozier!!! Everyone's build were fantastic!!

@bouquetcatcher - I withdrew my build, I was concerned over the costings with all those Sim made paintings ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Many thanks for your kind words @FaithofKaela sorry to see you withdrew :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    masajo wrote: »
    Many thanks for your kind words @FaithofKaela sorry to see you withdrew :)

Me, too! Hope to see your federal house on the gallery, @FaithofKaela , and thank you. :smiley:
    I'm a little confused - I was talking about the summer olympics house - did you withdraw that one @FaithofKaela?
    I'm a little confused - I was talking about the summer olympics house - did you withdraw that one @FaithofKaela?

That was the build with all the Sim made paintings hon, I never got round to entering the last challenge.
    Gotcha! Lol. Obviously I'm obsessed with your build.... Hehe, must be time for me to go play some Sims and get over it!
    Expert Results for Challenge #51 - When Modern Was New

@masajo
    What a gorgeous MCM design you have created for this challenge. The choices you have made for the exterior walls really help nail down the style, as does that wonderful roof line. Your front landscaping is wonderful, you have made great use of the curved decking. I’m glad to see that you got in the children’s play area, flower and veggie gardens! Your planting choices work really well. Your layout inside is lovely, it has a real flow to it, and you have made some really brilliant choices when it comes to furniture and placement. Your first floor is just great, I love the bold colours you have used both in the master suite and in little Fleur’s room. You made great use of flowers throughout the home without going overboard, good job.

Suggestions: Personally, I think the two separate pools are a little too much in the rear garden, and I think it would have looked a little less disordered had you not had the one between the pergola and the veggie garden, then the climbing frame would have fit in there a treat. I wonder if just another couple of little splashes of colour on the main floor would have made the place look a little more inviting, as it is tit feels a little on the sterile side. It would have been nice to have made some sort of reference to Fleur’s ambition to become an astronaut in her room.

@StSciurus
    Wow, A Mid Century Modern done on an angle, you don’t get more MCM than that in my book! Your exterior wall treatments complement the style of the build as does the landscaping you have provided. Your layout works really well, especially being a one storey build, it really flows. The objects and placement you have used really helps pinpoint that MCM styling. Those little pops of colour are brilliant and I think that you have made this home personalised to Thierry, Clotilde and Fleur which is wonderful, especially in little Fleur’s room. That children’s play house is inspired, and really well thought out and executed.

Suggestions: I think the car port stands out a bit too much, I understand that it wouldn’t have fit on the angle and wonder if just a driveway would have blended in better. I would liked to have seen more made of the flower and vegetable garden, those little planters feel a little half-hearted. I wonder if maybe a little more yellow in the master bedroom would have made it perfect for Clotilde, and had you noticed that the siding from the exterior was showing on the inside of the room with the tiered windows? I feel it detracts from the overall feeling of harmony that permeates your build.

@gmcrozier
    This is such a great example of Mid Century Modern architecture, that slatted roof area with the bamboo is inspired! Great job with Clotilde’s flower garden out the front too! Your interiors look fabulous, your layout works incredibly well and you have made some superb object choices. I am loving that kitchen/diner, it all works so well. That office is just amazing, it’s so light and airy. The guest bedroom is lovely, those soft pinks add some real homeliness to the room. And great use of flowers throughout the home, without making it feel too cluttered.

Suggestions: Your exterior wall treatments feel a little bland, I wonder if it would have added a little interest had you included some stone in there somewhere. The garage roof doesn’t really seem to fit with the MCM vibe, especially with the open face on the rear. I am curious as to whether or not Flour's room could have been personalised a little more to her, I see no mention of her scientific interest or aspiration to become an astronaut.

@bouquetcatcher
    What an absolute beauty of a Mid Century Modern build this is, the architecture is spot on, the roofline works really well, and your exterior wall treatments really help nail the style. You have done a great job with the landscaping, nice and modern and clean on the curb, with that wonderful flower garden to the rear. You have made some really great use of the terrain painting tool. Your interior layout works well, and you have made some really spot on object choices. Those splashes of colour really help the home feel modern and vibrant, the perfect blend for an MCM style interior. I adore Fleur’s room, that lime green is spot on and all those little nods to her astronaut aspiration. That piece of MOO with the planter in the dining room table is just perfect, something I’ve never seen before!

Suggestions: I really struggled to come up with anything I would suggest you could improve on, maybe a couple more pictures of the bathrooms would have been nice to see.

And the winner is....

@bouquetcatcher
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Big thank you @BuildnShare really appreciate your wonderful review :) Many congrats @bouquetcatcher on your well deserved win, a superb build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    BTW - @bouquetcatcher your Sim entry was awesome, it really looks like the Leclercq Family are enjoying their new home. Their clothing choices are perfect and their traits really suit them!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you, @BuildnShare , for the wonderful feedback! And well deserved congratulations to @bouquetcatcher for a fantastic entry! :smiley:
    Wow thank you!! I really appreciate the feedback and the compliments, everyone! Especially with such great competition, I loved every one of your houses and thought they were excellent Mid Century Modern homes! @BuildnShare share I giggle a the more pictures - I REALLY hated not putting more, but I had no budget lol! You should have seen me removing flowers out back left and right to get it back under budget hehe!! I really wanted more art everywhere. Darn expensive art!! :D
    Congrats @bouquetcatcher - a really fabulous entry from you this round! And I hear you about trying to get a build under budget, it's tough sometimes!! Congrats to @gmcrozier @masajo and @StSciurus as well, really great builds all round!!
    I hear you @bouquetcatcher - I think my entry for this round is going to end up being just for fun, I've furnished one level of four and used over half my budget already :worried:
    Congratulation @bouquetcatcher , well deserved win. Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top