Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited May 2020
    CHALLENGE #137 - Starstruck
    FORUM ID: Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID: Wendyology
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise
    NEW LOT LINK: ‪https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/56ABD5588E0811EA857F6B07E7FA6E3B?‬
    LOT COST: 4000
    GALLERY COST: 75,838
    TOTAL COST: 79,838
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/hWjFNAl
    ENTRY DETAILS: Built on the remote Chateau Frise property, this farmhouse is a perfect spot for music star Diana Grace to unwind and write new songs. Balancing rustic and dramatic the entryway has a double staircase and a nice circular flow to the rooms allowing for ease of movement. For convenience there is also a half bath on the ground floor. Upstairs, there is a loft office and three cozy bedrooms along with two bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vTC09bc.png
    LKaAKH5.png
    @BuildnShare I don't see a budget for the room challenge. Is it okay if I add a few finishing touches that the overall budget didn't allow for?
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    wendyology wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I don't see a budget for the room challenge. Is it okay if I add a few finishing touches that the overall budget didn't allow for?

Thanks for bringing this oversight to our attention. ***The budget for the room challenge will be $25,000.***

If you do go over the budget of the challenge, you can still show your build, but it would not be eligible to be judged for the challenge. Some ways to keep the build cost down:
    -use bb.showhiddenobjects which has many helpful objects for less or no cost.
    _use cheaper wallpaper and floors where possible.
    -use cheaper versions of furniture, doors, windows, etc.
    _use fewer objects/plants but make them bigger to fill in empty spaces.
    -if possible, use less walls or basement, since that can lower the actual building costs.

@iampes23 Thanks for the clarification!
  • Carther99Carther99 Posts: 3 New Member
    Is it considered illegal to use bb.showliveeditobjects
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Carther99 Liveeditobjects are perfectly fine to use! They can be quite useful, especially when on a budget! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    edited May 2020
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    ROOM: ‪https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7B12F1138E5C11EA834AF1287B923A97?‬
    GALLERY COST: 20,080
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/oT0kUK5
    ENTRY DETAILS: A bright and cheerful spot to entertain and play music. Overall the style is eclectic with a mix of older and newer furniture tied together by the palate of yellow and white with splashes of blue.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: sure
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

5UeNdPl.png
    I73PP2B.png
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE: Easter Bonus Challenge
    (For Funzies)

FORUM ID: HIGHER_DESIGN
    ORIGIN ID: HIGHER-DESIGN
    LEVEL: Expert

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise
    NEW LOT LINK: Country Quarters
    LOT COST: §4,000
    GALLERY COST: §151,752
    TOTAL COST: §155,752

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: A large coastal home, with expansive gardening center, arts and craft shed, and childrens play space. The interior is host to a large country kitchen, living space, small office, and gym, with indoors laundry and dual nurseries for two boys, and four girls. Enjoy!

iGMocXv.png
    Post edited by HIGHER_DESIGN on
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    O wow @BuildnShare - promoted! Thank you so much :)<3:) and thank you for the congrats @Allears 🙏😊

I’ve been awol for a few weeks due to a stressy start of the crisis and then losing my laptop to home schooling and working from home (plus losing so much free time to constantly cooking enough to fill a 15yr old boy while he can’t leave the house, goodness me boys can eat!!).....but a couple of lovely messages me drew me back to find a great surprise and SO MANY AWESOME BUILDS!! You guys have been killing it B)<3 👏👏👏

I’m not sure if I’ll get enough build time to properly enter this months challenge but I’ll give it a try.....and I promise to drop in more to admire your excellent work 😉
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    mrc9I9B.png

3gHHX7s.png

We have been very busy recruiting this week and would like to give a very big welcome to our new judges.

For Sims 4 we have @EuphorialQueen, @alisim19, @kreatora and @aljay and for Sims 3 we have @blair2396.

aeOhBme.pngtC8wtbL.pngMsiLbgB.pnglpYhIdu.pngJNDeJHP.png

Keep your eyes peeled on the Winners Circles as results for past challenges will be flooding in soon.

We're all looking forward to seeing more of your future entries.

Happy simming to you all :)

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited May 2020
    Congrats to @EuphorialQueen, @alisim19, @kreatora and @aljay and @blair2396 and welcome ! :smiley:
    ( I adore all of them :mrgreen: )
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    @BuildnShare ,
    The budget is still 80K?
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Welcome to the new Judges !
    <3
    @AIRIS6962 yes the budget is 80K. This is to include the Gallery cost of the build plus the cost of the lot it's placed on :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Hurrah and welcome to the new judges!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End
    NEW LOT LINK: Timber Cottage
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $76,834
    TOTAL COST: $79,834
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: I think I went a lot more rustic than she wanted, but I love it! In order to keep the rustic theme I decided to mainly do neutrals (grey, brown, black, white) with a pop of purple through out. I tried to make an interesting shell with a lot of space for any partying that may occur! I ran out of money so I decided to scrap the landscaping.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

iHDHRdX.png
    YQhYzaS.png
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    CHALLENGE #137 - Starstruck (ROOM)
    ROOM: Timber Cottage LR
    GALLERY COST: $15,428
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created a unique shaped room and did a lighter version of the rustic home I created for Diana. It is still only using a pop of purple mixed with white, grey, black, and brown. To make it formal I included a piano and a bar. There is also a tv, a book nook, and a fireplace that makes to space very cozy.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

KvIxH3P.png
    sW4ISgN.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End
    NEW LOT LINK: Timber Cottage
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $76,834
    TOTAL COST: $79,834
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here.
    ENTRY DETAILS: I think I went a lot more rustic than she wanted, but I love it! In order to keep the rustic theme I decided to mainly do neutrals (grey, brown, black, white) with a pop of purple through out. I tried to make an interesting shell with a lot of space for any partying that may occur! I ran out of money so I decided to scrap the landscaping.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

iHDHRdX.png
    YQhYzaS.png

Please consider using debug objects to landscape. I would hate to see you lose points on such a nice build because you didn't include any landscaping, which is a big part of the judging.
    image.png
    edited May 2020
    mrc9I9B.png

3gHHX7s.png

We have more news regarding BuildnShare judging.

@Allears has taken on the additional role of Sims 4 judge and @_Princess_Natasha_ will be once again helping with Sims 3 judging.

GroSb6Q.png
    3CrCSwV.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #135 Spring Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @BuildnShare That is fantastic news! I am so happy you have further help and support. This is such a big challenge sometimes with so many entries, this is very good news indeed! Thank you for helping make BuildnShare so good good by helping out as judges @EuphorialQueen @AliSim19 @kreatora @AlJay @blair2396 @Allears @princess_natasha_

Is there something other than judging you would like my help with? @BuildnShare ?
    @BuildnShare That is fantastic news! I am so happy you have further help and support. This is such a big challenge sometimes with so many entries, this is very good news indeed! Thank you for helping make BuildnShare so good good by helping out as judges @EuphorialQueen @AliSim19 @kreatora @AlJay @blair2396 @Allears @princess_natasha_

Is there something other than judging you would like my help with? @BuildnShare ?

Very kind of you to offer @JojoMOMSTER and thank you so much. We're fully covered at the moment but if anything crops up we'll let you know :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Attention, Starting Out entrants for #137 A Tiny Hangout!
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you @AIRIS6962 @JojoMOMSTER @Pinkusfamily and @wendyology .......a little bit nervous but so thrilled to be able to give something back and get involved!!! <3 😘 <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top