Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    itguyinsc wrote: »
    Hello there! I must have overlooked this if you've already posted it, but can your entry be modified up until the deadline? If not, can you enter more than one build? I discovered wall coverings I've never used and it inspired a different exterior color combo I'd like to try. If the answer is, "no," that's ok too! Thanks for your time! :)

you can modify your build up until the deadline @itguyinsc - so go, have fun!!!

Thanks for the speedy reply. Please note I have changed the gallery download link and the picture link. THANKS!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Grey
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT LINK: Gallery Link
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Original Lot-Comfy Cubby. It's now called 29 Yin Yang Drive
    BUILD COST: $148,493
    TOTAL COST: $149,993
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This home has a Master Suite, Guest Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, Laundry room, Sauna, Deck and Sparkling Pool. Did I forget to mention WATERFALLS? Yes 29 Yin Yang Dr. has standing waterfalls and oozes romance galore!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes,Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC, used MOO
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:JecNiaa.png
    wXPgckn.png
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #92 - 50 Shades of Greys
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Gallery Link
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hannah and Reggie Gray met @ a Vegan Food Truck in San Myshuno. After sharing a few laughs, they learned that Hannah is German ,Food Critic and Reggie was the Jamaican, entrepreneur behind the healthy, online food delivery site called Couchpotatoes...and Let's just say it was Love at 1st Bite.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    KNVPBkd.png
    EAC4712.png
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited April 2018
    A question @BuildnShare , are these two items considered flowers or plants? Can they be used?
    qpV934s.png?5
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2018
    mannanna wrote: »
    A question @BuildnShare , are these two items considered flowers or plants? Can they be used?
    qpV934s.png?5

@mannanna , yes, you can use those. :smiley: They are both flowers and plants!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2018
    ATTENTION EVERYONE
    Hello all!! As we have had an influx of new entrants recently, we've added to the entry categories slightly, they now read (changes in italics):

LsXtJMe.png

Anyone new to BuildnShare should enter in the Starting Out category so that you can get a feel for what we look for in this challenge. We will advise you if you should move up a level.

Starting Out--I’m new to BuildnShare. I may have built a house or two, but I'm still figuring some things out. I would not call myself an official "builder" at this point. I may be good at one aspect of the competition (architecture, interior design, or landscaping) but I'm not as proficient in other areas. If you’re a first-time entrant in Build-n-Share, this is where we suggest you start. Challenge staff [or someone else in the BnS community] will generally let you know if you should change your entry to a higher level.

Established--I know the basic controls and maybe a little more. I have been building for a while and really enjoy it, but it still may not be a primary focus for my game.This is not my first building competition, and I may even have won or placed at a similar level. Established builders are expected to know a bit about the creative game options possible in all three aspects of the competition (architecture, interior design, and landscaping) and give equal attention to each area in their builds.

Expert--I know the Sims, and the Sims knows me. Building is probably where I spend most of my simming time. My name is familiar to a lot of veteran builders, and I've competed in and won some building/design challenges. I may even have received a Maxis Fave or two. I am comfortable with all the build mode options from roofing to deck shapes and everything in between. I also know all of the in-game “cheats” AND I know how to use them to maximum effect in my builds.

This will apply from #BnS92 and onwards.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I feel like I am somewhere in between Established and Expert. I only recently have been using some of the cheats besides MOO. I still feel I need more practice with my designing and landscaping. So I enter as Established.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @mannanna , yes, you can use those. :smiley: They are both flowers and plants!

Sweet!!! I love the look of them and wasn't sure since they're really green and not white flowers. :)

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Many wonderful entries for this challenge! I can't wait to upload my entry soon :)
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't feel like I'm ready to even come close to expert level just yet... I'm still learning - lots.. but one day.. i'll be happy to move up to that level... although not until I know it's where I can be and still feel comfortable with it :)

ps... I love all the builds that everyone does... they are so amazing and have things that I never would have thought of and it's just cool to be able to see all the wonderful works from everyone... especially the expert people... you can tell the difference.. they are really precise :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    I agree @maryjane2joe ! You can really see in some creativity in everyone's builds. I'm always borrowing ideas, or sparking my own idea off of something I see in someone elses build. I love it, it's so fun!

I also really tend to study the expert builders LOL
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    *hides eyes*

I'm not here! I'm not looking!

@BuildnShare Just had to give you guys a shoutout for the wonderful updates you've done to the thread! I loved the guide you set up for taking pictures, and I love the new "buttons" and the new structure on the front page! So much prettier and easier to see the information you want straight away!

I'm done with the exterior of my house and starting on the interior. Trying to avoid this thread as it is so darn intimidating with so many awesome creators joining in! This seems to be a popular challenge indeed!

I'll come back to have a closer look after I get mine done :joy:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Frosted Onyx
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Uhmmmm was Oak Alcove in Newcrest
    BUILD COST: §125,293
    TOTAL COST: §126,793
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: More pictures!
    ENTRY DETAILS: Well, it's 3 stories, 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bath (one on each floor, .5 on floor 1), and totally in black and white! Okay okay some grey in there, and also green plants xD. I really had fun doing this, and it stretched my creativity to the limit I think.
    It was really cool to do a color theme, and I hope we do this again!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DaiQy-KW0AErW99.jpg

DaiQ8YLX0AEMoVt.jpg
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Ainsleyf - I really like your living room design for BNS#92.
    edited April 2018
    Re-uploading
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Love the front page layout @BuildnShare. Very user friendly and inviting. <3
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Kokuhaku
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    BUILD COST: 140,986
    TOTAL COST: 142,486
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Kokuhaku Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kokuhaku (lit. means black and white in Japanese) is a 2-storey modern home that includes a basement and has several Japanese influences and attachments, such as wooden slats on windows and a zen garden. The home has two bedrooms with ensuites, an open-plan kitchen/living/dining area, a pool with a patio, a carport, a personal gym, and a guest lavatory.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4cJyjfP.png
    ec9cs5v.png
    @pronterus
    I love that brick wall you've got in the bedroom. Nice touch! Very nice build.
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    FORUM ID:KojiK
    ORIGIN ID:K0J1K
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Opalescent Gray
    LOT COST:$1,500
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    BUILD COST:$108,794
    TOTAL COST: $110,294
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: KojiK Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom modern styled urban home with an open concept first floor and a 2do Story en suite Master Bedroom
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, Moo
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

gEJjybz.png

kxf6Uwd.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    Hello,
    Can someone help me, please? how do you make a slideshow with imgur? and also, how do you give your gallery link a name? I uploaded my lot to the gallery, but it won't give me the link ( just an "oops" message occurs). i really want to add my entry.
    This shows how new i am to these contests.
    thanks for any help :)
    vdeaSb2.jpg
    Hello,
    Can someone help me, please? how do you make a slideshow with imgur? and also, how do you give your gallery link a name? I uploaded my lot to the gallery, but it won't give me the link ( just an "oops" message occurs). i really want to add my entry.

@Bolonkafrauchen To make a slideshow or album on imgur, just press the New Post button and upload all the pictures that you want to showcase. You can rearrange all of the pictures and add labels and titles to the pictures once everything has been uploaded. Hope this helps!

As for your link on the Gallery, I found it here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FEE5395F3ED711E887C438E726CE10E3
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Bolonkafrauchen Adding to pronterus response, if you go to the front page of the thread @BuildnShare has made a guide on how to make your album and helpful tips :wink:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    @pronterus and @Ninnster - thanks for your helpful tips to @Bolonkafrauchen!! We hope you have the answers you need @Bolonkafrauchen, if not please let us know how we can help.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    Hello,

This is what I do... which may be the same as others or different... not sure... but.... after I build whatever and then share to the gallery community... the window that pops up will then have a facebook icon at the bottom... I share to facebook.... when I go to my facebook and click on that link... it takes me to my build in the gallery... I then copy the link at the top in the address window... then I paste it here....

as far as imgur... I click on the.... make a new album... then I upload the pics that I want... while you have that album open... I copy the address at the top... then paste it here.... as far as individual pics.... on the pic in that album that you want to share here... click the icon arrow that says .... get shared links.... it'll pop up a box with four addresses... copy the one that says... BB Code (forums)

hope that helps.... as far as putting a name on the links like people do here.... I know it has to do with putting in a code in the addresses... but... I don't know that one yet either :)
    285JXDb.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS91 - BACK TO BASICS

Your results are now available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top