Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    glen1974 wrote: »
    I tend to agree with you @iampes23 that's why I wanted to put this out there. I think I was already losing sight of how it should be. Back to the drawing board methinks! That said I may continue with this as a separate project in conjunction with the current challenge. Many thanks for your input and also for yours @SimsIslandheart :)

I've had pinpointed out time that shuttered windows are usually only at the fro. Just wanted to warn you so you don't make the same mistake I did.

@TresaofPern If I remember correctly the suggestion from Build 'N' Share was because you ran out of money for landscaping. The suggestion on the windows was merely a way for you to get money for the landscaping and wasn't a steadfast rule.

True.
    image.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2018
    CHALLENGE #104 -UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: First time entering
    LOT: Riverside Roost
    LOT COST: Already owned
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost
    GALLERY COST: § 198.145
    TOTAL COST: § 198.145
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Saanvi and Luna liked the house as it was so they asked to maintain the main volumes and the existing architecture. In the front porch they asked for just one door to gain some space in the living. They also changed the windows and sliding color and renovated the interior completely. Now the house has a great flow for everyone. A basement was added with a pool, a sauna and laundry stuff. The side porch was also enlarged both floors and an open terrace was added upstairs to fit Faisal’s telescope. The twins and the girl rooms are downstairs. The twins will be soon toddlers and still have to learn how to use stairs. For the bigger siblings there are a lot of activities and stuff for skill building to keep their minds busy and think a little less in their loss.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @13Vader_
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: No Facebook
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: wsOnGyL.pngi0YoTqU.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
    edited October 2018
    @TresaofPern If I remember correctly the suggestion from Build 'N' Share was because you ran out of money for landscaping. The suggestion on the windows was merely a way for you to get money for the landscaping and wasn't a steadfast rule.

Thanks for that :) I was ready for some window changing and retaking a lot of pictures.
    Hi @BuildnShare I am wondering if I am straying too far from the guidelines. I've expanded the floorplan, changing the entire shape of the house and then changed all the sliding. I've removed windows and repositioned the front door. I am keeping all of this in the same original style and in keeping with the neighbourhood. Am I on track here or have I gone off on a tangent? (Sorry I've been away for a while and am a bit rusty)

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I mean...it sounds lovely, do you have a sneak peek we can look at? :3

LoL, Well here it is. I wouldnt normally do this as its very much a work in progress so please bear that in mind. Am I on track or is it back to the drawing board?
    [url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/CHKSBgZ.png[/img]"]CHKSBgZ.png[/url]

One thing I use to ask myself while building is... why are there stairs and a porch where there's no door, or... how would I enjoy a balcony if I can't get there? I Like to be realistic and imagine me in the building to see if there's a whole flowing situation going on.
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Hey everyone! So happy to be back to the forum and to building after taking the summer off.
    This is a great challenge and I got inspired right away and am pretty much done with my build. Still have to take all the pictures though, so it'll be a bit before I post everything. But since I was done with my build, I went ahead and looked at the entries so far and I am super impressed! I really enjoy all your different takes on the directions of this challenge. @13Vader yours was my favorite, your landscaping is just so on point! #lifegoals :) Will be looking forward to seeing the rest of the entries! Happy building!
    @ChaosSimmer86 Thank you for your words. I'm eager to see more entries too :)
    edited October 2018

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: First time entering
    HOUSEHOLD: Unexpected Arrivals
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Saanvi and Luna are ecstatic with the new arrivals, but not about the cause, though. They had just started talking about getting a family before the tragedy, so they were almost ready for them arriving. They liked the house before, but now they love it! The renovators managed to keep the style and were able to give each room its own personality and have created some safe and nice spaces for the two big siblings and the future toddlers.

Faisal and Nila are still devastated. Taking that in consideration, the house has plenty of equipment for entertainment and skill building. At least if they are busy they won’t go to dark places and feel so bad constantly. That doesn’t mean they have forgotten their parents. Faisal still searches for a star to put her mother’s name in the sky forever, and Nila is getting along pretty well with her new found auntie, she’s even wearing her hair as Saanvi does.

Luna is working in the culinary career as her aspiration is becoming a master chef. And Saanvi is in the painter career, her aspiration is becoming a painter extraordinaire. Both have developed some skills, but they are still down in their jobs levels. Faisal is a grade C student and Nila is a grade B student.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @13Vader_
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: No Facebook
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: cuUCUpd.jpgeYB0et5.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
  • thefairosethefairose Posts: 67 Member
    Hi, I'm looking to participate, however, due to some complications I can't upload to the gallery, would only having screenshots be okay? Is there a way to work around that complication? It's not an absolute train smash, I'm sure I could figure something else out! If I can't, would it be okay to post a slideshow and not participate in the competition, but to receive some constructive criticism? I absolutely understand if that is not viable, as I imagine the judges are quite busy. A few questions about the build, Are we allowed to change the windows and the doors? and the locations of those things?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    thefairose wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to participate, however, due to some complications I can't upload to the gallery, would only having screenshots be okay? Is there a way to work around that complication? It's not an absolute train smash, I'm sure I could figure something else out! If I can't, would it be okay to post a slideshow and not participate in the competition, but to receive some constructive criticism? I absolutely understand if that is not viable, as I imagine the judges are quite busy. A few questions about the build, Are we allowed to change the windows and the doors? and the locations of those things?

You can definitely change the windows and doors! Let me talk to the other challenge staff and see about getting an answer to your other questions :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    thefairose wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to participate, however, due to some complications I can't upload to the gallery, would only having screenshots be okay? Is there a way to work around that complication? It's not an absolute train smash, I'm sure I could figure something else out! If I can't, would it be okay to post a slideshow and not participate in the competition, but to receive some constructive criticism? I absolutely understand if that is not viable, as I imagine the judges are quite busy.

After talking it over, we couldn't find a way to let you officially compete without a gallery upload that would be both easy for the judges and fair to the other participants. If you'd like to share your build and receive feedback on it, you're welcome to enter "just for fun" :) You just wouldn't be eligible for an award.

If you'd like some help troubleshooting your game so that you can upload, someone here or elsewhere on the forum could probably help you out. Just let us know.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • thefairosethefairose Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you! I'll enter "Just for fun" Thank you so much for letting me!
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:sawdust
    ORIGIN ID:sawdust123
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Riverside Roost Reno
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: $168,800
    TOTAL COST: N/A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Outside the home has been given a fresh coat of paint with a bold modern colour and white trim. The planting of soft shades of pinks and blues has been kept simple so Saanvi and Luna can spend their time outside with the children and not working on the garden. Inside has been freshened with a modern cottage style. The first floor has been gutted to give an open living/dining/kitchen area with an overhaul on the family bathroom. French doors replace the old doors leading to the extended patio where seating provides an overlook to a child-centred enclosed garden complete with sand pit, swings and monkey bars. An undercover outdoor dining area allows for family and visitor get-togethers. The master bedroom has been relocated to the ground floor along with the addition of an en-suite. Upstairs has 3 spacious bedrooms each attuned to the specific interests of the children. There is also an updated family bathroom on this level. Downstairs the basement boasts a large media room with it's own kitchenette including popcorn machine. There is also a large utility room on this level including laundry and storage for seasonal decorations.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks.

fZaM4WY.png

9RoFeuo.png
    @sawdust That's a great reno. Loved the colors, the layout, the open plan and your slideshow is awesome. :)
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Great builds so far :D I can't pick a favorite yet :D
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BnS103 Dream a Little Dream - your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    I need to get a wriggle on but I swear I've changed the floor plan at least 20 times. I'm getting annoyed with myself but I'm finding this harder than I expected. Is anyone else?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    TinkPlays wrote: »
    I need to get a wriggle on but I swear I've changed the floor plan at least 20 times. I'm getting annoyed with myself but I'm finding this harder than I expected. Is anyone else?

I think I changed the kitchen plan about 3 times, and that was before I finally settled on an open layout. Still going back and forth about changing the windows or not. Haven't even really started on the rest of the house yet, unless you count some light fixtures and the dining table and chairs.
    image.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    TinkPlays wrote: »

Me... :( It is kinda hard... :# Now, I finally has decided how it should look like... but then, I'm too tired to continue with the interior.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited October 2018
    I've decorated some of the rooms downstairs and just keep juggling them around, but I haven't even thought about upstairs yet :s
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    FORUM ID: luimistelija
    ORIGIN ID: luimistelija
    LEVEL: first entry
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BCD9A325C8EA11E8894977C0F1EC7B3C?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=luimistelija&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2500
    GALLERY COST: 103,143
    TOTAL COST: 105,643
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/gWNFeYJ
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The house was kept rather similar on the outside, the upstairs was extended and a new balcony added. The porch and balcony at the side of the house were adjusted a little. The shutters and doors were painted black to create a brisk look. Since the area has no playground for children monkey bars and slide were added to the yard. The house now has four bedrooms (but can easily be turned into five bedrooms) and three bathrooms, two of which have a bathtub. Living room, kitchen and Saanvi & Luna's bedroom were redecorated keeping some of the original furniture. Twins have their bedroom and playroom downstairs, so they'll be easy to keep an eye on during the day. Having the other bedrooms upstairs allows Faisal and Nila some privacy and peace.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: @luimistelija

o3KeB0U.png
    rb23jFS.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Hello everyone! It's my first time here and I happened to luck out when landing on a reno task. Overall this was quite pleasant for me to do. I struggled quite a bit thinking how much I should change their home. I think I may have gone for some quite obvious choices with not many risks taken, but I hope it's okay. I'm unsure if having a mural fits the style of the house really, but for me it's very rare that a sim would have an option for mural painting in their home and when I spotted the place I just had to go for it.

Thought I would leave a little comment for other build entries. @iampes23 Two of my favourite things when browsing through the slide show: First the front view of the house looks very pretty and well balanced, second the picture from the twins' room with light blue bookshelf, dresser and ottoman, the paintings on the wall etc. I just love the flow in that one, nicely matched. @13Vader I was absolulutely blown away when seeing your landscaping, especially the red flowers climbing up the wall! I also loved the basement area with the sauna, pool and laundry room. First of all the idea of adding a basement and then the layout and all those details. @sawdust Aside of the thoughtful gifts to the family my attention was caught by the dining area outside which looked really nice. I also think you made good colour choices for their bedrooms (it's the colours they preferred of course, but the shades are beautiful).
    Thank, you @luimistelija. I think you did a great job upgrading the house too. I like that you kept a lot of furniture and walls the same, the kitchen open to the living-dining and the idea of two future bedrooms for the twins.
    edited October 2018
    FORUM ID: TinkPlays
    ORIGIN ID: TinkMagoo
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    GALLERY COST: 148,590
    TOTAL COST: 148,590
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/kJvtTdQ
    ENTRY DETAILS: We tried to keep the decor calm but warm and inviting for the family, with natural woods and cosy accessories. We used the colours the two older siblings said they liked most and made sure they had room for their activities. The kitchen is our favourite area and so far the family are enjoying that shared space the most. We've also made sure Faisal has his own space away from the younger children so he can relax, stargaze and quietly deal with his loss.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Will add to photos in album
    TUMBLR LINK: https://tumblr.com/blog/tink-plays

[img][/img]aESAV3Y.png
    [img][/img]cLOaWMF.png

Post edited by TinkPlays on
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS103 Dream a Little Dream - your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2018
    Currently finishing my house! I know it's the tenth of October so I hope I make it! Is the boy teenager? Or is it the shy girl who's the teenager? And I hope it's okay that I join?

Edit: It's the eight, lol, nevermind that.
    Post edited by psykt on
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top