Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @BuildnShare is it possible to have a post linking everyone's entries please ( on page 1)
    as searching this large thread for everyone's entries is quiet a job!

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #:20
    FORUM ID: Zita1966z
    ORIGIN ID: Zita1966
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT NAME: BROKEN HEARTS ORPHANAGE
    LOT COST: $10,000
    BUILD COST: $548,280
    TOTAL COST: $558,280
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://youtu.be/_R3R1c6ic_A
    LINK TO GALLERY:http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B58BE0D60C7911E5874BB0D859B2D240

ENTRY DETAILS:

My orphanage is symbolic: The dark lines represent the sadness all orphans endured in their lives and the color (especially inside) represent the chance at happiness and a new life. :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always welcome
    USED: moo, all the bb. cheat codes

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

qbwjP9V.png
    xI1urZK.jpg
    tr0qMY6.jpg
    QGYRu0u.jpg
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 20
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1D3523B20C9811E58B256B769642F2F7?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=growing together&max=25
    LOT COST: 10,000
    BUILD COST: On the gallery it says 496, 275 but when I finished building before playtesting I had 439, 647. big discrepancy but I'll just go with the gallery price, It's well under budget so it doesn't really matter!
    TOTAL COST: 506, 275 -
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/slideshow/sims4buildnshare20
    ENTRY DETAILS: A large modern building. I tried to leave plenty of space outside for running about & playing. All the classes etc are on the ground floor, bedrooms & a living room/hangout area are on the first floor and on the second floor is an art & reading area.
    I put a teachers room next to each of the bedrooms so there's always an adult near by at night. I originally intended to put the toddlers into the 2 double bedrooms but I figured small children like company & teens want privacy. I ended up putting the teens in the 2bed rooms & put all the children & infants in dorms together.
    As well as the three classrooms, the school offers gardening, cookery, art, music and science classes.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

• Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @Kaile - Are those CC paintings in Ms. Montpellier's office? They're beautiful! Really like your children's dorm rooms and the gymnasium. I like the use of green throughout the build and your classrooms are great. The cafeteria counter is creative and works really well for the build.
    5sXtTqH.png
    @Zita1966z - Great exterior design. Very clever use of MOO. Love the stacked colored bricks you used. How'd you get them up the walls? I'm still new to MOO.

The girls dorms are great and I love the idea of the assembly room!

5sXtTqH.png
    @folala - Great exterior! I like the courtyard athletic areas also..basketball court is so clever and a great touch! That giant tree you made on the wall is awesome! Also love the open cafeteria area with the 2nd level being able to look out over it.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2015
    jhmhn
    Ash072 wrote: »
    @Kaile - Are those CC paintings in Ms. Montpellier's office? They're beautiful! Really like your children's dorm rooms and the gymnasium. I like the use of green throughout the build and your classrooms are great. The cafeteria counter is creative and works really well for the build.
    they are not cc they are base game classic large paintings I believe & thank you <3

Post edited by Kaile on
    @Ash072
    I read a blog and if you use moo and press alt you can place them anywhere.....if you press 9.....you can make them float :) thats how i was able to make the basketball hoops and bleachers
    Kaile wrote: »
    @Ash072
    I read a blog and if you use moo and press alt you can place them anywhere.....if you press 9.....you can make them float :) thats how i was able to make the basketball hoops and bleachers

Sweet! Thanks! Now I can do so much more! *rubs hands and laughs maniacally* >:)
    5sXtTqH.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @Ash072 press alt while placing will allow free placement, however windows will still snap to grid, but using alt will allow to free place the height. For placing items ctrl + 9 will move them up and ctrl + 0 will move them back down to their original height (with MOO on). Ctrl + } will enlarge items and ctrl + { will shrink objects back down to original size. I hope that helps. :)
    edited June 2015
    @gmcrozier that blog didnt tell me how to move them back down i would always delete and start over... thanks!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare is it possible to have a post linking everyone's entries please ( on page 1)
    as searching this large thread for everyone's entries is quiet a job!
    @Liziann1 - we are working on getting the archive list up, so that you won't have to search through the thread, however, this takes time.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    LITTLE SAINTS ORPHANAGE
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT USED: Affluista Mansion
    BUILD COST: 570,703
    TOTAL COST: 580,703
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Little Saints Orphanage

GALLERY LINK:http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/110B14CA0DFD11E581026B769642F2F7?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=25

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Little Saints Orphanage is an old monastery type of build that inspired me. I built the exterior to have a traditional look and feel and the interior totally modern to accommodate the Little Saints every need.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none, cheats used are MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    06-07-15_8-20nbspPM_zpsfejbs5nu.jpg
    06-07-15_8-42nbspPM-3_zpsngahqscr.jpg
    06-07-15_8-43nbspPM-2_zpsz8mpssns.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    @Issabella14 WOW! That is stunning! I'm in awe of your entry! You've really outdone yourself <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Really beautiful @Issabella14 ! Well done :) love your roofs!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    @Issabella14 amazing
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Ash072 wrote: »
    @folala - Great exterior! I like the courtyard athletic areas also..basketball court is so clever and a great touch! That giant tree you made on the wall is awesome! Also love the open cafeteria area with the 2nd level being able to look out over it.

Thanks so much @Ash072 ! I loved all the garden areas & the rooftop pool of yours. My favourite part is the crèche, its absolutely gorgeous & the citywalk is such a cool idea.

I've tried to avoid looking at any other entries before I had mine finished so I wouldn't start wanting to change everything! I couldn't face a 4th attempt!! but while I'm here..
    @Zita1966z great architecture & really nice idea behind the colours of the build. my fave areas were the dining hall & pool & the sick bay was a great touch.
    @kaile great layout, loved the gym & assembly halls. my fave was the music room- all the paintings there are awesome. are they paint from reference?
    @Nhicks great layout, beautiful landscaping & very homely. the fundraising area is a great idea & the nursery is really gorgeous -its almost making me broody!
    @Liziann1 great entrance, landscaping -especially the space themed play area - that is gorgeous, & bright colour scheme.
    @Issabella14 just Wow! stunning architecture & pretty much stunning everything else too.
    Now to accept the weekends over & go to bed.
    yes paint from reference :) thanks!
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    just finished up! so pump! should be able to post everything by tomorrow
    sMggKkh.png

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Thank you @lisa17ann, @Nhicks, @kaile and @folala for your wonderful comments on "Little Saints Orphanage". This was a big build for all of use. In saying this, @Ash072 - very creative build. Love how everything links to the inner courtyard. <3:)
    @kaile, great orphanage. Love the kitchen and mess hall. Your gym is so original, I love it. <3:)
    @Zita1966z, outstanding build my friend. Architecture and interior design is just very beautiful. Love the colours and the MOO you used on the roof. Your clinic was such a great idea. Mine is more like a sickbay, but great minds think alike. lol <3:)
    @folala, Great architecture and interior design. Love the use of lights, and colours. Just love the basketball court, very original. <3:)
    thanks <3 issabella
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #19 - DOUBLE TAKE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited June 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Wayward Winds Orphanage
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4963F9FA0E5D11E5832B0386E6316ADB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25

BUILD COST: 562,438
    TOTAL COST: 572,438

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/library/Wayward Winds Orphanage?sort=9&amp;page=1

ENTRY DETAILS: Built in a Mediterranean style architecture to blend with the neighborhood. Wayward Winds features 3 faculty studio apartments, a central courtyard where the children can study or play chess and art lessons are also conducted here. An outdoor playground and tennis court provide lots of outdoor activities. An auditorium is used for music lessons, theatrical performances and assemblies for students and staff. The cafeteria features foldable tables that can be folded and moved aside so the space can be used for multiple uses. There is a common room where the children and staff can do research and watch TV. There are 2 nurseries, 1 male, 1 female, in addition to the 2 dorm rooms and 2 teen rooms. There is also a small game room by the bedrooms. The creche area has an arts area and a story time area. The primary classroom has a focus on reading and an introduction to science. The formal classroom focuses on the sciences, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. Miss Montpellier's Office is next to the auditorium and has an area where small staff meetings can be held, for larger meetings they just move to the auditorium. Miss Montpellier's room, does not include a kitchenette, as she prefers to take her meals with the children. The gym, pool and locker rooms are located in the basement. The pool area features bleachers and is open to the floor above it. The pool features three lanes and can be used for competitive swimming.

SIM: N/A

ROOM:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

001_zps3zmiy1lo.png
    005_zpslsntxnpx.png
    013_zpsuomp8doz.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    @gmcrozier I am loving your build! looks amazing and I am only half way through the slideshow! love the tennis court architecture & landscaping so far!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• hirondelle09hirondelle09 Posts: 175 Member
    @Ash072 Great job on the build! Love the modern style and creative interiors :)
    disneylegacy.jpg?w=764&h=261

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top