March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D279D98B582C11E8816E11D77608EF1A
    LOT COST: §2,000
    LOT NAME: Dock Den in Windenburg
    BUILD COST: §27,997
    TOTAL COST: §29,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4cNrd94
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome Home Hermey!! With the help of the Hawthorne Project, I present your new home, well, technically it's two containers, but I think you'll like what I've created for you. It's a one bedroom, one bathroom home, decorated in muted tones, I know you've had enough of bright colours. There are plenty of items to help you build the skills you'll need to progress in life away from the Toy Factory.
    The front garden, complete with some perfect plants, I wanted this area to blend in with its surroundings, so it's nice and natural.
    (note: the custom black and white prints are not included with the gallery build, they mark the lot as modded :frowning:)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always!!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, but MOO, IGUE and SHO have been used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

CykUzLA.png

vxMJawt.png
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LOT: Shoreline Cabin
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Bedlington Boathouse
    BUILD COST: §28,464
    TOTAL COST: §29,964
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/C435HZXqdh2ybkwP8
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dear Hermey,
    Make no mistake about the appearance of its austere facade with its sturdy door, this cabin made with barn planks is completely and literally open to the sea. What is better than living by the sea? To live on the beach!
    Feel the breeze and the taste of salt in the air, the sun and calm, only hearing the breaking of the waves, and the sound of seagulls.
    Do not worry about security, Brindleton Bay is a very quiet village with lovely and friendly people.

In this open-plan cabin all the furniture and decoration has been made by local artisans, and they have the typical style of Brindleton Bay. The guitar and bedside tables are made with driftwood. The curtains were made with boat sails. The bed is made with the imported trunks of Granite Falls that are used to build the masts. I chose a deep sea-colored bedspread for it.
    In the bedroom you also have a large built-in wardrobe, taking advantage of the space lost by the inclination of the roofs.
    Adjacent to the bedroom is the space for exercise or painting, it depends on what you want when you get up!
    Up there you have lots of light and good views to the left and right to capture on your canvases.

No backyard, I know, the lot is small, but there are some majestic palm trees and ferns on the sides of the house and enough space for you to grow your own vegetables and fruits. Also, who needs a backyard, if you have all the beach and a beautiful lanai?
    I was inspired by the Hawaiian lanai to build yours. From there starts the staircase that accesses the upper floor.
    As you can see, it is very spacious and designed for relaxation. You can eat outside, sit and chat with friends, play chess, have a drink, take a dip in the pool, or just contemplate the sea or the stars at night.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course! I always learn from them.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No, only MOO and Debug
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

13-05-2018_11-12-41.jpg

13-05-2018_10-33-56.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

I´m in love with all the pretty, lovely and so different houses in this challenge! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @FaithofKaela - there is just one pic in your imgur file. Thought I would mention it so you could fix it. Thanks :)
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne
    LEVEL: Established

LOT: Seabreeze Paradise

LOT COST: §2000
    LOT NAME: Pier Palace
    BUILD COST: §27.944
    TOTAL COST: §29.944

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow for Seabreeze Paradise

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Seabreeze Paradise has been tailor made to fit Hermeys every need. Light and airy, bright and sunny, this former beachside barn has become a splended, sleek, modern home. Totally designed to let in every last drop of sunlight, Hermey never has to fear dark, cold days again. Here, he can feel the warm breeze on his face, even while cooking dinner or reading by the fireplace (because even on a warm night, a fireplace is just the right thing to make you feel at home). Because Hermey expressed his dream of becomming a dentist, we felt white would be the perfect color for his home. It accentuates the natural light, makes this house feel fresh like morning dew and looks as bright as those pearly whites. Now he can finally sip those cocktails by the pool, enjoy the lush palmtrees, harvest his own fruits and veggies, play the violin and watch the sun rise and set on his very own piece of paradise.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    p1nQ1TA.png
    JBOMw7W.png?1
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    edited May 2018
    @linday - just wanted to say congrats! Just saw you got a Maxis fav for your Green Island Commune for the #BNS93 Age of Aquarius build. Woot! Congrats!
    maxis_green_island_commune.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @FaithofKaela - there is just one pic in your imgur file. Thought I would mention it so you could fix it. Thanks :)

How on earth did I manage that? Many thanks for the heads up sweetie, all fixed now :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    You beat us to it @SoulGal7!!!

Congratulations @linday for your first Maxis Favourite :star::star::star:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    Thank you so much, @SoulGal7 and @BuildnShare!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats @linday for your Maxis Fav!
    Woot for me too, I have had problems with my laptop for days but now it seems to boot up fine. Big smile :) If I hurry maybe I will have time to enter this challenge.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    FORUM ID: Lebanna
    ORIGIN ID: Annabelli_22
    LOT: To the gallery!
    LOT NAME: Pebble thingy
    BUILD COST: §28,465
    TOTAL COST: §29,965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjJYTFG
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to Casa del Sol. Named after your wish to stay in a warmer place! It has palmtrees, a pool! a place to lounge with your cocktail by said pool. Various plants in the garden, but not too many, they would probably die in the climate.
    A seating area to get out of the sun. Chess table not to be missed (which I almost did forget...)
    There are veggies planted in the yard, but again, not too many, I believe you are just starting out with gardening, so give it time to grow.
    An easel to take in the view (which is stunning on that lot). A seating area on the front porch as well, to just look at the people walking by.
    Inside there's a living/kitching, a bathroom, a study for you to get your dentist degree. A calm and cool bedroom. And most of all, no green or red themes!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always appreciated
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC or mods, just Move objects on.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    27284031497_9f87d509b7_h.jpg
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    I love how different everyone's style is for this challenge! So many variations to the same brief. I just love it!

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII -
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AA627BE6594111E88229352E1CD6D76E
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere (Windenburg)
    BUILD COST: $27,509
    TOTAL COST: $29,009
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.slideshare.net/artistbettyanne/bns94-the-hawthorne-project-viii-hermeys-hideaway
    ENTRY DETAILS: This sunny starter home is the perfect place for anyone looking to escape the cold confines of factory drudgery and The Man. The semi-open layout gives privacy and focus when you need it but lots of light to uplift your spirit. The spacious walk-out bedroom is your doorway to relaxing evenings in the sun. The warm and sunny one-bedroom, one-bath layout leaves plenty of room for a single person to expand, or for someone to establish themselves and start a family! Included activity amenities include exercise equipment for both the body and mind, a relaxing swimming pool with a view of the ocean, a gardening plot to make your own, and the basics for mastering the culinary arts. (As the slideshow demonstrates, Hermey not only made himself right at home, he married the lovely Candy Behr and had a child with her named Summer! The three of them enjoy the house as it is, but I had to take Summer's bed out for the photos, because it's obviously not part of the original build, and this happy family will need more room very soon! Summer's Independent nature, Candy's successful Entertainer career, and Hermey's many hobbies are pushing the limits of the lot!)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any feedback!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: cPwYPbc.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    edited May 2018
    @BuildnShare I don't have time to get my slideshow in order until tonight and I don't know if it will be before the deadline. So...if I don't, this will be an unofficial entry. I hope that's okay.

FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LOT: Escape from the Cold
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: §28,420
    TOTAL COST: §29,920
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/19FCUjq
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to give Hermey so much but his budget was so tight! Fun challenge as always!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely! :)

q8xk3Zu.png
    awslHJ1.png
    Post edited by mannanna on
    Lebanna wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Lebanna
    ORIGIN ID: Annabelli_22
    LOT: To the gallery!
    LOT NAME: Pebble thingy
    BUILD COST: §28,465
    TOTAL COST: §29,965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjJYTFG
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to Casa del Sol. Named after your wish to stay in a warmer place! It has palmtrees, a pool! a place to lounge with your cocktail by said pool. Various plants in the garden, but not too many, they would probably die in the climate.
    A seating area to get out of the sun. Chess table not to be missed (which I almost did forget...)
    There are veggies planted in the yard, but again, not too many, I believe you are just starting out with gardening, so give it time to grow.
    An easel to take in the view (which is stunning on that lot). A seating area on the front porch as well, to just look at the people walking by.
    Inside there's a living/kitching, a bathroom, a study for you to get your dentist degree. A calm and cool bedroom. And most of all, no green or red themes!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always appreciated
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC or mods, just Move objects on.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    27284031497_9f87d509b7_h.jpg

@Lebanna - Do you mean Pebble Burrow?? :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII -
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EA2277A6594911E88FBD53122EDD2A5B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Agave Abode, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: 28,498
    TOTAL COST: 29,998
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/W6v1rL8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hermey has traded pine needles for cactus needles. 516 Hawthorne Way features low maintenance desert landscaping (gravel), cool stained concrete floors throughout and raised garden beds, that will get the morning sun, but not the hot afternoon sun. The home isn't fancy, but it has the basic needs for a desert dweller to live in comfort.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Dm4gvAO.png
    9rgUOP6.png
    @BuildnShare I do. haha meant to look it up before submitting XD

5nd1sli.png
    That's right folks, challenge #BnS94 is now officially closed.

Good luck to all who entered!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

x1t9XhY.png

The intercom buzzes and Karl’s voice on the other end sounds odd. Not frightened, more… in awe?

“There are some… people here for you?”

Was that a question? “Well, go ahead and schedule an appointment. I think next week is free-“

“I think you need to see this for yourself,” she whispers.

You head out to the lobby to find out what could possibly have your secretary in such a state. There are three large men in black suits and sunglasses with radios in their ears. You wonder if this is a prank, they look straight out of some government conspiracy movie. You aren’t entirely sure which one is in charge so you simply address them as a group.

“Good morning, gentlemen. What can I do for you?”

One looks around the room before talking into a hidden microphone. “It’s all clear.”

You are certainly seeing why Karl was a little overwhelmed. Just then a very professional-looking woman enters carrying a briefcase and followed by another man in a suit. She walks up and offers her hand, which you take politely.

“You must be the architect. I apologize for the…” She tips her head toward the three men and smiles. “Protocol.”

“Of course. Protocol,” you echo, still having no idea what is going on. “I’m sorry, I missed your name.”

“General Leanne Harris, SSA,” she says, and you are caught off guard by how warm her presence is. You always though Generals were meant to be gruff. And… old.

“The Sim Space Agency?” You see Karl’s eyes pop, and hope you are keeping better hold on your own surprise. “What can I do for you?”

Because you honestly have no idea what you could possibly do for the SSA

“Can we talk in your office?” General Harris asks.

Oh dear, you really are flustered by this! “Of course, my apologies. This way.” You lead her to your office, the man behind her following but the other three staying in the lobby.

She doesn’t sit but instead opens her briefcase and hands you a yellow folder. “As you are no doubt aware, the SSA is researching the possibility of sending Sims to Mars.”

Of course, you know, you’ve been following the news whenever you can. You just love the idea of space travel!

“But what does that have to do with me?” you ask, opening the folder and seeing some concept sketches for… Mars habitations?

General Harris smiles. “We at SSA know that sometimes the best ideas can come from the least expected places. Our engineers can handle the logistics of interplanetary goods movements, material strength, desalinization, that sort of thing,” she says with a wave of her hand. “But when it comes to people, to psychology, we want to tap into the resources available right here in our community. Your work in architecture has become something of a legend, and we’d like you to help design a Mars habitation unit.”

You gape.

“Just a prototype, of course. It will be built here on earth, but we need to conduct extended isolation tests with our crew and that means we need a fully-functional environment that can simulate living on Mars.”

“And you want me?” You only wish you could do your happy dance singing ‘yes, yes, yes!’ without looking too unprofessional.

“Who better? You understand what people want and need in a living space, how to layout areas for best use. We’re hoping you can offer a fresh design perspective for us to consider. And,” she stresses, “You’re good with a budget.”

You can’t help but smile a little at that. “And what is my budget for this?”

“It’s all in the brief,” she says with a smile.

vPz5U5r.png
    • Design a Mars Habitation for a 6-Sim team of astronauts and scientists.
    • Habitation must be fully self-contained (there is no atmosphere!)
    • Must include areas or objects for sleeping, hygiene, fitness, cooking, recreation, plants, and research.
    • Built on a 30x30 or smaller lot. No more than 1 level below ground, which can also include a swimming pool (but no other usable floor space) and no more than two levels above ground. (for a maximum of 3 total floors)
    • This is a prototype build, so ‘landscape’ doesn’t matter, but it should be isolated from other structures.

BUDGET: §500,000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

SIM CHALLENGE:Create the 6 Sims astronauts and show them living and working in their habitation. Tell us what their fields of speciality are and their attributes that make them important for a Mars mission!

ROOM CHALLENGE: Show us what you can create as an indoor fruit and veggie garden for your Mars Habitation. Plus a space to study all those new alien plants.... There is no limit on the budget you can use for this part of the challenge.

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Wow! This is an epically awesome challenge! :o:D
    4Sanne wrote: »
    Wow! This is an epically awesome challenge! :o:D
    Yep, it's a bit different :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2018
    This seems like it could be really fun! I'm excited to start.

I do have a question though, only one level below ground being considered;

Can we have a pool in that level, or would that be two levels deep?
    Also, I'd like to know how much we can spend on the room challenge?
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    This seems like it could be really fun! I'm excited to start.

I do have a question though, only one level below ground being considered;

Can we have a pool in that level, or would that be two levels deep?
    Also, I'd like to know how much we can spend on the room challenge?

Very good points @FidgetyAtom!!

Yes, you can have a pool in the basement, as long as there is no other usable space down there. As for the room challenge, you have budget limit, go nuts!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    Man this challenge makes me so sad that the maxis team hasn't made roofs that are clear. I just want a clear domed roof for this build for a garden area....or the fact that you can't build right into a roof you have to have an actual room...come on maxis I could do some really cool stuff if you made both of those things possible!

Regardless of those two things I am SUPER excited to do this challenge! I already have lots of ideas! I JUST LOVE SPACE SO MUCH!!!!
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    edited May 2018
    @VagueNightmare, I think it's a ploy to get everyone to buy Get Together, which has a glass dance floor that can be put on ceilings, making them look like they have glass roofs. ;)
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top