Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    @JojoMOMSTER --- did it let you get the links to your slideshow?

It's working for me!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited March 2023
    BUILD entry
    CHALLENGE #171 -Four Square
    FORUM ID: SerraNolwen
    ORIGIN ID: SerraNolwen
    LEVEL: Established? I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's what I entered as previously.
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bathe de Rill (originally the community pool in Lykke Center)
    NEW LOT LINK: Windenburg Townhouses on the gallery
    LOT COST: 3000 (already owned by the sim)
    GALLERY COST: 246 616 simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 249 616 simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to make a very modern building to fit in Lykke Center. Each house has its own color scheme, décor style and layout. However, since it was primarily built by a promoter, some elements that would have been there before sims moved in are the same, with just the color changing : floors, cabinetry, plumbing and main appliances.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)

7KU9jfy.png

QSTvV96.png
    Post edited by SerraNolwen on
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    LOT COST: ? (already owned by the sim)
    @SerraNolwen --- The lot cost (the cost of the original lot before you built anything) is added to the gallery cost number to get the total cost.
    P.S. When i bulldozed the pool on that lot, the lot cost with an empty lot was §3,000
    So:
    LOT COST: 3 000 simoleons
    GALLERY COST: 246 616 simoleons
    TOTAL COST: 249 616 simoleons

I really like your build, by the way! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

@coolsim9999999 Thank you for the information! I've updated my post. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to find that information, as I usually bulldoze and build right away from the loaded lot. And I'm glad you like it!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Hi @BuildnShare i have been unable to add to my slideshow in imgur for two days with two browsers

Edit: I will try img box and see how it goes.

Is it just the main page that's not loading? I've had that happen. Usually if I start typing my name in the address bar it lets me jump right to my Images page. Have you tried singing out and in?
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2023
    Is it just the main page that's not loading? I've had that happen. Usually if I start typing my name in the address bar it lets me jump right to my Images page. Have you tried singing out and in?
    Hi @SimTresa i did logout and back in and then logged in from another browser. I will need to work on it again as img box is proving cumbersome.

@coolsim9999999 not yet
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
    edited March 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID:jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: Established,
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Old Penelope
    NEW LOT LINK:https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1F29AA7BCD8711ED8332C73E283683F6?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bns171&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3500
    GALLERY COST:234082
    TOTAL COST: 237582
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: part 1 https://imgur.com/a/ZXJJPqL part 2 https://imgbox.com/g/BKVnWKnTE7
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. Rentaria is helping gentrify the Plaza in Strangerville. I built four boxy homes with front porches so they would look believable as infill in Strangerville. The houses have an open living space and three bedrooms upstairs each.

Mr.Rentaria found a cross-section of Sims one might expect to find in Strangerville to occupy his homes. A local married to a military Sim and their baby, a covert agent, a couple of conspiracy theorists, and a scientist with his science baby and his pet rat. The interiors of the homes are decorated to tell the stories of these Sims.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: art by Aljay2000 and MeekaDeminore, thank you for your art
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    XlTZL7u.png
  • ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: ForeverTuesday
    ORIGIN ID: Mikaela1237
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Warehouse Fourplex
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D63E60C8D02D11ED899491CD403CF988
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: 249,825
    TOTAL COST: 249,825
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/g2oSk24

ENTRY DETAILS: When Mr. Renteria showed me the lot and explained what he wanted, he was thinking we'd tear down the old warehouse that had been sitting abandoned on the lot for years. After taking a look around, I showed Mr. Renteria my plan and he loved it! I was hoping that using the old structure would save us some money, but between the window and door replacements, plus adding skylights and various repairs, it didn't end up being any cheaper. Mr. Renteria's idea of keeping them all in the same style definitely made things cheaper though! I was able to buy furniture, flooring, and even wall coverings at a bulk discount! All of the units share very similar floor plans, with the front two and back two each being a mirrored pair. Since I wanted the families to be able to do their own decorating, I left them plenty of space to do so and even hung blank picture frames that they can fill with artwork or photos. The only exception to this is the kids bedrooms, which are decorated as requested by the families.

Notes from the builder: I live in a townhouse that's quite similar to the brief, so my initial plan was to base my build on where I live (just with 4 units instead of 30-something). I got to work on that, but it just wouldn't come together. The exterior was weird and boxy, the roof looked off no matter what I did, and I couldn't figure out a sensible floor plan. So I decided to try starting over with something totally different. I got the idea for a converted old warehouse/factory and I'm really happy with how it came together! The only disappointing thing is that I couldn't find a lot matching what I wanted. The one I settled on at least has the right vibe, even though the area directly surrounding it doesn't fit as well. I have a picture and explanation of what I was looking for in my slideshow.

This was a really fun challenge for me once I got a build I was happy with. I intentionally avoided adding clutter and decorations since the families haven't moved in yet. This was definitely a challenge where I played with color a lot, especially since I limited my wall and floor swatches to keep continuity between the units. I gave each unit a distinct color scheme. I also tried to use most of the furniture pieces and rugs in multiple units, and I kept my selection especially limited in the downstairs open areas so that those match in every unit.

Yttuf8j.png
    5b1xgMU.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @starlitreader
    Post edited by ForeverTuesday on
    edited April 2023
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

Whoops, I went a little over the deadline on this one! No worries if it's too late to be judged.

NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4E67C030D04411ED8FA7ABE2FB754142
    GALLERY COST: 14,877
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/AlGJxU8

ENTRY DETAILS: Just a nice cozy great room for a family with living, dining, and a kitchen, plus a bonus front door and entryway!

dCxY8VZ.png

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Whoops, I went a little over the deadline on this one! No worries if it's too late to be judged.

NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4E67C030D04411ED8FA7ABE2FB754142
    GALLERY COST: 14,877
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/AlGJxU8

ENTRY DETAILS: Just a nice cozy great room for a family with living, dining, and a kitchen, plus a bonus front door and entryway!

dCxY8VZ.png

I'll allow it, since you were only a little late and I'm late closing the challenge. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    BNS #171 Four Square is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2023
    Jo2WEwv.jpg

It’s time for another Spring Designer Showdown! Once again, we’ll be getting creative with colors! Not just bright spring colors, but they should definitely be featured. This time, you’ll download the lot below, which contains 12 “Easter Eggs”. Each egg contains eight objects all of which have a color in common. You must pick one of the eggs, then build a small house using all of the items inside it. You cannot change the color. No peeking inside before choosing your egg. The exterior colors do not necessarily reflect the colors o f the objects inside. Yes, the flooring should be featured in at least one of your rooms. You don’t have to use your egg or the exterior color unless you want to.
    8h4SvYg.png
    The lot with eggs can be found on the gallery under Spring23 Designer Showdown, #bns172, #spring23, and #spirngdesignershowdown23

The brief:
    Budget: None
    Lot size: 30x20 (Avarice Acres was only used because it was big enough for all the eggs)
    The house must have a minimum of two bedrooms, one of which should be a nursery, as well as a living room, dining room, kitchen, and bathroom.
    Landscaping should include pastel flowers.

The Sim Challenge; None this time.
    The Room Challenge: None this time.

Remember to include the #hashtag #bsn172 or your entry will not be judged. Due: Sunday, April 30th, Midnighit Eastern Time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Jo2WEwv.jpg

It’s time for another Spring Designer Showdown! Once again, we’ll be getting creative with colors! Not just bright spring colors, but they should definitely be featured. This time, you’ll download the lot below, which contains 12 “Easter Eggs”. Each egg contains eight objects all of which have a color in common. You must pick one of the eggs, then build a small house using all of the items inside it. You cannot change the color. No peeking inside before choosing your egg. The exterior colors do not necessarily reflect the colors o f the objects inside. Yes, the flooring should be featured in at least one of your rooms. You don’t have to use your egg or the exterior color unless you want to.
    8h4SvYg.png
    The lot with eggs can be found on the gallery under Spring23 Designer Showdown, #bns172, #spring23, and #spirngdesignershowdown23

The brief:
    Lot size: 30x20 (Avarice Acres was only used because it was big enough for all the eggs)
    The house must have a minimum of two bedrooms, one of which should be a nursery, as well as a living room, dining room, kitchen, and bathroom.

Remember to include the #hashtag #bsn172 or your entry will not be judged. Due: Sunday, April 30th, Midnighit Eastern Time.

I cannot find it in the gallery to download to my game
    Jo2WEwv.jpg

8h4SvYg.png

The brief:

I cannot find it in the gallery to download to my game

Sorry about that. Helps if I actually remember to upload it first! :grin: Try again, it should be there now.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    This looks interesting. I'll go ahead and pick the bottom red egg. We shall see what I manage to do in the next month.
    I will take the pink, third down on the left but I would so like to peek first. I will play fair.
    Two questions:
    1. Just to confirm, there’s no budget for this challenge?
    2. Would it be possible to know which packs are contained within each egg? When a player downloads a build that has items from a pack they don’t own, the game tries to replace the items with base game items. Since we don’t know which items are inside the eggs to start, I won’t have any way to know which items (if any) have been replaced, so I’d like to pick an egg that only has items from packs I own.
    edited April 2023
    Two questions:
    1. Just to confirm, there’s no budget for this challenge?
    2. Would it be possible to know which packs are contained within each egg? When a player downloads a build that has items from a pack they don’t own, the game tries to replace the items with base game items. Since we don’t know which items are inside the eggs to start, I won’t have any way to know which items (if any) have been replaced, so I’d like to pick an egg that only has items from packs I own.

1. That's right. Since the objects are a mix of values, it seemed more fair to not have a budget.
    2. All objects are base game only to avoid just that situation. :) Well, most of the roofing isn't bg, but it's not important, just for fun.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    1. That's right. Since the objects are a mix of values, it seemed more fair to not have a budget.
    2. All objects are base game only to avoid just that situation. :) Well, most of the roofing isn't bg, but it's not important, just for fun.

Thank you for clarifying and keeping everything base game. I'm really excited about this challenge, it's so fun and unique! I'm going to go with the orange egg (middle of the second to bottom row), hopefully I'll get some really fun items!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Fun challenge!

I'll take the middle blue egg.

Crossing fingers! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    This is interesting. I'll take the black egg (the one below the yellow egg).
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• az314az314 Posts: 15 Member
    I guess declaring what egg is a thing
    So bottom row red egg
    @BuildnShare Are all of the eggs supposed to contain exactly eight items (as stated in the brief)? I can only find five in mine (orange roof). I opened up the rest just to check numbers and most seem to have exactly eight, but I did also find one with seven items and another with nine (light and dark brown interiors).

Thank you for clarifying and keeping everything base game. I'm really excited about this challenge, it's so fun and unique! I'm going to go with the orange egg (middle of the second to bottom row), hopefully I'll get some really fun items!

You're welcome.
    @BuildnShare Are all of the eggs supposed to contain exactly eight items (as stated in the brief)? I can only find five in mine (orange roof). I opened up the rest just to check numbers and most seem to have exactly eight, but I did also find one with seven items and another with nine (light and dark brown interiors).

That was the intention. But it's easy to lose track of how many actually went in each egg. Probably that 9th item was meant to go in the adjacent egg and got dropped by accident. If you'd like, you can pick 3 missing orange items to fill out your egg. They were picked by clicking on each room filter and selecting from the options for those rooms.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2023
    That was the intention. But it's easy to lose track of how many actually went in each egg. Probably that 9th item was meant to go in the adjacent egg and got dropped by accident. If you'd like, you can pick 3 missing orange items to fill out your egg. They were picked by clicking on each room filter and selecting from the options for those rooms.

Sounds good, I'll do that! I think I'll try using a random number generator for picking items within each remaining room filter just to keep things interesting.
    Post edited by ForeverTuesday on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top