Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    Wildling wrote: »
    Amazing builds so far, wow! @Ainsleyf and @FoundMarbles
    I have to admit I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this challenge, I feel like my attempts don't have the glamorous look this family needs. But I'll keep trying!

You'll do great!, I'm sure of it!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #65 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART 3

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO #65 - THE HAWTHORNE PROJECT - PART 3

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 66 - Somewhere
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3D008C09194711E78D4F9D804C84730A?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=nowhere&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST:93772
    TOTAL COST: 95,272
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/mmgIh
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to make something quite sculptural and a bit out there for this build. I tried to keep to the minimal, ultramodern brief for the interiors but there are a few bits of colour here and there in the furnishings.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1QgtHhy.png?1
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    @folala I've spent ages trying to figure out a way to make a mock glass fireplace like the one in TS3 to use as a divider but everything I tried looked rubbish. Yours is awesome. I'll definitely use that idea in a future build.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID: onehummingbird
    ORIGIN ID: onehummingbird
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT: Marine Minimalism
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 94,764
    TOTAL COST: 96,264
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/XNHfC
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I think of minimalism in architecture, I'm reminded of the philosophy that "the best design is invisible." With that in mind, I set out to create an ultramodern home that would almost disappear into the landscape. Being inside this home would very much feel like you're one with the elements. The placement of windows, furnishings, and floor and wall treatments were selected accordingly. Even the chosen artwork intends to be in harmony with the surrounding seascape. For further details, please read the captions in my slideshow!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

2VKGGcz.jpg
    fIABzSj.jpg
    Post edited by onehummingbird on
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2017
    FORUM ID: nicolethebowl
    ORIGIN ID: nicolethebowl
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Modern Artists
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 69,396
    TOTAL COST: 89,566
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s61.photobucket.com/user/nicolethebowl/slideshow/Close?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: The water feature is just a kiddie pool for the kids. The reason for the price gap is the paintings are mostly painted by Mr. Close himself.

SIM: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8CB32F80179F11E78BBA66AA568FC1CB?category=households&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Modern Artists&max=50&maxis=false
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s61.photobucket.com/user/nicolethebowl/slideshow/Close?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made the sims adults instead of elders but with wrinkles.

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 04-06-17_62816PM_zpsembby0rz.png
    04-06-17_63046PM_zpser3a4ulc.png
    Post edited by nicolethebowl on
    Social Media Update

If you have a facebook and/or twitter profile and would like to be tagged if/when you win a challenge, let us have your usernames!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member

FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: SyddyB206
    LOT: Ultra Modern Family House
    LOT COST: Already Payed
    BUILD COST: 79,029
    TOTAL COST: 79,029
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/P9o7u
    ENTRY DETAILS: Beautiful ultra modern sleek estate. It is mainly black with white accents. It has a garage that can fir 2 cars. It has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. The kitchen is small, but sweet. The downstairs is open plan, except for the garage.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: N/A
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2017
    [deleted]
    Post edited by SyddyB206 on
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Swans Rest
    LOT COST: N/A
    BUILD COST: 94,753
    TOTAL COST: 94,753
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/JGege
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ultramodern family villa with open concept living areas. Driveway and swimming pool/patio at the front, art nook at the rear and first floor balcony comprising lounge, bar and bbq dining areas.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

zE7ePAO.png

dRH31LB.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited April 2017
    FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LOT: Everything Must Glow- https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4BE8916B1D9211E783B366AA568FC1CB?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST: 94,762
    TOTAL COST: 94,762
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1236565759792179

ENTRY DETAILS: Ultra modern home with pool/ sunken living room- Grande Arche de la Défense entry/ Mod Baby furnishings/ More details are delivered by Ivory Mainline, Modern Department Head at Sterling Construction via a letter he delivered to the clients at closing on the property. They are posted with the pictures in the Facebook Gallery with two excerpts below. Unfortunately I suspect Ivory and his clients may have rubbed each other the wrong way. You know how when someone rubs the fur of a cat backwards... and the cat scratches them. That way. BUT- from pain comes beauty and I think you'll agree Ivory's creation is in rare form.

NOTES: Everywhere (especially outside) you see gray/grayish brown/beige/light grey and so on is listed as "white" in the game and is as close as I could get- lol. It must be picking up the color of the desert around it- ha! As well, the foundation was originally going to be white as well but the interior sunken living room showed up as blue, brown, medium gray- everything but white so I finally went with black, which I do quite like none the less. For the challenge the pictures show several paint by reference paintings "done by the owner". When I upload this build to the gallery I'll swap out those shots with random modern looking art from Build/Buy due to paintings by reference and photos done in game being "CC" and therefore not uploadable with the build. The uploaded lot is therefore slightly more expensive and three paintings- the Entryway/ Au pair's room and Master Bedroom will be different should you wish to download this lot.

SIM: None
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: None

ROOM: None
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: None
    ENTRY DETAILS: None

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

Although I don’t know you well, our short time together has impressed upon me that your own sense of worth is Napoleonic. As such I have provided you with a triumphal arch through which to pass on creative conquests by every hour of every day. I wrote all that by myself.

1tsEyzn.png

The good news is your children do show the advanced intellectual artistry you assured me they had over and over and over. To personalize their space I had them draw a picture of mommy and a picture of daddy. The genius is hanging on the wall in their room today and in a gallery tomorrow! Aren't they the dickens!

m9IPVyj.png

Post edited by Renamed2002180839 on
    @JasonAnthonySterling Your captions made me laugh! I love the split level style and the wood floor panels that accentuate the space. And I sooo wish that the moody indigo painting in the entryway were downloadable.

What pack is the kitchen countertop from?
    edited April 2017
    @masajo I really like the shape of your exterior! In that regard, our homes are cousins. :smile: I appreciate the thoughtful placement of the piano near the dining table; perfect for Mitsuko to entertain at dinner parties.
    @SyddyB206 I love the furniture you've chosen for the living room!
    @nicolethebowl very nice dining area! I like how the abstract painting you've chosen harmonizes with the colors of the fruit in the bowl. How cute and clever to add the frog fountain to the kiddie pool!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling Your captions made me laugh! I love the split level style and the wood floor panels that accentuate the space. And I sooo wish that the moody indigo painting in the entryway were downloadable.

What pack is the kitchen countertop from?

@onehummingbird The kitchen counters are from Patio Stuff- I use them all the time, they are what I built the soffit around the roofline out of too so that it would have a textured look while remaining white and modern. It also ties the interior and exterior together. The furniture in Patio Stuff really gets a lot of use in my builds. The wall cabinets with the glass doors are from Cool Kitchen.

I love that painting as well but I really don't know anything about moving an asset like that from within the game into a CC format. I don't even know if that's possible in fact because it would be different then just re-coloring a painting mesh. This was a fun build- I really like doing this style.
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LOT: The Atisuto https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E98D28A11E3511E78618F4A8A4E0D169?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=glen1974&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST:94,049
    TOTAL COST: 94,049
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/I1C3X
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Atisuto is a perfect home for the modernist artist. Crisp white walls throughout act as your canvas to display your works of art. Open plan living with gallery style landing means the acoustics are magnificent - perfect for the budding musician in you.
    The entire front of the house is a wall of glass with views onto the stunning decking and pool area. Steps down lead into a private area to relax around the open fire pit. Inside the floors are wooden interspaced with black tiles. A central feature is the natural stone double height wall with staircase adjacent. This leads up to the gallery landing where there is a separate space for painting. 2 bedrooms are upstairs, the master with ensuite and the toddlers room next to the family bathroom. Stone and wood features in the bathrooms giving the home added natural touches to the stark whiteness. Downstairs is a further bedroom and shower room perfect for the au pair. The clutter free kitchen has a utility room adjacent. Finally the rear of the property is clad in dark wood in stark contrast to the front of the property.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    cBvimWp.png
    VZpxdmH.png
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Wow, so many amazing entries this time around, almost makes me wonder if I should bother entering my build at all ;) It should go up sometime today....
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I know what you mean, @FaithofKaela ! I plan to get my entry in today anyway!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @StSciurus - I am certain that your entry will blow me away as usual :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: Somewhere in B&W
    BUILD COST: §84,590
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Somewhere in B&W is an ultramodern residence featuring a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom, a bedroom for two toddlers and a third bedroom for an au pair. There is a second full bathroom near the two other bedrooms and a half bathroom (powder room) on the upper floor near the front door. The upper floor is an open plan space with kitchen, dining and living areas. There is a piano in the large bay window, and an easel on the front porch. The exterior also features a back patio with grill and herb/flower garden and a Zen garden along one side of the house. The color scheme throughout the house is mostly white with black accents, the occasional pop of other colors and lots of artwork!

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

S03xHGT.png
    K80cqUt.png
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LOT: Mid Nowhere Modern
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/66C6B2681E8C11E782CDF4A8A4E0D169?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST: §87,994
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/EEBJz
    ENTRY DETAILS: This modern house with mainly white and black colours are catered for the artistic elderly couple and their toddler girls. There is a guest bedroom downstairs that can also be suitable for a live-in nanny. There is also a pool with outdoor seats for the family to relax.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    FLOt32q.png
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: rostrijodu
    LOT: We're Home, which was built on the Mid-Nowhere Lot in Windenburg
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 94,764 vs 94,765
    TOTAL COST: 96,264
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Designed, as requested, in the Ultra-Modern style, this sophisticated home would be a striking addition to almost any neighborhood. Featuring a kitchen, dining room, and living room on the main level, as well as a music room with a grand piano, this sleek and stylish home hits all the right marks for an artistically inclined couple who loathe clutter and the use of too much color. With three bedrooms - including a master suite, a toddler's room big enough for two, and a guest room perfect for an au pair - as well as three bathrooms on the lower level, all of the home's occupants are kept close together, surrounded by the relaxing reflections of an inground pool. Capped off with a private studio and gallery on the upper level, this home is a work of art all unto itself!

SIM : The Close-Uchida Clan
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Rothko and Mitsuko are about to embark on a new chapter in their lives. Not only are they expanding their family with the additions of Kichi and Akiko, an adorable pair of twin toddlers, but they're also looking for an Au Pair, too. See what happens when they attempt to "have it all" as they settle into their brand new, ultra-modern home in Windenberg.

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

B6BUG41.png

ABMNeoO.png
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: theWildlings
    LOT: Ultramodern B&W
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C0D146C91F2A11E7897835DD475ECC98?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST: 91,876
    TOTAL COST: 91,876
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/NMTaD
    ENTRY DETAILS: I almost gave up on this one, but I decided to post it anyways :)
    I love clutter and colors, so this was a big challenge. Although I had a lot of spare money, I decided this family isn't the type who enjoys television, but they do have a computer.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    cJnNueA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top