March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Ainsleyf - I love your build and your bus. I spent a whole night watching a Youtube video by Simproved on how to build a bus. The bus took me 3 nights (because I work during the day) to build! Lol No speed builder here. Your whole lot looks just lovely. Really nice!

@itguyinsc - what an amazing lot. When I saw this, I couldn't stop looking at the imgur pics. Just gorgeous.

All the builds for BSN#93 are amazing so far. Everyone is so creative. And I so love the hippie sims creations. Groovy!

This is the song that I remember by The 5th Dimension (originally from the Broadway musical Hair), and thought I would share it here to get us all inspired. Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine! I love this one because it actually has some photos from the 60s. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsxrGUJh-SY
  • fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    The builds in this Age of Aquarius round are amazing! Super fun to peek through! Nice work errybody
    edited April 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #93 - Age of Aquarius
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: FAR OUT HIPPIE HAVEN
    LOT COST: $2,000
    LOT NAME: Hillside Highlands, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $147,970
    TOTAL COST: $149,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nJqTVNf

ENTRY DETAILS:
    It started as an abandoned camp in the mountains. With a few splashes of paint, it is now the Far Out Hippie Haven, home to a group of hippie couples. Each cabin has been converted to a righteous place for the couples to spend their time. The Purple Haze cabin is decorated in shades of purple with a peace symbol on the side of the building. Raven, a budding artist and Sky, the haven's cook share this psychedelic cabin. Next, is the Feelin' Groovy cabin decorated in shades of green and on the side of the building is a heart symbol. Lavender and Essence, both political activists share this tranquil cabin. Lavender has a small writing area with computer, where she writes a column for the local paper, and Essence, a guitarist, conducts peace rallies and writes songs of peace and love. The Mellow Yellow cabin is so full of energy and life, decorated in yellow with colorful sunflowers swaying outside and a happy face adorning one wall. Sparrow, an avid collector and Storm, the haven's gardener share this space. An addition was added to the back of this cabin to display all of Sparrow's collections. And, yes, she even has a space rock! The main cabin, Right On, has two levels. The main level has a kitchen, small eating area, an outdoor bar, and a food pantry. On the upper level is the open air living room, where Essence loves to strum some tunes on his guitar. A great gathering place to star gaze and dance to the beat. There are extra picnic tables for eating at the back of the lot, close to the waterfall/swimming area. There is also a lovely outdoor bathing area and outhouse. The camp is eco-friendly. All cabins have been outfitted with rooftop gardens, solar panels and rain water barrels. Storm is proud of his small garden which boasts a compost area. There is also a hand washing laundry area. The hippies can occupy themselves with many activities, from playing chess, swimming, painting, playing guitar, reading, yoga, dancing, and just chatting around a campfire. A colorful commune with an explosion of flower power, the Far Out Hippie Haven is the perfect place for peace and love. Can you dig it?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but MOO + resizing used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

front_of_feelin_groovy_cabin.png

campfire_zone_between_2_houses.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Ainsleyf - I love your build and your bus. I spent a whole night watching a Youtube video by Simproved on how to build a bus. The bus took me 3 nights (because I work during the day) to build! Lol No speed builder here. Your whole lot looks just lovely. Really nice!

@itguyinsc - what an amazing lot. When I saw this, I couldn't stop looking at the imgur pics. Just gorgeous.

All the builds for BSN#93 are amazing so far. Everyone is so creative. And I so love the hippie sims creations. Groovy!

This is the song that I remember by The 5th Dimension (originally from the Broadway musical Hair), and thought I would share it here to get us all inspired. Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine! I love this one because it actually has some photos from the 60s. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsxrGUJh-SY

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate you taking the time to notice and explore my creation. <3:)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #93 - The Age of Aquarius
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Good Vibrations
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This eclectic group live in harmony in a secluded commune. Essence plays guitar, wife Raven paints, Sky Cooks, while younger brother Storm gardens, Lavender is a writer and the beautiful Sparrow collects mother nature's treasures.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: pose by @marygelal and commune used for photoshoot @Ainsleyf
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: REQ6Ko7.jpg
    Post edited by CJSimmie on
    Hi All! I meant to comment on all the fabulous builds.

@jhgkjhgkjh - I love the idea of a renovated train station. And so colorful. Really great build.
    @Xinqun - Your build is so spectacular. I love how these "temple follies" look. Very unique.
    @TresaofPern - I love all the rooms for different skills, especially the guitar room.
    @lorrie1910 - such a nice, wide open build, love the huts.
    @Kojik - what a great idea of a remodelled barn. The build looks great and I love the central garden under a latticed roof.
    @avimileth - the wellness area by the pool is so pretty, really like it.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    So, question - I want to try the room challenge this time (did last time, but my computer was giving me fits with photographing my lot, so I didn't get the submission form done on time). Last time, my room challenge room was one room on one floor, so I was able to figure out how to upload it to the gallery no sweat. This time, my communal room is two floors that are connected - how can I isolate it from the rest of my lot to upload it for the room challenge? Or do I need to upload it as a lot separately from the completed lot (if that makes sense)?
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @BuildnShare It seems to me that the wording in the brief changed since I read and interpreted it the first time. My build fails miserably but I will enter it anyway. :/ but I had fun building it! :smiley:

FORUM ID: Mannanna
    ORIGIN ID: Mannanna
    LOT: Up on Mesa Road
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: The Lighthouse in Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 137,276
    TOTAL COST: 147,752 ( when placed )
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Up on Mesa Road
    ENTRY DETAILS: Reading the brief I immediately thought of a little town located north of San Fransisco next to the Pacific Ocean. Most houses are either built of unpainted redwood or cute Victorians. The first names of the towns people are still Flower and Eagle. :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always!

@SoulGal7 I can't believe we both made identical peace signs! :D Great minds think alike ;)

3hRfz24.png?1
    VdKUmlp.png
    So, question - I want to try the room challenge this time (did last time, but my computer was giving me fits with photographing my lot, so I didn't get the submission form done on time). Last time, my room challenge room was one room on one floor, so I was able to figure out how to upload it to the gallery no sweat. This time, my communal room is two floors that are connected - how can I isolate it from the rest of my lot to upload it for the room challenge? Or do I need to upload it as a lot separately from the completed lot (if that makes sense)?

@SimsIslandheart I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but are your two rooms on different levels? If so, no ... unfortunately there is no way to upload them as one room. Stairs disappear when you upload rooms. However...if the rooms are next to each other you can delete one section of inner wall and then drag it with the arrow to enclose the room again. Hope this helps :)
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    mannanna wrote: »
    @SimsIslandheart I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but are your two rooms on different levels? If so, no ... unfortunately there is no way to upload them as one room. Stairs disappear when you upload rooms. However...if the rooms are next to each other you can delete one section of inner wall and then drag it with the arrow to enclose the room again. Hope this helps :)

Yes, you understood correctly! I have an upper and lower floor joined together. I kind of suspected that was the case, so I uploaded them as "Part 1" (lower) and "Part 2" (upper), then made sure the cost of the two of them didn't go over the room cost limit. I hope that works. ^^;

BTW, love the pics in your submission - I almost spit my drink when I saw how you did the peace sign over the door. XD (I need to scroll back and look for @SoulGal7's post now!) It looks like everyone is having as much fun as I am with this build. <3

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I'm loving all the entries this round! @SoulGal7 I'm blown away by the colorful creative creation you have made!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

@Xinqun What a great and different take on "hippie". Very pretty build!

@kjhgkjgkjhgk I love the exterior of your train station, super cute, and so are the colorful wagons!

@itguyinsc Peace sign dining tables, what an excellent idea! Love the recreation area too, so pretty.

@Tresaofpern Ah, your build reminds me of a summer day in my home country...It's like visiting a castle's care takers cottages. Love the hortensia lined walkways.

@Ainsleyfr You always blow me away with your creativity!!! <3 Making tents out of roof pieces - I'm speachless :) Your waterfall and stream too!

@lorrie1910 Cute idea with colorful huts! :)

@Pallystyle Love your idea with container living. So cute and colorful! The pic showing the back of the lot really gives you a feel for being next to the ocean with fog rolling in.

I love the inspiration I get from this thread, not only the challenges that are inspiring but all the different builds! I'll be back when I have looked at the others :)

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    @mannanna, glad you like it. :)
    image.png
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2018
    FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LOT: Gallery link
    LOT COST: §2500
    LOT NAME: Deadgrass Discoveries
    BUILD COST: §145,936
    TOTAL COST: §148 436
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow link

ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to build a modern commune, inspired by Scandinavian architecture and zero houses. For the interiors I wanted the vibe of having the home furnished with items picked up at various yard sales and flea markets. They also got a tiny pond to swim in, an outdoor bath area with and outdoor tub and a big bush, a bubble blower, a large gardening area with various herbs, fruit and vegetables. Each couple have their own separate bedroom, linked to the main building with glass ceilings, so that you can walk to the communal areas and stay dry even on rainy days.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    41756273552_d95d364ece_c.jpg

39990452400_58c77dfe36_c.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

It's that time again, you have just over 48 hours to get your communes uploaded. Peace out :kissing_smiling_eyes:

The deadline for this challenge is 2nd May 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]

TvmoeFJ.png
    Dm5g7dk.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    FORUM ID / ORIGIN ID: kilra0
    LOT: Paradise Bay
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Bjergsen / Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 146191
    TOTAL COST: 149191
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/tlU83CS
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by the tranquil atmosphere of an ashram and wanted to combine it with the hippie invasion of these in the 60s/70s. Well it ended up in that organic form and I tried to use as less electronic equipment as possible. they are powered with the solar panel on the roof. Enjoy (everything is play tested and works well although some things are very close to each other)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3zecjR2.png
    EHol2Xf.png
  • lorrie1910lorrie1910 Posts: 26 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: lorrie1910
    ORIGIN ID: lorrie1910
    LEVEL: Starting out
    HOUSEHOLD: Rainbow Hippies
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/79EE54884CAB11E886D027308412E0F7
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/WJ2uYNK
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Rainbows are group of 6 hippies that I decided to split into 3 couples. Essence is a musical genius who enjoys the outdoors, is family orientated and is a music lover. He is married to Sparrow whose aspiration is The Curater, she also loves the outdoors, is a bookworm and is very cheerful. Sky aims to be a master chef, he enjoys the outdoors, is a foodie and is outgoing. He is married to Raven whose aspiration is to be a painter extraodinaire, she is a music lover, loves the outdoors and also a art lover. Storms aspiration is to be a freelance botanist, he loves the outdoors, is romantic and creative. He is married to Lavender who aspires to be a bestselling author, she loves the outdoors, is romantic and ambitious.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]yE3KgIQ.jpg
    [img][/img]taGvz6f.jpg
    edited May 2018
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #93 - Age of Aquarius
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    GALLERY LINK: Hippie Livin'

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/ucbiJJ9

ENTRY DETAILS: A communal room for our hippie friends, all in the great outdoors! Enjoy cooking under the shade shelter, dining al fresco, trying the bubble blower, playing a game of chess, meditating, listening to music, dancing, reading and making drinks for that great "Let The Sunshine In" party. Candles and solar powered lighting. Fridge and stove powered by propane.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Move objects and some resizing used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURE

night_shot_hippie_livin_room.png

enjoying_their_patio.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: The Peaceful Psyche
    LOT COST: §3,500
    LOT NAME: It's a good House in Brindleton Bay
    BUILD COST: §138,365
    TOTAL COST: §141,865
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: More pics
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DcHXkWVW0AUYE0H.jpg
    DcHXrxwWAAAURUY.jpg
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

You can't make a 'room' two stories, what I would suggest, @SimsIslandheart, is to separate your 'room' onto a new lot and upload it as a lot.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne
    LEVEL: Starting Out (since it's my very first entry)

LOT: https://ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E788B5AC4D5311E88FF027308412E0F7

LOT COST: §3,000
    LOT NAME: The Lighthouse (Windenburg Island)
    BUILD COST: §147.254
    TOTAL COST: §149.990
    (I'm a bit confused about this: When I build this, I kept an eye on the cost and ended up with a final cost of §149.990, but now I see in gallery it costs §147.254 and that combined with the lot cost is §150.254, not §149.990... I'm sorry for this, I don't know how it happened and I will try to avoid it in the future...)

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/GEcdhC1

ENTRY DETAILS:

Welcome to the Back to nature Commune!
    We have converted an old cabin in the woods to a regular hippie haven, where those who love nature can sleep under the stars and live in their very own yurt! At the bbq area you can sit and relax with friends, enjoy a good meal and discuss life. You can relax in the natural pool and enjoy some healthy, de-stressing yoga. At the campfire you can brew some tea, roast some marshmellows, tell a scary story or make some music.
    Ofcourse life is not just fun and games, laundry has to be done, unfortunately... But here at the commune even tasks like these are a breeze. There also is a lovely garden for growing your own fresh produce. I hope you will enjoy the Back to nature Commune as much as our lovely hippies have!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KbKTzq9.png
    adpWpL4.png

• jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    So many beautiful entries so far! And thanks @mannanna!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2A0216484D8011E889F3589460A27704?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS93&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 8,500
    LOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 141,001
    TOTAL COST: 149,501
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/DuCAMZb
    ENTRY DETAILS: Nirvana comprises three private dwellings and a community building which is the hub of activity and covers three floors. Much focus on outdoor areas such as veggie garden, laundry area, bar, music and dancing, bbq picnic space, firepit, swimming pool, bubble machine and pond plus many more. Eco friendly and landscaped using mainly wildflowers.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

fHY21En.png

5xPgsDZ.png

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #93: The Age of Aquarius

FORUM ID: PV13
    ORIGIN ID: Lyrens35
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1A60D1994D8911E88E9F701A37BAB7F3
    LOT COST: 3,000 §
    LOT NAME: Windenburg, The Island – The Lighthouse Lot - Renamed to Sunshine & Starlight
    BUILD COST: 144,023 §
    TOTAL COST: 147,023 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/M4PiRar
    ENTRY DETAILS:

The Age of Aquarius
    The brief said – Build a hippie commune. So I did.
    Layout: On this lot, the buildings are placed in two clusters. On one side you’ll find the sleeping quarters – three separate rooms built in a row house style. The sleeping quarters have a slight wagon-y feel to them. On the other side of the lot, you’ll find the communal area – kitchen, dining and bathroom facilities. Also there’s a semi outdoors dining room with a fireplace. The kitchen includes an add-on building, where there’s a study/writing nook. If you go through the semi outdoor dining area, you enter the patio and pool area overlooking the ocean. Out here, you’ll find the must-have bubble blower, seating area and a sauna. On the side of the patio, there’s a clothes line and washing tubs – no expensive washer/dryer in this commune! The two clusters of buildings are connected via the beautiful courtyard with fire, seating, bbq, painting arbor and a small vegetable patch garden.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC

SZkNK8k.png
    LIjzrhe.png
    @kilra0 - so love the colors that you used in your kitchen, eating area and the tapestry and lights. Everything seems so warm. Love it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top