Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited March 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 15 - Reuse and Recycle
    FORUM ID: bouquetcatcher
    ORIGIN ID: Bouquetcatcher
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Eco Modern
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bouquetcatcher/sets/72157651166524020/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ms. Bloodclaw gave us quite the challenge, but we were up to it! With just four large shipping containers we've created a stylish, modern, beautiful modular home - that you would never know is modular! The Eco Modern is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom affordable home for a single Sim or small family just starting out. Large open concept living/dining kitchen is ideal for entertaining. Bold colors and clean lines define the home while a touch of zen makes it a tranquil place to relax and live your life. The outdoors landscaping is clean and open, allowing for outdoor activities and beautiful views.

SIM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none (a little bit of MOO though)

16318065993_78a949a0d2_c.jpg
    Post edited by bouquetcatcher on
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 15-Reuse and Recycle
    FORUM ID: benlow11
    ORIGIN ID: benlow11
    LEVEL:Established
    LOT: Refurbished Housing
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/17172001@N06/sets/72157651520104766/
    ENTRY DETAILS: A comfortable, semi-modern home with light neutral coloring, two bedrooms and 1 and a half baths. This home is great for single parents, young couples, or small families. The second bedroom can easily be converted into a guest bedroom for those individuals or couples without children. The ample yard space provides plenty of space for a growing family or a friendly gathering.

Gallery price: $31,236
    Container price: $6,240

SIM: Ethan and Amelia Jamison
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/17172001@N06/sets/72157651520104736/
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ethan and Amelia are a young married couple starting a new life together. Ethan wants to be a painter, loves being outside, loves art, and is cheerful. Amelia wants to be a musician, she loves music, is neat, and is also cheerful.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A (I did enlarge some items)
    Edited to add the cost.

53wmdw.jpg
    Post edited by benlow11 on
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Great builds @bouquetcatcher and @benlow11. :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 15
    FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy52

LOT: 101 Planet Pleaser Way

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://imgur.com/a/V0n60#0

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Eco-friendly modest home perfect for small families with plenty of extra lot space available to expand. Includes a shady backyard relaxation area which could easily be remodeled to include patio furniture, a grill, etc., for entertaining friends and family.

Lot Price: 2,500
    Stacked Containers Cost (free): 5,760
    Build Cost: 24,975
    Final Lot Price: 33,235

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA
    ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I did use MOO and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheats.

XmPakrE.png
    *clap, clap* well done @Karababy52. :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you @Issabella14 Have a great weekend! :)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Awesome builds people!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited March 2015
    cc1.png
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Lisa17Ann
    ORIGIN ID: Lisa17Ann

LOT: Container Condo

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/puppyhugger17/slideshow/Container Condo Build n Share 15?sort=3

ENTRY DETAILS: A modern Styled 2 story home. This house consists of eat in kitchen, lounge, bathroom, bedroom, study/2nd bedroom, pool, and upstairs balcony off the study. Reclaimed floors have been used through out the house and all appliances are energy star rated! A wonderful place for a Sim, a couple, or a couple with a single child to live happily for many years to come.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

Great build @lisa17ann. <3:) I have a very similar build. Just finishing my slide show. Will have it up shortly.
    Thanks @Issabella14 great minds think alike! Can't wait to see it! So many great builds already :)

Thank you @Issabella14 :)
    edited April 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Re-Use and Recycle
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Re Use and Recycle Challenge 15

ENTRY DETAILS: I have transformed 4 containers into a two bedroom one bathroom Mid Century modern starter home.

COSTING:
    Stacked Containers -with exterior pain (not modified in renovation) Cost: $7,168
    Build Cost: $24,993
    Final Lot Price: $32,161

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I did use MOO and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheats.

03-20-15_8-16nbspPM_zpszl0w2w8y.jpg

03-20-15_8-16nbspPM-2_zpssgcx4uhb.jpg

7%205_zpsptwayza2.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    Looks great @Issabella14 It is similar to mine but also very different! You've done wonders with this build! =)

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LOT: Verde Modular
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Verde Modular
    ENTRY DETAILS: $30,966 without the cost of the lot

This modern modular home blends together form and function. Using four 10x4 shipping containers, Verde Modular offers a spacious open concept main living area, and two spacious bedrooms and bathrooms on the second floor. By creating a private side patio, Sims can enjoy spending time outside while remaining shaded and comfortable.

The whole house is decorated in a minimalist modern style with clean white walls, dark floors, and pops of colour throughout!

03-26-15_7-21nbspPM.png

03-26-15_7-33nbspPM.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Thank you @lisa17ann :)
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    Wow! What great entries!

@benlow11 I love the layout and the landscaping, and how you got a piano in there! Also love the calming colors.

@Karababy52 Great curb appeal! Very well done layout, love the entry hall especially. Also love the kid's room decor.

@lisa17ann You're curb appeal is just perfect! I LOVE your color schemes, and you even got a pool! Very clever little bathroom too. Impressive!

@Issabella14 Wonderful landscaping! REALLY like the kitchen and dining - I could cook in there! And you got a pool too! My very favorite though is the master bedroom. Just adore the mauve-y colors!

I'll try to keep up with all entries if I can! So loving joining in BnS again.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Seeing loots of great builds already. I am noticing that the pre renovation set ups are all with out wall coverings.

Are we not allowed to use a paint/siding on the containers as part of the free amount?
    Thank you @bouquetcatcher. Everyone's entries look great :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: 490 Parcel Lane
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E4902C51D4EF11E484379EAB6BB9E0D5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/library/490 Parcel Lane?sort=9&amp;page=1

ENTRY DETAILS: I opted to put one of the containers on end in an attempt to get a different shape for this home. 490 Parcel Lane is ideal for a single Sim or a young couple just starting out.

Gallery price: $31,476
    Container price: $6,480 (does NOT include exterior paint, the exterior paint was only used so that you could visually see the separate containers)

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

001_zps8gdhydzj.png

002_zpsof47odhe.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, MOO was used.
    Very clever and impressive build @gmcrozier. :)<3
    I was thinking of putting one of the containers upright like that @gmcrozier . But did not know how to figure out how tall to make it, so it meets the required size of 4x10.
    I was thinking of putting one of the containers upright like that @gmcrozier . But did not know how to figure out how tall to make it, so it meets the required size of 4x10.

I also thought of doing a upright container @countrykris1play I even talked about it at length with my hubby but couldn't figure it out lol

Seeing loots of great builds already. I am noticing that the pre renovation set ups are all with out wall coverings.

Are we not allowed to use a paint/siding on the containers as part of the free amount?

Hey, @countrykris1play - nope, the paint/siding you use has to come out of your budget I'm afraid. The lot and the cost of the containers themselves are all that we are allowing as 'free'.

edited March 2015
    Hey, @countrykris1play - nope, the paint/siding you use has to come out of your budget I'm afraid. The lot and the cost of the containers themselves are all that we are allowing as 'free'.
    I figured as much. Was just hopeful wishing lol.
    I figured as much. Was just hopeful wishing lol.

No worries!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top