Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Hey, guys!

I was just wondering if you’ve lost a judge for the Established level. I’ve done the last challenge but was sitting on it, waiting for my earlier submissions to be judged as there’s such a backlog, I didn’t want to add to it.

So now I’m wondering if I should even bother with this months. I understand judges have outside RL things to do but if it’s too much to judge by the end of this month I’ll skip it.

Thanks for all you do! 😌
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @pammiechick I believe a couple of the judges may be on vacation at the moment, but they have not forgotten anyone :smile: . You should definitely join this month's challenge if you are up for it! I use them as a monthly motivator to build something new, and its more fun for everyone when more people join.
    @pammiechick I believe a couple of the judges may be on vacation at the moment, but they have not forgotten anyone :smile: . You should definitely join this month's challenge if you are up for it! I use them as a monthly motivator to build something new, and its more fun for everyone when more people join.

Yeah…I’m going on vacation too…so we’ll see if I can do it.

Thanks for letting me know. ❤️❤️❤️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited July 2021
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 151

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: ? in Evergreen Harbor
    NEW LOT LINK: Modern & Contemporary
    LOT COST: 4000
    GALLERY COST: 45,649
    TOTAL COST: 49,649
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/151-summer-designer-showdown.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Situated in Evergreen Harbor, the Smith's home is a mixture of modern and contemporary design, with a palette of blue and green throughout. Fulfilling their dream house goals, there is both an indoor home gym and pool in the side yard. There's even a dedicated music room for Emily to practice in. The couple chose Evergreen Harbor because of its move toward healthier living, even if parts of the neighborhood are still in transition. For a health-conscious couple, it was important to have a clean environment. While there is some landscaping, the couple didn't want the outside of their home to look too "busy" and so went with minimal foliage to complement their modern and contemporary look.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    07-06-21-1-04-32-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 151: Summer Designer Showdown

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    HOUSEHOLD: Casey and Emily Smith
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/151-summer-designer-showdown.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casey and Emily Smith are a health-conscious and active couple. Casey is a strict vegetarian and loves to indulge in cooking her favorite foods. Emily is always on the move, whether it's on her bicycle or the treadmill. When she does finally settle down, it's usually to play one of her many musical instruments. Their favorite colors are blue and green, respectively, and they both love contemporary and modern décor.
    PICTURES:
    casey-and-emily-smith-short_orig.jpg
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 151: Living Room

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ROOM: Contemporary Living
    GALLERY COST: 8,777
    ENTRY DETAILS: This contemporary living room is small (due to the size of the rest of the house) but packed with comfort and activities. If watching TV isn't your jam, there is a bookcase for reading instead. In addition, there's a small office space in the corner to ensure productivity is paired with your relaxation.
    PICTURES:
    contemporary-living_orig.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Great job on this @icanhassims !
    I started my home for the same family today and apparently my standards are too high, because I already ran out of money :s Back to the drawing board...
    @AlJay thank you! I had the same problem and had to reduce by $10k when I accidentally went over budget. That was a nightmare.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #149 - The Hawthorne Project XII
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    So I started working on my lot. Spent a good half-hour figuring out the shape of the house and then remembered that, oh yeah, this challenge already has a shell for a starting point.

This is fine. :,)
    So I started working on my lot. Spent a good half-hour figuring out the shape of the house and then remembered that, oh yeah, this challenge already has a shell for a starting point.

This is fine. :,)

Lol! I've done that before! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

ROOM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #151 – Summer Designer Showdown

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

ROOM: Boho Bonding (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/09AB7BE5E13B11EB837DC0B26CC30691 )

GALLERY COST: § 14,988

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/656306640617865216/boho-bonding

ENTRY DETAILS:

To keep both Ricardo and Zahra Vargas happy, I chose to use simple mission-style furniture but jazzed things up with colourful, boho-style décor and accent pieces.

I also added some bookshelves and a desk where the Vargases can do some reading and writing at.

Finally, I created a cosy area for the little Vargases to play in.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

TWITTER TAG: N/A

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

050a6fb053b28ef2336c21d2b1187d7b97dfae95.jpg

6c55b1f6f208475497d0decabce732171f21c213.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png

Because this challenge is about building your sims' dream homes, your budget has been increased to make that easier.
    The new amounts are:
    Smith: $65,000
    Vargas: $170,000
    Larson: $180,000
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Yay!!! Thank you :)
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Ll71I0W.png

Because this challenge is about building your sims' dream homes, your budget has been increased to make that easier.
    The new amounts are:

I’m done (with 100,000) and I also posted. :(
    It’s a huge difference to rebuild the whole lot.
    Ll71I0W.png

The new amounts are:

YUSSS!

I just paired mine down and was upset by that sooooo...i can't wait to put all the stuff back~!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited July 2021
    Ll71I0W.png

The new amounts are:

We won’t be docked points for not using the full budget if our builds adhere to the original budget, right? I uploaded mine to the gallery before the budget was changed.
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #150 - Before and After
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ll71I0W.png

The new amounts are:

We won’t be docked points for not using the full budget if our builds adhere to the original budget, right? I uploaded mine to the gallery before the budget was changed.

No you won't be docked points, don't worry!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #151 – Summer Designer Showdown

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cacti Casa

NEW LOT LINK: Vargas Villa (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8592883BE95711EB87C9486C5771AD1E)

LOT COST: § 3,500

GALLERY COST: § 166,462

TOTAL COST: § 169,962

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/657236523125784576/vargas-villa

ENTRY DETAILS:

I decided on a mission-style house for the Vargases as I thought that it would fit both Ricardo’s preference for mission-style furniture and Zahra’s boho tastes.

This 3-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom house provides plenty of room for the Vargases’ growing family.

Containing a pool and a play area, the enclosed yard at the rear of the house allows the family to fully enjoy the great outdoors.

TWITTER TAG: N/A

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

a99bb6b1886966244d33bcd46f1b48337e823c19.jpg

c87bd27c22207cf51028c56ee3a4a5beb224c63c.jpg
    CHALLENGE #151 - Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dusty Turf in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Modern Healthy Living
    LOT COST: $3,500.00
    GALLERY COST: $61,472.00
    TOTAL COST: $64,972.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #151 - Summer Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have chosen to build a modern contemporary home for Casey and Emily Smith . I have kept the exterior shell of the original home the same. I have just removed the roof and decorative dormers, replacing them with a more modern style, adding a carport and a gym. The interior of the home is decorated with whites and blues, has a chef's kitchen for the couple to enjoy and a 5 piece bathroom for convenience. The home has nearly a full wall of windows and doors to enjoy easy access and views to the back yard. The back yard has many places for seating and dining. The couple will be sure to enjoy some back yard parties here. The pool boasts a sunken seating area in the middle as well as a waterfall wall. The gym has sliding doors/walls that are open to enjoy the view and the breeze. There is also a vegetable garden for the couple to enjoy gardening and using fresh herbs and vegetables in their cooking.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vtlrxL5.png
    zmu8TFy.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Beech Byway
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/51D184CADDE411EB828A6EA8212881BB?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $47926
    TOTAL COST: $49926
    CC- None
    Constructive Criticism- Yes please
    Link to NEW ENTRY- https://imgur.com/a/22cwRGy

Description-
    The new couple Em and Casey were looking for the dream starter home to start out their lives together. They are a very active couple who likes to workout together, and meal prep healthy meals. They enjoy contemporary style, with greens and blues being their favorite colors. This home fits into all of their wants and needs for a starter home. The main floor has a semi open concept design, with each area having a designated function. Upstairs only has one bedroom, with a attic reading nook bonus space.

Pnhz0Xy.png
    n0qRncm.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Casey & Emily Smith (I will add the link when the gallery cooperates)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #151 - Sim Challenge
    ENTRY DETAILS: Casey & Emily Smith are a fun, active young couple who enjoy healthy living. Casey is currently employed at the Hospital. He is a good person, loves to dance and enjoys good food. His life dream is to become a master chef. Emily is currently unemployed but spends her days doing anything involving fitness, music, and gardening. She is active, musical, and loves food almost as much as Casey. Her life goal is to be a strong athlete.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i9nCzU4.png
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited July 2021
    FORUM ID: Clousinators
    ORIGIN ID: Clousinators
    LEVEL: If it is the same as the building level then Expert, if it is unrelated to the building level then Established
    HOUSEHOLD: The Larson Family
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Larson Family Pictures
    ENTRY DETAILS: When Jamie's sister and brother-in-law unexpectedly passed away she knew instantly that she needed to be there for her nieces and nephews. Luckily her husband Pat was completely on board. Together they will take on the challenge of raising 4 kids of all different ages and with 4 different interests.
    I was unsure how to get the family tree the right way in CAS so I made everyone in the prompt and the parents of the kids. This way everyone has the right relationship (aunt, uncle, etc) and the kids will look alike.
    Jenny Leone (Kids' mother, sister to Jamie)- perfectionist, cheerful, family oriented.
    Leo Leone (Kids' father, husband to Jenny)- creative, good, cheerful.

Jamie Larson- Family Oriented, Foodie, Neat (Aspiration: Master Chef)
    Pat Larson- Family Oriented, Foodie, Perfectionist (Aspiration: Botanist)
    I thought perfectionist and neat might be a fun twist with a house full of kids

Leo Jr. -Athletic and cheerful (hobby: basketball)
    Lindsay- geek (hobby: video games)
    Julie- Angelic (hobby: arts and crafts)
    Jaiden - infant. (hobby: woodworking)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    TWITTER TAG: mere5915
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Ln1hUsw.png
    Post edited by Clousinators on
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Arid Ridge
    NEW LOT LINK: Azalea Casa
    LOT COST: 5,500
    GALLERY COST: 94,491. It says 93,991 on the gallery, but I believe that is incorrect because I had to reupload the build so items may have depreciated.
    TOTAL COST: 99,991
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Azalea Casa is a home built with the Vargas couple and their growing family in mind. It is spacious, child-friendly, and boasts a lovely backyard for everyone to use.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    PlbHHEi.png
    0dtjaEQ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top