Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I think I have all the claimed lots updated on the first page. Please let me know if I missed anyone! :)

Diner - @Talea12345
    Beauty Parlor/Barber - @AlJay
    Pet Shop - @iampes23
    Thrift Store - @AliSim19
    Toy Store - @SimTresa
    Library - @Taoron
    Spa/Sports/Pool Complex - @Devilariah
    School - @familysims
    Employment Agency - @RachelShennan
    Floral Gardens - @equuest
    Petting Zoo - @Mikkiness
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Im not quite sure I’ve got my head around the rationale of the neighbourhood challenge though - I clearly need to do some research but are we aiming to fill the whole of Newcrest between us so that people can down load a full BnS neighbourhood? (Can you even download a full map? I can’t think how that would work 🤔)

The basic idea is to provide enough whimsical lots and sims that players could download their favorites, and fill up a neighborhood to play in :) We could potentially provide a BnS Save File for people to download, but otherwise they can be found as a group on the gallery by searching #BnS128.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    WHOOHOOO!
    Mikkiness wrote: »
    Ahhh Whimsyville sounds so awesome! Can I do the Archeological dig site?

Also as far as second builds goes - will there be a full second round or just a 'I'm done what's next' kinda thing?

We probably won't do a full second round, so feel free to claim another lot once the sign-up period end and you finish your first lot :) With neighborhood projects in the past, we've moved it to a separate thread after the official time ends to allow people to work on adding to it as they feel inspired.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    Okay, sooooo.... I unexpectedly had the day off and started to build.... it's supposed to be a railroad dinner
    I feel like something is missing, but I have no ideas what. Any ideas?

48762698292_cc8bba2d67_b.jpg
    48762510206_e7a7f21065_b.jpg
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    @Talea12345

I'm loving what you've got so far!

As for what might be missing ... maybe either a fountain or a little kids play area?
    owEyOd7.png
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Can I reserve Ice Cream shop, even if I'm not sure I will actually have time to do it?
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

....and so it begins

K6bpiEn.png
    edited September 2019
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Okay, sooooo.... I unexpectedly had the day off and started to build.... it's supposed to be a railroad dinner

Maybe some big clocks, gears, etc (kind of steampunk flair?) Some landscaped statues & fountains? A more open-air feel (less fencing?) Just throwing out ideas - don't feel like you have to do any of these. Loving how your start on it is looking :)

psykt wrote: »
    Can I reserve Ice Cream shop, even if I'm not sure I will actually have time to do it?

Sure! Just let us know if it looks like you won't be able to finish it.

Taoron wrote: »

....and so it begins
    K6bpiEn.png

How clever! <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    I'd like to build an Art Studio on Twin Oracle Point! (My idea will need the 50x40 lot. :3 )
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    I am going to withdraw my request. I don’t want to take something and rob somebody else a chance if I get too busy and can’t finish it in time.

@BuildnShare thank you for the opportunity to showcase my café apartment as a just for fun entry.
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2019
    Just caught up with the entries I’d not seen seen yet - more wows!
    @SheriGR love it! That roof is fab - I realised early in my build that I hated my flat roofs but yours is an awesome solution (or is it rooves? Either way, other people’s look great but mine seemed awful so I ditched them!). Love the way you’ve carried the red throughout the whole build too, awesome work.

@AliSim19 Thank you for your kind and generous comments! I used to hate roofs (and still occasionally long for the days of 'auto-roofs' in Sims), but I have come to embrace them as part of the exterior design. When I look at it that way it feels more like an opportunity to enhance the building, so I have more motivation to address it. Anyway, thank you! <3
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019

....and so it begins

K6bpiEn.png

This just the kind of thing that we were looking for in this challenge! Thanks for sharing the picture, and I hope it inspires others! This looks awesome!

I had some ideas for you, but take whatever ideas you want to use. No pressure. I did like the suggestion of less fencing. It does look really cute as is. I think we are missing tracks and signs. Is there any in the game? Is there any other signs, maybe even a Sim crossing sign?Or can you make tracks(not just the outside rails but the cross ties in a few spots--not sure if Sims could even walk over them that way) with the fencing? If they are there, I just can't see them from the pics you posted :D and I apologize. Also, maybe the little top part on the caboose made from fencing or half walls? Maybe wooden siding or metal siding on the "box cars"? Again, it may just be that the pic does not show enough detail. :D
    Other than those few things that might add further interest, you are doing a great job!

iampes23 wrote: »

....and so it begins

K6bpiEn.png

This just the kind of thing that we were looking for in this challenge! Thanks for sharing the picture, and I hope it inspires others! This looks awesome!

Awesome! I'm psyched about this one.

• AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    The basic idea is to provide enough whimsical lots and sims that players could download their favorites, and fill up a neighborhood to play in :) We could potentially provide a BnS Save File for people to download, but otherwise they can be found as a group on the gallery by searching #BnS128.

Thank you @BuildnShare I get it now :)

I've played about building for an hour or so this evening, and then looked on forum....probably should have done it the other way around! My trial build turned into something totally different than Talea and Taoron so want to check - am I on the right track or shall I scrap and start again?

(btw, @Talea12345 and @Taoron - so clever! love them <3 )

tQUXq9o.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    @AliSim19

I've played about building for an hour or so this evening, and then looked on forum....probably should have done it the other way around! My trial build turned into something totally different than Talea and Taoron so want to check - am I on the right track or shall I scrap and start again?

tQUXq9o.png

I love your build! Please keep it the way it is! It is pretty whimsical, just in a different way to the ones we are building :)
    That is the interesting thing about these challenges - everyone interpretes things differently

@AliSim19

tQUXq9o.png

I love your build! Please keep it the way it is! It is pretty whimsical, just in a different way to the ones we are building :)
    That is the interesting thing about these challenges - everyone interpretes things differently

Indeed! I second that. That's like a Diner in Whoville. And who's more whimsical than Dr. Seuss? I love it. Now, if you can keep the Grinch from stealing the Roast Beast, you're good.
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Talea12345 @Taoron
    thank you both so much, for the supportive words and for the quick replies 😊 I just had ‘aw heck I got this totally wrong’ moment.....and I didn’t want to get it wrong with the awesome community build idea! On with the Whoville randomness haha
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    @BuildnShare I will do a church please. This looks like fun.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
    @Talea12345 @Taoron
    thank you both so much, for the supportive words and for the quick replies 😊 I just had ‘aw heck I got this totally wrong’ moment.....and I didn’t want to get it wrong with the awesome community build idea! On with the Whoville randomness haha

LOL WhooHoo! THank you for not taking offense to that. I'm a huge Dr. Suess fan, so that was a major compliment.

♫♪Welcome, welcome! Fah who rahmus!
    Welcome, welcome! Dah who dahmus!♫♪
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019
    @AliSim19: yes, they are right, that is a very whimsical build! Please don't redo it!

I am glad everyone is catching on. We have not done a community build like this in a very long time! It is great to see that people are still excited about building a community together! And the builds are so different and wonderful and fun! I love them all so far!
    ( I am not showing a picture, but so far my pet shop is going to be a bird cage. :D )

My only regrets are that the cities in Sims 4 are not bigger with more lots to chose to build on and that we cannot upload the whole town at the end.

If you are still having trouble with what may or may not be whimsical, think back to when you were small and maybe at the park, carnival, or amusement park. What fascinated you then because it was different than things you normally saw? Dr. Seuss is also a good inspiration! Maybe The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland, too.
    Ugh :/

Between a little work last night and what I did today I had everything basically done except plants/landscaping.

And then my game crashed.

Everything I did today completely vanished.

I'm so peeved.
    owEyOd7.png
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Hey, stuck for inspo on the employment agency so don't think I'll do it, might try again if it isn't reclaimed, but could I do the Wedding Shop instead?
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I would like to claim the art gallery/museum :)
    sJwZbwI.png

*dances* have more or less managed to catch up to where I was before the crash!

(am v glad about this, as the entirety of my Sunday is devoted to family related social stuff so this is all the time I have this weekend).

I'm still at the kinda bare-bones stage, but I have a functional lay-out again. Now I just have to whimsy it up and do decor+plants/landscaping. Probably going to wind up doing two versions - one CC free and one ... less so. Have a whole bunch of Bakie animated animals I'd love to include if I have time/energy.

(chickens. it's not a petting zoo without chickens.)
    owEyOd7.png
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    Restaurant/Bar:
    🍟Fast Food Joint🍔

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top