Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    @celdys0n, I've always created a PowerPoint with my photos, and uploaded it to SlideShare. (If you don't have Microsoft Office, OpenOffice and most other free suites have slideshow presentations that can be saved as .ppt files.) I'm drifting away from Photobucket except for gifs and macros because of their stupid pop-under ads and messy, ad-driven layout.
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @SimsIslandheart said:
    > celdys0n, I've always created a PowerPoint with my photos, and uploaded it to SlideShare. (If you don't have Microsoft Office, OpenOffice and most other free suites have slideshow presentations that can be saved as .ppt files.) I'm drifting away from Photobucket except for gifs and macros because of their stupid pop-under ads and messy, ad-driven layout.

Alright, now it's time for another question. Thank you for baring with me as I learn how best to join the challenge. Where do I find SlideShare? I have Open Office, so thanks for the tip on that.

Is it slideshare.net?
    celdys0n wrote: »
    Alright, now it's time for another question. Thank you for baring with me as I learn how best to join the challenge. Where do I find SlideShare? I have Open Office, so thanks for the tip on that.

SlideShare is at slideshare.net/. A free account will give you everything you need for Build-n-Share Challenge sharing.

This is my most recent BnS challenge post, if you'd like to see how it looks before you try it out. Flying the Nest - Clean College Comfort I put text right on my image slides, but many people don't. I just do it because it's a hold over from my Legacy Challenge days. ^^; You can certainly make each slide just a full-page photo.

• MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    Came over to say Hello to everyone as soon as I get my computer straight an get Sims4 I will be back building.
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
    Thank you so much @SimsIslandheart! I have already made my ID Sim via CAS demo, so now all I need to do is build her home with the office. Now to find just the right layout to use....Squeee!
    Thank you so much @SimsIslandheart! I have already made my ID Sim via CAS demo, so now all I need to do is build her home with the office. Now to find just the right layout to use....Squeee!

That's great, @celdys0n! I'm also building right now - I reserve my Simself for rare guest appearances and such, but I made a designer for TS4 BnS this morning, and I've spent the day working on my build. It's taking a while to get used to the new controls and more limited options. ^^;
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    The deadline for this challenge has been extended to Wednesday 17th September, Midnight CMT, to enable all of us not living in the US of A to have a chance to enter!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    I have never been much of a builder in previous games. I think participating in these challenges will help me develop my building skills. My sims will appreciate it. That being said, I just hope my first attempts are not so bad that laughter is all I hear, lol!
    I have never been much of a builder in previous games. I think participating in these challenges will help me develop my building skills. My sims will appreciate it. That being said, I just hope my first attempts are not so bad that laughter is all I hear, lol!

I got the bulk of my build done last night (realized this morning I forgot ceilings, because I'm having a hard time using the camera angles, so I have to try to fix that). It was a long, tedious build, but one thing I noticed right away is that The Sims 4 presents a whole host of challenges to building that The Sims 3 didn't: no moveobjects or other building cheats [if this is wrong, someone let me know, but I read that in the General forums yesterday and I didn't want to bork my game by trying an invalid cheat], very limited color and pattern choices that make anything outside red-white-black, earth tones, or pastels a nightmare, and the learning curve involved with using "rooms" instead of walls [for example, if you paint the exterior all one color, it doesn't automatically follow continuous areas of wall if the "wall" is actually part of two or more separate rooms; it only paints the wall section for the "room" you're on]. That said, I was OVER THE MOON about the roof tool making the former-nightmare of stacked gabled roof sections a breeze; it only glitched out once for me, and it worked out because I got a 🐸🐸🐸🐸' rooftop patio as a workaround measure. XD I also like being able to move entire rooms around or resize a room more easily and intuitively.

All in all, it might work out better for you that you don't have a lot of experience building in Sims 3 - it may make the controls and options more intuitive and easier to work with. :D
  • countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    I worked on my build the other day and i'm almost done. Unlike some of you I cant seam to get the roof to work right. I was trying to do an attic and I had the roof how I wanted but then I could not see into the room only if I had all walls down could I then see in. Any one know how to do an attic that you can see in with walls up?

I'm also stuck on coming up with a name for my firm. I don't want to spend all this time thinking on a name and then have it duplicated by someone ells. Well back to brainstorming I go.
    I worked on my build the other day and i'm almost done. Unlike some of you I cant seam to get the roof to work right. I was trying to do an attic and I had the roof how I wanted but then I could not see into the room only if I had all walls down could I then see in. Any one know how to do an attic that you can see in with walls up?<br />
    <br />
    I'm also stuck on coming up with a name for my firm. I don't want to spend all this time thinking on a name and then have it duplicated by someone ells. Well back to brainstorming I go.

That's a good question! I actually haven't built a house with (intentional, usable) attic space yet, so I'm not sure how it would work. It might be tied to the glitch I had, though - I was making a really tall, curved half-gabled roof for one section of my house (laugh all you want, but the thing OWNED - I love weird roof lines), and it was working perfectly - and would have afforded me a sizable attic if I'd wanted it. I'm not sure what I moved in the room below it, because I was adding on a room and accidentally overlapped the wall for a second, and POOF - roof was gone. Worse yet, I couldn't just rebuild it, because it kept showing the base of the roof there, even after I removed the entire FLOOR under the roof to build it again. I was finally able to click on the roof base, as though it were a roof, delete it, and rebuild the floor the exact way I'd had it, but no matter what I did, I could never get the half-gable (or any other roof for that matter) to stay on that section of the house. I gave up and made it a rooftop patio and went on my merry way with the rest of the roof pieces of the house. XD
  • kittiescatskittiescats Posts: 10 New Member
    I've wanted to do this since the sims 3, but never have. I'm excited to join now.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    First time taking part in this. I wanted to in Sims 3 but was horrible at building. XD What hashtag shall we add to our creations? #buildnshare ?
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @KitOnlyHuman, both #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare1 the 1 indicates it's for the 1st challenge :)
    though we love it when everything gets uploaded, we still only judge by the screenshots you take :) but we can comment, download and/or favourite your uploaded builds :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    Challenge #:1
    Forum ID: Davlan
    Entry DL Links - Can be downloaded from my gallery. Origin ID: Davlan01
    Sim: Lan Clark
    Office: Cloud 9 Designs
    Link to entry slideshow: http://imgur.com/a/uMqte#0
    Entry Details: I made a home office which is 2 buildings connected by a glass bridge. The look is modern with a bit of an eclectic flair. The front building is mainly the business storefront where consultations with clients can happen, as well as a workspace for the designer. The back building is the living building with space to cook, sleep and party! There is also a small gazebo in the back of the lot.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry)

None on the building.

For the sim: Lots of items by http://cienzroza.tumblr.com/ (formal dress, high waisted shorts)
    Skirt by http://thesimsperience.wordpress.com/2014/08/23/8-printed-pleated-skirt-recolors/

I think that's it. So glad these challenges are back!

EDIT: Are there supposed to be difficulty levels again? If so, the section isn't on the entry form. I think I am intermediate, unless we aren't doing categories this time around.
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Hi, I created a page with all the build mode hotkeys. You can display it on your second screen, or print it. I hope it can be of use for a lot of builders to get the most out of build mode! They are grouped by color, and the red ones are the best to get really creative.... Let me know if I missed some.

The Sims 4 Build Mode Hotkeys
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @DieterPrivate Thanks for sharing! That looks very handy!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited September 2014
    Is there a hashtag we can look up to find the Build-N-Share participants in the gallery? :)

*edit* sorry if it was already asked...
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Lebanna wrote: »
    @KitOnlyHuman, both #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare1 the 1 indicates it's for the 1st challenge :)
    though we love it when everything gets uploaded, we still only judge by the screenshots you take :) but we can comment, download and/or favourite your uploaded builds :)

Ah, answered my question!
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: #1
    Forum ID:benlow11
    Entry DL Links -From my gallery-benlow11
    Sim:Olivia Kazasa
    Office:Kazasa Interior Design
    Link to entry slideshow: http://www.slideshare.net/benlow11/kazasa-interior-design
    Entry Details: This is a 30x20 community lot for 114,470 simoleons. I would consider it a modern, comfortable building. It has a reception and waiting area with a half bath, a hallway that leads to another half bath, a workroom/art studio, and an office with attached kitchen and sitting areas.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: none

(Intermediate builder if we are counting that)
    @Davlan : I love your office building. It's so modernly unique, and you've used the curved balconies so gracefully! I would definitely work in a place like that if I could.

@benlow11 : Nice use of the roofing tool to make those offset roofings. Love the reception area, those curved counters are awesome!

Also, you two, if you have shared your house in game, please add the #buildnshare and #buildnshare1. I would love to comment and favorite them!
    Also, you two, if you have shared your house in game, please add the #buildnshare and #buildnshare1. I would love to comment and favorite them!

@celdys0n, can you tell me if you can see my uploads? I don't have my slideshow ready yet, but I uploaded my Sim and Lot - however, when I went to "community" to see what else was in #buildnshare, it was empty - it didn't even show mine. :( I have mine tagged both #buildnshare and #buildnshare1.
    @celdys0n and @SimsIslandheart I cannot see anything when I check to see in #buildnshare or #buildnshare1, including mine which I also have both on....

Also, thank you celdys0n :)
    So I went in and changed the letters that I capitalized to lowercase letters in #buildnshare and #buildnshare1. For some reason this made my sim show up with the #buildnshare and my lot show up with the #buildnshare1 but only if I typed the # before buildnshare in the search bar. The # doesn't show up when we type it in the search bar but for some reason it is the only way I can see my sim and lot when I search for them with the #buildnshare. I am also curious as to why my sim only shows up for the # without the 1 and my lot only shows up with the # with a 1?
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #: 1
    Forum ID: Quelsimmy
    Entry DL Links - Keijl in the Sims 4 Gallery or Moore Architecture & Emma Moore in the Gallery.
    Sim: Emma Moore
    Office: Moore Architecture
    Link to entry slideshow: http://imgur.com/a/oqyic
    Entry Details: I'm a beginner builder. The lot itself is a Generic community lot, has one bathroom. The building consists of 4 rooms: reception area, bathroom, consultation area and an office.
    Credit for CC/Recolors: /

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top