March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BuildnShare can we have a 3rd floor above ground, if there is no floor? In other words I have a section that I need high ceilings, but I don't want high ceilings on the rest of that level. So I want to add another story and then remove the floor.
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    hmmm.... @maryjane2joe when I bulldozed it, it shows a lot value of $0. The lot type is Island Bluff and it won't allow you to change it.

Oh.. ok.. @gmcrozier Thank You!! .... so... hummm... does this mean I have to change it to a different lot?... can I make it generic?... Does it have to be residential?? I am really lost in space now.. haha.. @BuildnShare -- dear BnS... I have new questions.. please and thank you :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    hmmm.... @maryjane2joe when I bulldozed it, it shows a lot value of $0. The lot type is Island Bluff and it won't allow you to change it.

Oh.. ok.. @gmcrozier Thank You!! .... so... hummm... does this mean I have to change it to a different lot?... can I make it generic?... Does it have to be residential?? I am really lost in space now.. haha.. @BuildnShare -- dear BnS... I have new questions.. please and thank you :)

Don' t know about anyone else, but I set my builds to generic to get the interior pictures, then back to residential when I'm ready to share to the gallery.
    image.png
    @TresaofPern Thank You! I do the same but didn't realize this was a lot that cannot be changed lol... as far as my earlier question @BuildnShare just skip it... I went ahead and moved my build to a different place... which is good because I now know that so far... it can be placed without any problems :)
    I sure LOVE all these challenges - they keep me on my toes
    285JXDb.jpg
    CHALLENGE #95 - We Need Some Space -
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Under Martian Skies
    LOT COST: 2,000
    LOT NAME: Sandtrap Flat
    BUILD COST: 167,457
    TOTAL COST: 169,457
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/yjZaLNN
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    My thought was that a Mars habitat should have an airlock, which would also have a place to store spacesuits and equipment, the entryway with doors on both sides. The living areas are protected from radiation and sandstorms by being underground. The science lab is the only area not adjacent to the other octagons in case of a problem. I imagine the caution door would also seal it off form the hallway. There are two bookshelves so Sims can chosoe a book from the basement bookshelf to read in bed.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1x2ymIF.png
    3saduKK.png
    image.png
    edited May 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: maryjane2joe
    ORIGIN ID: 88th-BombGeek
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FF2349155CC111E8864D352E1CD6D76E?fb_action_ids=2046437295677132&fb_action_types=simsfour:share?fb_action_ids=2046437295677132&fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT COST: 2500
    LOT NAME: Windenburg - Harbor Quarter Gym (Simanity Test 1a-7)
    BUILD COST: 313,877
    TOTAL COST: 316,377
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/xAyKLsa
    ENTRY DETAILS: Simanity TEST Subject 1a-7 is a privately based community located on the planet Mars for subject of six Test sims living on said planet with no access to the outside. Please Note; in live-mode a bunch of ghost showed up and I am supposing they must be the way past-Test-subjects who didn't quite pass -- HaHa!! - !!Joke... but the ghost did in fact show up although I really have no idea as to why ..they're in the kitchen photos area and i guess because they're hungry :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG: n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/gypsyrosemoonshadow
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

mM70bxE.png

54u2J7w.png
    Post edited by maryjane2joe on
    285JXDb.jpg
    @TresaofPern I Love your build!! I wanted to do something like that but just couldn't figure it out!! It's Excellent!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2018
    @BuildnShare can we have a 3rd floor above ground, if there is no floor? In other words I have a section that I need high ceilings, but I don't want high ceilings on the rest of that level. So I want to add another story and then remove the floor.

@gmcrozier - as long as there are only two usable floors, that is fine.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Hey! @BuildnShare updated their avatar!! It now all fits together. The updates are looking gorgeous with the results, the sections etc. Good work!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    @TresaofPern I Love your build!! I wanted to do something like that but just couldn't figure it out!! It's Excellent!!

Thanks, @maryjane2joe. Yours is awesome.
    image.png
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Great builds @TresaofPern and @maryjane2joe ! Love the creativeness you have both shown! You have also both reminded me I need a place for plants....Maybe I should re-read the brief before I think I am finished. :p
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

@Pallystyle Thank You!! I can't wait to see your build!! And everyone else's too!!

@TresaofPern Thank You!! I really love your dome community... it's truly what I was trying to do but couldn't figure out how to make a dome.. You did awesome!! Even my son told me... Mom - I would think if it was going to be a place on Mars then a dome type place seems fitting... but - I just couldn't figure it out... but now... i'm gonna practice making a dome type home :)

@BuildnShare I Love the New LOok !!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Pallystyle wrote: »
    Great builds @TresaofPern and @maryjane2joe ! Love the creativeness you have both shown! You have also both reminded me I need a place for plants....Maybe I should re-read the brief before I think I am finished. :p

LOL, Yes, the brief includes a requirement for plants. :) One of the reasons is plants are critical for our survival - they're most recognized as a food source, but they are also natural air and water purifiers, they serve as habitat for countless companion species (including helpful bacteria that are critical to our life), and they're crucial to our emotional and mental health. Your colony/base will need plants if the occupants are to survive for long there. ;)

In other news, I'm having a great time with this build. XD It's taking me much longer than past builds, mostly because I'm puzzling out how to NOT use outdoor space for their needs. I'm coming up with new combos and building ideas I hadn't thought of before! I hope I'll have time to finish by the deadline. :blush:
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for noticing @Lebanna and @maryjane2joe :kissing_heart:
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Pallystyle wrote: »

Thanks, @Pallystyle! Can't wait to see yours.
    image.png
    @Pallystyle Thank You!! I can't wait to see your build!! And everyone else's too!!

@TresaofPern Thank You!! I really love your dome community... it's truly what I was trying to do but couldn't figure out how to make a dome.. You did awesome!! Even my son told me... Mom - I would think if it was going to be a place on Mars then a dome type place seems fitting... but - I just couldn't figure it out... but now... i'm gonna practice making a dome type home :)

I used octagons, pushed flat until I had them positioned right. Then pulled the round knobs until I had the right shape. Finally was height. Don't go too high or it looks like a beehive. Those are slate roofs in case you were wondering. Cones and hexagons can also be domed, but since I had octagonal rooms the octagonal roofs were the best fit.
    image.png

I used octagons, pushed flat until I had them positioned right. Then pulled the round knobs until I had the right shape. Finally was height. Don't go too high or it looks like a beehive. Those are slate roofs in case you were wondering. Cones and hexagons can also be domed, but since I had octagonal rooms the octagonal roofs were the best fit.

!!Thank You!! I'll try that!! :)
    285JXDb.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @maryjane2joe - oh, what a great looking Mars habitat and @TresaofPern - I love that build. Yes, roofs and I don't get along too well in Sims...any edition, quite frankly. Yep, we need a how-to on building hexagonal rooms and then we need to practice! lol @BuildnShare - oh just love, love, love that new avatar. Very nice!
    @SoulGal7 Thank You!!
    285JXDb.jpg
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @maryjane2joe - oh, what a great looking Mars habitat and @TresaofPern - I love that build. Yes, roofs and I don't get along too well in Sims...any edition, quite frankly. Yep, we need a how-to on building hexagonal rooms and then we need to practice! lol @BuildnShare - oh just love, love, love that new avatar. Very nice!

There must be one somewhere. I know there are tutorials for roofs. Alternately there's always just messing around and finding out what works.
    image.png
    SoulGal7 wrote: »

Thanks @SoulGal7 :kissing_heart:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited May 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B4D7063C5E2911E88ABD423CAD8BB32F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Domus Familiaris, Brindleton Bay
    BUILD COST: 307,325
    TOTAL COST: 309,825
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zXkQ7ug

ENTRY DETAILS: Mars Station 1 boasts a lot of innovations. We have solar panels, water treatment facility, back-up hydrogen generator, air scrubbers and hand scanners for sensitive areas. It includes a music room, gym, conservatory, laboratory, infirmary, assembly area, rec room and chicken coop. Mars Station 1 has everything needed to sustain a team of 6 for decades or longer. @BuildnShare the Bluffs was the ONLY secluded 30x30 lot and because it had a lot cost of $0 and I was unable to change the lot type, there were only 7 other 30x30 lots and none were secluded.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.crozier.7
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    mqVjCg6.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    I was going to give this a try. Before I saw the Tweet about it I had started a "Surviving Mars" house that was intended to be in a dome. I should have read the rules before I started to finish it, because I made it too tall by one floor and all the plants are potatoes! --ElderJymm at Twitter

Besides all of that I can't share links or screenshots here. I've been around for 7 plus years as Cebu but I seldom post. I did upload the lot to the gallery using hash tag #SurvivingMars :smiley:
    edited May 2018
    Cebu2cool wrote: »
    I was going to give this a try. Before I saw the Tweet about it I had started a "Surviving Mars" house that was intended to be in a dome. I should have read the rules before I started to finish it, because I made it too tall by one floor and all the plants are potatoes! --ElderJymm at Twitter

Besides all of that I can't share links or screenshots here. I've been around for 7 plus years as Cebu but I seldom post. I did upload the lot to the gallery using hash tag #SurvivingMars :smiley:

Hey there @Cebu2cool, so cool that you decided to try your hand at the challenge Elderjymm!! Your creation looks amazing!! Great idea to use the pond indoors!!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @gmcrozier !!Ha!! I LOVE it!! I think if I were going to stay on Mars... then i'd stay there... your build is perfect!! I think I love most the water treatment and your garden!!
    285JXDb.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top