Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @trashdocka - Wow! This so great looking! Wonderful build!
    @kilra0 - what a very unique build. I absolutely love it! It almost looks like pyramids. Very well designed.
    @linday - this is such a complete complex...and very secretive, too. Great build!
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space -

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: GALLERY LINK 'MARSupium'

LOT COST: §2.500
    LOT NAME: Deadgrass Discoveries
    BUILD COST: §497.495
    TOTAL COST: §499.995

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: SLIDESHOW 'MARSupium'

ENTRY DETAILS:

MARSupium is the name of this Mars habitat. It is a fully contained and self-sufficient living space, where our astronauts won't just work, but really live happy lives. Everything has been aimed at providing as much comfort you would find in your own home. Ofcourse there is a lot of technical stuff that goes into making a place habitable on an inhospitable planet like Mars, so all life-support systems have been incorporated as well. Still, the main focus has been to build a space the astronauts would really feel at home in, with lots of greenery, flowing hallways, stunning views spanning all 3 floors and most of all, that homey feel only color, fabrics and textures can provide. I've decorated the living spaces quite vibrantly for this reason. I hope you will like the tour in the slideshow!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sZdj5Nw.png
    AnrLlKr.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Wow, wow, wow these builds are awesome. <3<3<3<3 I have never been a sci-fi fan, so my interpretation is nowhere as accurate as y'all. Well done and good luck to the judges, you are going to need it. :)
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space
    FORUM ID:VagueNightmare
    ORIGIN ID:FailureCloud
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A5F74DF763C811E8849C11D77608EF1A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FailureCloud&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/f5Sj2Hy
    ENTRY DETAILS: *Puts on best 60's announcer voice again* Meet the Space Cadets, this rag tag team has been thrust into the bleak barren wasteland that is mars, but fear not! Though this group may be odd each cadet has their own set of skills and as a team the will conquer the alien planet known as Mars!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/FailureCloud
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A

Pictures:
    Space Cadet Leader:
    Nd86eG9.png

Group Photo:
    x43rD7C.png
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LOT: Space Base
    LOT COST: 2500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent, Newcrest
    BUILD COST:306008
    TOTAL COST: 308508
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/LhTt83Y
    ENTRY DETAILS: There are some notes in the slide show...
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    TWITTER TAG:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: jR53wu7.png0f04avg.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
    Woot! More excellent entries!
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: 'Things To Come' https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D4CA1A33645511E8866053122EDD2A5B?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=things to come&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2000
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat in Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST:$420,063
    TOTAL COST: $422,063
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DsGFZRz
    ENTRY DETAILS: The name 'Things To Come' is taken from a 1930's sci-fi movie. This name will tell your Sims of what life will be like living on other worlds.
    The structure is modular based on 3 inter connecting pods of various sizes. They are designed as pods as this will be much easier transporting through space and they can safely touch down on the surface of the planet with minimum assembly or construction required. The first pod is the smallest and is the entrance for your intrepid Sims. There are lockers provided to hang space suits, helmets and rocket boots. A sink and hand sanitizer are provided to aid the decontamination process.

Entering the second larger pod I changed the style to be more industrial. Lots of metal is used , the lighting is darker and lots of pipes and machines are seen. I have also included lots of CCTV cameras through out primarily for the safety of the astronauts in case there is a breach of security and something else comes on board....I have also included fire extinguishers throughout and sprinkler systems are installed. The second pod has direct view down into the basement living areas for the crew as seen in the photos. There is also a door leading to the water processing tower. (Water is obtained through the various rock formations on the planet).

Going into the 3rd and largest pod you enter a laboratory and the same dark colour scheme continues. I included an enlarged specimen jar and my phots show a Sim/Alien hybrid clone growing within- nothing can go wrong right? There are 2 sets of stairs in the lab. Going up leads to the self contained medical bay- it can be easily quarantined in the event of an emergency. Here I went for a clinical look and feel and chose a harsh white colour scheme. Stairs going down lead into the living quarters for the crew.

The living quarter contains a gym area, a self contained greenhouse , a crew social room sleeping and toilet/shower quarters and a kitchen. I included 2 bedrooms each holding 3 beds. There is a communal shower room and 3 separate toilet facilities. The décor in all of the living quarter is minimal and practical. The only real colours come through in the living room area and a splash in each of the bedrooms. Colour also is found in the centre of the room in the collection of alien plant life and crystals.

The exterior of the pod units is clad in metal sheets, the roof of the largest pod is a golden colour to harvest the suns rays to power the facility and there are lots of air vents and units used throughout.

Really I have enjoyed this challenge as it was completely alien to me :wink: All the entries are out of this world :wink::wink: good luck to everyone taking part!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please especially as this is my first entry at Expert.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/glen_mcnally

SPACE FOR PICTURES: mSP9iF9.png?15CT4pIO.png?1
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: Mars Survival Station
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: §277,829
    TOTAL COST: §279,329
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Mars Survival Station
    ENTRY DETAILS: Well, I'm not really in love with this build, I'm not too good at this ... style I guess lol. But it is mostly fully functional, and very facility like. I hope you enjoy the pics. I wasn't going to enter, but I built it :shrug: so why not. It was a very fun build though, and I love seeing everyone elses creativity - some just blow me away!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yeah, sure :)
    TWITTER TAG: FidgetyAtom
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DeepYNNW4Ao8_-z.jpg
    Post edited by FidgetyAtom on
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    @FidgetyAtom - glad you entered - this is a wonderful build!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    This is a really neat challenge I loved seeing all the entries so far
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #95: We Need Some Space
    FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT: Link to the Gallery
    LOT COST:2,500 §
    LOT NAME: Windenburg – Harbour Quarter Gym Lot
    BUILD COST:497,338 §
    TOTAL COST: 499,838 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to pics on imgur

ENTRY DETAILS:

We Need Some Space
    Build a Mars Habitat Simulation for astronauts and scientists. I decided to make it a Simulation Dome – for testing the layout of the habitat and making sure that the atmospheric technical stuff would sustain the inhabitants, when placed on Mars.
    Layout: The dome itself takes up the entire space of the lot. Three stories high, covered all in glass. Inside the dome there are 6 mission crew barracks, one for each crew member. Each crew member has their own area of expertise, and these are reflected in the sleeping quarters. Technically, all sleeping quarters are furnished exactly the same (space military SSA style), but with different bits and bobs connected to the traits, careers and hobbies of the Sim living there.
    The barracks are all above ground. Underground, you’ll find the common areas, such as a common room, mess hall, toilettes etc., as well as the science labs and other rooms related to the area of expertise of the Sims.
    The sleeping quarters are wisely placed. Via the stairs placed in their sleeping quarter, a Sim can go directly underground and will immediately find themselves next to the area that meets the needs or holds the equipment suited for that particular Sim’s traits or expertise. For instance, the doctor’s sleeping quarter is placed directly above the medical bay.
    The underground level is divided into four main areas, almost like three rings surrounding a core. The outermost ring area is the utilities ring, where all life support/atmospheric/tech stuff is located. Next ring contains the labs and work space for carrying out scientific analysis and tactical, medical, and physical tasks. Then there’s a hallway connecting all the work spaces with the core. The core is the main living area, and includes mess hall and common room, fully equipped with leisure, activities and entertainment items.

SSA Mars Habitat Mission Crew
    SSA Captain: Jock Nebula
    SSA Chief Medical Officer: Doctor Xeno
    SSA ITEM Officer: Wizz Drive
    SSA Culinary Officer: Cookie Doe
    Lead Scientist: Dr. Petri Deesh
    Scientist: Botanic PhD Student Iris Bloom

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC

0zpZCdN.png
    vl12YDD.png

• Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    FORUM ID: cebu2cool
    ORIGIN ID: Elderjymm
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4EAFEF92647711E882E859B32C46482C?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=elderjymm&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tTnlWdE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Wasn't sure if I was going to do this part, but in case any one wanted my crew, well here they are!
    The crew -Historian Constance Wrotek -Botanist Audrey Greenburg -Tech Guru Jymm Elder -Pilot Lee Donaldson -Doctor Clint Iverson -Leader Major Hailee Lunsford
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: of course. I know this entery was last moment and a bit rushed.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    TWITTER TAG: JimTracy4
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: YES these are two pictures that are two other pictures edited together :wink: P
    Pvx8UuZ.jpg
    Zj1Qto7.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Looks like I won't have time to get my slideshows done, so, good luck to everyone else!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    That's right folks, #BnS95 - We Need Some Space is now officially closed.

We have all been incredibly impressed with all the amazing creativity on show, one thing's for sure you are making life harder and harder for us poor judges!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

LJFHw68.png

From toe to tip, she was the very image of the perfect lady from the 1800’s. Her high-waisted dress in cream silk with a red velvet pelisse, lace gloves, and topped with a brown velvet bonnet with feathers and ribbons so wonderfully framing her older, but still very lovely face.

She gracefully offers her hand and gives a small curtsey. “How do you do?”

“I’m- well. Thank you,” you say, feeling so utterly graceless and crude in your manners by comparison.

“I am glad to hear it,” she says, either not caring or not noticing your awkwardness.

“Please, have a seat. Um, would you like some tea?” It seems the only appropriate thing to offer, really.

“No, thank you,” she says as she sinks into the chair with a grace you only wish you had.

You take your seat and pick up your pencil, ready to take notes.

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jane Moore; I am the president of the local chapter of the Jane Austen Society.”

You’ve seen some of the movies based on her books, it’s how you knew the time frame of her clothing. “Oh, I love her stories,” you say, not quite admitting you’ve never actually read the books. “How can I help?”

“Well, I have recently come into a small fortune,” she says, though you suspect by ‘small’ she is being purposefully modest. “And wish to have a house built based on our beloved authoress's time. My very own Pemberly, if you will.”

“That is quite a large house if I remember correctly?”

“Indeed, though it is not the size I am after, but the elegance. I wish for a house that will exude the Regency, where I can entertain, keep guests, and host teas.”

That still sounds quite large to you, but you write down what she says. You’ll discuss finer details later.

“I also wish for an extensive garden, both flowers and vegetables. My gardener will tend them, and my cook will need to have the fresh produce easily accessible.”

“I see. Will you, um…” you wonder how to gracefully put this. “Will they need bedrooms?”

“Good heavens, no. I will only employ one live-in staff member, my nurse. The others will simply work for me. People have their own places these days,” she says as if that should have been perfectly obvious. And perhaps it would have been under other circumstances.

“Tell me a bit more about what you’d like in your house,” you say, wanting to change the subject.

“It will need all the basic rooms; a large central hall with the staircase, a parlour, sitting room, drawing room, dining room, library and study, and I need six bedrooms, plus appropriate bathing and toilet facilities. I have a grand piano, so will need space to put it.”

As you write you notice one rather important thing seems to be missing. “And a kitchen?” you prompt.

“Oh, that’s all down below the house. I trust you, as the architect, to fill in the appropriate spaces there.”

“Of course, I will ensure nothing is overlooked.”

“One last thing. My favorite color is red, which I want to be reflected in the decor, but I don’t want it to be overwhelming, make judicious use of it.”

vPz5U5r.png
    • Create a Regency-era house, at least three floors in height.
    • The basement should hold the kitchen
    • The main floor(s) should have all formal, separate spaces and include a large hall with staircase, a parlor, a sitting room, a drawing room with space for a grand piano (you do not need to place it if you don’t have one, just allow space for one), a dining room, a library with study, and at least one toilet room.
    • The upper floor(s) should hold 6 bedrooms plus bathrooms and toilet rooms.
    • There should be a kitchen garden and flower gardens included in the landscaping.
    • Limited use of modern-looking items.
    • Include red in the decor.

BUDGET: §500,000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

SIM CHALLENGE:Create Jane Moore and her live-in nurse, as well as an employed staff of a cook, gardener, and housekeeper.

ROOM CHALLENGE: Create Jane's master bedroom, you have a budget of §20,000.
    3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS96 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is 13th June 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    5ZgkRIL.png
    Dm5g7dk.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @SimsIslandheart - we're sad you didn't manage to get your build in :cry:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BuildnShare I don't see a specific lot size in the brief. Is there one?
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I dont quite understand, the basement should hold the kitchen? You mean theres hould be a basement underneath the kitchen?
    I dont quite understand, the basement should hold the kitchen? You mean theres hould be a basement underneath the kitchen?

During the Regency Era you had servants, so the kitchen was in the basement or a separate building and the servants carried the meals to the dining room and served you. The homeowner seldom ventured into the kitchen.
    edited May 2018
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I don't see a specific lot size in the brief. Is there one?
    @gmcrozier - any size you want, we haven't specified.

@gmcrozier is correct, the kitchen should be in the basement.

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2018
    guess I'll be the first entrant :open_mouth:

ROOM ENTRY FORM[
    CHALLENGE #96 A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    ROOM: LadyBug Master Bedroom
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pics Here!
    ENTRY DETAILS: I'm in the same boat with Ms. Moore here, I really do like red. When I decorated her room, I kept thinking she needed something else - something purely her then I insisted that she begin to love ladybugs lol!! So there's a lot in her room - how many can you find?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: FidgetyAtom
    SPACE FOR PICTURE:
    DeiMvKCW4AErzNX.jpg
    Post edited by FidgetyAtom on
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    @FidgetyAtom - Wowzers! You are fast! Woot! Nice room!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @FidgetyAtom - Wowzers! You are fast! Woot! Nice room!

LOL Yeah, I had a few hours to kill xD. I Love doing rooms tbh, I don't know why I don't enter those more often.
    Thank you for your kind comment <3

but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    @BuildnShare that budget really seems lean. Any chance you can multiply it by 3?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited June 2018
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    @BuildnShare that budget really seems lean. Any chance you can multiply it by 3?

Agreed. I keep scaling back what I want to do in an effort not to go over. And I've only got the kitchen, part of the first floor, and the outline of the second floor done so far.
    Also, does that three floors include the basement? Or is it meant ot be 3 floors above ground plus the basement?
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top