Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    Ok cool. Thanks!
    edited November 2018
    Another question:

Do we actually have to upload the room or can I just link screenshots? I'm new to Sims 4 stuff and can't figure the gallery out lol

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out...I think
    Post edited by flobobunny on
    edited November 2018
    FORUM ID: Flobobunny
    ORIGIN ID: Flobo82
    LEVEL: I'm not sure where to place myself. I played a lot of Sims 3 and was an avid builder, but it's been quite a few years since I have done anything Sims related.
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/11786452DED611E880DFADD8C8E84D99?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=flobo82&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 48.400
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8IYM4H9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sunset Salon is the ideal place for your sims to get a new "do" and some pampering. Being a Sim is hard and sometimes they need to treat themselves occasionally
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA

UkPI4Kj.png

7Zcrb4V.png

(Hopefully, I have done it all right?!)
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited November 2018
    flobobunny wrote: »
    FORUM ID: Flobobunny
    ORIGIN ID: Flobo82
    LEVEL: I'm not sure where to place myself. I played a lot of Sims 3 and was an avid builder, but it's been quite a few years since I have done anything Sims related.
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/11786452DED611E880DFADD8C8E84D99?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=flobo82&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 48.400
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8IYM4H9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sunset Salon is the ideal place for your sims to get a new "do" and some pampering. Being a Sim is hard and sometimes they need to treat themselves occasionally
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA

UkPI4Kj.png

7Zcrb4V.png

(Hopefully, I have done it all right?!)

FLO!!! *glomps the @flobobunny * Hello my sweet!! How in the h*ck are you??? So lovely to see that you've finally succumbed to the lure of TS4.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Hiya Kate!!

I don't know if I have fully succumbed yet, I still miss CAS a lot lol. But I have gotten bit by the creative simming bug a little again, My kid plays and wanted help building a house for his family, it made me remember how much I love building!

How are you doing? It's been a long time!
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    @flobobunny Give in to the dark side... Took me four years to get over the lack of CAS, but there are so many other fun things about building in TS4 that makes it a good game in its own way. Awesome to see you back!
  • soloushensoloushen Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2018

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #106 - THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
    FORUM ID: Soloushen
    ORIGIN ID: Woofhoof
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Elm Tree Arcade
    LOT COST:$2500
    LOT NAME: Harbor Quarter Gym, Windenburg
    GALLERY COST: $86,712
    TOTAL COST: $86,712
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/ucFrhvM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Situated in a bustling area of Windenburg, this new shopping plaza with 5 retail units is the place that local entrepreneurs will want to be! With two small, two medium, and one large unit, there is plenty of scope for a variety of businesses to take up residence. They can showcase their wares to the customers who will be sure to flock here given the pretty and welcoming landscaping as well as parking at the rear.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    0bDPtDY.png
    eG4tozI.png
    Post edited by soloushen on
  • soloushensoloushen Posts: 41 Member
    ROOM ENTRY
    FORUM ID: Soloushen
    ORIGIN ID: Woofhoof
    ROOM Christmas Emporium
    GALLERY COST: $16,475
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/FKPbAbe
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Christmas Emporium is the first business to move into Elm Tree Arcade. Selling a whole host of magical Christmas items for your home from snowmen to nutcrackers to surfing Santas!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    oaRuSsq.png
    mgpTo9L.png
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    CHALLENGE #106 - That Entrepreneurial Spirit
    FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: Rachel Shennan
    LOT: https://tinyurl.com/ycwgmn4e
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: The Roadstead (Renamed The Courtly Mall)
    GALLERY COST: $85,194
    TOTAL COST: N/A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://simmershen.blogspot.com/2018/11/bns-challenge-106-that-entrepreneurial.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Courtly Mall has 5 retail units of varying sizes to suit both established businesses looking for a new place to settle or for first time owners trying to establish a steady customer base. Situated in the shopping district of Magnolia Promenade, it's a prime retail spot. The units are designed in a way that they can be redecorated to suit the needs of the business. There's brand new modern restrooms, ample parking and also a spot for bikes to be secured.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, just MOO
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

11-02-18_9-41-17%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-02-18_9-42-43%25C2%25A0PM.png
    edited November 2018
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    ROOM: https://tinyurl.com/yb2rrkbp
    GALLERY COST: $26,591
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://simmershen.blogspot.com/2018/11/bns-challenge-106-room-challenge.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: Pet Shop Galore! The newest business to open in The Courtly Mall, everything your furry friends need is in this store. Pet bowls, bedding, toys, even some ornaments for yourself! (I forgot to take a birds eye view of this, sorry. It's the same layout as in the full entry though, just different wall colourings.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A Just MOO
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

11-04-18_12-22-14%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-04-18_12-24-29%25C2%25A0PM.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    HOUSEHOLD: https://tinyurl.com/y7bjdz5z
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://simmershen.blogspot.com/2018/11/bns-challenge-106-sim-challenge.html

ENTRY DETAILS: Cora Barnes is the new owner of Pet Store Galore. She designed her own uniform (pet themed of course) and is loving meeting new customers. She hopes to set up adoptions for the stray cats and dogs which she finds so that they can have new homes too. They tend to loiter on the lot so there's always animals to re-home.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 11-04-18_12-54-56%25C2%25A0PM.png

11-04-18_12-58-08%25C2%25A0PM.png

linday wrote: »
    @flobobunny Give in to the dark side... Took me four years to get over the lack of CAS, but there are so many other fun things about building in TS4 that makes it a good game in its own way. Awesome to see you back!

Hey Linds! Its so nice to see familiar names here still simming away. Hopefully I will get the hang of sims 4 and everything it has to offer and maybe even graduate to a full build eventually lol. Baby steps :wink: How are things with you? All good I hope.
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited November 2018
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #106 -THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: “Paradigm Plaza”
    LOT COST: § 4.000
    LOT NAME: Municipal Muses
    GALLERY COST: § 90.000
    TOTAL COST: § 90.000 (lot owned)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Paradigm Plaza
    ENTRY DETAILS: Business going slow? Look no more. “Paradigm Plaza” is modern mall intended for diverse business. A nice place where to start or improve you retail career. We have parking spaces, underground bathrooms and five units with different shapes for you to create your unique shop. Easy access on the back of the building for deliveries, and top-notch safety installations included. New materials, great modern design, nice curb appeal and awesome placement in the neighborhood. Get your unit today… Wait! While your where reading this ad we already rented the center unit and they are going to open a “Pear Store”.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: rRmooUB.pngGc67k3m.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
    edited November 2018
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

ROOM: §Pear Store§
    GALLERY COST: § 132,400
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pear Store
    ENTRY DETAILS: If you're looking for the latest electronic devices search no more. In Pear Store we have computers, monitors, tablets, phones, earbuds, etc... All designed in a friendly and minimalistic way. Our kind employees will help you with any doubt or technic issue you have. Come today and check it out. We just opened our store in "Paradigm Plaza" and we are waiting for you.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Y2AOWeY.pngQqs0qIf.png
    edited November 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM

HOUSEHOLD: Douglas Cardona
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Douglas Cardona
    ENTRY DETAILS: I'm Douglas, the manager of the new Pear Store in Paradigm Plaza. I love computers, so this is absolutely my dreamt job. I'm good fixing things and I know all the latest news and gossips of the trade. I saw the mall and I felt in love with this unit. So here I am, waiting for the costumers.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:bpEgm64.pngwwisE3O.png
    edited November 2018
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LOT: Retail Rental
    LOT COST: n/a
    LOT NAME: Casbah Gallery
    GALLERY COST: § 89,882
    TOTAL COST: § 89,882
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here you go!
    ENTRY DETAILS: Located in the heart on San Myshuno, this would be the perfect space for you to start your own business. Five units for rent, all with a mezzanine floor, large display windows and a counter with cash register. Two smaller and three bigger units. One of the bigger units comes with fitting rooms. Large outdoor area featuring a recreational area with a water feature, car parking, bike parking and men's and women's restrooms.
    TWITTER TAG: linday_
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    TIzt7Jo9mRdlgxaz6QCiFNaZ9RKPibZH4977wM9jRVHjM7iMEnMJ9NY7kAxPWtKNuzzBn-sB8q7IQqLfxgWxm4RywN0-rJJcFlUcjxhi3h6GLJTSqsTXbqBq-rZaYj1rGXQVm3cnxhjsEF-Ox73LlvA_Fx9YZ95KYswSh2hRfpDf8YEbBjwYtf4oUZ7i5-grsZYWZZgOitcqOif6k3s0FoA15q8wFSAZAJMMPYc46ibWlrqoELHmssA4zgiOrb_ih3_Iayng4zBA5tlD4pRjRFS0DyTylFE5-7KLPPwNH4gmOVgTpkj4j9_K7i6HiHk4R2EqSu9I1vTT07MtgR4ya9jEv3fQNiyWhtuDcDd1wfN5LOv0HYh9pBzw_sDo8i5VT_o3D_30BKT_qBVd79OxD-fXQ_0Hlb6bcdh86TxQWy911vO6alnLnkIz-WsbuMBVuVutHp7OWr1BXSKPIVovZsBRs9qjKlBsONfLSun_AkhJEpeizqMLTTUd1ssKnrCEk5oqM83TKQwIXbnxFmuzoUbcHJJcs4GfuK_aGEtJhbeNYvitmu_wmrU2ScDTsmPqc0sGUaKzeF-SvcSuuAhNjjfpc8IOYFpmgVUi5UwWyEN6juKgGHVmnWUfzJOYXkC13Uv0V7EtUnYr_ARccbwhIeai=w1748-h983-no
    3YiqAF-XFnQ6BtqXpF3CqERO7LZ6SauFmKOrRYuws7id0WxmiFWo4tf8IeHt8KSVUNlplbnJ_sotc7_YUT7x8rO8o7TPrSaegEu-ThMMCEwU17HvDrh3Ng8UZHaM1bfKJGXiTFqU8v0ACkC8-PrEk2nDuCKEUsZiEnJ6jIkbRVsp_w4qOkNgJW4VdLjhKLm5Ggx2hd3VusmEgwmxpN8_D4l3Is_2_lgl6SFJltThxGjM3ZS74s0e_V80rACMyNR1kzkDPZxv-uIoOq6B9BCsZp2INkCFkp-UabciKYbGoPoRdM6dkvIfPBIe58KKIpl04OJ3tH2a1ydEh4hTzppJdTxnGOiW5pfIyEclp13oeD39snK33pDZSsTE8hLNZsY0l0KiXB0P_BZ8Jj3Bj3tXbafGdWkAKU32rbC_ytldL9zOY-Q1qafz71YxkBZcjRWAV0hETmZmFgl4xsaYCpfVHJSZXvGb3vn5rfLIMiESwlGNlZRqYP8ajOyBhiXIoqUzJkIxcEZ67BQSdcmbus9us4S8Z3iFdZqjyeqy9cxyF4izyJqVmGEZVapGKyPk_VQdiNBHmwPyFu6E7zrTfdF1Wl0kh_qfAAcOLOUVw1LBgLfSkzrMF02DEgNv3kiglxwbqwkjDn9K8vo6ougLbYvUU3zm5x_z1bzIi8Iei16lfnoBrd_54VvPL9p-38S6vRYqXktFDuXMu_VTJ2OMcQ=w1748-h983-no
    flobobunny wrote: »
    linday wrote: »

Hey Linds! Its so nice to see familiar names here still simming away. Hopefully I will get the hang of sims 4 and everything it has to offer and maybe even graduate to a full build eventually lol. Baby steps :wink: How are things with you? All good I hope.

And it's so nice to see another TS3 avi :D You seem to be sharing away, looks like you already graduated :P Someone's getting addicteeeeeed.... *grins* All well here, and you?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    ROOM: Nature's Bounty Florist
    GALLERY COST: 23,310
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/T3lu1t3
    ENTRY DETAILS: This small florist shop was the realization of owner Delshay Greyhorse's dream. It is family run, featuring many types of flowers and other plants, but also items related to gardening. The flower arrangements are all created by the family, but the artwork is a mix of their own work and that of other local artists who have agreed to have their work featured in the shop. In time, the shop will expand and offer more variety if it succeeds.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

FACEBOOK PROFILE:www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    wJNRSv9.png
    nloBvvr.png
    image.png
  • Laireen35Laireen35 Posts: 47 Member
    edited November 2018
    CHALLENGE #106: That Entrepreneurial Spirit
    FORUM ID: Laireen35
    ORIGIN ID: Laireen35
    TWITTER TAG: Laireen35
    LOT: Link to the Gallery
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Oasis Springs, Builders and Burners – renamed to ‘Oasis Retailers’
    BUILD COST: 89,941 §
    TOTAL COST: 89,941 §
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to pics on google photos

ENTRY DETAILS

THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT ~ Oasis Retailers ~

Newly developed retail lot in Oasis Springs' commercial district. The building is designed for 6 retailers, one of which is reserved for a coffee shop, leaving 5 retail spaces ready for rental.

This building has been constructed to fit the surrounding buildings in the district and bears a remarkable resemblance to the lot next to it, making it blend in perfectly with both the other buildings and the desert landscaping around it.

Layout:
    Ground floor: Main and back entrances, two available retail spaces, and a coffee shop with outdoors take away and outdoors seating. Stairs to upper floor.
    Upper floor: Three retail spaces of various sizes, restrooms and seating area. Fabulous skylight dome, letting the daylight in all the way down to the ground floor.
    Outside: Take away coffee shop and outdoors seating. Lots of spaces to rest, a place to park your bike or your car. Landscaping architects have matched the surrounding vegetation by using native plants and trees, such as palm trees and agaves.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A – No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vOj2voS.png
    30SFBdv.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2018
    CHALLENGE #106 – THAT ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT

FORUM ID: xamira99
    ORIGIN ID: xamira99
    LOT: Cubic SoHo
    LOT COST: Not Applicable
    LOT NAME: Preeminent Domain
    GALLERY COST: $78,410
    TOTAL COST: Not Applicable
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Cubic SoHo
    ENTRY DETAILS: The concept of the design is minimalist and inspired from the falling water fountain. For this build, the Cubic SoHo is a perfect retail venue for small business owners to sell their handicraft products. There’re 4 small retail stores. Each has their own balcony area except for the ground floor retail store. There’s also a small area for artists or visitors who would like to sell their paintings or run an exhibition. The customers are encourage to visit the Cubic SoHo by walking, however, there’s a car park & bicycle racks too. A public restroom is located on the ground floor near the bicycle racks for both customers & retailers. For entertainment purposes, the customers or visitors can also enjoy playing chess or enjoying the dancing water fountain while waiting for their family or friend shopping.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Not Applicable
    TWITTER TAG: @xamira_99
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Not Applicable
    TUMBLR LINK: Not Applicable
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EU6dDf5.png
    nqW12ml.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    edited November 2018
    FORUM ID: Adniram00
    ORIGIN ID: Simfarious
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F849DCB1E25511E884E1B573E4FD424D
    LOT COST: 8,000
    LOT NAME: Roadstead
    GALLERY COST: 88,724
    TOTAL COST: 96,724
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://photos.app.goo.gl/53EEmBm2pKRB6Xb9A
    ENTRY DETAILS: Joella's Variety is a amazonian style build with the traditional slate roofing and stucco walls. The landscaping and outdoor decorations give the shopper that adventure feeling. Four locations with light decorations so the future shop keepers can put their own touch on things. A bakery, fashion store, toy store and a art gallery are all available today!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited November 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LOT: Old Towne Shopping
    LOT COST: 3000
    LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows, Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: 89,390
    TOTAL COST: 92,390
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zxS5V9h
    ENTRY DETAILS: Old Towne Shopping is located in the Newcrest Historical District. There are 4 retail store fronts and 2 large residential apartments above the retail stores. There are stairs and ramps to make sure that the store fronts can be access by everyone. There is an area for busking and another to play chess.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    LqoxVaf.png
    iyn2lF0.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    `````
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2018
    SWmrjbs.jpg

It’s that time again - time for you to show off your awesome design skills! This round, we’ve taken a base game house and stripped it down completely - no roof, no siding, no flooring, no wall coverings and no terrain paint. It’s a blank canvas for you to completely decorate to your vision.

Well, almost completely blank that is… we’ve left a few items behind that you have to use in your design. The items must be used as-is - no substitutions, no changing the colors, and they must remain in the room in which you find them. You can, however, move the objects within the room as you see fit. Additionally, the items should help inform or inspire your design choices in that room in some way.

Shell - Front View
    8wc9Xxw.png

Ground Floor
    witosvh.jpg

Upper Floor
    vWp0oU0.jpg

As usual, there are a few more fine points, so please read the brief carefully.

The Brief:
    • All walls, windows and doors must remain in their places. No, you can’t move or delete any walls, windows or doors.
    • You CAN swap out existing doors, windows and arches for doors, windows and arches of the same size (1 tile for 1 tile, 2 tiles for 2 tiles).
    • You can change the color of any windows, doors or arches.
    • You can change the style of any stairs but not the size or location.
    • You can place the shell on any size lot in any world of your choice.
    • Equal attention in judging will be given to interior design, landscaping, and architectural design.
    • You cannot add onto the existing building, but you can add other, unattached buildings to the lot if you wish (ex. garage, potting shed, etc.)
    • Total Budget = 160,000 (shell + additions + lot cost = 160,000 max)
    • DDOWNLOAD SHELL HERE
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2018
    Questions about BNS107:
    1. Can I add a porch?
    2. Can I add windows as well as keeping the existing ones?
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top