March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't photoshop anything either, Kulthero777...never even thought about doing that. I don't have that kind of time. :p I'm looking for another solution besides Photobucket too, so if anyone has any recommendations, I'd love to hear 'em. It needs to be free though. ;)
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited October 2014
    I hope my entry went through! It said it needed approval :\ Never had that happen before.. guess I'll wait a while and try again if not!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 4

FORUM ID: Simhead70

ORIGIN ID: Simhead70

LEVEL: Starting out

SIM: Mr. William Green

LOT: Victorian Home 4

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Build and Share 4?sort=6

Dining Room Challenge: (Optional) http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Build and Share 4/Build and share 4 dining room challenge?sort=6

Cost: $269,142 30x20

ENTRY DETAILS: This is challenge #4 and this was certainly a challenge for me. But very enjoyable. I may have gone a little bit more on the photo's this time, But I really wanted you all to see every view. I could not for the life of me get poor Mr. Green to meet his Hysteria death so I just took pictures of his previous life :) . I did how ever get to do the dining room challenge also (at least an 8x6 room) On some of my pics, some things disappear when I take a picture. Thank you for viewing and Happy Early Halloween.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sorry double posted Sorry!

b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
    I hope my entry went through! It said it needed approval :\ Never had that happen before.. guess I'll wait a while and try again if not!

Were you trying to post images with your entry? Sometimes the forum filters won't let you do it. I would suggest posting without images and then edit your post to add them if you need them.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    @Kulthero777: You can add music to a PowerPoint presentation too.
    @BryonyRae: PowerPoint online is free. If you have a Microsoft account, you have OneDrive. There you can make such presentations.
    edited October 2014
    BryonyRae wrote: »

Were you trying to post images with your entry? Sometimes the forum filters won't let you do it. I would suggest posting without images and then edit your post to add them if you need them.

Nope just links.. it still isn't letting me.. I tried again too(watch it post both twice!) I'm gonna try again in the am if they haven't shown up :s

Edit: Actually I just got an idea to post a plain comment and edit it from there... totally worked! yayz! :D
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: allisoneg02
    ORIGIN ID: allisoneg02
    LEVEL: Established
    SIM: Mr. Green #BuildnShare4
    LOT: Vintage Haunt #BuildnShare4
    ROOM: Elegant Eatery #BuildnShare4

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s1353.photobucket.com/user/simsdesigns02/slideshow/Build%20n%20Share%204

ENTRY DETAILS: Home-This home comes from a time when living was much simpler and much more elegant than today. Complete with every luxury one could hope for while living in the world, or the next! $172,892
    Sim- Born in the early 1800s Mr. Green never took life as seriously as he should have. Despite his early demise he is back and determined to achieve his dream of being a famous comedian.
    Room- This dining room has all you need to host an elegant party that will be sure to impress your guests! 5x7 $19,973
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2014
    CHALLENGE #: Build N Share Challenge 4
    FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    LEVEL: Starter (Not sure I've quite got to grips with build mode on sims 4 for established)

SIM: (Not Created)
    LOT: Victorian Living (Search my Origin ID RachelShennan and you should find the lot)

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://simmershenn.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/the-sims-4-build-n-share-challenge-4.html

ENTRY DETAILS: I had sooooo much trouble with this build, firstly, only decided to enter tuesday so spent most of my day building it, issues with walls not being allowed to be edited (you'll see in the master bedroom, I couldn't delete the stupid wall), I couldn't change the fence around my house either so another bug in the game. However, I love building victorian houses and I love the kitchen and dining room of my build. I've tried to be continuous throughout my build with the style as well.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.
    Post edited by RachelShennan on
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2014
    @RachelShennan the same thing was happening to me. I could only add/delete certain walls by using the undo/redo button. I think it had something to with the roof pieces. This also ended up making my attic inaccessible which was a bummer. It kept saying "OP Generic failed" or something like that as well as "wall does not exist" even though I was staring right at it.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
    [quote="DieterPrivate;12902340
    @BryonyRae: PowerPoint online is free. If you have a Microsoft account, you have OneDrive. There you can make such presentations.[/quote]

Ooh, thank you, @DieterPrivate. Just took it for a test drive, and it looks like it might be just the ticket!

• celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    I actually use this free program called OpenOffice from the Apache Software. It's an awesome program because it does let you create your presentation, write stories, use xcel-like program and a bunch of other things. I mainly use it for story typing and making presentations. As for where to post the presentations, I used slideshare.net to post the presentation.

And yes, you do have the option of adding music to the presentation and what not.

@Kulthero777 and @BryonyRae

If I do any kind of photo editing, I use Corel Painter. Sadly, I have to do a bit of a dance with MS Paint before I get it to Corel. Ah well, all's well that ends well!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Starter
    SIM: Did not enter (Had SUCH a hard time! I killed him by laughter but he only came out once so he wasn't playable...sorry!)
    LOT: Haunted Victorian
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/Buildnshare4?sort=6
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    A two story, Victorian with front parlor, music room, formal dining, kitchen, ballroom, and two guest baths. Upstairs includes guest bedroom and bath, drawing room, study, theater room (which ghost William bought an HD tv later on in his afterlife), master bedroom and master bathroom with balcony. See if you can spot Grim getting friendly with someone, Mr. Green's demise, and his urns. ;) (Yes, I had to kill him twice to no avail!!!!)

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    6qjnna.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:4
    FORUM ID: benlow11
    ORIGIN ID: benlow11
    LEVEL: Established
    SIM: Did not have time so I used the ghost by @BryonyRae
    LOT: Green's Victorian
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://www.slideshare.net/benlow11/greens-victorian
    ENTRY DETAILS:This 2 bed, 3 bath Victorian home comes complete with a kitchen, dining room, living room, drawing/music room, office, card room, garden area, and a woodworking gazebo. I didn't have as much time as I usually have for my builds, so hopefully it still looks and flows ok. This build was definitely different for me.

Edit: Lot has been uploaded to the gallery and I forgot to include the price: Gallery price is 206,557, I used the lot Potter's Splay which is 2,500, so total price is 209,057.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None, I didn't even use any of the plumbob lights.

Credit for ghost: I did not have time to try to design and kill Mr. Green so I used the ghost that BryonyRae uploaded and took some pictures of him enjoying his new home with one of my sims, Candy Bubbles. :)
    Post edited by benlow11 on
    Datkid wrote: »
    @RachelShennan the same thing was happening to me. I could only add/delete certain walls by using the undo/redo button. I think it had something to with the roof pieces. This also ended up making my attic inaccessible which was a bummer. It kept saying "OP Generic failed" or something like that as well as "wall does not exist" even though I was staring right at it.

Remove (or move) your roof first, then it will work again. After finished, add (or move) the roof again.
    edited October 2014
    Ooh, thank you, @DieterPrivate. Just took it for a test drive, and it looks like it might be just the ticket!

It's the closest thing for a nice presentation I could found. But I'm waiting for sway, as it seems it will be so much easier and better to create great presentations.

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    All these houses are great. I am just worried about my entry, was it accepted or not how will I know. Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but this is my first. :)
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    @Issabella14 I think you are good. You might want to add the price of you build too. But I'm not really sure if that's required, someone from the BnS crew could answer that better.

I do have a helpful tip though. If you put the walls all the way up and hit the tab key, you can take pictures of each room that looks like you are actually inside the build. The tab key brings you into what is called "camera man" mode. You can change the camera angle using the mouse. You can use the arrow keys to move around. And you can use "E" and "Q" to change the height of the camera. (**Forgot to mention that you have to be in live mode to do this.)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 4
    Forum ID: Rostri-Jodu
    Origin ID: rostrijodu
    Level: Expert
    Sim: Mr. Jonathan Green: A Cheerful, Childish, Goofball, Joke Star
    Build: Victorian Hugo
    Link to entry slideshow: http://imgur.com/a/4XkcS#0
    Entry Details: A 30 x 20 Residential Lot, with 2 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms, Valued at 214,844 Simoleons, Not Including the Lot
    Credit for CC/Recolors: N/A
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    > @Carewren123 said:
    > Issabella14 I think you are good. You might want to add the price of you build too. But I'm not really sure if that's required, someone from the BnS crew could answer that better.
    >
    > I do have a helpful tip though. If you put the walls all the way up and hit the tab key, you can take pictures of each room that looks like you are actually inside the build. The tab key brings you into what is called "camera man" mode. You can change the camera angle using the mouse. You can use the arrow keys to move around. And you can use "E" and "Q" to change the height of the camera. (**Forgot to mention that you have to be in live mode to do this.)

Thanks for the tip Carewren, I didn't know that. :D
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #3

Just to let you know that the Expert results for challenge #3 are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #3

Just to let you know that the Expert results for challenge #3 are now available here.

Congrats to all the winners! Nicely done.

@Lebanna or @FaithofKaela Could I get a clarification regarding whether we should include crafted content in our builds? I'm talking about paintings, carvings, collectibles, etc. that Sims can create or find in game. It's a kind of unique situation in TS4 right now, because such objects do not transfer, and as they do not transfer, they do not add to the cost of the build (it looks like they do while you are playing the build, but as soon as you save it to the Gallery, the price will drop by the amount of those objects). I have been assuming that we should not use them because it would be the same as using $0 cost debug items, and also because since they don't transfer, they won't actually show up in anyone else's version of the home but our local one.
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Creepsa
    ORIGIN ID: Creepsa
    LEVEL: Expert (I think)
    SIM: -
    LOT: The Worner Villa
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/6FflG#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: This big Victorian house was built in the 1800's but was abandoned shortly after. We found it and thought, that it would be the perfect house for Mr. Green to live in, so we restored it. It still might look a little worn down and rusty, but don't let it fool you. The interior is brand new and with plenty of light. The house has got total of 5 fireplaces and the yellowish lights give it an older look. Total cost was 305 507 simoleons.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None was used.

This was so difficult! Why on Earth was this so difficult? I decided to do a light interior and it was hard, everything seemed to be blue when I needed the gold details so in the end I just gave up. This is not the best interior I've done but I love the exterior in the morning light.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Lebanna or @FaithofKaela Could I get a clarification regarding whether we should include crafted content in our builds? I'm talking about paintings, carvings, collectibles, etc. that Sims can create or find in game. It's a kind of unique situation in TS4 right now, because such objects do not transfer, and as they do not transfer, they do not add to the cost of the build (it looks like they do while you are playing the build, but as soon as you save it to the Gallery, the price will drop by the amount of those objects). I have been assuming that we should not use them because it would be the same as using $0 cost debug items, and also because since they don't transfer, they won't actually show up in anyone else's version of the home but our local one.

Hey @BryonyRae, when showcasing your builds we always want to see what you have done to make your builds unique. It is much more difficult in TS4 as we have lost the CASt tool. In TS3 we always allowed buydebug items, even if their costs were negligible, as they are freely available in the game, the only time we do not allow $0 items in when they are CC and replace an item that should cost substantially more. When it comes to costing in TS4, I would recommend keeping a tab of the cost as you build, if you are using crafted items like paitings/wood work etc. We know that they do not transfer, but as we judge solely on the media that you provide, it can make such a huge difference to the feel of a home. The choice, as always is yours as to how you go about showcasing your homes.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top