Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #158 - Be Mine
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #159 - Little Green Men
    FORUM ID:
    AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Creek Corner Cove in Strangerville
    NEW LOT LINK: Out Of This World
    LOT COST: $4500.00
    GALLERY COST: $85,203.00
    TOTAL COST: $89,703.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #159 - Little Green Men
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have chosen to build a futuristic looking home for the Greene family in Strangerville. There are many uniquely shaped rooms throughout the house, but mostly octagons; the decks and roofs are all circular. I covered nearly the entire house in windows, so there are not many wall items in this home. I have added many skill building items for the family to discover potential new hobbies, but they all love playing video games at the moment, so I gave them a big screen TV and two large curved couches so they can enjoy their gaming time together. The house has a high end security system, with an intercom system installed in each bedroom and by all exits. The yard has space for Marlene to garden, as well as create her flower arrangements. There is a place for the kids to play and a circular patio for the family to enjoy a meal outdoors. The home has many Eco features and has the Eco, good soil, and geothermal lot traits as well as the Reduce and Recycle challenge.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: all nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Uq0v1SP.png
    OKgcW4s.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Master
    HOUSEHOLD: Far From Home
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW The Greene Family
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Greene family is very excited to begin a new chapter in their life in their new home in Strangerville. Martin was an astronaut and after making a major arrest he has received The Oath Of Honor, but unfortunately he was forced to resign from his career because of it. This has given the family opportunity (and the money) to move to a different planet and experience new things. Martin wants to discover the secrets of Strangerville. He is a perfectionist, a genius, and likes to keep things neat and tidy. He is currently upgrading everything is sight, as he is very dissatisfied with the quality of the appliances of this planet, and he also has some extra time on his hands. Marlene loves everything that grows, especially flowers. She is currently working as a floral designer. She loves the outdoors, eating her vegetables and wants to keep the world around her healthy and happy. Marcia wants to be the smartest kid on the block and she is also very self assured. Marcell is a geek and, like his sister, also wants to be the smartest kid around.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    lABG4cB.png
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @coolsim9999999 Established results for 156 & 157 have been claimed. Judges are a little busy but the results will be on the way!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Thank you very much for letting me (and the other established entrants know) @Clousinators :)! I really appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results when they're done B). Take your time, judges! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #157 - Winter Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited March 2022
    BUILD OFFICIAL Just for fun ENTRY FORM (way over $)
    FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    LEVEL: established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    NEW LOT LINK: Props4RetroMCMSciFi
    LOT COST: 8500
    GALLERY COST: 142163
    TOTAL COST: 150663
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS159 Props for Retro MCM SciFi
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to take two kernels of wisdom from design of older houses for this custom build. First, a large central dining room, second, a foyer to greet guests. This house from the top down looks a bit like a propeller or some kind of blades. This is to denote air travel. There is a central circle with four triangles that have triangular bump outs. The basement is an octagon. I imagine this family enjoying shows like the Jestsons or the OG Star Trek. They would find these extremely funny. I used the 60s SciFi/Futuristic MCM style as it will be something this family appreciates. The family really like triangular closets, I'm not sure why but it's their thing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OqCiW7q.png
    wCvD24A.png
    Awesome details on your just for fun entry @JojoMOMSTER --- including the worm hole! very fun build B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thanks @coolsim9999999 I read that too fast. (Worm hotel? where did I put a worm hotel? Next to the ant farm? nope, no ant farm either)
    You're very welcome @JojoMOMSTER :) --- haha worm hotel :D
    4kkjdXo.png

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited March 2022
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Plateau Place
    NEW LOT LINK: Interstellar Abode
    LOT COST: 5,500
    GALLERY COST: 84,483
    TOTAL COST: 89,983
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: My motto for this build was essentially, 'play around and find out.' No grand thoughts or ideas with this one -- I just wanted to make a funky little house for a family of funky little sims.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KI8LJOQ.png
    Qr7I64T.png
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY
    CHALLENGE #BNS159 - Little Green Men
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Strangerville Overlook in Strangerville
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F2919ACEAF9211EC8694C5E7D64523EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $4.500
    GALLERY COST: $84.213
    TOTAL COST: $88.713
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/J6fRSIX
    ENTRY DETAILS: Since the Greenes don’t like right angles, most of the windows have become round. I also tried to choose the floor patterns so that there were no rectangles in them, and I used furniture with rounded corners where possible. I thought it would be even more fun that way. :) There are 2 places that will be nice for Marlene, here she can grow plants or relax watching her beautiful flowers.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    PICTURES:
    XXErLQj.png
    8KS2ae6.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #159 -Little Green men
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tails End
    NEW LOT LINK: Unable to load to gallery due to issues with Gallery uploading errors
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 84,490
    TOTAL COST: 87490
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/KC6mlWw
    ENTRY DETAILS: This Coastal style home is a large spacious home, with a unique layout. Plenty of rooms for this family to spread out, and enjoy their hobbies. Plenty of space to Learn, relax and restore oneself in this strange world.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)

3vRu6Ny.png
    5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BNS #159 Little Green Men is now closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Was just wondering when we will get the Established results for Home for Winterfest, i think that was 156?
    @KitelDesigns this has been claimed by one of our judges and we'll get it posted once it's been done :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2022
    LkNuP9a.jpg

#BNS 160 Spring Designer Showdown[/b]

It’s that time of year again! Another spring designer showdown!
    This time, your task is to complete this unfinished shell. Pick any lot size 30x30 or larger. You may rotate the shell any way you want. You can change the interior walls, but do not move the exterior ones. Decks, patios and balconies can be added.
    To give it a spring twist, you must use the color green somewhere in the build at least twice. Flowers, baby animals, and anything else you associate with spring are also encouraged.
    The shell can be found on the Gallery under Spring Designer Shodown, #bns160, #springdesignershowodown22 or #spring22

The Brief:
    Budget: 175,000.
    The house needs at least three bedrooms and two baths.
    The foundation height and wall height can be changed.
    Platforms can be added anywhere.
    You can change and move the stairs.
    Remember to use the color green in at least two places. But if you choose to make the exterior green, you still need to use it inside too.
    Landscaping is always important!

Sim Challenge: None this time.

Room Challenge: None this time.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns160 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Saturday April 30th, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

This time, your task is to complete this unfinished shell. Pick any lot size 30x30 or larger. You may rotate the shell any way you want. You can change the interior walls, but do not move the exterior ones. Decks, patios and balconies can be added.
    To give it a spring twist, you must use the color green somewhere in the build at least twice. Flowers, baby animals, and anything else you associate with spring are also encouraged.
    The shell can be found on the Gallery under Spring Designer Shodown, #bns160, #springdesignershowodown22 or #spring22

The Brief:
    Remember to use the color green in at least two places. But if you choose to make the exterior green, you still need to use it inside too.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns160 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Saturday April 30th, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.

Does it have to be a residential lot, or can it be a community lot?

The Brief:

Does it have to be a residential lot, or can it be a community lot?

Well you can turn it into a community lot if you really want to. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • chrischris8894chrischris8894 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm excited to try this shell.
    Can we move/change the stairs?
    21a63a76613ef59a6ab875e93d138b7c.gif
    I'm excited to try this shell.
    Can we move/change the stairs?

Yes, sorry, I forgot to include that in the brief. Thanks for reminding me.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jordanfbrasiljordanfbrasil Posts: 102 Member
    Yes. So looking forward to this Spring Showdown! My first ever shell challenge! ^_^
    U0tQRGg.png
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #158 - Be Mine

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Can we add an external structure, not attached to the shell, or no?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top