Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited May 2015
    @lisa17ann
    If in house are pictures (photographs) made by sims - for Gallery it will be CC. Checked :)
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I do have photos of the sets of twins...might also be the reason for the CC I suppose I can try and get rid of them all lol but only moved the twins in after I completed my build and did a short play test like I normally do. Oh well the upload price seems right anyways :) thanks all for your comment and attempts at getting to the root of my problems:)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2015
    nevermind ~
  • Options
    agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    Kementari wrote: »
    I have noticed that in Sims4 Depreciation does not transfer to the gallery.
    So if you are building with Sims on the lot every time you go into live mode to test something or do something the lot will depreciate, but when you go to upload it to the gallery it will be at the original price. That is why you may be getting the two different prices. Unless of course they changed it with a patch recently lol
    Hope that made sense :)

Yes! You have absolutely right :) I was building with sims to test functionality of the equipment and I was changing between modes! When I put my saved house again to the lot without sims the prices where nearly the same although there still was a little difference. In the gallery I had $10 less than in info panel. But generally that is the point!

And @lisa17ann - yes. Paintings are ok but photographs are considered to be CC. Unfortunatelly :(
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    masajo wrote: »
    I always use the Gallery price, then add the lot cost to give the final amount :)

Yip - that works for me 2 <3
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #:19 DOUBLE TAKE
    FORUM Zita1966z
    ORIGIN Zita1966
    LEVEL: Established

LOT NAME: MIRROR MIRROR

Built on: Brook Bungalow Lot in Courtyard Lane

LOT COST: 3000.00
    BUILD COST: 151022.00
    TOTAL COST: 154022.00

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/Gu3Yi#0
    LINK TO GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/02F5D91AFED411E483F26B769642F2F7

ENTRY DETAILS:

Natalia and Matteo are settled professional career sims and will adore their sleek non cluttered unit whilst Bianca will enjoy cooking in her semi-cluttered kitchen for her husband, friends and family, dreaming of starting a family of their own and Paolo will love their more laid back and earthy unit

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    CHEATS: Moo, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobejcts

PREVIEW PICTURES:
    hDTeheW.png
    smbqlmb.png
    EqtpGBQ.png
    hHysp3X.png
    s7rgM9o.png
    32DCb6m.png
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Very nice @Zita1966z , It looks modern but still quite classy. Nice creative sun loungers at the pool and I like how you have pulled this through into the interior by using the same seating in the TV room.
  • Options
    Amazing @Zita1966z the sun loungers are EVERYTHING! I'm totally steal that idea :D I give up you win! :) great job!!

• Options
    @kezflake and @lisa17ann Aww thank you ladies, must admit I'm a bit exhausted after this challenge because I had to build a house twice. hehe But all is good - I wish I could take all the credit for the sun loungers but the original idea comes from @Issabella14, I just made it my own style.
    <3
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Amazing work @Zita1966z! I especially like the architecture. :smiley:

Hello everyone!
    Due to the news that a magnitude 7.2 earthquake might possibly head to our place, it's unfortunate but, I'm going to skip this challenge for now. Sorry about that.

I hope I can compete with other challenge instead once I'm marked safe. Thank you.
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Well @Zita1966z you earned a well deserved break as you've built 2 amazing builds in the time it's taken me to make one lol

@RyeCris16 I'm sorry to hear this! I grew up in San Francisco so I know all to well the seriousness of earthquakes! I hope you and yours all stay safe!

• Options
    @RyeCris16 Hey u!! Please keep us updated A lot of us love and adore u and want to know that u r safe and ok <3 I know I do <3
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Great build @Zita1966z, lounge chairs style all yours my friend. Well done, just love your open concept, especially the kitchen. <3:)
    Oh my, 7.2 earthquake, not good at all @Ryecris16. You are in my prayers, be safe my friend :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:19 DOUBLE TAKE
    FORUM Lisa17Ann
    ORIGIN Lisa17Ann

LOT: Twinsies Townhouse

Built on:  Brook Bungalow 

LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $149520
    TOTAL COST: $152,520

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/puppyhugger17/slideshow/Twinsies Townhouse?sort=9

LINK TO GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/73003AEAFE5A11E48530BEB954E88CE0?category=lots&amp;searchtype=hashtag&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=#Lisa17Ann&amp;max=25

ENTRY DETAILS:

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: A traditional styled duplex to blend well with the rest of the neighborhood with a modern take on one side and a more laid back style on the other side. Each side has it's own front, and back porch with a shared patio and pool area and each also has a basement one of which has been turned into a photography studio. Both couples should be very happy here for years to come.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, Moo, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobejcts

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.jpg
    8.jpg
    bnp3.jpg
    nnm6.jpg

• Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 19 - Double Take
    FORUM ID: Cerrydd
    ORIGIN ID: Cerrydd
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Pas de Deuxplex
    LOT COST: $3000
    BUILD COST: $151,970
    TOTAL COST: $154,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    LINK TO GALLERY: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Duplex with a contemporary exterior, while keeping it natural with wood, stone and plants, which will hopefully appeal to both parties. A cool and clean home for Matteo and Natalia, a more warm and lived in space for Bianca and Paolo. Each home has a private balcony, in case they want some fresh air without running into each other. The backyard is fully shared, with a BBQ, pool, firepit and planter boxes.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Enlarged objects, MOO, career unlocks, bb.showhiddenobjects. No CC or mods.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

01_zpsx7oi34zz.jpg

What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    great builds guys :)
  • Options
    can someone tell me how to link to the gallery?
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @lisa17ann @Zita1966z @Issabella14 Thank you ladies for the support and concern. Still no earthquake yet, but maybe hoping for a rain instead! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3

@lisa17ann Very gorgeous traditional-styled duplex! I like your use of different color scheme per unit. Adding to my faves! :smiley:

@Cerrydd Amazing duplex build, so rustic! I'll try to comment on your showcase thread. :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Kaile wrote: »
    can someone tell me how to link to the gallery?

Go to http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery and click Browse. You'll have to sign in with your Origin ID, and then you're able to search for your build. Click on your build, and then copy-paste the adress from your browser. Hope that helps :smiley:
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #18

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    @lisa17ann you twinsies townhouse is just adorable I <3 it inside and outside and it's so pretty with a great layout.
    @Cerrydd your Pas de Deuxplex lot looks really streamlined with a great use of textures <3 this too
  • Options
    Thanks so much @kezflake =) That's so sweet of you to say! I also agree about the great build @Cerrydd did! I wish I was better at modern builds but they always end up looking like a box lol I guess I'm just a traditional kinda girl at heart :D

• Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited May 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 19
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EABA825FFF2911E48770BD43B4501D7D?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=equations&max=25
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 148,188
    TOTAL COST: 151 188
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/slideshow/sims4buildnshare19
    ENTRY DETAILS: I know that technically this is not really a proper duplex as the two houses only share a wall on the ground floor but I really wanted the shared entertainment area to be on the first floor & I wanted to leave plenty room for them to have separate gardens as well. This turned out to be the cheapest way to accommodate that. Also I thought it would be nice for the front doors to be facing each other & have a shared entrance of sorts since the families are so close.
    Since I was bending the brief a bit on that I tried to stick strictly to the mirrored layout, furniture included, except for the office area. I used the colour schemes from their wedding dresses, to be honest, purely so I could remember which couple was which while I was decorating!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES05-20-15_2-12nbspPM_zpsgufcbdtd.png:
  • Options
    Wow wonderful build @folala love the upstairs entrances and outside kitchen!

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Wow, @lisa17ann, @cerrydd and @folala. Very stunning builds, exteriors and interiors. <3<3<3:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top