Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #83: A Townie Home
    FORUM ID: Pallypoo
    ORIGIN ID: Pallystyle
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Darling Dallas
    LOT COST: 6,000
    LOT NAME: Umbrage Manor
    BUILD COST:90,210
    TOTAL COST: 96,210 (When placed ingame it says it is 99,920. Maybe because of the paintings I have in it.)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/d60Nqa
    ENTRY DETAILS: I used the Dallas floor plan. I felt it had more space than the smaller one bedroom and I wanted to make the garage her art studio. I decorated in a colorful mid-century style and placed some art work I felt went with the style. I stuck to the floor plan as well as I could to get the same look. I did make one pantry a half bath as I felt it would be nice to have one close to her art studio. The 3 smaller bedrooms are sparsely furnished as I felt being a single sim, who was a loner, she would not have much use for them at the moment, and I wanted to spend most of her funds on the main parts of the house she would be living in. I did have the more expensive appliances but had to replace with cheaper ones but the color looks better in the home, so it worked out. I tried to keep in mind her loner trait so she only has a small dining table, but there are bar stools at the counter and a table outside if she ever feels like entertaining. I hope Miss Potts is happy here.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Bn_S83_h_1.png
    Bn_S83_h_6.png
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited November 2017
    Awesome looking Hope, @pallypoo!! Very cool room as well. Love the blue and orange. Haven't checked out your slide show yet, but the gallery shot is awesome. Nice curb appeal!!!

I build mine..the outside anyway..and I hate it. LOL. SO may try one of the smaller houses. I picked the first one and it seems really big for one person. Also, I'm not loving my roof. I'm very tempted to just put a giant rainbow dog poop on it to cover the bare spots. Would I get marked down for that??

• kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @FaithofKaela @Laebeth don't take the first one - too big for the budget ;)
    Isn't it harder to decide which style??? ... the mommy and daddy wooden style /the fluffy years / Space Age // (European or American style)/ Popart or other artmovements... That was a really hard decision for me :cold_sweat::D
    Oh wow...I have been having problems with images at home so I haven't been seeing all these awesome entries. Will have to check out everyone's slideshows as soon as I reload java or delete cookies, or whatever it is I have to do to get my images straightened out at home.
    @Ainsleyf do you still have problems to see the images?
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    kilra0 wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela @Laebeth don't take the first one - too big for the budget ;)
    Isn't it harder to decide which style??? ... the mommy and daddy wooden style /the fluffy years / Space Age // (European or American style)/ Popart or other artmovements... That was a really hard decision for me :cold_sweat::D

@kilra0 - Ummmm, yeah, I just tried, used up 20k just on the shell, with no doors/windows etc!! I've gone for the last one this time, let's see how this one turns out....
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @FaithofKaela ... sorry ... the warning came too late :# ... good luck on this one I sure it will turn out great! (I love this theme :) )
    @Ainsleyf Thank you! I know what you mean about the roofs. I was trying to do one of the others but the roof was looking bad! lol I may play around with it and see if I can make it work for practice. I might even finish that lot for fun with no budget! :D

Looking forward to seeing your build.

I really like what I have seen here so far, great work everyone!

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @FaithofKaela I think we have the same taste then, because I was between those same options, and while looking at them earlier today, I too was worried about the sheer size of the first one.. so I was already leaning towards the Mitchel Glen :p We can be building twinsies for this one!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Yeah...still having problems with images, but I did some research online and it seems I may just need to delete all my cookies and reload java. Here at work all the images are fine, but, difficult to look at too many without getting lost perusing and forgetting to get work done! As of this morning I also could still not get into the gallery in game so, fingers crossed.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela I think we have the same taste then, because I was between those same options, and while looking at them earlier today, I too was worried about the sheer size of the first one.. so I was already leaning towards the Mitchel Glen :p We can be building twinsies for this one!
    @Laebeth - awesome, I love seeing how people take on the same plans and the similarities and differences between them!!

Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Loving the entries so far. Currently working on the Mitchell Glen, couldn't let that one slip by! But have less than 7k left with 3 rooms and a garage to go.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2017
    ...Unusable areas are bit of a quandary when putting together a challenge of this type. You don't have to worry about including the unusable cupboards and pantries in your builds, as they are essentially 'wasted space'. We will update the brief with these details.

Oh, Yay! This is great news! I'm up to $80,000 on my build already and still need to do the bathroom, art room, lighting & deco in the kitchen and landscaping. Getting rid of all the stuff I put in the pantry, laundry and coat closet will help a lot. Thanks for the clarification! :)

BTW, I chose the Dunland and so far the hardest part has been fiddling with the vaulted ceiling. My trim kept disappearing on the outside, but I've figured out a solution. Having a ton of fun and I love everyone's entries so far. :)

• MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    FORUM ID: Mamajanaynay
    ORIGIN ID: Mamajanaynay
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/468595A0D52811E783ABF93919BFDC9A?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=the dallas&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 5,500
    LOT NAME: Park Shore
    BUILD COST: 86,954
    TOTAL COST: 92,454
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://ibb.co/album/ghoaAa
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose The Dallas (Plan #1247) because it offered separated area's for writing and creativity and the open single level floor layout, where if entertaining guests they can easily mingle about without walls being in the way of the kitchen and living area's and is adjacent to the back deck for more seating and BBQ. Two guest bedrooms should any guest be invited to spend more time or they can be used for an expanding family. The garage has been converted to a room for painting, practicing music or working at the wood carving station with ample wall space for displaying any masterpieces or wood work and a Study separate for the needed seclusion for any writer or work at home sim.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    11_28_17_3_37_58_PM.png

11_29_17_12_10_25_PM.png
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited November 2017
    FORUM ID: Abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT NAME: Mid Century Modern
    PLAN BUILT: The Dunland
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook 30 X 40
    BUILD COST: 97,003
    TOTAL COST: 100,003
    GALLERY: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4BEC5D8FD54611E783A597CC8DEE2583?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149417332@N07/albums/72157663172589758
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mid Century Modern is a cosy but spaceous home. Everything a single person will need is in this home. Enough space for parties and social events, and when the time comes and you plan on having a larger family, the 30x40 lot has enough room for building extensions.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC only MOO and SHO

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

MY8MpbH.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
    @Mamajanaynay and @abelhinha35 both of your entries look great! I think you have followed the floor plans well. :)<3

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @Pallypoo, you did very well with your builds too. :) Everyone is creating amazing builds. :)<3
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS82 - THE HAWTHORNE LEGACY - PART VI

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    @Pallypoo thank you! I agree @abelhinha35 everyone's entries are amazing :)<3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Gah! This is so frustrating. After seeing all these gorgeous entries from those who have the bowling GP with all the lovely Mid Century stuff, I'm realizing I can't compete against y'all with that. o.O Plus all the other packs I'm lacking. lol Especially those who've built the Dunland like I am. (@abelhinha35 for one, WOW!)

Bleh, darned 'ol toaster laptop. I'm still entering just for fun though I don't have a prayer. lol Just makes it more challenging for me and I love a challenge! ;)
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    > @Karababy52 said:
    > Gah! This is so frustrating. After seeing all these gorgeous entries from those who have the bowling GP with all the lovely Mid Century stuff, I'm realizing I can't compete against y'all with that. o.O Plus all the other packs I'm lacking. lol Especially those who've built the Dunland like I am. (@abelhinha35 for one, WOW!)
    >
    > Bleh, darned 'ol toaster laptop. I'm still entering just for fun though I don't have a prayer. lol Just makes it more challenging for me and I love a challenge! ;)

I feel that way too, I can't compete with people here xD! Very intimidating indeed.

I'll be trying to enter, time is a problem right now though.

Good luck everyone!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @kilra0 How did you make that little pond? I'm not to experienced building in TS4 and I'd love to know how to do that!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    edited December 2017
    Congrats again to @xraygrl2004, @mannanna and @Ainsleyf, you're creations have been showcased on all our social media outlets, twitter, facebook and tumblr. Your builds have also been nominated for Maxis fav's. Remember to share with us your tags so that we can mention you directly if you have any of the above accounts!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    And welcome to Build n Share @FidgetyAtom, if you're wondering how something is done, the best way to figure it out is to download the lot in question and take a look yourself!! But I'm sure @kilra0 will reply as to how they created that gorgeous little area.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited December 2017
    @kilra0 How did you make that little pond? I'm not to experienced building in TS4 and I'd love to know how to do that!

You turn on "bb.showhiddenobjects" & then search "unknown" in the item search bar below in objects by function.
    ALSO a very useful site for Simers: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top