March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    Hello :) I have started a thread that is called "Building Hotkeys, tips, tutorials and more " The link is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796520/building-hotkeys-tips-tutorials-and-more
    If any of you have discovered great building tutorials, tips or websites whilst doing your contest entries and building in sims 4, I would be delighted if you posted them on the thread to share them with other simmers.
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    That is a very nice thread Rosemow! Thank you, if I come across something, I will let you know :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    See? This is what I love about this thread, these challenges. Everyone is so willing to help each other out. Yes, it's a competition, but what matters most is stepping up to make sure we all have fun and have an equal chance to learn and grow together. Y'all make me smile! :)

That is definitely why I love Build 'n' share too!

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 4
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT: Ghostly Manor

Hi, I have my Manor done and ready to enter but I cannot post any pictures here. How do I post my pictures.
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM<br />

Hi, I have my Manor done and ready to enter but I cannot post any pictures here. How do I post my pictures.

If you have a photobucket or other image site just provide the URL in your entry and I'm sure the judges can copy and past ;)

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: Ghostly #4
    FORUM ID: EEtheridge
    ORIGIN ID: EEtheridge
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Oakley Manor
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s369.photobucket.com/user/gs_lady_2008/slideshow/The Sims 4/TS4_Build-N-Share Challenge 4?sort=9
    ENTRY DETAILS: A Victorian home on 20x30 lot featuring 2 bedrooms each with an ensuite, it includes a separate Kitchen, Dinging room, Drawing room, and second floor study; and Victorian style landscaping. #buildnshare #buildnshare4 #victorian #nocc
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, The ghostly sim in my pic was created by DieterPrivate (Thanks again @DieterPrivate)
    10-17-14_9-45nbspPM_zpsb7385a87.png
    Post edited by EEtheridge on
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2014
    Seeing people ready with their builds makes me so nervous, I've still got so much interior decorating to do... It's so hard, it seems like every single object has already been in at least 3 different places, anybody else with the same problem?

Edit: Are we allowed to use the buydebug cheat?
    Creepsa wrote: »
    Seeing people ready with their builds makes me so nervous, I've still got so much interior decorating to do... It's so hard, it seems like every single object has already been in at least 3 different places, anybody else with the same problem?<br />
    <br />

Yes, buydebug is allowed :)

• DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2014
    Seeing people ready with their builds makes me so nervous, I've still got so much interior decorating to do... It's so hard, it seems like every single object has already been in at least 3 different places, anybody else with the same problem?<br />
    <br />

The hardest part for me was going through the place and making sure I didn't use the same pictures all over the house and the same sculptures in different rooms. You could try using the clutter items or resizing certain objects to give the interior a more diverse look.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Lebanna wrote: »
    <br />

I thought buydebug wasn't allowed, since it gives you free items...or does it not matter for this particular challenge since there is no budget?

• KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    I am conceding this challenge. The Victorian is just way out of my scope of ability. For every step forward I thought I was taking, I took two steps back... I am still just on the exterior... and I'm not all that happy with it. I've demolished the better part of the house 3 times now because I wasn't happy with what was there and what should be there... The only parts of it that I did like were the fountain area in the back that I made look more like a pond with the fish fountain figure... the back porch (but, having to be built on a diagonal to achieve that look, it leaves the rest of that side of the house really really awkward)... and then the sun room. But, everything else... just didn't fit right... I couldn't put that puzzle together.

I've got a royal headache... I've been working feverishly on this the last several days... stopping to research this, research that... I just can't do it the justice that it deserves. I think I'm going to go back and play with my Mr. Green and de-stress a bit! =)

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to see everyone's entries! So far, they have been beautiful! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
    > @allisoneg02 said:
    > Issabella14 wrote: »
    >
    > OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

>
    > Hi, I have my Manor done and ready to enter but I cannot post any pictures here. How do I post my pictures.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have a photobucket or other image site just provide the URL in your entry and I'm sure the judges can copy and past ;)

Thank you Allison, could you tell me how can a post a picture on this site. Is there a special format?
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Seeing people ready with their builds makes me so nervous, I've still got so much interior decorating to do... It's so hard, it seems like every single object has already been in at least 3 different places, anybody else with the same problem?
    <br />

But keep in mind, nothing from buydebug transfers. :|

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT: Ghostly Manor

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/media/10-25-14_11-54nbspAM_zps8c60bac7.png.html
    Okay I have done it. I have used CC as there is not much wall and floor choices. Here is the list I used.

WALLS:
    Chumcha's holy simoly plaster concersion black
    GTA 2t4 05 & GTA 2t4 04
    the brickery elite
    better days brick fucade
    stripo o stripes
    dashing deco
    posies & poinsettia
    and Modern brocade

FLOORS:
    heartwood plank flooring
    oldwood floor 6
    carpet basics
    classic large-format flagstone
    quaint flagstone
    construction quality conrete
    and Bowl of cherrywood floors

The only object CC I used was the pumpkins, and hay bale table. (Just a pumpkin, Hay bale table)

Please let me know if I need to post more information. Once again Allison thanks for your help. :)
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    <br />

But keep in mind, nothing from buydebug transfers. :|

Oh that is good to know. And that Sucks.

@Rostri-jodu Buydebug was allowed for our The Sims 3 challenges, so I don't see a reasoni why wouldn't allow it in these The Sims 4 challenges. So make use of those free items! :)

• allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    > @allisoneg02 said:<br />
    > Issabella14 wrote: »<br />

Thank you Allison, could you tell me how can a post a picture on this site. Is there a special format?

You have to be a member to post links and images. Once you do there are buttons along the top which allow you to insert image or hyperlink :)

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
    @Issabella14 We don't need a picture with your entry form though :) That's just for people themselves (we don't mind either).
    All we need is a link to your slideshow or photoalbum on a photosharing site :)
    So don't worry about getting a picture in your comment, as long as you share your pictures on a photosharing site with us :)

• Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Kulthero777
    ORIGIN ID: Kulthero777
    LEVEL: Expert?

SIM: William Green (human version & ghost)
    LOT: Eerie Estate

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Video - - Slideshow

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Eerie Estate: This Victorian/Gothic style home has 3 bedrooms (2 master suites & 1 nursery), 3 full bathrooms, formal living & dining rooms, kitchen with breakfast nook, study/library, music/ballroom, gentleman's lounge with game area and bar, covered porches, balconies & barbeque patio.
    William Green: Mr. Green is a gentleman from the 1800's who's wish was to become a famous comedian. While he didn't get to fulfill his lifetime wish, he went out laughing and died of hysteria.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No custom content. Base game compatible.

Credits (video only):
    Original musical arrangement "Alice Human Sacrifice" by Kira Oshiro (my daughter) http://facebook.com/kiraoshiro.1
    Alice Image by Lyzius DeviantArt http://placebofx.deviantart.com/
    SFX Music Clip "Psycho" by http://freesfx.co.uk

Additional Notes:
    My previous videos weren't accepted well by the judges, so I am including a slideshow. I feel this is limiting me because I do not have the same skill sets and/or software available to me to get them looking good. I feel a bit stunted and that my slideshow lacks the kind of creativity that I can offer in video form. This saddens me since in the past four years I have been participating in BnS challenges, this has never been an issue. I don't want to be a cookie cutter, my "art" is my own style and I don't expect everyone to love it. I appreciate feedback, however if it is only in comparing me to how others do it, that doesn't seem very constructive. I want feedback that helps me to become a better creator, not be like everyone else. Doing that would be totally unachievable and go against my own set of ethics. It is great to gain inspiration from others, but I don't want to be exactly like everyone else and I don't want to copy anyone. I love to build, I'm not into actually playing with Sims. I founded the BUILDSims request team so that I could be a part of the Sims Community in other ways, but we don't always get enough requests to keep me busy. BnS offers a way to keep me goal oriented and improve upon what I like to do. I cannot hope to please everyone, but I do hope that some of you appreciate my videos.
    > @allisoneg02 said:
    > Issabella14 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You have to be a member to post links and images. Once you do there are buttons along the top which allow you to insert image or hyperlink :)

Thanks Allison, I am registered to this site but I have not been long enough here to have those privileges, so I have posted the link without the "http". I hope that will do :)
    edited October 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: BryonyRae
    ORIGIN ID: BryonyRae
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIM: William Green (or search my hashtag, #bryscreations)
    LOT: Green's Blue Victorian (or search my hashtag, #bryscreations)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Click Here - Note, best when viewed in Pause mode, and some important information in the titles (which Photobucket has the unfortunate tendency to fade out).

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Mr. Green should feel right at home in this charmingly detailed 2 bedroom, 3 bath Victorian that features an exquisite music/living room, formal dining room, kitchen, two luxurious master suites, and a very special garden. This home is 100% Old World - not a modern convenience to be found! Thank goodness there was no budget, because Old World charm doesn't come cheap! I hope Mr. Green has $285,379 stashed away somewhere...

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Additional Notes:
    My previous videos weren't accepted well by the judges, so I am including a slideshow. I feel this is limiting me because I do not have the same skill sets and/or software available to me to get them looking good. I feel a bit stunted and that my slideshow lacks the kind of creativity that I can offer in video form. This saddens me since in the past four years I have been participating in BnS challenges, this has never been an issue. I don't want to be a cookie cutter, my "art" is my own style and I don't expect everyone to love it. I appreciate feedback, however if it is only in comparing me to how others do it, that doesn't seem very constructive. I want feedback that helps me to become a better creator, not be like everyone else. Doing that would be totally unachievable and go against my own set of ethics. It is great to gain inspiration from others, but I don't want to be exactly like everyone else and I don't want to copy anyone. I love to build, I'm not into actually playing with Sims. I founded the BUILDSims request team so that I could be a part of the Sims Community in other ways, but we don't always get enough requests to keep me busy. BnS offers a way to keep me goal oriented and improve upon what I like to do. I cannot hope to please everyone, but I do hope that some of you appreciate my videos.

I'm sorry you feel this way! It's never our intention to limit someone art. We just prefer still pictures over a video because it's easier for us to compare your rooms (not to other contestants). And since we write our feedback while going through your media, we often have things like: So many pretty things, what did I like best? Or, what would be the biggest point to give feedback on. Or we have seen so many different houses, we weren't sure what your dining room looked like, and like to scroll back to remind us. Those things are a bit more difficult when it's a video, because you have to search for the right time when that dining room was again. Or when scrolling back or forth quickly to find that one thing, it's faster with pictures, than watching a whole video again.

It's definitely not because we do not like video's, we love them! And weren't for practical reasons, we would definitely encourage them. But it's just not practical. I hope I didn't offend you in any way.
    We also don't mind unedited/raw screenshots :) No reason for high skills in photo editing. It's nice to look at, but we judge on the build and if it's presented well (and this can be done with the angle a screenshot was taken, not the editing).

When I enter (which is rarely these days), I don't edit them either. I just add the name of my build, and the challenge name/number to the first screen. And add my name to the screenshots, and that is it :)

I'm glad you still want to enter after this :) We hate to loose someone because of a disagreement.

• DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    edited October 2014
    Additional Notes:

I have taken a look at your video, and to be honest, it's actually a slideshow in video format. So I don't see the reason for it being a video. What you could do is create your slideshow first, in software like PowerPoint, and then export it into a video. What's the reason you want to have a video? For sharing? Just curious...
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    @BryonyRae: I really like your build, and the name is great! I like the word play. I already saw it in the gallery yesterday and faved it. It has so many details...
    Thank you very much, @DieterPrivate! Glad you caught that with the name. ;)
  • Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Lebanna: Thank you so much for the clarification. I was worried because it was my understanding that we were judged on our images, I didn't know it didn't matter if they weren't done all fancy. I was worried that if I didn't Photoshop everything it wasn't going to be good enough and I don't have that program. It is much harder to get photos looking good with MSPaint. Whereas I do have the Windows MovieMaker program (I add the pictures to it from my screenshots folder and music if I have it) to make video slideshows so I thought I could make it look better that way. For the slideshow this time I used Photobucket and unless I use another editing program the descriptions don't show up unless the viewer hovers over the image.

@DieterPrivate: I never thought of using PowerPoint but I could try that out next time, it should make adding descriptions to my images a whole lot easier! I do still like making the videos though, the ability to add music to a video can create a mood and I get a chance to show off some of my daughter's music like what I used in this last video. Kira is 15, and a Simmer too. She sometimes helps me out with color choices when I am decorating Sims houses and I always ask her if something new I try out doesn't look right because I can always count on her honest opinion. I have been encouraging her creativity and I am very proud of her musical talent. She has also recently gotten into building and is working on making some Sims themed music. She creates modern style houses. Before BnS, I was not very confident about building but the feedback from the judges really helped a lot, not only with learning what works but also for gaining the confidence to share my creations. I hope that one of these days she decides to share her building creations too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top