Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @EEtheridge the cabinets were by for the toughest elements to place for me. But they are much better than they were in TS3. I love that you can stack more than one cabinet on top of another. But I could never get them to stack in the area over my bar, I'm guessing because there was no wall there. I may try adding a wall then removing it, but I'm afraid that will removed the cabinets too. I will definitely be playing around with them some more in future builds.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    Hi guys. we have decided on entry categories and they are as follows:
    Expert
    Shenice93
    Carewren123
    Greenowl
    OrangePlumbob
    Pinklady1
    Rostri- Jodu
    ahholladay
    masajo
    ByronyRae
    DieterPrivate
    BlackRoseBronwen

o.o I'm flattered that I got placed in Expert, I wouldn't have expected that out of myself. Oh boy, now I feel like I need to really step up to the challenge.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    ahholladay wrote: »
    MOO is here (in mod form, anyway) !!!!!!!!!!!!. That is the single thing I've most missed the most in Sims4 building/design. Even more than CASt, I think, and not having CASt is HUGE. Off to try it out in game... http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535846

Omg, excited! I wonder what happens if someone who doesn't have the mod downloads a lot you used it on? If it keeps things in the spot you put them in, that would be great and we could just warn people that if they move something they may not be able to put it back.

Unfortunately, the downloader does need the mod, or the objects will not remain overlapped. :\

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I've been put in the Established group? Wow. Thanks! :)
    I might not get an entry in for #2 but I sure have been lurking. Happy Simming!
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the downloader does need the mod, or the objects will not remain overlapped. :\

Shoot. I'll use it for any builds that I don't plan to share, but I guess I won't be using it on anything I upload to the gallery. :/

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Everyone's entries look amazing!
    I have my Sim done, and just finishing up the decorating and patio space of his Penthouse...it's been a fun challenge so far!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Twilanite wrote: »

I did challenge #1 and I am not listed? Did you overlook my entry? Its on page eight below conutrykris1play's entry. I'd like to see how I did. Thanks! ~Twilanite

Hey hon, apologies, we did have you down, looks like I just managed to miss you off the list somehow, after working 14 hours yesterday, I think my brain might have been a little mushed :blush:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PacifistBF3PacifistBF3 Posts: 6 New Member
    oh i wish I could share. But being "new" I have to get points to be a full on member. Too bad I have a great little lot I made.
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @PacifistBF3 you could still post your entry. Just when posting the link to you slideshow leave out the http
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @PacifistBF3 What @Carewren123 says :) if you have your entry, just fill out the entry form and where you place the link, paste the whole link and remove https:// and you will be fine :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Sweet, I'm in the "Established" category. :3 I guess that makes sense, since there's no "Weird Little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Who Kinda Know What They're Doing in a Not Really Sort of Way" category. XD
  • KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    Haha! I'm excited to be in the Starter group. I was planning on tagging myself as a beginner before the categories were removed. There are so many great builders, I'm just happy to be a part of the challenges. :-) Uploading pictures now for my submission.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Sweet, I'm in the "Established" category. :3 I guess that makes sense, since there's no "Weird Little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Who Kinda Know What They're Doing in a Not Really Sort of Way" category. XD

LOL That totally describes me. Congrats for the placement. That's where I am too. :D

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member

Starting
    Quelsimmy
    KitOnlyHuman
    Onikisu
    tribblet33
    Kinipeli1
    Lavende
    asphyxiateddoll
    Don_Oello
    Pammiechick
    KraftySim
    BarbieofBorg
    Twilanite

Established
    Davlan
    Benlow11
    celdys0n
    Rachel Rosebud
    Rawla
    HippieMama2
    Green-Girly100
    trashdocka
    SimsIslandheart
    Simhead70
    pixsidust2
    countrykris1play

Expert
    Shenice93
    Carewren123
    Greenowl
    OrangePlumbob
    Pinklady1
    Rostri- Jodu
    ahholladay
    masajo
    ByronyRae
    DieterPrivate
    BlackRoseBronwen

Keep in mind - these are our first impressions based on one build. With so many entries (woot!), we felt it was important to divide the field in some way, but it was very difficult to do with just one entry to go on. These are suggested entry categories going forward; and, if you have a win or two under your belt in one category, it's a good idea to challenge yourself by entering in a higher category in the future.

Also - we are currently working on feedback for each category and hope to have that up for each group very soon. With the Sims 3 Challenge still active as well as this one, we will be looking for some more behind-the-scenes people very soon. If you have a few spare hours each week and you enjoy these challenges, I'd encourage you to consider become involved with judging, organizing, or hosting. We look for people who have entered several challenges, are dependable, like to provide feedback, and are generally encouraging and friendly. More info on this to come after Challenge #2 :D
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have done many Sims 3 challenges and first and current challenge her for Sims 4. I would be willing to help out, I could do the organizing part. I am a very organized person. I would offer to judge, but I'm not good at writing a critique on someones work.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you SO much to everyone who gave me 'likes' and 'lols' so I could obtain member status again and post pics/links! VERY much appreciated. I tried to return to the favor too, but most had already gotten enough to be members again. Y'all are SO sweet!

I posted a thread with a link to what would have been my entry for Challenge #1 here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789136/englam-sim-properties-e-s-p#latest if anyone wants to take a look.

Good luck to everyone entering Challenge #2, I think I'll skip this round, but look forward to hopefully having time to enter Challenge #3. :) *Hugs*
    edited September 2014
    I posted my entry last night and the boards said my post had to be approved? Any idea what that's about?

SOLVED: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785356/your-comment-will-appear-after-it-is-approved-work-around
    Post edited by KraftySim on
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 2
    FORUM ID: KraftySim
    ORIGIN ID: KraftySim
    SIM: Douglas Curtis III
    LOT: Curtis Penthouse
    ENTRY DETAILS: Imagine this penthouse atop a historic Willow Creek apartment building overlooking downtown and the river. Step inside the grandiose lobby and enjoy a signature cocktail and live music before ascending to the top floor via the spacious elevator. Once you're inside the penthouse, travel vicariously through Mr. Curtis and his adventures as you admire his acquired archaeological antiquities. Watch the sunset as the party just begins on the spacious balcony. One can purchase this penthouse for only $149,932.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Maxis Plumbob Reward Lights

dc3-1_zpsd9e50c5a.jpg
    cp1_zps8485ff0c.jpg
    Post edited by KraftySim on
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2014
    You did really well @KraftySim! Hard to believe you are a Starter after this build

Will the winners announcement be next Wednesday then? @BuildnShare
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Weird....I keep trying to post my entry but it says it needs to be approved first!
    Sorry if there are suddenly three posts by me waiting to be approved, haha!
    Thank you, @celdys0n! I had fun, I never spent a lot of game time focusing on building previously. I'm enjoying it so far!

@misscbong, I was experiencing the same thing last night! Read this post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785356/your-comment-will-appear-after-it-is-approved-work-around
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 2
    FORUM ID: BlackRoseBronwen
    ORIGIN ID: blackrosebronwen
    SIM: Curtis III
    LOT: Timeless Penthouse
    ROOM: Timeless Balcony
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/BrMxC#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: Timeless Penthouse holds an old world charm on the outside and an array of styles on the inside. After all if your wealthy enough to live the high life, who says you have to settle for one thing? Includes: Master Suite, Office/Study, Two Spacious Halls to show off those works of art, relics, or what ever you'll obtain, Powder Room, Guest Bedroom w/Bath, Formal Dinning, Kitchen And A Large Living are with built in indoor atrium. This certainly nothing pent up about this penthouse. BALCONY IS A SEPARATE ROOM TO DOWNLOAD
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    @BlackRoseBronwen - wow!! It is all amazing but I think the atrium might be my favorite room. Very nice!
  • gamerrecordtvgamerrecordtv Posts: 63 Member
    I love challenges! :)
    @KraftySim Thank you very much! That was a fun room to build and completely frustrating with building the pattern on the ground. Also the fact that columns disappear when you are trying to take pictures was frustrating as well. I had to knock down some walls to get the pictures then put them back up again so you could see that feature.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top