Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2015
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #23 - THINK TINY

@wyn

This is a gorgeous cottage with a modern style both inside and out, very impressive how you've achieved this unique style. Great choice of windows and doors, together with the stone and wood wall textures. Minimal planting at the front which looks good with the modern style. Fabulous porch with the hot tub, dining area and bbq, really like how you've designed the shade overhead. Lovely to see the patio, looks beautiful and perfect for yoga. Wonderful interior layout making use of all the space, great idea to have the computer desk in the kitchen!

Suggestions: Whilst wooden flooring is perfect for a cottage, I think the addition of a few mats/rugs would have made the floors more interesting.

Sim Challenge: A beautiful young couple starting their lives together. You have given them both really great traits, squeamish is kind of shy and it's very romantic they both have the soulmate aspiration. The outfits you have chosen for Taylor and Julie are all excellent choices which match their personalities.

Good to see your presentation of Forget Me Not Cottage which is a sound architectural structure with a good combination of exterior wall finishes. Beautiful cottage style landscaping, particularly at the rear surrounding the gorgeous dining area. Great wraparound porch, perfect for chess! Love your interior design, very cottage like and totally interesting with all the detail, it really is amazing how much you've packed in to a small space.

Suggestions: I think the cottage interiors would be greatly enhanced with the addition of curtains. Also, we like to see overhead shots of the whole site and each floor of the build so we can get an overall view.

@Lisa17Ann

Compact Cutie is exactly what it says, a beautiful cottage both inside and out. Lovely structure with great rooflines and a very interesting facade with the ornate front porch. The plants and gnome offer a very welcoming entrance. The rear patio with bbq and dining is a wonderful extension to the cottage. Love the colour scheme of your interiors, striking green in the main living area and the orange rug in the bathroom really adds vibrance and life.

Suggestions: Excellent use of half walls to separate the living area from the kitchen. It might have been good to separate the bedroom from the living area too, perhaps using the same design of half walls.

@EmmaVane

Compromise Cottage is a very interesting and unique design with quite a nautical appearance. Great choice of exterior finishes with beautiful landscaping in matching colours. Love the ring of planters, the meditation area with the mosaic ring and incense and the pond at the rear, looks the perfect place to relax. The hot tub on the roof overlooking these wonderful grounds looks very inviting! Good to see you've carried the style of the build to the interior which is very cute and modern. Amazing how much you've packed into this build, even a computer niche, great work.

Suggestions: The only suggestion I would make on this terrific build is to reduce the size of the pond or maybe change the shape of it and add more plants or maybe a few enlarged rocks.

Sim Challenge: The Franklins are a great couple who really seem to be enjoying their new home, where there is certainly plenty to do. Really good to see Taylor meditating and Julie gardening, cooking, fishing, etc. It's also great to see them spending time together in the hot tub and playing chess. The outfits you have chosen really match their personalities.

@folala

Very cute cottage with a modern twist using large windows and metal roofing which provide a lovely contrast alongside the exterior finishes. Traditional cottage planting adds beauty and colour while the hedge gives privacy. Lovely rear deck with hot tub and dining facilities, the red colour is vibrant and adds interest, whereas the lawn area looks serene and peaceful. Cosy and homely interior design, again with a modern feel. Love your kitchen sink with all the clutter, very realistic and the fire looks very cosy in the living area.

Suggestions: There is a good amount of space at the front of the cottage which looks like it needs furnishing. Perhaps adding a few potted plants around the deck and maybe some benches on the gravel area would achieve this.

Sim Challenge: Amazing work with the Franklins, absolutely love the outfits you have chosen for them and excellent traits too. Good to see them being friendly and inviting the neighbours over and also to see the couple enjoying their new home.

@Cbear13

Gorgeous modern cottage style build covering three floors, it's amazing what can be achieved in such a small space! Good proportions, the balconies wrap around the build very well adding extra outdoor areas to paint and dine. The lounge area at the entrance looks a wonderful place to relax or dine 'al fresco' and it's good to see you've used terrain paint to create a place for the hot tub and a path leading to the gardening area. Great interior layout using a soft palette for the decoration and furnishings. The half wall is a perfect divider from the kitchen to living area and the stone wall gives the bedroom a great cottage look.

Suggestions: Using different sized 'matching' types of windows at the front would add more interest to the build. Also I think the external appearance would benefit from windows on the side elevations.

Sim Challenge: Great looking couple who look perfect together. You have chosen wonderful traits for them and outfits to suit. Hope they'll be more careful with the incense in future!

@RyeCris16

Sunshine Smiles is a perfect name for this charming cottage, which looks such a happy place with the welcome mat and canopy above the front door. Great choice of windows and doors and white fencing, true cottage style. The chimney adds character and the window boxes provide even more beauty. The hedge ensures privacy for the rear meditation garden, again very bright and sunny looking. Good to see you've brought the sunny yellow to the interiors which looks very citrus next to the orange. Wonderful layout and an excellent idea to use half walls to separate the kitchen from the living area. You've achieved a good sized bathroom and the bedroom looks very cool in blue.

Suggestions: The addition of more 'clutter' to the interior would make the home look more lived in and cosy. For example, toiletries or flowers on the bedroom dresser and maybe some plants in the living area.

@twtybrd0707

Your Franklins are a beautiful stylish couple who look very happy to be at their gorgeous new home. Quite a traditional design with a path leading to the front door and cottage style planting. Lovely rooflines and a great combination of windows and doors. The backyard looks calming and peaceful with the beautiful fountain surrounded by rocks and the patio is perfect for dining. Good interior layout with an ambient colour scheme. It looks great how you've divided the kitchen and living area using half walls and I love the pictures on the walls.

Suggestions: The exterior of your build is very lovely but I think it could look much more interesting by using a variety of wall finishes instead of just one, experiment with different colours and textures.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@EmmaVane

Second place goes to ....

@lisa17ann

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@folala
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the feedback and suggestion! :)
    Yes, clutters, I believed I forgot to use them! I was focusing on modern, so I did it less cluttered. I'll try to use them on my next build. Thanks again for such a wonderful and encouraging comments and constructive criticisms! :smiley:

Also, congratulations @EmmaVane and @lisa17ann for winning the challenge, and @folala for the Sim challenge! :smiley::star::star::star:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
    I won? :open_mouth:

Wow. Thanks. Mine was so different from everyone else's that I thought everyone saw something in the brief that I missed.

Yeah, the pond took up a lot of room, even though it's the smallest size one. Unfortunately I'm not the most patient person in the world (hence why I like building and living in smaller homes) and handmade ponds tend to end up over-cluttered when I make them :lol:. I did try placing more rocks etc in the pond, but the game doesn't allow them past the border.

Thanks for the gratz too @RyeCris16 :p
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited August 2015
    Congratulations @EmmaVane and to @folala for winning the Sims challenge! Also thank you so much for the 2nd place and the feed back and great comments @BuildnShare I tried so hard to separate the bedroom from the rest of the main living area but it rendered it unusable by both sims at the same time...I think I just got fed up lol :D

P.S. Thanks for the Congrats @RyeCris16 and @EmmaVane
    Post edited by lisa17ann on
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited August 2015
    Congrats on 2nd @lisa17ann and on your sims @folala :)
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #22 - Reuse & Recylce II

@Issabella14
    Cosy Cottage – This cottage is adorable from the front! Love the upper windows and the arched entry. The well in the front is a nice touch. Lovely combination of stone and weathered brick on the exterior. Nice landscaping around the entire home. Like the stone and wood in the interior. Cute choice of lighting in upstairs bedroom. The green child’s bedroom is VERY cute. Love the bunny painting. Fantastic job on the roofing to add interest to the build.

Suggestions: The colors and fabrics on furniture downstairs leaned more toward cabin than cottage. Avoid “dead spaces” with no décor like the upstairs landing.

Into the Woods – Interesting “wrap-around” layout with courtyard in the middle. Love the choices of wood paneling and large glass windows. Creative deck choice with cut-out planters for the trees. Love the ceiling (is that fencing with the flat roof?) and the outdoor bar in the courtyard. Those windows are just perfect – very rustic. Love the study. Great use of the “enlarge” tool to get more bang out of your décor objects. Beautiful rustic bedroom suite. Love the kids room! Too cute. Fantastic eat-in kitchen.

Suggestions: Not much to add here. You spend your $ wisely and creatively. My only question would be that it isn’t really traditional “chalet” style architecture. But, it is a nice, modern spin on the idea.

Retro Glam – Nice use of the shed-style roofline. Beautiful outdoor spaces all around the property. Love those super-sized planters in the entrance. LOVE the living area. Nice choice of colors, pattern, and stone - very vibrant and modern. Like the color accents in the bedroom. Beautiful modern bathroom. Another adorable child’s room! The pool area outside is very luxurious! Definitely glam.

Suggestions: A neutral stone color on the downstairs walls (instead of green) would have made the colors in your furniture and décor elements pop even more.

@Zita1966z
    Blue Bay Cottage - Very cute cottage accents on the exterior. Like the awnings and window boxes. Super kitchen. Love the details like the fish and sauce bottles that give it a lived-in touch. Clever use of the woodworking furniture to save $ . Cute kids bedroom. Nice master bedroom. The distressed painted furniture lends to the cottage feel. Very clever overlapping of the ponds in the back! Like the layout you chose for the containers. Super roof work as well. Landscaping is spot-on for a cottage.

Suggestions: The two different colored window flower boxes right next to each other on the front of the home didn’t look balanced. (All yellow to match the awnings would have tied them together better) Some sort of separation in the kids room (screen or ½ wall) would make the different colors look more natural and harmonious.

Woodpecker’s Lodge - Nice chalet look achieved with the different roofing options. The wooden “sculpture” is very creative (roof pieces, I’m guessing?). Fantastic rustic kitchen. Love the stone floors. What chalet is complete without a hot tub? The view of the home through the flowers is very charming. Very cool layout of the containers to achieve the chalet look.

Suggestions – Some of the furniture and other objects looked more appropriate for the cottage/traditional style rather than rustic. When given a design style to work with, use it throughout the build.

Splendour – Wow! This house is a knockout from the front. Fantastic job on the roof. Love the pool and fountains. Cute kitchen island. Love the touch of the vegetables on the counter. Very glam living room. Love the all-white. Love that you’ve pulled the wall treatment and flooring all the way through the downstairs. The guest bedroom is very chic - love the use of the enlarged wall sculpture for a dramatic headboard. What an adorable kids room! Love the awnings. How clever.

Suggestions: Not much to add. The home is consistently glam throughout. Not sure if the rounded rooflines are traditionally “shed,” but I like the interpretation of it.

@Rostri-Jodu
    Containerage – This looks very cottage-like from the front – very cute. Nice use of the curved roof tool. Love the shuttered windows you chose. Furniture and wall choices lend to the cottage feel nicely. Love the galley kitchen. Really liking your color choices on this main floor. Nice master bedroom. The window boxes are adorable.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen a little more landscaping on a lot this size. The open bathroom right off the kitchen seemed oddly placed.

Chaletainer –
    Wow – that is one A-mazing A-frame roof! Interesting placement of the containers. Love all of the gingerbread treatment and the coloring of the exterior. Love the blending of the rustic & industrial styles in the kitchen. Very chic.

Suggestions: Not sure how practical this layout would be during ski season. Having all of the containers connected and protected from the elements would be more realistic.

Glamtainer – Another interesting layout of the containers. I like your rooflines. The entry is glam to the max! Very lovely. The columns and marble-inlay floor are fantastic. Nice kitchen and very elegant bar area. The upstairs dining room is beautiful.

Suggestions: Nice job on terrain paint for low-cost landscaping interest, but I would expect to see more actual structures and elements for a glam style.

@gmcrozier
    410 Parcel Drive – Adorable cottage design. Love the weather brick exterior and roof choice. Nice landscaping on the front of the home. Good job tying the roofing bits together. Harmonious colors throughout. Love the blue bathroom and the kids room. Nice master suite.

Suggestions: The solid brown couches where a bit monotone. A pop of color in this room would have been nice.

710 Wilderness Drive – Nice a-frame design. Nice use of rocks in the landscaping. Like the firepit with chairs. Love the landscaping you’ve done around the fishing hole to make it blend into the landscape. Nice use of rustic furnishings inside. Cute idea for walk-in closet. Cute kid’s room. Nice job color-coordinating. Design is cohesive throughout.

Suggestions: Try to hold back a little money for more clutter (try raiding buydebug if necessary).

826 Oasis Lane - This build is really beautiful from the exterior. Loving the siding choices, and the roof work is really fantastic. Love the landscaping with little groupings of palm tree – flawless execution here. Really creative use of the window boxes in the main bedroom. Love the ‘built-ins” for clothing. Another adorable kids room! You really make those EA colors work – impressive.

Suggestions: Would have liked to have seen a little more “bling” for the glam interior.

The Overall Winner of this Challenge is ....

@gmcrozier !

These 3 builds are very balanced, hitting high marks across all 3 areas: architecture, landscaping, and interior design. Congrats!

@Rostri-Jodu !

The Winner of the Room Challenge is ....

@Rostri-Jodu !

And I wouldn’t feel right without acknowledging some truly stand-out work from the other entrants:

WOW'd ME Shed/Glam Exterior goes to @Zita1966z !

WOW'd ME Cottage Interior goes to @Rostri-Jodu !

WOW'd ME Glam Interior goes to @Issabella !

Great job, everyone. Your builds were very inspiring, and it was my honor to review them :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congradulations @gmcrozier =) and @Rostri-Jodu I couldn't agree more that all the builds in this category were wonderful!

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congratulations @gmcrozier, very well deserved :) and @Rostri-Jodu for the room challenge. :)
    edited August 2015
    @BuildnShare, thank you for the great review on Challenge #22 <3:)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congrats @lisa17ann & @EmmaVane , well done & thanks. thanks @RyeCris16
    Congrats to @gmcrozier & @Rostri-Jodu too on #22 challenge.
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Woohoo! Thanks for the win and the feedback. Congrats to all!
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #23 - THINK TINY

@kamb1403
    Like the sunflower painting. Cute flowers around the pond. The white table with chairs is lovely for outdoor dining - plenty of room for the young couple to entertain guests. Nice, functional kitchen layout. Cute bed and hanging shelves in the bedroom. Like the flower boxes out front. Nicely proportioned house. Love the fencing over the outside patio for a pergola look!

Suggestions: Use “tab” mode when taking photographs to get the best angle.
    **Note – for this challenge, we need to see up-close pictures of each room to be able to give detailed feedback. I was not able to see pictures of some rooms.

@PersRealmsShadow
    The curved roof and 2 levels of windows on the exterior are very cute. Love the stone siding. The interior is compact but functional. Interesting choice to go with a basement design – like the creativity. Lovely outside living area. Nice use of space downstairs. Solid design choices – everything blends nicely.

Suggestions: For realism, I don’t think a couch that close to the stove is not the best choice. Was there any additional landscaping? Would have liked to have seen more pictures.

Sim Challenge - I can see how these two very creative people would have found each other! Great job.

@Leabeejeebee
    Nice roof work to add interest to the build. Good use of textures on the exterior. Cute landscaping out front. Love the flower beds in the back yard and around the house. Cute kitchen. Love the wall choice and red cabinets here - very stylish. Good use of space – you’ve fit a lot into this tiny home.

Suggestions: Looks like one of the roof portions was left bare on the front (or may be the lighting). Pull your hipped roof portion back another square so that it ties into the a-frame section, and avoid valleys between sections of roof.

@outsidetree
    Cute cottage style home. Love the windows with shutters and the window flower box on the front. Like the stucco and brick siding. Very nice choices inside! Love the subway tile in the kitchen and the green in the bathroom. Great kitchen layout. Studio-style build is a good cost saving measure. All your color choices blend nicely. Good work on the different sections of the roof. Like the back deck.

Suggestions: Higher foundation homes are more costly as are fountains. Different choices here might have given you more money to spend on landscaping.

@Leabeejeebee!

@PersRealmsShadow

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Congrats guys :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    :O I winned! :D Grats @Leabeejeebee and thanks everyone ^_^
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    Congrats @Leabeejeebee and @PersRealmShadow. Well done <3:)
    Congrats @Leabeejeebee and @PersRealmsShadow great job! :)

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Congratulations @Leebeejeebee for winning the #BnS23 Starting Out challenge and @PersRealmsShadow for the Sim challenge! :smiley::star::star:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #24 - MR McGREGOR'S FARM

@PersRealmsShadow

A very attractive facade to your farmhouse using strong contrasting colours, ornate spandrels and columns and traditional fencing. The planted flower beds surrounding the build really enhance the beauty of this home. The open plan interior layout provides lots of space, enabling good game play. The clutter in the kitchen and the rustic style furnishings add to the cosy and homely feel. The mud room is an excellent idea for a farmhouse! Good sized room for the grandchildren which is decorated beautifully. Well designed backyard with the garden crops, the mini orchard, potting shed and area for the children to play. The porch here is a perfect place to rest or bbq.

Suggestions: Watch the budget! The total cost = build cost + lot cost. Regarding the build itself, I think the front porch would be greatly enhanced with the addition of potted plants, seating or even some form of activity.

Sim Challenge: It's wonderful you based the McGregors on your grams and gramps, they look a fantastic couple. Great choice of traits and lovely day clothes, though it would have been nice to see pics of all the outfits.

Room Challenge: Very cute potting shed which blends in perfectly with the main house. Lovely cosy interior with a comfy chair for Mr McGregor, wonderful idea to install a sink!

@moodbeamy

Old Ma's Farm is a very attractive build with it's cool green walls, ornate spandrels, columns and traditional white fencing. Great choice and placement of windows and doors, the flower boxes add beauty and interest. Fantastic landscaping around the build, very typical of the countryside and I love how you've placed the boundary fences. Wonderful use of terrain paint to create paths and dirt tracks, looks very realistic. Lovely spacious open plan interior layout, very much a country style kitchen with your excellent choice of decor and furnishings.

Suggestions: The potting shed at the rear is a great design and a fantastic feature, but what about the rest of the land here. Maybe some crops or a mini orchard would have filled this area and added interest. Please remember to title your pics and organise them well in the presentation.

@lisa17ann

Sunflower Farm is such a pretty and happy looking build with it’s sunny yellow walls, shuttered windows, cheery window boxes and picket fencing, all very true to the country style. The dormers add interest and the chimneys finish off the cosy appearance perfectly. Gorgeous country planting at the front and great use of terrain paint to create pathways. Love the sunflower and veggie garden, well protected from the rabbits! It’s great to see you’ve brought the sunflower theme inside, this works so well with the rustic style. The open fire in the living room, the wooden table in the kitchen, the pantry and your excellent choice of wall coverings throughout are wonderful features of a typical farmhouse.

Suggestions: The fishing pond and potting shed are fantastic features in the rear garden and the pathways divide the area up wonderfully. However, I feel this area would benefit from some outdoor furniture within these areas, for example seating/benches or outdoor dining/picnic tables perhaps.

@folala

Rabbit-Proof Farm is a very beautiful creation making full use of all the lot space. Fantastic exterior layout with each area divided perfectly using terrain paint pathways. Beautiful flower beds and great placement of rocks and plants around the fishing pond. The vegetable plot is well stocked and protected by the high fence and I love the potting shed, amazing work! The design of the farmhouse is very unique and the style of roofing really compliments the build. Great interior layout and fantastic choice of country style wall coverings throughout. Very cosy living room with the open fire and bric-a-brac, looks lovely and homely. Traditional kitchen/diner very true to the rustic style and I love how you’ve divided the two areas with the spandrel, great idea!

Suggestions: Absolutely love the outdoors of your build, the only addition I would make is a picnic bench with bbq perhaps. Inside I would add some curtains to the main bedroom and a picture or wall decoration on the side wall of this room.

@folala!

The Winner of the Room Challenge is ....

@PersRealmsShadow

@PersRealmsShadow
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Well Done and congratulations @folala =) and @PersRealmsShadow as well for your room and sim win =) Thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback =)

Congrats @folala and @PersRealmsShadow, well done to all the entries <3:)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    :O whoohoo! Grats @folala I loved your build ^_^
    EkwtdjR.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top