Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited January 31
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrant for #180 Let it Snow!

Your result is now available here.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #181 Winter Designer Showdown
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME Hallow Slough
    Custom content- Arwenk, Felicity, lavilikesims Syboubou and DOT
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/4qQLskU

QuqujIr.png
    NNOKuIO.png
    BNS #181 Winter Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    (I'm sorry for being a little bit late, I'd like to post my entry anyway)

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #181 -Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Established / Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Parkshore in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Name: Parkshore Mansion BnS181
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EA7BCC20397C42E189B664782E181EA5?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 5500
    GALLERY COST: 395,266
    TOTAL COST: 400,766
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/z8VSQME
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is a new home designed for a wealthy family, who loves music, art and everything creative. The family consists of parents: mother and father and their three children: teenage twin boys and an infant daughter. The parents are successful in their careers: the father is a doctor and the mother is an artist. The father is also very creative: on his spare time he loves to do wood crafts and he also loves to use the fabricator, he designs and makes furniture and decorative items. The other one of the twins loves all sorts of sports, and the other one has a passion for music: he aspires to become a famous DJ in the future and he wants to produce his own music. The spacious home features: 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. In their new home, the family has all that they have wished for. The home is decorated for celebrating New Year.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    h8ZTLRe.png
    sIHvRC5.png
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    edited February 1
    PNL38Ed.png

The weather just took a turn for the worse as an unexpected snowfall has just begun. You have sent everyone from the office home since you only have one more client to interview. You want to make sure everyone gets home safely before it really gets bad on the streets. Since it is Friday, this means a slow weekend in front of the fireplace with a good book. You smile at the thought as you make more hot cocoa with marshmallows.
    The bell on the office door jingles gently as someone enters, and you turn around to greet your client. He is a very tall and thin man with hair so black it shines blue. His eyes are a dazzling blue, and his lips have a ruby glow, probably from the cold blowing winds outside. He never left a name, so you are curious about him as he carefully stomps the snow off his shoes on the mat before walking towards you.
    You walk towards him with a piping hot mug of cocoa and greet him warmly. He returns the smile and follows you into the inner office. Once you are both seated and sipping cocoa he begins to talk.
    "This cocoa sure hits the spot!" he exclaims merrily. "What a delightful welcome! My name is Jack Frost-well, I should say it is Jonathan, but I have been called Jack since birth. I run a bar in the next town. I should say I ran one. It was very popular for years, but a tornado wiped it out last summer. I was devastated for a while, and I just could not see myself rebuilding over there. So I finally decided to come over here and build a new business." He takes another slurp of cocoa and sighs in appreciation.
    "What kind of new business are you looking to start?" you ask patiently, happy he likes your cocoa.
    "Well, that is the thing," he admits wearily. "I don't really know. My family have had many businesses, in the past as well as today. I want to do something different. I have two real loves. Now don't laugh! Art and dogs!" He chuckles.
    You join in his laughing at two such separate loves then prompt him, "Have you decided which you want to pursue?"
    "Absolutely not!" he says cheekily. "That part I am leaving up to you! I have $197,500 to spend. Make me a kennel or an art gallery, whichever you like. I will get the necessary licenses once I have seen it. The only two requirements I have are a large office with a private bathroom for myself with loads of green in it and a large break room with entertainment as well as food warming and a fridge. Employees deserve the best, in my opinion!"
    "That is very generous!" you exclaim, awed by the thought. You know many people who think of employees last, so it is good to hear someone of a different cloth. You continue to question him until you see a real trend towards one of the businesses. The snow is already ankle deep when you both finally leave and part in the parking lot. Your mind is swirling with ideas as you drive cautiously home in the blinding snow.

The brief:
    -make either an art gallery OR a kennel to board animals.
    -budget is $197,500, including the price of the lot.
    -include a parking lot; landscaping; public restrooms; a large break room with entertainment, a way to heat food, and a refrigerator.
    -include things applicable to the business (art for sale, kennels with part fencing for animals, etc).
    -include a large private office with its own ensuite and shades of green!
    -include an entrance area with some seating and a desk or cashier area.
    Note: For those without any pet expansions, you can build a basic kennel with children’s toys as squeaky toys, there is no need to include animals. CC is allowed as well.

The Room Challenge:
    -budget $35,500.
    -create the break room with entertainment, a food warming device, and a fridge.

The Sim Challenge:
    -create Jack Frost and give his talents, likes, dislikes, etc.
    -show all his clothing options.
    -show him looking over his new business!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Aaleyn wrote: »
    (I'm sorry for being a little bit late, I'd like to post my entry anyway)

CHALLENGE #181 -Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Established / Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Parkshore in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Name: Parkshore Mansion BnS181
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EA7BCC20397C42E189B664782E181EA5?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 5500
    GALLERY COST: 395,266
    TOTAL COST: 400,766
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/z8VSQME
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is a new home designed for a wealthy family, who loves music, art and everything creative. The family consists of parents: mother and father and their three children: teenage twin boys and an infant daughter. The parents are successful in their careers: the father is a doctor and the mother is an artist. The father is also very creative: on his spare time he loves to do wood crafts and he also loves to use the fabricator, he designs and makes furniture and decorative items. The other one of the twins loves all sorts of sports, and the other one has a passion for music: he aspires to become a famous DJ in the future and he wants to produce his own music. The spacious home features: 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. In their new home, the family has all that they have wished for. The home is decorated for celebrating New Year.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    h8ZTLRe.png
    sIHvRC5.png

since you posted within minutes of when I closed the challenge, your entry still counts.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,095 Member
    Great builds, everyone B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    since you posted within minutes of when I closed the challenge, your entry still counts.

Wonderful, thank you very much @BuildnShare ! :blush:

Beautiful, creative builds, everyone! :blush:

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    Aaleyn wrote: »

Wonderful, thank you very much @BuildnShare ! :blush:

Beautiful, creative builds, everyone! :blush:

You're welcome
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 54 Member
    I had to sit the last one out bc I was so busy, but I think I'll be able to participate in this one! ...once I'm able to choose which business I want to build. Such a hard choice!
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Hey team! How are you?

Sorry to bother, but I just noticed something, I think my entry for BnS 177 - 'A home for everyone' was not evaluated. Here is the post and although I did not know my category when I posted, here in the Archives I was assigned to the Established category.

I just noticed the results were alredy posted in January but no feedback for my house 😅 Can I maybe get one please? Thank you
  • _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 273 Member
    Hello, @BuildnShare
    Quick question, for the new challenge BnS#182, any suggestions for the Lot Type, should we decide to go with a boarding kennel? : )
    I see Art Center, but I am unsure what the other would land under : )
    Thank you for your time : )
    Hello, @BuildnShare
    Quick question, for the new challenge BnS#182, any suggestions for the Lot Type, should we decide to go with a boarding kennel? : )
    I see Art Center, but I am unsure what the other would land under : )
    Thank you for your time : )

Suppose you could leave it as generic or make it a Park. If you have Cats and Dogs, just slap the Dog Hang Out lot trait on it.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Wildling wrote: »
    Hey team! How are you?

Sorry to bother, but I just noticed something, I think my entry for BnS 177 - 'A home for everyone' was not evaluated. Here is the post and although I did not know my category when I posted, here in the Archives I was assigned to the Established category.

I just noticed the results were alredy posted in January but no feedback for my house 😅 Can I maybe get one please? Thank you

Apologies, we're hoping to get it done this week for you :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Hey team! How are you?

Apologies, we're hoping to get it done this week for you :)

Thank you! These things happen, no prob
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #182 Jack Frost
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME Preminent domain
    lot cost 3000
    build cost 132558
    Total 135558
    NEW LOT LINK:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E20E3AC4C74F4547AF6BE9D592359064?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/FE4DZbD

nZeBGki.png
    Hey team! How are you?

@Wildling your feedback for #177 has now been included here

GArBA5W.jpg
  • healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 54 Member
    I built a big shell for my build, even did landscaping, and then my game crashed RIGHT WHEN I WAS SAVING :'(:s
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
    oh no @healthxsims!!! :o
    4kkjdXo.png

edited February 16
    CHALLENGE #182 -Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    FORUM ID: _DelilahsRose_
    ORIGIN ID: DelilahsRose
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: Frosty Coats Boarding & Groom https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B9C3BAC47B5440D5A51C6DF7538D65B4
    LOT COST: 12,000 Simoleons
    GALLERY COST: 181,439 Simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 193,439 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720314817678/
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Welcome all to Frosty Coats Boarding & Groom! The perfect place for your beloved pets if you need a place for them to stay, or have them groomed. Dogs, cats, & horses welcome! Featuring a bright, cheerful kennel - cozy, warm grooming stations, and wide open spaces for your animals to run free! Also, Frosty Coats offers an adoption agency for animals left behind or surrendered. It also features a small animal supply gift shop. The business is designed and operated by the owner Jack Frost.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/a
    onB25QU.png
    Ft5yoxf.png
    Post edited by _DelilahsRose_ on
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182 - Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3EA69527AF0B4C95995B9732A062F401?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 27,948 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720314809830/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Frosty Coat Boarding & Groom's Employee break room. Featuring: entertainment such as chess, music, foosball, tv, and reading material, A kitchen including fridge, microwave, sink, pizza maker, and plenty of coffee! A spacious lounge space over looking the ocean, lockers and an employee billboard. A peaceful place to rest from our furry friends.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EoWkkFc.png
    7Byy2k1.png

SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #182-Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    HOUSEHOLD: Jack Frost https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/28AC960D412D49CEA61D63C7320433D0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DelilahsRose&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://www.flickr.com/photos/199359313@N04/albums/72177720314831734/
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Jack Frost, confident and self assured, but with a soft spot for his beloved furry friends. He can win over any room - and any person - with his blinding white smile and piercing blue eyes, and he knows it! He has opened a new business - Frosty Coats Boarding & Groom in Brindleton Bay, with top notch employees.
    He enjoys music, darts, animals, a place to lounge with a good book - oh and the color green <3
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    T3arqKm.png
    R3FagLo.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    CHALLENGE #182 -Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just For Fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Old Salt House lot in San Myshuno
    NEW LOT LINK: Jon's Pet Hotel & Supply
    LOT COST: $9000.00
    GALLERY COST: $151,224.00
    TOTAL COST: $160,224.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS 182- Jack Frost Comes Knocking
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to build a dog kennel in downtown San Myshuno on The Old Salt House lot. The reason that I chose to build in the big city was because I wanted Jonathon..er..uh, I mean Jack to be close to the arts district so he can still enjoy his love of art as well as enjoying the company of dogs. I also figured that there would be a need for dog boarding in the city, as many sims may have jobs that cause them to travel frequently. This high end dog kennel and pet store is sure to be a hit with the pet owners from the area or maybe even beyond. Jon's Pet Hotel & Supply offers pet boarding, grooming, training, rehabilitation, supplies, and also offers customers a public outdoor space to train their pet or interact with other pets and their owners. The building has a modern design with an industrial style staff room and living accommodations above the business. I have made sure to incorporate Jonathon's love of green into the design as well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Sure!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    eB9vsqn.png
    J5yd7m3.png
    I will post my break room entry form before the deadline when I'm feeling a little better. I just started a bad cold yesterday :(. I just have to take some pictures.
    4kkjdXo.png

edited March 1
    Post changed.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top