Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    @VIRTUALEE nice job, great colour use and I absolutely adore the bathroom done in white and soft green.

@masajo nice job, I love love love the brown and white colour use on your exterior walls and great job on the landscaping.

@AIRIS6962 - oooh, I like the Christmas theme of your build. Great work on the exterior - love how it looks like it is covered in snow.

@WrathofCath - wow, nice job on turning the build into such a charming cottage! It looks so cozy and authentic.

• BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    @VIRTUALEE Such a lovely bright and cheery pallet. You've definitely reflected the pink flower bush! Great name for your creation too!

@Rykel So very sleek! I adore the pop of color throughout your creation!

@AIRIS6962 This put me in the mood for Christmas! The white flooring and roof makes it look the everything is dusted with snow! I just love everything about this entry. Thank you for sharing the New Year's Eve tradition in Spain.

@WrathofCath This makes me want to grab a cup of coco and snuggle up by the fire! I really like the brick accent walls and the flower box being moo'd on the bay window.

All of you have done an outstanding job reflecting your chosen objects. Good luck to all!
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    edited November 2015
    @AIRIS6962 & @WrathofCath amazing Christmas Cabins you two will never cease to amaze me :)

@Rykel Thanks so much :)

@BUTTONSGINGER thanks for the lovely feedback and for the sweet message in gallery!
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited November 2015
    @WrathofCath and @AIRIS6962 I love the Christmas idea for the cabin! :)
    jiyKE8j.png
    edited November 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 31 Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: RivendellStar
    ORIGIN ID: RivendellStar
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: SteamPunk ShowDown
    LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST: $114,848
    TOTAL COST: $116,348
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Not sure how to do this?
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to go with the grandfather clock for my inspirational object for this build. I wanted to do something totally different with the theme and change the shape of the roofing...so I went steampunk style.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img][/img]Steampunk%20Showdown_zpstpls3uhl.jpg Steampunk%20Showdown%20Collage_zpssv1ugrka.jpg
    Post edited by RivendellStar on
    jiyKE8j.png
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    I'm trying to post a BnS for the BnS31 but I can't seem to get it to post for some reason. I hope I can post before the deadline. I already have the build up on the gallery...
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I'm trying to post a BnS for the BnS31 but I can't seem to get it to post for some reason. I hope I can post before the deadline. I already have the build up on the gallery...
    Hey @BreeMiles!! Lovely to see you hon. If you are having problems, try editing the details in your previous post, sometimes this is more fruitful than trying to post stuff in a brand new post. Good luck hon, you still have time :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Hey @BreeMiles!! Lovely to see you hon. If you are having problems, try editing the details in your previous post, sometimes this is more fruitful than trying to post stuff in a brand new post. Good luck hon, you still have time :)

I have tried that dear and the site deletes that comment when I do post in a comment I already posted. I also tried posting just part of it an no luck. It seems as if they are not allowing links to me.. I can get the very top of the form to post but when I start with my slide show link on down it want let it post. It says that error will post when approved. I can't even get one link to post with out the error... I know that the site has been messed up badly today as we at DNA are having trouble with the post not appearing also. I will keep trying maybe I will get lucky..
    P.S. I hope that I don't flood the thread with all my entries at one time cause I have tried to post a lot of times
    edited November 2015
    So it seems that the photobucket slide show link is what was causing the problem. I can't get the link to work in with the entry is it ok if I link it to this post? The link works in this post for my slideshow.

http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/breemiles1/slideshow/A Balance Of Time
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 31 Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: BreeMiles
    ORIGIN ID: BreeMiles
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: A Balance Of Time
    LOT COST: $1500
    BUILD COST: $77,931
    TOTAL COST: $79,431
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14313531/#Comment_14313531
    The Slideshow LINK Is in the POST ABOVE THIS POST please click it for slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to do the Balances, A build set in a time, I enjoy in my mind. A home for the adventurer. I was trying to capture a Safari setting the best I could with the items EA has, without using any others CC but my own.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Custom Content By BreeMilees. Links To My Custom Content. Walls Floors "Wood" "Carpet"

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    11-21-15_9-26-49nbspAM_zpslntatvpe.png
    11-21-15_9-45-49nbspAM_zpsfdnxfsc2.png

To Find in the in game gallery, Click Advance then Check Mark Include Custom Content box.

I can't seem to get the link to the build as of now, but it is showing under #BnS31 in the in game gallery. I will post link as soon as I am able to get one.
    edited November 2015

I have tried that dear and the site deletes that comment when I do post in a comment I already posted. I also tried posting just part of it an no luck. It seems as if they are not allowing links to me.. I can get the very top of the form to post but when I start with my slide show link on down it want let it post. It says that error will post when approved. I can't even get one link to post with out the error... I know that the site has been messed up badly today as we at DNA are having trouble with the post not appearing also. I will keep trying maybe I will get lucky..

I had to put the slide show link in the above post before I could get it to work. I linked the above post to for my slideshow. I hope this will be ok....

@BuildnShare I have another question now. I will try to explain it, I used my cc in this lot an it's the first time I have uploaded a lot with cc in it. On the in game gallery you can type #bns31 and click advance and then check mark show custom content and the lots shows with all the rest in the challenge. BUT, On the online site where you get your links to download from it want show my lot. Do you know if it shows lots that have CC in them on the Internet site?
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
    @BreeMiles love the interior wall finishes throughout your build and how you did the cupboards in the bedroom! I also like the dining nook you created - such a nice touch.
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    BuildnShare Challenge #31

Forum ID: popettypop2012
    Origin ID: popettypop2012
    Level : Starting Out (a couple of months ago)
    Lot Name: Sunny Sunflower Home
    Lot Cost:$2,000
    Build Cost: $61,980
    Total Cost: $63,980
    Entry details : I chose the Dear Old Grandfather Clock and decided on a yellow/brown theme for the house. Hence, the Sunflowers around the house. Also the clock is typical in a old European style house and that's where I got my inspiration for the furniture.

Yes, please for the critique. I am a newbie builder and in much need of constructive criticism. Thanks so much.

Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6E5DBB69909A11E5886C67DEF2F8FAF8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false

Slideshow:http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Sunny Sunflower Home

ROOM :N/A

11-21-15_6-03-27nbspPM_zpskkjjzyfs.png11-21-15_6-07-35nbspPM_zpskddaj0ux.png
    @popettypop2012 like your yellow colour scheme and use of sunflowers! Such a happy feel to it.
    @RivendellStar I love your steampunk build idea, so awesome!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

I had to put the slide show link in the above post before I could get it to work. I linked the above post to for my slideshow. I hope this will be ok....

@BuildnShare I have another question now. I will try to explain it, I used my cc in this lot an it's the first time I have uploaded a lot with cc in it. On the in game gallery you can type #bns31 and click advance and then check mark show custom content and the lots shows with all the rest in the challenge. BUT, On the online site where you get your links to download from it want show my lot. Do you know if it shows lots that have CC in them on the Internet site?

Hey @BreeMiles - if there is any cc in the lot, it won't show on the gallery on the Internet site. So pleased you managed to get your entry in though :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Thank you so much for your nice comments and compliments on my entry, they are much appreciated indeed :)
    The new entries are awesome and lovely all of them. I´ll never cese to be amazed with your creativity.
    Happy Sunday everyone !!

Hey @BreeMiles - if there is any cc in the lot, it won't show on the gallery on the Internet site. So pleased you managed to get your entry in though :D

Thank you so much sweetie. I thought sure I was doing something wrong. It being my first and all. I Thank you dear an appreciate your help... I was so glad I got the post to work also, I was getting worried I was going to have to do it all over again!!!! Thanks Bunches and Happy Sunday!!!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Rykel, @BUTTONSGINGER, @VIRTUALEE, @RivendellStar, Thank you each so much for your very kind comments! :blush:<3<3

@RivendellStar, Love your Steampunk cottage! The roofing and colors/textures look fabulous! To make a slideshow for the challenge, you just have to go to your album with the pictures in photobucket and in the upper right hand corner, you will see "View as: slideshow". Just click on that and you will have your pictures in a slideshow. Then you can just copy the url on your photobucket page into the link for the url in your post over here. I hope that makes sense. :blush:

@BreeMiles, Your cottage is so cozy and charming! I adore your recolors for the walls, floors and carpet. :blush: The closet in the bedroom is Fabulous! I'm so happy you got everything sorted out and your entry in, Bree! :relaxed:<3

@popettypop2012, I love the colors you chose for this sweet, sunny cottage! The yellows are so bright and cheerful. The window boxes and landscaping look awesome! :smile:

@Rykel @WrathofCath Thank you so much for the compliments :) Thanks also WrathofCath for the help info :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @WrathofCath Thank you so much for your comment. Your build is gorgeous, as always. I am a huge fan of your builds. I have been following you in the gallery from a while ago.

@Rykel thank you for your kind comment:)

@RivendellStar Such a creative idea and a beautiful house!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top