Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #130 - Whimsyville Sims

FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: Taoron24121

LEVEL:

ENTRY DETAILS: The Clucks

Buck Cluck is the father of the Family and an Athelete. He is Family Oriented, Good Natured and very active.
    Plucky Cluck, the mother is very into her family and hopes for a successful lineage. She is always cheerful, a neat freak and a vegetarian.
    Chicken-Little Cluck, is the son of Buck and Plucky. He is quite the social butterfly, yet a tad gloomy and always thinks the sky is falling.
    Henny-Penny Cluck is the daughter of Buck and Plucky and Chicken-Little's sister. (even though classically, in literature, they are the same person...or....chicken, rather) She a Whiz Kid and always cheerful.

Entry Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8FE37061FA9811E98AAC267D47C7ADE4

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

MjVTOA0.jpg
    LwDm8RK.jpg

@BuildnShare If at all possilbe, I'd like to also build on Bargain Bend in Willow Creek and will be doing another family.
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    I would like to build on Cypress Terrace in Willow Creek if that lot isn't taken yet, please. I am still unsure if I will create a household yet though.

Can we guess who this is going to be for?

JZl0I5D.png
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Taoron I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll BLOOOOOW your house down!! ;)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Allears wrote: »
    @Taoron I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll BLOOOOOW your house down!! ;)

Hahahahaha! The first two don't stand a chance.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    The list on page one has been updated to show which lots have been claimed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @wendyology Haha, love it :D very clever

@Taoron love this too, also very clever & imaginative! Think the way you’ve used the spandrels around the roof garden is my fav bit, looks amazing 😊

@BuildnShare after playing with different ideas for my build I’ve realised I will nee the 40x30 after all, so can I go with Avarice Acres please?
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron love this too, also very clever & imaginative! Think the way you’ve used the spandrels around the roof garden is my fav bit, looks amazing 😊

Thanks! I was actually trying to get shadowing and light play on that specific area, because I do too and wanted it to pop. lol

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Taoron Nice! Glad to know Chicken Little did alright for himself. I suspect once he got over his fears he became a successful contrarian investor. Beautiful build, I love the chicken coop meeting up with modern glass portion of the home. That little entryway provides some nice landscaping and outdoor space.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Taoron Oh my goodness... I just discovered your photos in the gallery. It's like Christmas! Awesome work! ♥♥♥♥
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Thank you @wendyology =)

@SheriGR HO! HO! HO! I was wondering who that was. LOL Thank you!
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @BuildnShare: I am pulling out of this challenge. Please put Umbrage Manor in Willow Creek back on the market. Thanks!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS127 - The Smell of Tea and Nutbread. Your results are available HERE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2019
    FORUM ID: Mikkiness
    ORIGIN ID: PrettyPuzzle
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rindle Rose - Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Here
    GALLERY COST: 90,230
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here

ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to keep the floral connotations of "Rindle Rose" so I knew going in that I wanted a huge conservatory, and lots of soft pastels. I kinda got the base layout mostly done, and started thinking that a) there was just a little bit more space I could squeeze out of my shell and b) one little old lady wasn't really a 'family' as such. Thus, the teenaged relative come to visit on an "indefinite basis" as in so many novels I read growing up. Her room is a bit pokey because it used to be a sewing room, or a teeny guest bed, or something.

I'm not 100% sure I nailed the whimsy, but I tried to catch that sense of charm and freedom you associate with certain types of old women - that idealised grandmother type who keeps certain things old fashioned because she's just grown to like them that way, but will also sneak into the annual flower show and steal cuttings off all the hydrangeas because it's absolutely shameful what the garden centre charges for something that should be growing free.

Hoping I nailed that at least.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always :)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

hepCqbi.png

bOai9a3.png

(placing items in those windows is so hard guys! Why haven't EA slotted those yet???)
    owEyOd7.png
    edited October 2019
    FORUM ID: Mikkiness
    ORIGIN ID: PrettyPuzzle
    LEVEL: Established
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Astelia never planned on children, and she certainly never planned to take on indefinite guardianship of her teenage niece under less than ideal circumstances! Astelia swears she's too old to change her ways, and Raia thinks her elderly aunt is out-of-date and out-of-touch. With luck they'll make the best of things, and without it their family circumstances may go from bad, to worse!

Astelia is an elder with the Freelance Botanist aspiration. Her traits are Cheerful, Loner, and Foodie.
    Raia is a teenager with the Best Selling Author aspiration. Her traits are Gloomy and Art Lover.
    Harold is a mixed breed ginger cat in a purple dragon costume. His traits are Fuzzy, Friendly, and Lazy.

ENTRY GALLERY LINK Here
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Just half a dozen shots showing some outfits and such.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Ts7ED32.jpg

52lNpcZ.png
    owEyOd7.png
    edited October 2019
    Next I think I might try Arid Ridge in Oasis Springs? Apparently I massively overestimated how much space I'd need for this one. Will switch to Pebble Burrow if that's alright.

I'm never really sure what to do with desert neighbourhoods so it'll be a good chance to learn! I'll also be creating another family.

ETA: I think I'm taking suggestions.

What's the unlikeliest additions you can think of for my tiny house neighbours? I've already got mumsy!witch and a toddler in the first tiny home (cauldrons are huge!!! and toddler stuff is massive!!!), and their next door neighbour is silicon-valley frat-bro, Chad (I'm still gutted I couldn't fit the hot tub in his bedroom). I have two more tiny homes to fill, and up 5 slots left in the family. Like, if you were casting some kind of unlikely neighbours scenario, what sort of sims would you be topping this place up with?
    Post edited by Mikkiness on
    owEyOd7.png
    @mikkiness The natural enemy of the frat-bro is the overly serious sim starting out in the medical profession (also works for law students.) Or at least that's how it works in my building.
    edited November 2019
    @wendyology - I think you might be right! Shame this challenge closes a couple of days before Uni comes out :D

5UNgKRW.png

I managed to fit a doctor and a vet into the same mad science shell :D

I think the build is done, so tomorrow is sims and route-testing!
    Post edited by Mikkiness on
    owEyOd7.png
    @Mikkiness cute build! The partially clear roof is really cool. I look forward to your entry slideshows.
  • LunalaWolfLunalaWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    @BuildnShare I'll take twin Oracle Point in Newcrest! I'll also make a family.
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #130 - Whimsyville (Residential/Sims)
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cypress Terrace in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Never Grow Up Treehouse
    LOT COST: $8,500.00
    GALLERY COST: $114,100.00
    TOTAL COST: $122,600.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1nek06o
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built a new tree house for Peter Pan and the lost boys of Neverland. You can find it by the Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. It comes complete with Captain Hook's flying ship. This tree house It has many different huts, all at different levels, and with many pathways attached to each. The perfect tree house for a good game of tag! There are so many things to discover, and many ways to get there around this tree house. There is even a possibility that the waters are mermaid infested. The perfect home for someone who never wants to grow up!
    This build challenged me with all the different levels, connecting the stairs, making the roofs work, not having branches in random places, and making sure it was all usable... but it was soo much fun to build!!

“It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness.”
    ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was created by myself Aljay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    aYPtjqM.png
    8W7st7e.png
    @BuildnShare I decided not to make a family for my build, as I don't have the Realm of Magic and needed wings for Tinkerbell. But I found that many people have made Peter Pan and Tinkerbell in the Gallery if anyone is looking :)
    @AlJay I love the treehouse build. I've been thinking of doing a "Punk Family Robinson" but I'm not yet sure how to pull it off.
    Thanks @wendyology Punk Family Robinson would be so cool!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top