Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I think I might be out on this one. Imgur is putting out one error after another. First I had to convince it that downloading 30 screenshots did not make me a robot - and reCaptcha is biased against visually impaired people, by the way. Then it somehow trigged share post while I was downloading another set of screenshots and I couldn't see how to cancel it without leaving the page. Now it won't let me move those images to the right album even when I try redownloading them instead of editing the album. ::throws up hands:: I did get several of the family, so I suppose I could just enter the sims challenge. Would that be all right, @BuildnShare?

Don't give up! Wait a little while and edit your album to add more pictures. I have gotten to the point where I add them one at a time because they end up all jumbled. Not saying to do that, but just try a smaller amount at a time and see if that works. I would love to see what you have done!

So far everyone has great builds!

It's behaving now. Seems somehow the album I was aiming for managed to get itself shared without me noticing. And I finished that set by adding a room's worth of pictures at a time. Did have to refresh a few times to get past more little annoying errors.

I am so very glad you made it in time! I can't wait to check it out (imgur is loading the images incredibly slow for me now...).

Question for whomever can answer it: what expansion or pack has the swing set in it? Thanks!

Thanks, and I hope you're able to make it too. I actually ended up signing out and closing imgur a few times to get it to cooperate long enough to finish.
    image.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks! I JUST got seasons, so I have not gotten a chance to look it over yet.

@SimTresa--mine has been posted for a while. I am just checking out everyone else's builds now! (and waiting for the next challenge while finishing the Sims 3 challenge. okay--too much multi-tasking)
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited October 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #104 -UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: Riverside Roost Remodel
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost
    GALLERY COST: 173,104
    TOTAL COST: 173,104
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OFQjuv8.png
    Spk9EIA.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • honeybrainedhoneybrained Posts: 20 Member
    FORUM ID: honeybrained
    ORIGIN ID: honeybrained
    LEVEL: first entry
    GALLERY COST: 127,938
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cgTkjNb
    ENTRY DETAILS: i tried to keep the exterior as close as possible to the original and included some additional details that i think make it fit in better with the new orleans feels of willow creek. i completely redid the floorplan so i could utilize the space better. both floors were extended so i could have enough rooms for all of the bedrooms as well as an office and playroom. i felt like such a large family would want a lot of different rooms to escape to lol. either of the new rooms could easily be converted into a bedroom in case the twins decide they want separate rooms when they get older. sorry that the screenshots are a bit blurry. i use a mac so ive been having issues with screenshots being blurry and upside down since august.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img][/img]F0ZgBBy.png
    [img][/img]SGP5txv.png
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    edited October 2018
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: CaramelLibra29
    ORIGIN ID: CaramelLibra29
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: Download Here
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Stayed true to storyline. Luna is the Senior manager of the Willow Creek Music Store called Muse and Saanvi is a short story writer but my be on the verge of her big break.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:Custom poses found on Lana CC finds (can't find creator's name) but used @MenaBuchner home as my backdrop
    TWITTER TAG: CaramelLibra29
    deCTaCF.jpg
    v1MTUMp.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2018
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Riverside Roost Redux
    LOT COST: N/A
    GALLERY COST: $136,167
    TOTAL COST: $136,167
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS104 - Unexpected Arrivals (Lot)
    ENTRY DETAILS: The classic modified double-shotgun has been yet again reimagined, this time with plenty of space for a big family! At five bedrooms and three baths, this house will be a comfortable and welcome home for the unexpected arrivals for years to come. These are great digs for a family on a budget who still wants everyone to be comfortable, and there is still room to expand as the children grow. #MOO #NoCC

My main goal with this remodel was to keep the feel of the original home, but to remake the interior into something warm and comforting as the children adjust to their new home. I think I struck a good balance of meeting development, interest, and space needs of the new arrivals with familiarity for the couple.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Islandheart Studio
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    riversideroostreduxbanner.jpg
    10-10-18_11-35-46c2a0am.png

Post edited by SimsIslandheart on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    This marks the official close of #BnS104 - Unexpected Arrivals. Some truly amazing renovations guys!! Good luck everyone.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    C8aupeD.jpg

You had sent Karl home early to beat the storm. You didn’t want him out in that, but you had some loose ends to clean up - or rather, you had models and sketches and a mess to clean up! You looked back over your design ideas and smile. You’ve always loved making a difference in people’s lives, the look on their faces when they see it… makes all the headaches worth it!

The wind was shaking the windows when you finally decided it was time to head home yourself. You gathered your things and turned out the lights, pulling your coat tight around you as you stepped outside and turned to lock up.

When you turned back around, you nearly jumped out of your skin! There was a figure looming over you in the darkness, seemingly materialized out of the fog.

“Good evening,” he says, voice smooth as velvet.

“G-good evening,” you manage to get out.

“I have not come at a bad time, have I?” the gentleman says.

“Bad time? Oh… no no, I was-” well you were just locking up to go home but does that really constitute ‘bad time’?

“I am glad. I apologize I could not have been here sooner.”

Well, you suppose staying a little later wouldn’t hurt, and you’d rather not stand out here so you unlock the door and escape from the elements. Oddly, your visitor does not follow you in.

“Please, do come in,” you say.

He smiles broadly as he steps inside. You aren’t entirely sure but it seems like his teeth are just a little… longer than average.

Shaking off your coat, you hang it back up and turn the lights on again. Now that you’re able to get a better look at your guest he seems far less looming than outside. You note the piercing eyes, the impeccable if somewhat outdated dress. He does not seem the least beaten by the storm, unlike yourself you’re sure.

“Won’t you sit down?” you ask, motioning to the conference table.

“Thank you,” he says, taking a seat. You can’t quite place the accent, but it seems familiar.

“Now, what can I do for you, Mr…?”
    “Ah, you may call me Seth.”

“Well, Mr. Seth, what can I do for you?”

“I am in need of a new residence,” he says. “My current will soon be- ah- uninhabitable. So I will need it quickly, by the end of the month and no later.”

“Of course, we often work on a tight schedule,” you say, though find his choice of words very odd.

“Good, I appreciate that,” he says. “But I require very particular details in my residence.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem,” you assure him, slipping easily back into your professional mode. “We have catered to a wide variety of needs.”

“Then what I am after is a subterranean residence, entirely below ground except for what must necessarily be above to access it.”

“Oh, that’s very do-able,” you say. “We can add skylights or-”

“No!”

He cuts you off so forcefully you jump slightly in your seat.
    “I apologize,” he quickly adds. “I just- no skylights. I, uh, value my privacy. I do not wish anyone to be able to see inside. Under any circumstances. No skylights, window wells, nothing. Please.”

“Very well,” you say. “There are plenty of lighting options.”

He relaxes again.

“I value my privacy, so a good fence around the property is a must. But I will need space for entertaining,” he says. “I host events every month.”

“Oh?” That seems interesting. “What kind of events?”

“Exclusive events. Very exclusive.”

“No, I mean…football parties, book club, art shows-”

“Yes! Art, that’s it,” he says, as if taking a conveniently offered excuse and running with it. “Very exclusive art showings. With necar. There will need to be a bar.”

“Okay.” You write that down but this is a very odd client! “And beyond that, is it just you? Just one bedroom or…?”

“Yes, only me. The usual parts of a house, yes. All that. But no mirrors!”

“No mirrors.” You jot down a few more notes. “Well, I think the only thing left is the cost-”

“Here is your payment,” he says, handing you a cashier’s check for… a great deal more than you were about to tell him you needed. You do not ask any questions.

“Well Mr. Seth, I think you’ll be very happy with your new place.”

“I hope so,” he says as he stands up. “After all, just ‘cause I’m dead doesn’t mean I can’t have a life!”

He laughs.

You laugh. Then the words sink in and you stop, but suddenly notice he is no longer standing there. Or, anywhere. You look back at the cashier’s check in your hand and shrug. Well, you’ve done weirder.

vPz5U5r.png
    • Your budget for this challenge is §150,000.
    • Design an entirely subterranean home except what must be above ground for access.
    • No natural lighting of any kind.
    • One bedroom minimum.
    • All the usual residential spaces.
    • Room for entertaining an exclusive group of people.
    • No mirrors

Room Challenge:
    Create Mr. Seth's room for entertaining, again, no mirrors or windows please, remember this is subterranean.
    Budget: $85,000

Sim Challenge:
    Make Mr Seth and show him entertaining his guests in his new space. He is a bit of a snob, but other than that the rest of his traits are up to you. Remember to let us know what other traits you chose for him, along with his aspiration and your reasonings.
    3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS105 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 24th October 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

5nd1sli.png
    This marks the official close of #BnS104 - Unexpected Arrivals. Some truly amazing renovations guys!! Good luck everyone.

Gosh darn it all!! Time just got away with me on this one. I'm almost complete so if you don't mind I might post my link to the photos just for fun later on. Good luck everyone, loving all the entries for this one. B)
    Hmm well I have wanted to do a subterranean house. And are you looking for a ghost? Cause I don't have Vampires.
    image.png
    edited October 2018
    Hmm well I have wanted to do a subterranean house. And are you looking for a ghost? Cause I don't have Vampires.

I think you could probably get away with designing a human to look like a vampire. Even without the expansion/stuff pack, there are some outfits that are elegant/outdated enough to work, and you could certainly tweak the facial features and hairstyles to work together. (I'm not a big fan of the "weirder" Halloween-esque looks on the vampires myself, so I rarely use them, even for my vampires' transformed state.) Caleb Vatore is one of my favorite vampires in the game, and his normal look is pretty reproduceable with a human.

EDIT: On further inspection, this is DEFINITELY doable! Mostly, because I didn't realize you can't make a vampire from the get-go in CAS. Shows how often I use vampires. XD I'm having to start with a human and then cheat the vampire trait once he's placed.
    Post edited by SimsIslandheart on

I think you could probably get away with designing a human to look like a vampire. Even without the expansion/stuff pack, there are some outfits that are elegant/outdated enough to work, and you could certainly tweak the facial features and hairstyles to work together. (I'm not a big fan of the "weirder" Halloween-esque looks on the vampires myself, so I rarely use them, even for my vampires' transformed state.) Caleb Vatore is one of my favorite vampires in the game, and his normal look is pretty reproduceable with a human.

EDIT: On further inspection, this is DEFINITELY doable! Mostly, because I didn't realize you can't make a vampire from the get-go in CAS. Shows how often I use vampires. XD I'm having to start with a human and then cheat the vampire trait once he's placed.

I do have some ideas, from the moment I saw ,Seth,. 😀😈
    image.png
  • TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    This is very open, I'm very interested to see just how different everyone's designs end up.
    edited October 2018
    @SimsIslandheart: LOVE your Seth!!!!! He looks awesome! There is a vampire cheat? hmmm need to search that!

On another note,

I am so very excited about this challenge that I have completed my Mr. Seth, the room, and the house! Now to play and take pictures (and hope my room is not taken down from the gallery)! I had no idea the cell was going to be so prominent, and I was silly and listed it as a dining room when the tables aren't even visible in the picture. After thinking about it (I thought it was funny, and still do), I can see people having problems with it.

Please take a look and tell me what you think...
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6891BA20CD6111E8876B77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS105&max=50&maxis=false

Thanks!
    @SimsIslandheart: LOVE your Seth!!!!! He looks awesome! There is a vampire cheat? hmmm need to search that!

On another note,

I am so very excited about this challenge that I have completed my Mr. Seth, the room, and the house! Now to play and take pictures (and hope my room is not taken down from the gallery)! I had no idea the cell was going to be so prominent, and I was silly and listed it as a dining room when the tables aren't even visible in the picture. After thinking about it (I thought it was funny, and still do), I can see people having problems with it.

Please take a look and tell me what you think...
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6891BA20CD6111E8876B77C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=BnS105&max=50&maxis=false

Thanks!

Thanks! I fell in love with him right away. He's going in my "permanent" world/game, along with the home I'm building for him.

To make a regular sim a vampire, use traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire - the reverse also works: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire makes vampires human. I don't use them that often, but it came in handy this time. <3

I'm loving your build! I am in the same boat - I got excited, made Seth, then started on his build right away, and before I knew it, I was almost done. :sweat_smile: I'm not at the playtesting stage yet, but nearly there! I love unique builds like this.

I'm really late for the last challenge. I have completed an entry form but if I have totally missed the boat then I am posting this just for fun!

CHALLENGE #104 -Unexpected Arrivals
    FORUM ID: glen1974
    ORIGIN ID: glen1974
    LEVEL: Established (Previously Expert but changed this as I have not been participating for a while)
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B6C2EE24CD9111E887A6526B46B29011?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=riverside roost redux&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    LOT COST:N/A
    LOT NAME: Riverside Roost Redux
    GALLERY COST: 179430
    TOTAL COST: (179430
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PG07MCu
    ENTRY DETAILS: After a false start where I went completly off track I managed to update Riverside Roost and keep the exterior in the style it was previously. The interior has been completly transformed with the addition of a basement/rumpus room being the biggest change. This open plan room is designed for the children and is totally their space where they can play and relax. It also has aself contained bedroom and bathroom and i devoted this room for the teenage son Faisal.
    I redid the layout of both ground and first floor removing hte existing bedroom form the ground floor and devoting htis space to the kitchne instead. There are 3 bedrooms on the now extended first floor which include Nila's bedroom, a nursery for the twins and a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/glen_mcnally
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]XoCx2VP.png
    [img][/img]PfQvQX1.png

edited October 2018
    glen1974 wrote: »
    I'm really late for the last challenge. I have completed an entry form but if I have totally missed the boat then I am posting this just for fun!

LEVEL: Established (Previously Expert but changed this as I have not been participating for a while)
    LOT:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B6C2EE24CD9111E887A6526B46B29011?category=all&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=downloads&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=riverside roost redux&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false
    ENTRY DETAILS: After a false start where I went completly off track I managed to update Riverside Roost and keep the exterior in the style it was previously. The interior has been completly transformed with the addition of a basement/rumpus room being the biggest change. This open plan room is designed for the children and is totally their space where they can play and relax. It also has aself contained bedroom and bathroom and i devoted this room for the teenage son Faisal.
    I redid the layout of both ground and first floor removing hte existing bedroom form the ground floor and devoting htis space to the kitchne instead. There are 3 bedrooms on the now extended first floor which include Nila's bedroom, a nursery for the twins and a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    [img][/img]PfQvQX1.png

@glen1974 - you're good to go! We've included you in the entry list, great job getting this up.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    glen1974 wrote: »

[img][/img]PfQvQX1.png

@glen1974 - you're good to go! We've included you in the entry list, great job getting this up.

Thanks guys, much appreciated :smile:

Thanks! I fell in love with him right away. He's going in my "permanent" world/game, along with the home I'm building for him.

To make a regular sim a vampire, use traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire - the reverse also works: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire makes vampires human. I don't use them that often, but it came in handy this time. <3

I'm loving your build! I am in the same boat - I got excited, made Seth, then started on his build right away, and before I knew it, I was almost done. :sweat_smile: I'm not at the playtesting stage yet, but nearly there! I love unique builds like this.

Thanks for all your help! I also love unique builds, and I was bummed that the Sims 3 challenge was not Halloween related. lol Seth got stuck behind the public restrooms in the park across from his house. He is going to burn! rofl or die of plasma hunger... I have no idea how he got behind the restroom. Guess I will end up putting another copy of him down to play. I did get enough pictures though, so full steam ahead on that...tomorrow :D

LOL I had an idea for a future challenge while working on this build (underground home with candles near books...SAFETY THIRD, AMIRITE? XD). We should have a challenge to create the most hazardous home possible. Fire hazards, drowning hazards, falling hazards (I'm imagining first/second floor stairs that train directly into basement stairs...XD) - if it's probably not a good idea to have in a home, we should do it! (I realize sims can't ACTUALLY die from things like a candelabra right next to a stack of ancient papers, but...the appearance is the idea.) I mean...I have to stop myself from doing this to my sims all the time anyway, but I'd love to see what other people come up with. <3

Okay, back to building this deathtrap home for Seth. :sweat_smile:
    edited October 2018
    ROFL What a wonderful idea! I may have problems with that kind of assignment, but after the fires on the last one, maybe not. ;) oops! that was the Sims 3 challenge!
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member

The normal sim in CAS is a throw away, when you make an alien or vampire . The second sim you make has the option to be created as an occult.

Make the vamp toss the other sim.
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member

The normal sim in CAS is a throw away, when you make an alien or vampire . The second sim you make has the option to be created as an occult.

Cebu2cool wrote: »

Yes, but why should you need to toss a sim? It should be an option from the get-go, just like it was in Sims 3 with occult sims. I never had to throw away a sim to make the head of house a fairy or other type. While I was looking for a solution, I also found people who were frustrated about having tweaked a sim's appearance just right and then changed their mind about them being vampire/human - then having to throw them away just as you said. It was there I discovered you can't even make a twin of the original sim to play with vampire traits or dark forms before you decide, because it makes the twin human automatically.

I know plenty of simmers have posted that they can make a sim in five minutes, but I am one who takes a long time to make just the right decisions on facial features, hair, makeup, etc. It's a lot quicker and easier to use the cheat, try them as a vampire, and if I decide I like that, modify their dark form in advanced CAS through the cheats if necessary.
    edited November 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS104 - Unexpcted Arrivals
    Your results are now available here.3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file