Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BnS Hawthorne Project phase XIV is now closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BnS Hawthorne Project Phase XV is now open until May 31st

How about telling us a story of some Sims that have got themselves into a spot? We would love to read your stories about Sims who due to whatever circumstances just need a hand up to get back on their feet. We could convert your tale into a BnS Challenge and your Sim will have multiple housing options to choose from by the end of the month :)

Please submit your Sim household in need of a home due to circumstances using hashtag #BnSTHPXV
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #157 - Winter Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #158-Be Mine
    FORUM ID:AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME:
    Ancient Ruins in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Romantic Ruins
    LOT COST: $0 (what a deal!!)
    GALLERY COST: $29,978.00
    TOTAL COST: $29,978.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Be Mine
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Mr. Love requested a "unique venue" to propose that suited him and his beloved Amanda. Doing my research; I discovered that Valentine works as a writer and loves to study and write about history, an avid historian! Amanda's passion is archeology and they both love the outdoors. This led me to the ancient ruins of Windenburg. An excellent location for the couple! The place was a mess when I got there, but I was able to make it the perfect venue for the couple. The ruins are quiet and private. The couple will not experience random sims interrupting them here. I have added public washrooms and a kitchen for them to hire a caterer. There is a covered dining space for the couple, as requested, and a stage for them to have live music. There is a bar and a bubble elation station in the venue as well. I have decorated the area with pinks, reds, and purples and have added many worn pots with flowers and candles throughout the space.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JkrR5pt.png
    88u75AQ.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #158 - Be Mine
    FORUM ID:AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    HOUSEHOLD: Be Mine, Mr. Valentine
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Be Mine, Mr. Valentine
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Valentine and Amanda are both adults and well established in their careers. Valentine Love has a career as a writer, specializing in ancient history, but his life goal is to find his soulmate. He loves the outdoors, reading books, and is a hopeless romantic! Amanda Hugankiz works as a conversationist, but her passion is archeology. She wants to explore the jungle and discover and collect things. She loves adventure, the outdoors, and is a geek. Normally I would spend a day with the couple, sharing all their outfits but since their date is the special event this time I will share how Valentine's proposal went in my slideshow instead.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    6T5D6Z7.png
    3RrvCw0.png
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #157 - Winter Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited February 2022
    CHALLENGE #158-Be Mine
    FORUM ID: Zita1966z
    ORIGIN ID:Zita1966
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rindle Rose - Willow Creek
    NEW LOT NAME: The Proposal
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 27909
    TOTAL COST: 29909
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Proposal
    GALLERY LINK
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Valentine wanted a private romantic spot to propose to his beloved Amanda. he chose a former dog park that turned to ruins after many years but wanted to keep the ambiance of the exterior dog park. Valentine decided to revamp the inside to a romantic proposal park for his beloved Amanda
    wlheOMq.jpg

spYceqC.jpg

yrpY7vL.jpg
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2022
    I’m waiting on Tartosa to make my entry. There’s only a 20 x 20 lot. Can I use that one?

Thanks!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I’m waiting on Tartosa to make my entry. There’s only a 20 x 20 lot. Can I use that one?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use that one. In fact, I'm going to edit the brief to show it's allowed. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

Thanks!

Yes, you can use that one. In fact, I'm going to edit the brief to show it's allowed. :)

Awesome!!! Thank you so much! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Thanks!

Awesome!!! Thank you so much! <3

You're welcome!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BnSTHPXV BnS Hawthorne Project Phase XV
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A1C3FC6586FA11EC8412B1B887CF3384
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cgprSKm
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnSTHPXV BnS Hawthorne Project Phase XV
    Roger Daniels, his wife Regina, his son from a previous marriage named Rocky, his twin toddlers Johnny and Parker, and the new baby Alyssa have had a desperate run of bad luck since just before the pandemic started. First, Roger, who worked in construction, suffered a worksite accident that left him permanently lame with a bad back. He has filed to try and get disability, but the paperwork has not yet gone through. Not long after the pandemic, Regina lost her bar keeping job at the local pub due to a lockdown of non-essential work. The lockdown went on so long, the owners lost so much money that they had to permanently close the bar. Regina has been applying for any job opening she can find, but so far she has not been hired. And her unemployment ran out long ago.
    The family are currently living in a tiny cabin behind their church thanks to an understanding congregation. It is not a permanent solution for the growing family. Luckily, 17 year old Rocky has a part-time job at the local hamburger joint. He has been working all the hours he can get to help the entire family get necessities and food. The family also have turned to food pantries, but they have to go to multiple pantries to get enough for the whole family to eat every day. To make up for the electricity and water the family uses, Regina does some cleaning in the church during the week and runs the daycare during church services.
    Roger has become desperate and applied for public housing, but he was told the waiting list is several years long. He has become depressed since he can no longer support his family. He spends his time watching the small children and playing horse shoes. The young ones are mainly cranky in this uncertain environment.
    While Regina was cleaning the church office and waiting to do a job search on the computer, a new volunteer told her about the Hawthorn Project. As soon as the computer was free, she emailed her application in, crossing her fingers for luck. She is well aware that if something does not change soon, the family could be pulled apart. And then she worked on applying for more jobs in the hopes that something good will happen on that front too!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no recolors

SPACE FOR PICTURES: WeBh6u7.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you so much for creating a Hawthorne submission @iampes23.i will quote your post to the Hawthorne thread.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    I'll take the pictures for my February BnS build and Sims before the deadline. I'm doing an online course so I finish it in time! I'll do the pictures before or after I study one of the days before February 28! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited February 2022

CHALLENGE #158-Be Mine
    FORUM ID: illusie
    ORIGIN ID: illusie
    LEVEL: This is the second time I enter, I think last time I was in expert. Maybe you can pick which category is best
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Roses Are Red Park
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/11CD2067955511EC8CA03BD08D77A73C
    LOT COST: Willow creek Crick Cabana $1.500 or Rindle Rose $2.000 (I kept changing between these two, but think I used the first for the pictures)
    GALLERY COST: $27.624
    TOTAL COST: $2.000 + $27.624 = $29.624
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/8n8zcTZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: Valentine Love wants a place to propose to his sweetheart Amanda. Amanda loves flowers and hearts. Which is why both are used in the park. Mr Valentine went for the classic kind of park with flowers and violin music to woo her. In the heat of the moment they can even get married at the front of the park.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    TWITTER TAG: @illusiesims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0Zkavk3.png
    Bl6P6jx.png
    Post edited by illusie on
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY
    CHALLENGE: Be mine! #BNS158
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Piccola Luce in Tartosa
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A9E414CE968611EC85793BD08D77A73C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1000
    GALLERY COST: $27,923
    TOTAL COST: $28,923
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BYkchlY
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Small romantic "island" with kitchen, dining for 2, a piano, a loveseat for sitting and talking, many flowers, candles, swans, and a hearts-decorated area to propose to Amanda.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    PICTURES:
    ClJZEXn.png
    vGsAGMu.png
    edited February 2022
    CHALLENGE #158-Be Mine

FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established?
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 2-4-1 Wakabamori
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/69529F788BAE11EC8D394A384497AFB2?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §2,000
    GALLERY COST: §27,674
    TOTAL COST: §29,674
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/033Qxxd
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Valentine Love has finally found the perfect place to propose to his soulmate, Amanda Heart. Valentine had this place built, so that it would be perfect. His wish for flowers galore, music and lights in an outdoor proposal area (under the pink tree) has plenty of flowers and their favorite classical music on his grandma's grammaphone. There's even a covered heart-shaped space to eat a meal after he proposes!

The evening started in the proposal "room." Of course, Amanda said, "yes!" Then, they moved into the pond "room" to look at the swans and to "whisper sweet nothings." Next, the couple, check out the wishing well "room." Their wish for a child came true. They have 24 hours to pick the child up at the adoption agency. After that, they "tried for baby" in the hot tub "room," and surprise --- Amanda is eating for two! Speaking of eating, the couple finished up the evening by eating food from the buffet table and chatting before retiring to their nearby home for the night. Oh, but first, the need to pick up the child the adopted. Before the elopement or wedding (they haven't decided yet, they need to build the child a room and the baby a nursery.)

So, Valentine and Amanda have gone from dating, to becoming engaged to becoming parents of at least two children! Now, off to plan the wedding/elopement!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    T6zI42f.png
    HLTSFI1.png
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited February 2022
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #158 - Be Mine
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: This is my second time entering Sims in BnS.
    HOUSEHOLD:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CE13C2DD8BBC11EC86354A384497AFB2?category=households&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/8P8nzux
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Backstory:
    Love and hearts are both in the air (or should I say in the proposal garden that the couple had built for their proposal.
    Valentine Love has finally found the perfect place to propose to his soulmate, Amanda Heart. He has the soulmate aspiration, while she is a musical genius. He's romantic, and she's creative. However, they both share the family-oriented and loves outdoors traits.
    She likes pink, while he likes red. However, they both like classical music and gardening. Both of them like to wear hearts in any piece of clothing they can. He even has heart-shaped glasses!
    Oh, and one more thing: The couple just eloped in their proposal garden after a few days when the children became children. They will plan a vow renewal for the very near future, so that their adoptive and biological daughters can be the flower pal and ring bearer. Now, that's going to be one difficult coin toss for the girls!!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    okEHcaS.png
    piefmUp.png
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BnS #158 Be Mine is now closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2022
    09QngCm.jpg

Little Green Men
    Sims 4 | #BnS159

“Hello. Come on, sit down.”
    You stand to greet the family of four who walks into your office with a friendly smile. The two children, a girl and a boy, wander around, checking out the bookshelf and looking out the window. The boy picks up a small animal statue and examines it as if he has never seen a horse before.
    The girl notices the view out the window and settles down to watch the ducks in the pond.
    Since they’re staying out of trouble, you turn your attention to their parents. “Mr. and Mrs. Greene, correct?”
    For almost a minute, there is silence aws the pair gaze intently at you. Then the woman judges her husband, as if to remind him to speak up.
    “Oh! Yes. I am Martin Greene. My wife, Marlene. Our children Marcia and Marcell.”
    “A pleasure to meet you,” you say. Before another word can be spoken, Marcia discovers the wand that controls the blinds and begins playing with it.
    Her mother turns her head toward the new noise and frowns until Marcia stops.
    It is only later that you realize Marcia never looked at her mother during the entire exchange. “What can I do for you?”
    “We just moved here and are looking for a house. So far, we have not found one to suit us. We thought perhaps you could build us something that reminded us of the home we left behind,” Martin explains.
    Martine - no Marlene- nods. “The houses here - they are so boring. All squares and rectangles. We prefer interesting shapes - triangles, hexagons, octagons,” she explains.
    “We will of course accept right angles as necessary,” Martin is quic to add. “It doesn’t have to be very large, just big enough for our family to live comfortably and have space to pursue our hobbies.
    “I love flowers. You have such an amazing variety here, did you know that?” Marlene asks.
    “I do,” you reply, reminding yourself to stop and smell the roses the next chance you get. “What sort of budget am I working with?”
    “Will $90,000 be enough?”
    “Yes.”
    “Thank you. We will return in one month - we understand that is how long this will take?”
    “That’s right.”
    “Good-bye.”
    Minutes later, you are busy working on a blueprint when a strange noise reaches your ears. You look out the window just in time to see four green-skinned figures enveloped in a bright light and lifted toward a waiting spaceship.
    Somehow, you are not surprised. It has been many years since your last alien encounter, but you still remember Donnell Indigo. You can’t help but wonder if the Greenes are as green as their name implies.

The Brief:
    Budget: $90,000.
    The house should include shapes other than simple rectangles and squares.
    Build at least three bedrooms
    The house needs a kitchen, living and dining areas
    Include space for the Greenes to pursue their hobbies.
    Landscaping should include plenty of flowers for Marlene.
    Sim Challenge: Create the Greenes and show them enjoying their new home. You can pick all of their traits, likes and dislikes. Remember to show all their outfits in the slideshow. Note: if you don’t have GTW, you can use a Miscellaneous skin tone.

Room Challenge: Create Martin and Marlene’s bedroom. Budget: $12,000.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns159 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Thursday, March 31st, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

@BuildnShare, when Master Results - BnS 157 - Winter Designer Showdown will be posted?
    Or I missed them?
    Thank you.
    @AIRIS6962 this has been claimed by one of our judges and we will post the results once they are done :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #158 - Be Mine

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    @AIRIS6962 this has been claimed by one of our judges and we will post the results once they are done :)
    YAY! I can't wait

its-been84years-titanic.gif

edited March 2022
    Hi @BuildnShare :). Could you please look some of the builds, Sims and rooms that I've created so far for BnS (whenever you and/or your judges can look at it :), as well as the other entrants in my level)? Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I've done BnS 156, 157 and 158.
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top