March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks @maryjane2joe, that's so nice of you to say! @jhgkjhgkjh @linday @fidgetyatom and @mannanna ...thanks so much, I'm so glad you like Hermey and it really sounds like he likes you guys too!

HEYA @TheDismalSimmer! So cool you could join us! You definitely need to be in the expert category, silly!!! Your builds are awesome and I am still drooling over your landscaping. It's always so perfect! Beautiful little tudor! Amazing on that budget - and who needs a non-Spartan gym when they can have a garden like that??? Cool!!!

@kilra0 - What a cool and whimsical little cabana - it's so bright and fun and what a great lanai with outdoor fireplace! Very cool!

@wildling - wow, that's really inspired. I love that sitting area near the pool with all the greenery and the low shelf you made with the wall trim. Really great build!

@bolonkafrauchen - what a cute house and lovely garden,and it's so cool that you got him both a pet and a slip and slide. Definitely fun place for a goofball kind of elf! Nice!

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII -
    FORUM ID:Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID:Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Sun and Sand
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    BUILD COST: 27991
    TOTAL COST: 29491 - Had it in my head it was a 2000 lot so missed out on using an extra 500. Eep!
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zgJO0NO
    ENTRY DETAILS: First off, let me say that no one should feel the need to comment just because I'm trying to comment on all builds. I felt if it was for Hermey, I should at least look at each slideshow! My original idea was to go really Floridian, but then I went, well, best priced lot for the build... I tried to keep it fairly simple but concentrate more on outdoor living space
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 9Uzh4B2.pngoqPcBF0.png
    edited May 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

Your results are now available here.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Sorry to have to sit this one out (my daughter gets married next weekend) but I will be looking in at all the entries <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Sorry to have to sit this one out (my daughter gets married next weekend) but I will be looking in at all the entries <3

We guess that's an OK reason to miss the next challenge @lisabee2 :wink: Seriously though, we hope you and your family have an amazing day!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    FORUM ID:Bolonkafrauchen
    ORIGIN ID:bolonkafrauchen
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Established
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F2DB257F538111E888BADCEAC1BA3175?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Bolonkafrauchen&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) https://imgur.com/a/aofEsnn
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please) t0WFNOo.png
    JOeNpAu.png

#BnS94
    Dear Hermey,
    Thank you so much for giving me the chance to design you new home! I can totally understand that you choose to go somewhere warmer. Unfortunately, the budget you gave me was very low. But I do think the tiny home I created will suit you well. Since you want to enjoy the wonderful Sim eternal- summer, I spent only a basic sum of money on the two small rooms. Bedroom and kitchen are two –in-one and the bathroom is tiny. However you will find all your needs taken care of. I decided to use a wonderful bright yellow for the living room. You will find a tiny friendly hamster to keep you company. While I did add some decorations, I would suggest you start learning to paint, so that you can give a nice personal touch to the walls.
    Now to the outside. While indoors is quite minimalistic, your garden will hopefully make you very happy. Not only is there a terrace with a bbq, an easel to start your painting desire and a chess game to enhance logic skills, I even manages to give you a tiny beach area by the pool, where you can enjoy either a nice glass of iced tea or you can even mix yourself a cocktail. Of course I included the palm trees you love so much. There are plenty of fruit and vegetable plants around the garden. I am certain, you will be the best gardener of the region soon. You said you needed something to be fit. Well, I decided you will ove to exercise with this wonderful water slide. It is a lot more fun, isn’t it?
    I really hope you like your new home. Once you have accomplished your dentist career and earned a little more money, be sure to contact me. I will be more than happy to create a bigger home for you soon.
    Yours
    Bolonkafrauchen
    The Hawthorne Project

@Bolonkafrauchen - your entry form is missing some key details, i.e.

LOT COST:
    LOT NAME: (Which lot you built on)
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)

Please, can you enter these details on your form, or you won't be eligible for entry for this round.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    So sorry, I corrected my form to fill in the details. Thank you for informing me.
    vdeaSb2.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

@lisabee2 - oh wow! Congrats to your daughter and hope you have a great weekend!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Paradise Found
    LOT COST: $1500
    LOT NAME: Bedlington Boathouse
    BUILD COST: $28,426
    TOTAL COST: $29,926
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fyoV45C
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hermey's new home is a cozy little cottage by the sea. It has nearly everything on his wish list including a warm location, palm trees, a fresh fruit and veggie garden, green grass and lanais. It also includes a pool and small globe bar for those much dreamed about, cocktails by the pool. There's even a private study for Hermey to pursue his studies of becoming a Dentist.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DBsB0iW.png

3UsYnk1.png
    Post edited by WrathofCath on
    Hey there @WrathofCath - lovely to see you around here again!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: Kojik
    ORIGIN ID: K0J1K
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: La Casa Amarilla
    LOT COST: $1.500
    LOT NAME: Mid Now-Where in Windenburg
    BUILD COST: $28.428
    TOTAL COST: $29.928
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yfdorSz
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a small modern lot with colorful Mediterranean touches and Beautiful Sun Porch for Hermey to forget the cold old days.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Pls
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

arHmn90.jpg
    SDEYv6F.jpg
    Post edited by KojiK on

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @WrathofCath beautiful build, however I believe you have the name of the lot wrong. If I'm not mistaken you built on the Bedlington Boathouse lot.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare! It's great to be back. :smile:

@gmcrozier, Thank you for both your lovely comment and for letting me know about the lot name! Very much appreciated. :blush:
    edited May 2018
    @KojiK - I just had a look. Love the colors you used on the interior and the overhead lattice work is really nice :(
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @KojiK - for some reason, there are no pics in your imgur file. I just had a look. :(

omg dint notice that, thank u for letting me know, the link has been fixed, thank u Again :)

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

edited May 2018
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @KojiK - for some reason, there are no pics in your imgur file. I just had a look. :(

@KojiK - it's there now :) What a nice, sunny build!

@WrathofCath - this is such a lovely build with calming colors inside. I really like it.

@Bolonkafrauchen - what a nice build. I especially like the backyard and the slip n slide.

@Ainsleyf - I really like the shape of your design. And what an inviting look to have open "doors" from the living room to the outdoors. I really, really like that feature.

@lorrie1910 - the part I like best is the poor area. What a great area to swim in the open and enjoy the views. What bliss!

@maryjane2joe - I love the water fountain at the front entrance, so calming. And all the windows! Love it. The best pic I like is the one of the artist's view of the easel and the beach view. It's dreamy. Nice work.

@TresaofPern - I so love the kitchen and the pool. Really lovely.

@jhgkjhgkjh - when I saw this build, I was in awe. What an outstanding house for the budget. I really like the idea of the postcards from Hermey's fellow elves on the bulletin board as an encouragement. The back patio looks so relaxing. Really nice.

@FidgetyAtom - I so love the 2 levels of windows facing the back area. And the outdoors is so lush and green. Nice touch of the snowglobe reminder. Really lovely build.

@linday - I so love the back of this house. It is so inviting!

@TheDismalSimmer - this is such a terrific build, I can't believe you did it for the budget that we were given! I love that tudor style.

@Wildling - I so love your treehouse. Everything is so open and airy and the porch and patio area near the 2nd floor pool is so refreshing.

@kilra0 - This is such a nice house. I love the idea of the fireplace on the patio near the swimming pool. Such a great area to warm up after a swim, or relax on a summer's eve.

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    @SoulGal7 thank you so much that you took time to look at all the build! This is so lovely. And thank you so much for for your comment on my build!
    I think your Harvey Wallbanger is such a great character - what a funny idea! His backstory is fantastic and so charming. Oh my... if I were the Hawethorne Poject, my heart is won. :)
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    OH MY these are all so very cute!! I am thankful I am not a judge!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Hope to see some more tropical retreats for Hermey coming in soon! The ones we have so far are top notch :)

Our Tumblr page is going through an overhaul. Please check it out and tell us what you think! If you're on Tumblr, be sure to follow us for challenge results and more: BUILDNSHARE TUMBLR

And our Twitter page hit a milestone of 500 followers this week! Give us a follow to see what all the fuss is about: BUILDNSHARE TWITTER.

Speaking of, if you are on Tumblr, Twitter or have another social media site or website/blog for your sims activities, please let us know. We'd love to support you by linking to you in our affiliate section on tumblr. <3 (We've included all the Tumblr participants we know of so far)

fuLTRTz.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: BEACH DREAMS
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Bedlington Boathouse, Brindleton Bay
    BUILD COST: $28,477
    TOTAL COST: $29,977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/eHHzN5b

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dear Hermey,
    I was contacted by The Hawthorne Project and asked to find you a home in the sun. After going through everything you wanted, I came up with a house that has everything you want. It is actually 2 houses in one. A small beach house with a wonderful bedroom, small bath and office. Plus, a separate open-air cabana housing the kitchen and living room. And this house is right on the beach. Plus, did I tell you it had a lanai? Oh, it is so wonderful, and not painted with that gawdy red or green that you hate so much. Oh no, this house is painted in vivid colors of the tropics, cool blues, sunset orange, and bright sunny yellow. The cabana is open air to let the cool ocean breezes flow through. Start your day with a refreshing shower and a good work-out at the punching bag. Then, in the afternoon, entertain your guests in the cabana's open concept kitchen/living room. Watch a little tv, listen or dance to some music, or play the latest sonata on the violin. Hungry? Gather some bountiful produce from your vegetable garden or pick some fruit from your lemon, apple and plantain trees. Then grill some fruit kebobs on your backyard bar-b-q. When it gets too hot, take a dip in your own lap pool, or concoct a tropical smoothie at the bar. As the sun sets, paint that fantastic sunset on the easel, and then, under the stars, play a game of chess. Retire to your own private office to spend some time studying to become a dentist, then relax and unwind and sleep peacefully in your gorgeous double duvet bed. As a special surprise, we stocked the dresser with a new summer wardrobe for you. A perfect house to get away from it all...especially the cold. Oh, and did I mention that The Tooth Fairy lives next door and that she's single? I am sure that this will indeed be the perfect house for you!
    Sincerely,
    SoulGal7, Owner, By-The-Sea Realty

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

front_shot.png

hermey_enjoying_his_new_house.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F74F794D56D411E8840A423CAD8BB32F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: 28,495
    TOTAL COST: 29,995
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/FjGQtc5
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose Oasis Springs for it's warm climate and built a small mediterranean style villa for Hermey. Airy open plan living areas with a sunny chess nook. There is a spare bedroom for guests and a study in the 'tower'. Front porch and rear patio plus swimming pool and art area under the shade of the trees, all landscaped in 'hot' sunny colours.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

hdBUYyg.png

V4VhmSl.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    So many stunning builds!
    @SoulGal7 Oh, I love the colorful and breezy blue! Cute and homey for Hermey!

@masajo Wow! This is great! Great idea with the tower and lovely little dining turret.

So many impressing creations - what a great variety!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Many thanks @jhgkjhgkjh very kind of you. I totally agree about all the entries, I've enjoyed every minute looking through them all :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited May 2018
    @masajo - what a nice build. I love the tower idea and all the open archways. You got so much in this build for the funds allotted, I am amazed. Fantastic!

@jhgkjhgkjh - thank you so much for your kind words on my build :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top