Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @Talea12345 ,

Great build - you just threw together...Wow ~ Wonderful.

Enjoy your vacation !

I am busy, so I am stepping down from this Challenge.

But I will be watching ! ;)

Diane Pinkus

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    mallissah wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I'm not sure how to build the lot without including the collections while building it. Can we spend the full 200,000 on the building and lot, but include the collections as "freebies" since he already has them? Or should I just hashtag the lot without the collections?

The collectibles are included in the budget as it would be hard to separate out the cost of all of them. They do need to be in the museum when you upload the lot.
    image.png
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Talea12345 Lovely build, a classic museum layout! I especially like the skull room.
    I'm still working on playing up Alexander, but in the meantime here's my room entry "Gem Adventure"!

FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ACD8C5DCC8CE11E9802A3A1BE21D5EF6?
    GALLERY COST: 29,927
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Zzfkj8J
    ENTRY DETAILS: This immersive display is designed to make a museum goer feel like they are off on an adventure with Alexander. Grouping several collections together: metals, geodes, crystals, space rocks and magic beans.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

swOy2yL.png
    qS5ZDvI.png
    Here's my entry for the build, "Alexander's Collections."

FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Affluista Mansion (The Landgraab family moved to a more traditional home)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4ADE76CDC8DD11E985FC2494C5C427A6

LOT COST: 10,000
    GALLERY COST: 180,496
    TOTAL COST: 190,496

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/isRAxtZ

ENTRY DETAILS: The architect was unsure what style to go with until she saw a picture of Alexander dressed as a Roman Legionnaire. This ancient Mediteranean style build blends in with arid climates. The Sculpture Hall also has an exhibit of Simstagram prints, with snow globes in the gift shop. There's an ancient clothing exhibit. The War Room houses ornamented skulls. Finally, the premier room is the Gem Adventure which displays: metals, geodes, crystals, space rocks and magic beans.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!

Street view:
    nZ1Ts3n.png

KvxtUzD.png
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #126 - The Collection
    FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: Taoron24121
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead - Willow Creek 50x50
    NEW LOT LINK: [url=" https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3C895652C90D11E98BB0FEC1E351F12F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=taoron24121&max=50&maxis=false"]HERE[/url]
    LOT COST: $10k (attempted to move it and it kept killing my basement.
    GALLERY COST: $189, 649
    TOTAL COST: $199,649
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://imgur.com/a/fkWRRms
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went with an American Colonial Design for my Building. Like my first build, I am uploading early to prevent myself from adding more of what I want to do with it and having to delete things =) . The main museum area and bathrooms are located downstairs, with a food court, ticket counter and gift shop on the main floor. The museum has collections of Aliens, Elements, Metals, Space Prints and Space Rocks and since he was going to look at a shipwreck, I dedicated a section to treasure hunting in the sea and fishing, with the fish colection.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure (keep in mind I ran out of money again. My cirtisism for me...Think smaller and stay in budget)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

7sA3MGt.png
    gmIIRiE.png
    @Taoron Nice classic Colonial. I think my favorite room is the Alien Funerary, a unique concept!
    I had better lighting in there too. More of a subdued green. Not sure why it wasn't showing up. I'm glad you enjoyed that. =)
    Now that it's uploaded, I'm pulling that gift shop out and adding in another exhibit there, if I can make it work and adding the 2nd lower level back and doing more displays of Art, Furniture, Clothing, Weapons, Pottery and a Children's area for Art Projects, plus a Cafeteria and a bigger Gift shop. I'm almost tempted to CC it and make that lower level Colinial based, like the building itself. (which I stole from Colonial Williamsburg) =)
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    Anyone else doing the plant collection? because I'm grafting stuff together to conserve space and man it takes forever. Absolutely worth it tho.
    Anyone else doing the plant collection? because I'm grafting stuff together to conserve space and man it takes forever. Absolutely worth it tho.

You can always get the plants for the gallery to save time...
    image.png
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    Anyone else close to the 200,000 maximum with their collections alone? Each of the Omiscan treasures are between 6,000 and 8,000 and there's 13 of them - that's around half the budget. The full plant collection has an over 72,000 price tag, and that's with spliced plants. Probably should have checked those price tags before spending so much time on gardening and archeology.

Ah well. I think I'm out of the build challenge, but I may still be up for the room challenge.
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    My unofficial entry > u <
    I went way over-budget so I'm not officially entering lol.
    I haven't built in a bit and was very inspired by this prompt. Thanks for the challenge!

Sims 4 Gallery Link
    IMGR Gallery Link

LPC5whD.png
    QxBQH2G.png

ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    Anyone else close to the 200,000 maximum with their collections alone? Each of the Omiscan treasures are between 6,000 and 8,000 and there's 13 of them - that's around half the budget. The full plant collection has an over 72,000 price tag, and that's with spliced plants. Probably should have checked those price tags before spending so much time on gardening and archeology.

Ah well. I think I'm out of the build challenge, but I may still be up for the room challenge.

I removed the Omsican treasures from mine and avoided the plants, so I'm actually still well under budget. You can try different ones.
    image.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @OccipitalLobe
    Maybe don’t display the whole collection?
    I’ve got enough full collections in my museum to satisfy the challenge criteria so for some of my displays they are partial collections......eg only one example of an Omiscan Plate and the frog thing, and my fish display is ‘every Sulani fish’ rather than every fish in the game
    edited September 2019
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: It’s a Good House, Brindleton Bay 40x40
    NEW LOT LINK: The Benedict Museum, cc ticked
    LOT COST: $3,500
    GALLERY COST: $195,323
    TOTAL COST: $198,823
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/1meUKJg
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Benedict Museum houses Alexander Benedict’s 15 full collections and his 7 partially completed ones. It has five separate Galleries, a mini food court, gift shop and gardens. This museum isn’t only about the collections though – Mr Benedict is such a famous and intrepid explorer that he’s an attraction in his own right, so throughout the museum there are photographs of Alex on his adventures around the world. (Thought I’d put my photography practice to good use!)

Most of the smaller museums in the towns around my area of northern England are housed in beautiful Grade II listed Victorian buildings and many have lovely gardens attached, so my architecture choice was an easy one. Despite the traditional exteriors these museums do a great job of making the Galleries modern & interesting, so I tried to do that too. My home town museum has an fairly dire aquarium/vivarium in the basement which I think has been the same since around 1940 and, despite how awful it was, I used to love it when I was small and then my kids spent hours (and hours and painful hours) in there too….so that got included too - although mine is much cleaner and prettier ;)
    My biggest learning curve in this challenge came from using coloured lighting for the first time to create atmosphere in the different galleries - and then playing around for hours to get the exhibits to show clearly in the screenshots for the slide show without killing the lighting effect I'd got in game. It's amazing how much difference which light you can use makes. I think I'm having as much fun with learning to take half decent screenshots as am with the actual building! Another great challenge, thank you :)

In case it doesn’t translate continents well…. a Grade 2 listed building is defined as a UK building or structure that is "of special interest, warranting every effort to preserve it". A listed building may not be demolished, extended, or altered without special permission from the local planning authority.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: ATS4 & MLys, Simcredible, BuffSumm, inabadromance, TheJim07. Very little cc compared to normal for me
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    xHoO1NL.png
    6ENa2fX.png
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
    I don't like to look at other submissions until I've got mine finished that so I don't accidentally steal get ideas from your builds so I've just caught up with what's been going on....

@Talea12345 Can't believe you just threw that up before dashing off on hols, what a great build B)
    @wendyology I think I'd be sat outside all day looking at your imposing Roman architecture, love it! Love the crystal vein idea too
    @Taoron I wouldn't have known the name of the style but that impressive frontage looks so grand, it's perfect for a museum :)
    @undressyourbones Beautiful, just beautiful!! Really amazing work....it's just so pretty and elegant, thank you for sharing even though you went over budget <3
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @AliSim19 I know what you mean, I'm exactly the same way :D Thank you!!
    Love your build! The angle of your first picture makes it actually looks so realistic O A O I love how you've done the roofing.
    That's always the hardest part for me. And how you included an 'old photo' how cool! Inside is just as beautiful and detailed as the outside. * o *
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    Thanks, @AliSim19 I just recently went to Colonial Williamsburg for an extended weekend, with my wife, so I natually thought of the Rockefeller Museum there, first. I'm not thrilled with the build, as I ran out of money pretty quickly, but I do plan to gut it, and finish it, the way it was in my head. I really need to plan better, for a budget.
    @Taoron I know what you mean - I abandoned the whole basement at one point.....then remembered I’d put a wishing well in the garden ready for placement, bye bye 7.5k wishing well & welcome back basement haha.
    You got some great ideas for galleries in despite running out of money though, love the Sea Exhibit and the Alien ones (which are also kind of creepy!) although your ideas for extras sound fun too, good luck 😊
    Thank you @undressyourbones 😊
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    @Taoron I know what you mean - I abandoned the whole basement at one point.....then remembered I’d put a wishing well in the garden ready for placement, bye bye 7.5k wishing well & welcome back basement haha.
    You got some great ideas for galleries in despite running out of money though, love the Sea Exhibit and the Alien ones (which are also kind of creepy!) although your ideas for extras sound fun too, good luck 😊

Thanks. That is muchly appreciated.

I did want to do landscaping and put a 2nd lower basement with a cafeteria, a larger gift shop and a children's learning/craft area. If I was still using mods, I would wipe out all of the collections and do sections with American Colonial Pottery, Furniture, Artwork (which I still can do NoCC), Weapons, Toys...the whole works on 17th-18th Century America. So, I may make some Early American Art works and do the rest I mentioned above.

LOL Creepy isn't bad. lol No different than Mummies. :P Creepy is that I am working on an H.H. Holmes museum too. =)
    edited September 2019
    @AliSim19 Such a pretty building. I feel you on the budget, there are so many ideas I couldn't get to and keep it under 200k.

My museum courtyard was inspired by the NYC public library (think the lions from the original Ghostbusters.) There's a wonderful outdoor area where you can just relax and watch people. In particular someone doing a photo shoot on the steps featuring a guy in a gorilla suit holding a red balloon.

Proof:
    DPyLI6d.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: The Relex
    LOT COST: $12,000.00
    GALLERY COST: $186,563.00
    TOTAL COST:$198,563
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/SF6XBJc
    ENTRY DETAILS:Welcome to "The Relex" A museum designed to hold Alexander Benedict's collections from his many adventures. The name is meant to reflect what you will enjoy inside. Many RELics, EXhibits, and creatures of EXtinction. The museum filled with treasure for the whole family to enjoy. Bugs, fossils, decorative eggs, precious stones and temple treasures for your viewing pleasure. A playground and dinosaur fossil digging area for the children to enjoy. An outdoor food court, painting class and even a romantic garden. There is also a magic bean portal tree on display.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:all nocc artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    85qeQd0.png
    vp9lQeD.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: The Collector
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/n0zcLVj
    ENTRY DETAILS: Alexander Benedict - a famous explorer who has traveled the world and has found many treasures over the years. He is an elder and his life goal is to be a collector, he loves the outdoors, reading, and is ambitious. He is a master at archaeology and with the local culture as well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    qg6oh8R.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top