March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    This community rocks!! The wonderful @SoulGal7's The Right Angle got a Maxis fav this week!! Congrats, sweetie!!

YAY! Congrats, dear! Very well deserved! :smiley:
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @Buildnshare - Does there need to be a communal room for the skill items, or can we put each item into their own buildings? Like, can we have an easel in Raven's building, or do we need each of the skill items all in one communal room?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    misscbong wrote: »
    @Buildnshare - Does there need to be a communal room for the skill items, or can we put each item into their own buildings? Like, can we have an easel in Raven's building, or do we need each of the skill items all in one communal room?
    @misscbong The brief just says you need to include them it doesn't state where ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Does the living area and bathroom have to be indoors? lol
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

Pallystyle wrote: »
    Does the living area and bathroom have to be indoors? lol

They just need to be communal @Pallystyle ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Well hello there @SimsIslandheart, thanks for stopping by! Get that old thinking cap on, we're sure you'll think of something epic! And no one said anything about no CC ;)

Oh, yeah, I know - I just don't have any CC in my game right now, because I have zero time to monkey with any mods or troubleshooting - my computer is enough of a bear about my game as it is. XD I've seen all kinds of pretty "hippie" stuff in CC posts and communities, but I'll just have to work with what EA/Maxis gives us and my limited expansion packs. ^^;
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    This community rocks!! The wonderful @SoulGal7's The Right Angle got a Maxis fav this week!! Congrats, sweetie!!

@BuildnShare - Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! Woot! I am so excited to go and see....and wouldn't you know it....Origin up-date time. lol Thanks everyone!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @BuildnShare - Oh I just love the new challenge....I am singing that song....love it!
  • PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    So before you told me CC was ok but your new rules contradict this. I just want to be sure,
    is CC permitted or no?
    @pirate - we've never said using CC is not permitted.
    Also using 'low value/high quality' CC is a no no.
    Is the only stipulation, and this is because it gives an unfair advantage. We have always allowed CC to be included in Build n Share
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2018
    Pardon my misunderstanding. I was not aware there were different qualities of CCs. In all the research I've done on the subject, quality was never mentioned in any of the articles I've read. I havent noticed an Artist specify the quality of their CCs either.
      - What exactly is low value/high quality CC?
      - How can I tell the difference between CC that is and is not permitted?
      - & Is there a specific site I can download CC that is not low value/high quality?
      also do the 3 spaces need to be connected by/to the communal building?
      Pirate wrote: »
      Pardon my misunderstanding. I was not aware there were different qualities of CCs. In all the research I've done on the subject, quality was never mentioned in any of the articles I've read. I havent noticed an Artist specify the quality of their CCs either.
        - & Is there a specific site I can download CC that is not low value/high quality?

I think this is meaning that the item has the quality of a more expensive item but the CC creator made it cost less in the sim catalog. Example: the bed that gives +10 sleep and a +10 comfortable level but it only cost 100 simoleons.

I wanted to know if the "room" for each person has to be a literal four-sided room with a door or if it could be an open shared room with one side for one person and the other side for the other person? Also in making the sims I imagined two of them being a couple who have been together for a long time so they share a bed. Is that okay or does there need to be 6 separate beds?

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
        @Pallystyle I am by no means BuildnShare, but the brief states 3 separate private buildings and the brief also implies that they are 3 couples. @BuildnShare please correct me, if I am wrong.
        Pallystyle wrote: »
        Pirate wrote: »

I think this is meaning that the item has the quality of a more expensive item but the CC creator made it cost less in the sim catalog. Example: the bed that gives +10 sleep and a +10 comfortable level but it only cost 100 simoleons.

OOh I understand what "low value/high quality" means but I've never been able to tell the price 'til after I've downloaded it.
          Is there a way to determine if it is lv/hq before downloading it, or is it a bettin' man's game? Every download is another roll of the dice?
          edited April 2018
          @Pallystyle - you are absolutely correct, this is exactly why that rule is stipulated. I hope this helps @pirate.

As for the 'rooms', they can be distributed as you wish, no restrictions, it's up to you how to best divide up the sleeping arrangements ;)

@gmcrozier - it was never actually stated that they are couples, but they could be if you want them to be ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
          edited April 2018
          Oh, and @gmcrozier - did you see, your build for #BnS91 got a Maxis Fav!! Congrats!!!
          btw - are you on twitter? If so, what's your tag?
          Post edited by BuildnShare on
          GArBA5W.jpg
        • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
          Oh, and @gmcrozier - did you see, your build for #BnS91 got a Maxis Fav!! Congrats!!!
          btw - are you on twitter? If so, what's your tag?

Thank you and no I am not on Twitter.
        • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
          edited April 2018
          BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
          CHALLENGE #93: The Age of Aquarius

FORUM ID: Xinqun
          ORIGIN ID: Xinqun
          LEVEL: Established
          LOT: Arcadiana
          LOT COST: 1,500
          LOT NAME: Mid-Nowhere, Windenburg
          BUILD COST: 92,500
          TOTAL COST: 94,000
          LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://www.ricordius.com/sims4/BNS93/index.html

ENTRY DETAILS:

In the mid-1700s, the Ottoman Empire opened Greece up to European tourists again, which led to the Greek Revival movement in architecture. With it came the ideals of Romanticism and this idea of bucolic Arcadia--the wild, peaceful countryside--being the Best Thing Ever. So yeah, you could say that the Romantics (Shelley, Byron, Coleridge, Keats, etc.) were the original hippies: thumbing their collective noses at conventional society. Basically, when I hear "back to nature", I think of classical Greece.

One innovation of the Romantic era was the "haha", a ditch used to separate pieces of land without the appearance of any manmade structures. I took this idea and sank the build into the ground, to get the same effect. From outside, the build looks like just three temple follies behind a hedge; but there's more once you get inside.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure....
          CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used.

arc01.jpg
          arc05.jpg
          Post edited by Xinqun on
        • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
          edited April 2018
          @Xinqun I Love it!! And I especially love how you dropped in down and.. had you not told us.. I would not have known.. because yeah.. it looks one way but it's actually another way... which captivates my interest!! I really love impressionism :)
          And it's hidden (Escondido) HaHa!! And I love how you separated yet brought together the living quarters... I love the whole build and there's so much to it too !!
          285JXDb.jpg
        • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
          Wow, @Xinqun! Looks like we had similar ideas for the pool, but mine is all above ground, so no worries.
          image.png
        • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
          Beautiful entry, @Xinqun! I love the "longing for Arcadia" as we call in in Germany and you are absolutely right about the poets you mentioned, they were the first hippies.

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
          CHALLENGE #93 - The Age of Aquarius
          FORUM ID:jhgkjhgkjh
          ORIGIN ID:kjhgkjgkjhgk
          LEVEL: Established
          LOT: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/08EBFA06462611E883E127308412E0F7?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=happy hippie train&max=50&maxis=false
          LOT COST: 3000
          LOT NAME: The Lighthouse, Windenburg
          BUILD COST:130.856
          TOTAL COST: 133.856
          LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/z3wB37f
          ENTRY DETAILS: Since my test-Sims Sparrow and Storm fell in love - I decided to add a waggon, but first things first... I found the old Windenbrug Island Station, a diamond in the rough. Secluded, abandoned and left to decay. So I restored the old Station building almost to it's former victorian glory and pieced together three waggons of the old Island Line, which are now the sleeping and hobby quarters for the six of them. They all are connected, whether through the old tracks or through the platform and they are a symbol for the constant spiritual journey this group of people is on. Enjoy the Happy Hippie Train!
          CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please!
          CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc, no recolors
          SPACE FOR PICTURES: VjR866x.png
          c2A4yzn.png
          You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
          Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
          Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
          ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS92 - 50 Shades of Grey

Your results are now available here.
          GArBA5W.jpg
        • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
          Thanks, all. And @jhgkjhgkjh I love the backstory and all the colours on yours. It feels very much like the group just happened to find this disused place and "reclaimed" it for themselves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
        Emoji
        Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
        Drop image/file
        Return to top