Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    Hello I was wondering if there is a lot size we are meant to use? Or did I miss that somewhere in the brief?

Unless specified in the brief, you can use whatever lot size you want as long as you have enough space for all requirements.

Ok that's what I thought I just wanted to make sure before i picked a lot haha! Thank You :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Hello I was wondering if there is a lot size we are meant to use? Or did I miss that somewhere in the brief?

Unless specified in the brief, you can use whatever lot size you want as long as you have enough space for all requirements.

Ok that's what I thought I just wanted to make sure before i picked a lot haha! Thank You :)

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #169 - Winter Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #162 - Safe Haven

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #161 - Blast from the Past

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #161 - Blast from the Past

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #160 - Spring Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2023
    Forbidden Love Nest

CHALLENGE #170 - Forbidden Love
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rock Ridge Canyon in Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: Forbidden Love Nest
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $120,275
    TOTAL COST: $123,275
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/tfxL5Ru
    ENTRY DETAILS:Sandalio Villalobos and Selene Moon needed a home away from their families who don't approve of a werewolf and a vampire loving each other. So they've run off to a quiet place in the woods . Sandalio loves all the finer things so this home has a maximalist vibe with hot springs, bbq, party tables, wolf den and a basement that only a vampire and werewolf could love. They wantchildren so there's a child and a teen room as well.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM yes, please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

YUO4Nzi.png

Wp6prG9.png

Top pictures:
    Basement

04c2Yf0.png

First floor

A1NQyn7.png

Second floor

jnM9n6F.png

Roof

XFB2fwQ.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    CHALLENGE #170 -Forbidden Love
    FORUM ID: Felicia_Queens
    ORIGIN ID: Felicat82
    LEVEL: (Starting out, Established, Expert, or Master. If this is your first entry leave blank and the judges will decide where to put you.}
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Avarice Acres in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Link
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST: $107,696
    TOTAL COST: $110,696
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: The home opens into a spacious living room with plenty of room for gathering. Off the main living area is a den especially for a werewolf with stunning views of the local landscape. Just across the hall from the living room you'll find a formal dining room leading to a tidy kitchen. Next to the kitchen, a utility room provides laundry amenities. Across from there, you'll find a cozy guest room and bath. A nursery awaiting either a tiny wolf or a little bat is already prepared for a new arrival. Luxury awaits in a generous master suite, perfect for alone time. Downstairs, the basement contains a cell for full moon nights as well as a stock of frogs for plasma. There is also a writing desk for telling their unique tale.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    rbDiFBE.png
    ur8PEYr.png
    Facebook: (optional, makes it easier to tag you.)
    Twitter: @MeowAtFelicat
  • az314az314 Posts: 15 Member
    FORUM ID: az314
    ORIGIN ID:Azel314
    LEVEL: first entry
    [b[2 Olde Mill Lane:[/b]
    NEW LOT LINK: Aeternus Grove h ttps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/03B751E2B6E811ED854191CD403CF988
    LOT COST:$5889 (I think? First time doing anything like this, it was the blank lots value)
    GALLERY COST:$79,481
    TOTAL COST: $85370
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/FMVw8A4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Aeternus Grove (I image Selene named their new home) is an adorable, compact house that give them plenty of private outdoor space. Its most loved spaces are their exercise room, Selene's kitchen and Sandalio's den (he refuses to call it a sunroom)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  • az314az314 Posts: 15 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Az314
    HOUSEHOLD: Forbidden Love w ww.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BA4B54AEB60D11ED8B91B60DC017736A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/9yvuNAy
    ENTRY DETAILS: Selene Moon and Sandalio Villalobos are engaged and ready to move into the house of their dreams! Sandalio is a quiet introvert, he is quick to anger and impatient with strangers. He prefers to spend his time outdoorswith his love. Selene might be allergic to the sun, but that doesn't mean she needs to be allergic to color! She loves PINK and all bright colors! A romantic at heart, she loves to spend time with Saldalio outside every night
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Very nice @az314
    Here are your links:

az314

FORUM ID: az314
    [b[2 Olde Mill Lane:[/b]
    NEW LOT LINK: Aeternus Grove https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/03B751E2B6E811ED854191CD403CF988
    LOT COST:$5889 (I think? First time doing anything like this, it was the blank lots value)
    GALLERY COST:$79,481
    TOTAL COST: $85370
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/FMVw8A4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Aeternus Grove (I image Selene named their new home) is an adorable, compact house that give them plenty of private outdoor space. Its most loved spaces are their exercise room, Selene's kitchen and Sandalio's den (he refuses to call it a sunroom)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:

az314

SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Az314
    HOUSEHOLD: Forbidden Love www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BA4B54AEB60D11ED8B91B60DC017736A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9yvuNAy
    ENTRY DETAILS: Selene Moon and Sandalio Villalobos are engaged and ready to move into the house of their dreams! Sandalio is a quiet introvert, he is quick to anger and impatient with strangers. He prefers to spend his time outdoorswith his love. Selene might be allergic to the sun, but that doesn't mean she needs to be allergic to color! She loves PINK and all bright colors! A romantic at heart, she loves to spend time with Saldalio outside every night
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: PinkusFamily
    ORIGIN ID:PinkusFamily
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rustic Residence
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery
    LOT COST: $ 2,000
    GALLERY COST: $ 122,505
    TOTAL COST: $ 124,505
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: In Windenburg far from Forgotten Hollow & Moonwood Mill. Down its own long tree lined private drive. This Residence was created for Star crossed lovers- He is a Werewolf, she a Vampire. 4 bedrooms 4 baths. Rustic ( But Not Shabby) decor fits each individual Occult. Basement for Him on a Rampage, For her Vampiric sleep.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:Art by SimSationalToo & Juwels64, with great Thanks from the Gallery.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

329936143_2086609451532589_3995238517857877391_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=Ob8MA6aWZBoAX-wuWur&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AfAMHD-KqIfBYKHEOI-83RIMgb-WZG6AzERwLPiMbmVyNA&oe=64036C01

330028172_512839620957767_7146795099004038625_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=TVtGlTx1gkQAX8cE2t1&tn=fa_e5kvMLIthKoLa&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AfCa9P29G7rFuv7klTTnW3_tOn0EtikcHD_Od3_xi1ENaw&oe=6403CC97

edited March 2023
    BNS #170 Forbidden Love is now closed!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    sxz2bRn.jpg

“Hello,” your latest client says, smoothing his neatly pressed business suit. “I”m Thomas Renteria of Community Living. I just bought up a new lot and I’d like you to design and build the houses I have in mind for it,”
    You like that he gets right to the point, but one word catches your attention. “Houses? Plural?”
    “Yes. Building one house on a large lot is so inefficient when there are so many homeless sims out there, don’t you think?” Mr. Renteria asks.
    “Yes, I suppose so. Are we talking about apartment buildings then?”
    “Oh, no, just a fourplex - four attached homes, each with their own separate entrance, driveway, and yards.”
    You listen closely, taking notes. “Do you have a particular style in mind?”
    “No, I’m leaving that up to you. Each unit will have an open floor plan with a combined kitchen, living and dining room and 3 bedrooms upstairs.”
    “And should all units be identical?” you ask.
    Mr. Renteria shakes his head. “I would prefer that each be individual, though with some common design and layout elements. Same style, different colors. Maybe one has two couches while another has a sectional sofa, for example.”
    “I understand. It will be tight, but I think we can finish this project on time,” you say.
    Mr. Renteria smiles, relaxing. “Good. I already have buyers lined up for the first four units.”

The brief:
    The budget: $250,000 (Mr. Renteria owns the lot, so lot cost is not included.)
    Lot size: 40x30 or larger.
    Build a fourplex. Units can be arranged anyway you like - all in a line, two pairs facing opposite directions, or four separate units spread across the lot.
    Each must have a separate entrance, driveway, and yard.
    Each unit needs an open floor plan living space.
    Include three bedrooms and at least one bath.
    Landscape.

The Sim Challenge:
    Create a family to live in one of the four units you’ve built for them. You can pick their traits, aspirations, likes, dislikes, etc. Show all of their outfits. Show them enjoying their new home.

The room challenge: Build the great room of one of the four units. Budget: 15,000

Remember to include the hashtag #bns171 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Friday, March 31st, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #169 - Winter Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2023
    CHALLENGE #171 -Four Square
    FORUM ID: zucchinionpizza
    ORIGIN ID: zucchinionpizza
    LEVEL: 2nd entry but my 1st entry (summer designer showdown) has not been judged yet so I don't know my level
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rippling flats in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Victorian Townhouses
    LOT COST: $3,000 (Mr. Renteria owns the lot, so lot cost is not included)
    GALLERY COST: $249,401
    TOTAL COST: $252,401 (Mr. Renteria owns the lot, so lot cost is not included)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/B41Dz2c
    ENTRY DETAILS: Four houses ready for four different families. If you and your family are *cough* more active at night and likes to drink a certain red liquid, the brown house is highly recommended for you.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OZsZKif.png
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited May 2023
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rock Ridge Canyon in Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: Sophisticated Townhomes
    LOT COST: NA
    GALLERY COST: $249,518
    TOTAL COST: $249,518
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: 1-3 townhomes: https://imgur.com/gallery/lmhNsje 4th townhome: https://imgur.com/gallery/f53lNYK
    ENTRY DETAILS: This 4 plex is for either families or friends or it can be used as a dorm. Sleek, contemporary interiors make for posh living spaces. There's a yard for each home but also a common area with spa, grill and lounge area plus playground for children.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

81ZrSGL.png

9kT2A7u.png

Top pics:
    5sM20tz.png

level 1

rZ11AJa.png

level 2

NTQ4FKr.png

level 3
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member

FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vacuous Green, in Del Sol Valley
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery
    LOT COST: N/A Lot is Purchased by Client
    GALLERY COST: $ 245,770
    TOTAL COST: $ 245,770
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: Our fourplex - four attached homes, each with their own separate entrance, driveway, and yard. Is located in Del Sol Valley on a 50 x 40 lot called Vacuous Green. ( This was the perfect lot ( for me ) because of the driveways built into the sidewalk. outside of the lots boundaries ) Each unit has an open floor plan with a combined kitchen, living and dining room on the main floor and 3 bedrooms upstairs. The 2 end units have an extra Family room on the main floor & an ensuite bathroom in the Master Bedroom. Along with a separate washer & dryer. The 2 middle units have 1 half bath downstairs and 1 full bath upstairs. The 2 middle units have mirrored floor plans. As do the 2 end units- give & take some footage for the Kitchen & family room. I had fun with this Challenge- It was a-lot. I usually like clutter - I had to hold myself back . I feel this one built itself. I started it and it took off.. Thank you - I was not going to approach this one. But I did and am glad- It was Fun..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by ThePlumBobSims with Thanks from the gallery.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Front

337047661_3439352972971221_4286763460709081402_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=C2HyRii073EAX9TeI8i&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AfAI185X-0T4Dinv_ch8PH4Cxrxf7VGKHPN3ZVgYOMfOTw&oe=641F25C2

Back

337002662_934002560952671_2806920259573722302_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=fY_EAVb-zo4AX8PO8Qd&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AfCtDhk_G7YqVpfD8-Kr8IngFRr0AhWogFqIUcLDZnXNog&oe=641E812B

• SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    So... I'm pretty sure I went overboard when making my townhouses and now I'm worried I have a lot of space to fill. I still have to play around with the layout inside, but I just want to check something beforehand. When you say 3 bedrooms, I'm trying to figure out how flexible this could be. Do you mean at least 3 bedrooms, just like the bathrooms, or exactly three? Could it be two bedrooms and one room that's being used as an office or some such? Could it be 3 bedrooms and some extra other rooms?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited March 2023
    So... I'm pretty sure I went overboard when making my townhouses and now I'm worried I have a lot of space to fill. I still have to play around with the layout inside, but I just want to check something beforehand. When you say 3 bedrooms, I'm trying to figure out how flexible this could be. Do you mean at least 3 bedrooms, just like the bathrooms, or exactly three? Could it be two bedrooms and one room that's being used as an office or some such? Could it be 3 bedrooms and some extra other rooms?

Yes, having one be an office is fine. Or even a playroom or exercise room. And if your budget will cover extra rooms, thats fine too.
    image.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #170 - Forbidden Love

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hi @BuildnShare i have been unable to add to my slideshow in imgur for two days with two browsers

Edit: I will try img box and see how it goes.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS171 - Four Square
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    ROOM: Foote Great Room
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1D811F31BEE511ED8CEDABE2FB754142?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §14,995
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/vW1575R
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    After the Arts Center in San Myshuno burned to the ground, Thomas Renteria bought the lot to build a new four plex to house four homeless Sim families. The Foote family is one of the four families who would like to purchase one of the lot's homes. This is the fish-loving Foot family's great room. The walk to the Spice District to fish at the pier and cook many creative fish dishes.The two children love fishing too!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NdJp3Xs.png
    showing most of the room
    v0XSJty.png
    bird's eye view of the room
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2023
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #171 - Four Square
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    HOUSEHOLD: Got My Foote in the Door
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DF334186BFB611ED8953C73E283683F6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/PzWBVhk
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Backstory:
    The Foote family is quite an eclectic bunch, although, they do share some traits and all four love the colors, red, white and blue, like to fish and dislike spooky music. The mother is ambitious and creative, but clumsy, the father is a bro, but creative and a perfectionist, while their daughter is a creative music-lover and their son is a creative perfectionist (who just lost his two front teeth, and Mother and daughter like to bowl.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    8hBaGcR.png
    everyday outfits --- parents and daughter
    92QDlxy.png
    cold weather outfits
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji