Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many thanks for letting us know about the tombstones @oXseashellXo I didn't know about this :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yikes. I didn't know that they stayed after the lot is bulldozed either! I'd thought about killing off a bunch of sims to have ghosts attached but didn't know how it would work with uploading then downloading to a different computer.
    Thanks so much @oXseashellXo !!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #80: Wishes Of The Dead
    Forum ID: @EuphorialQueen
    Origin ID: @EuphorialQueen #EQCreations
    Level: Expert
    Sim: Keeper of Bones BnS80
    LOT COST: N/A
    [strike]BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)[/strike]
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    Entry Details: Erisa inherited a plot of land that happens to be a shabby run-down grave yard. Part of the terms of her inheritance are to improve the cemetery and live there as the groundskeeper.
    Constructive Criticism: Yes Please
    Credit For CC/Recolors: #NoCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Erisa Bonekeeper
    bns80_10.png
    Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS80
    The deadline for this challenge is 25th October 2017
  • oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ya... I discovered this the hard way. I was originally building in forgotten hollow, but then decided to move to another world so I could see the colors more clearly. When I was getting close to finishing, I moved back to forgotten hollow. After bulldozing the lot, a bunch a tombstones were left behind :( they’re in my sims inventory now, so at least my build doesn’t have a bunch extra, but I’m definitely going to abandon this save file when the challenge is over.

@EuphorialQueen I really like your entry for the sim challenge! Erisa as an elder is such a creative/awesome entry!
  • bmj97bmj97 Posts: 61 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #80: Wishes Of The Dead
    FORUM ID: bmj97
    ORIGIN ID: bmj97
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Bonekeeper's Cottage
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 51,997
    TOTAL COST: 54,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mim86
    ENTRY DETAILS: My first time participating in the challenge!! The cottage is small, cozy and warm. The graveyard is welcoming with just a hint of spooky. Built on the Windenburg island because I love the idea of an island cemetery.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    kq8CP7W.png
    8HyDMdi.png

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Magnolia Cemetery
    LOT COST: 8,000
    BUILD COST: 47,000
    TOTAL COST: 55,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: I focused more on making a city graveyard that looks beautiful and didn't want to make the groundskeeper's cottage stand out. I believe that the main focus is the graveyard, so I allotted a bigger budget in its beautification. The neat arrangements of the grounds and graves show how dedicated Erisa is to maintaining the city graveyard. The graveyard's focal point is the mausoleum with the addition of flower arrangements and a fountain for visitors, so it can be as pleasant as a park to visit. The humble groundskeeper's cottage is right beside the cemetery and its porch has direct access to the graveyard. It has enough room for Erisa and her three dogs.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

TuAbs9d.png
    G0dioCD.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
    @pronterus - Awesome! Love your New Orleans style raised graves and the mausoleum wall. The worn look of the cottage interior is wonderful, as is your landscaping. Cool!
    @bmj97 - Absolutely charming cottage. I love the red with the brick and your landscaping is stunning. Nice!!!
    @euphorialqueen - what a cool and creepy Erisa! She'd be the perfect caretaker in a Halloween horror flick!
    @Ainsleyf Thanks! Your cottage looks awesome, too.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: Grave Keeper's Paradise
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 51,906
    TOTAL COST: 54,906
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.photosnack.com/JosieAnglinNetxpre/101617105012am.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to make sure Erisa was going to be comfortable in her home. She's able to easily access the graveyard and mausoleum through a back entrance. There's two gates on the property. One entrance is for the graveyard and the other is leading to her home. The landscaping is sparse because I was focusing on her home and the mausoleum structure more than actual landscaping.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #NoCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

zeFF6sd.jpg

wz4OvDZ.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    FORUM ID: JosieAnglin
    ORIGIN ID: Netxpre2
    LOT:
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: I gave her the traits - Loner, Clumsy, Neat as well the aspiration of Nerd Brain.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #NoCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

HBNkHBp.jpg

P5vw9IN.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS79 - THE THIRD SISTER - CARRIE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @josieanglin - very cool. I love all the freshly dug graves and flower lined walk and your interior is really very nice! Pretty Erisa too!
    @JosieAnglin - welcome to @BuildnShare!! Great job with your Sim and Build entries. Just to let you know that you need to provide us with download links for your entries to be considered official.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    @bmj97 - hi, it's nice to meet you and welcome to the @BuildnShare challenges!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: oxseashellxo
    ORIGIN ID: oxseashellxo
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Crossroad Cemetery: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/21340279B69711E78388EC099AB30C43?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=oxseashellxo&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,500
    BUILD COST: $52,469
    TOTAL COST: $54,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/MJ81r
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I read the challenge description, I immediately thought of the crossroads demons from Supernatural. So I designed a crossroads cemetery for an insane sim and her hell hounds. I see her as a demon who is extremely proud of her work and the number of souls she collects for her employer (hmmm... wonder who that could be...) but she is also a demon, and her idea of beautiful is very different from what your idea might be. You might actually find her interests horrifying. I wouldn't know, I tried not to ask, but some things just can't be unseen.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7waIXKs.jpg

Sim Entry
    LEVEL: Expert (except I'm not so great at making sims)
    SIM: Erisa Bonekeeper
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9ED28DDFB69911E7859CAEE225736413?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=oxseashellxo&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ybNoS
    ENTRY DETAILS: As mentioned in the lot description above, Erisa is an insane crossroads demon (or just a vampire). She also loves the outdoors and is a neat freak. While she might not have been as flamboyant in the first meeting, she typically does not hide her true nature. Her makeup is usually very dark and intense. Her platinum blonde hair glows against her medium skin tone. Secondary inspiration came from Lady Gaga in American Horror Story and Heartless (a French TV show about teenagers who live off of others life force).
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NvrRsMj.jpg
    Post edited by oXseashellXo on
    Awww, @bmj97 I love the bright colors in your build, they make the graveyard very whimsical and cheerful! The whimsical interiors look so happy too. It's such a great way to brighten up the build. :smile: I love how you took the pictures at sunset to use the game to your advantage, and the large stepping stones skip along the lot so perfectly you'd think they were there forever.

@pronterus Somehow your build has a similar feel as your profile pic. I don't know if that's intentional or if you just have a very strong sense of your own style. It's pretty cool :smile: your build is amazing. The colors and lines flow together so well, its definitely a very well organized lot. The buildings look profound and also subtle. Great job! Another simmer mentioned New Orleans style, but I think there's some Japanese there too. Is that true?

@JosieAnglin for a beginner, your lot is great! I love the traditional Greek architecture you used for the cottage and the mausoleum. The fresh dirt at the graves is a great touch! The traditional layout of the house lets your design really stand out. Great job! I also love your version of Erisa, I can't wait to see more pictures :smile:

There is definitely a lot of competition for this challenge. It's so different and fun to do Halloween stuff :smiley:
    @pronterus Somehow your build has a similar feel as your profile pic. I don't know if that's intentional or if you just have a very strong sense of your own style. It's pretty cool :smile: your build is amazing. The colors and lines flow together so well, its definitely a very well organized lot. The buildings look profound and also subtle. Great job! Another simmer mentioned New Orleans style, but I think there's some Japanese there too. Is that true?

@oXseashellXo Thanks for the comments! :) I guess that's the style I've developed after many builds. And Japanese style? Which part of my build had that?
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS79 - THE THIRD SISTER - CARRIE

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Wow @oxseashellxo what a great slide show and story! Build is pretty awesome too. Very magical and very unique putting it on stilts. Cool!! Erisa is great!! I can see the lady Gaga influence you mentioned. Awesome!
    Thanks @Ainsleyf that's really sweet of you to say :smile:

@pronterus it's the picture of the mausoleum just after the moneybags statue. I's possible that i'm just losing my mind, as I just looked it up and can't find what I'm thinking. But it gives the impression of fascist Japanese architecture. though now that I think about it, it probably just reminded me of fascist architecture and I got confused :neutral:
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @Ainsleyf that's really sweet of you to say :smile:

@pronterus it's the picture of the mausoleum just after the moneybags statue. I's possible that i'm just losing my mind, as I just looked it up and can't find what I'm thinking. But it gives the impression of plum Japanese architecture. though now that I think about it, it probably just reminded me of plum architecture and I got confused :neutral:

Oh! Maybe it's from what I've seen in my travels in Korea and Japan; some churches I've visited there were made of red brick (namely Myeongdong Cathedral and Kanda Church), so that must've been what I was after even though I really didn't think it had some sort of Japanese inspiration at first :D
    edited October 2017
    Ya, it’s not traditional Japanese style, but I see some influence :smile:

Also apparently the word f a s c i s t is censored on this site... (it’s not just a political thing, it’s a type or architecture)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2017
    FORUM ID: stangmix2
    ORIGIN ID: stangmix2
    LOT: Willow Graveyard
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 50980
    TOTAL COST: 52980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/42c08
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hi! First time to enter this challenge. I don't consider myself much of a builder, I can probably count the number of builds I've done on one hand, but I hope to change that = entering challenges with constructive criticism :)
    "When the living are comfortable coming here, so to will the dead be." This was what I was going for. I was trying to make the space soothing and relaxing, so the living could be comfortable. I originally build this in Forgotton Hollow, but I have an issue where the fence disappears if I hold a gate over it, so I ended up having to move it to Willow creek. I tried my best to fix the terrain paint, but it didn't quite turn out right.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bEOhMsl.png
    ZhNdSSd.png
    Post edited by StangMix2 on
    StangMix2 wrote: »
    FORUM ID: stangmix2
    ORIGIN ID: stangmix2
    LOT: Willow Graveyard
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 50980
    TOTAL COST: 52980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/42c08
    ENTRY DETAILS: Hi! First time to enter this challenge. I don't consider myself much of a builder, I can probably count the number of builds I've done on one hand, but I hope to change that = entering challenges with constructive criticism :)
    "When the living are comfortable coming here, so to will the dead be." This was what I was going for. I was trying to make the space soothing and relaxing, so the living could be comfortable. I originally build this in Forgotton Hollow, but I have an issue where the fence disappears if I hold a gate over it, so I ended up having to move it to Willow creek. I tried my best to fix the terrain paint, but it didn't quite turn out right.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    bEOhMsl.png
    ZhNdSSd.png

Welcome to @BuildnShare @StangMix2 Loving what you've done with this lot!! Don't forget to let us have the link to where we can find the lot on the gallery, or it won't be considered an official entry.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • bmj97bmj97 Posts: 61 Member
    Thanks to everyone that's gave me such lovely comments on my build - I'm not much of a talker but I do appreciate all the mentions!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top