Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Amazing @equuest !!! :o:o:o:o<3<3<3
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Wow, fantastic work @equuest :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @equuest I agree with @StSciurus and @FaithofKaela Wow, it is amazing!! I haven't even started mine yet, but I've got an idea.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Hey do you have to have the houses build on the ground or a level under ground but not as a basement?=P
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Thank you so much @masajo, @popettypop2012, and @FaithofKaela!! :)<3

And what do you mean by that @WiggleyTuff?
    its hard for me to explain without actually showing it and i dont wanna spoil anything but its basically building a basement and then delete the floor and let the houses be built on that instead of the actual ground=P in a way. I got an idea but it depends if they will accept it haha.
    @WiggleyTuff I don't see why they wouldn't as long as you meet all the requirements! :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @WiggleyTuff - as long as you meet the requirements, the rest is completely up to you!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Just to make it clear, does it have to be an avenue through the middle of it or can it like a walking street? cant see in the requirments that you need an avenue. And does community mean each single house or can you, for example, create a little gym for the fitness skill and karaoke bar for singing or something like that?
    Just to make it clear, does it have to be an avenue through the middle of it or can it like a walking street? cant see in the requirments that you need an avenue. And does community mean each single house or can you, for example, create a little gym for the fitness skill and karaoke bar for singing or something like that?

As long as you meet the overall requirements @WiggleyTuff, it can be however you want. You have full artistic licence on this one :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    So i got another question, does the houses need to be separated from each other or can it be like a complex/townhouses?
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I asked that question too, @WiggleyTuff ! :smiley: The houses can be either. I'm making townhouses myself!
    @StSciurus Ah thank you:D Time to start sketching my eco-futuristic-modern-glass-wood complex that prob wont be done in time hahah
  • AnadxerAnadxer Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 61 - The Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan
    FORUM ID: Anadxer
    ORIGIN ID: Anadxer
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT: Oasis Disaster Relief
    BUILD COST: §715,587
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Due to the size of this build I needed 73 Slides to show everything. Using an online collage builder to make it go faster there are three parts due to the size. Or you can click on the PDF and download to view all slides in one file.
    Part 1:Canva File Part 1
    Part 2: Canva File Part 2
    Part 3: Canva File Part 3
    Single PDF

ENTRY DETAILS:
    To get started I read the story to my 3 kids. I then asked my 11 year old son what style of building I should have, to which he answers the buildings should all be industrial style. He even went on to say I should have one building that looks like cargo crates. Meeting his idea I built all the buildings with an industrial style on the outside and even made the community center look like three cargo crates on top of each other. Then my 9 year old daughter said each house interior should be a different color and style. That way the Sims who would move in get to pick what style they want. Keeping to this I used more natural colors in House A, blues in House B, greens in House C, and reds in House D. Now of course my littlest 7 year old son wants to say something. He loves all the tiny houses I build for him to play with, so he asked that one house be a tiny house.

When it came to flowers I wanted something that fit with the backdrop of Twin Oracle Point, but also would make all the Sims from Oasis area feel more at home. Therefore, on the boardwalks I put all desert plants and everywhere else got plants you would find in Newcrest. Total this lot has 13 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms.

House A – 5 bedroom 3 Bathroom: Microscope, darts, Lamb game table, Kids art table, kids science table, computer, game system, painter’s easels
    House B – 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom: computer
    House C (tiny house 5x5) – 2 Bedroom 1 Bathroom: computer, painter’s easel
    House D – 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom: Game system and computer
    Community Center – Full gym, 2 painter’s easel, 1 worktable, 1 piano, 1 violin, 1 guitar, 1 play stage, 1 mic, 1 DJ studio, 1 dance floor, 3 chess tables
    Outdoor Community spaces – Spaceship, 8 planter boxes in the garden, 2 monkey bars, 1 grill, 2 picnic tables, 2 house shoes areas, large clock, bulletin board, 2 public parking spaces,

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please I would like to know how I can improve.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Still don’t know the cheats well (just started messing with them) but have learned about Mods thanks to the forms. For this build I used Metal Walls by Blackgryffin on the outside of all the buildings
    screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    Post edited by Anadxer on
    00.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Awesome build, @Anadxer ! :o
    @Stsciurus thanks. I needed to get it done while there was snow days, before I have to go back to work.
    00.jpg
    Holy Moly!! What an awesome build @Anadxer!!! <3:o<3 :O
    @FaithofKaela Thanks. I had 6 snow days and right after xmas break so I needed something to do.
    00.jpg
    I love how you included your kids in the building process @Anadxer! Also, including plants from Oasis Springs was very thoughtful! :)
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    *slides in after long time gone.. reads the new challenge burbles happily and toddles off to build her village* I know what I'm gonna build! oh wait... *comes back* I can't remember, are we a CC yes or a CC no?
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    *slides in after long time gone.. reads the new challenge burbles happily and toddles off to build her village* I know what I'm gonna build! oh wait... *comes back* I can't remember, are we a CC yes or a CC no?
    Nice to see you again!! Yes, you can use CC as long as you give credit.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @BuildnShare >.> I credit .... ME! :D
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    wow, amazing builds @equuest and @Anadxer ! :o
    I've finally finished mine, now to my least favorite part - taking the screenshots :p
    Thank you @folala! Can't wait to see what you came up with! :)
    I've been struck down with a virus this last week, so, I don't know if I'm going to have the time to finish mine :(

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with @folala :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top