Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited February 2021
    Please excuse my ignorance of American architecture but what style is the house built in? I don't want to make changes inconsistent with the style of house. Thank you.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    edited February 2021
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance of American architecture but what style is the house built in? I don't want to make changes inconsistent with the style of house. Thank you.

I think it's a shotgun style house - long and narrow. Willow Creek is meant to be modeled on New Orleans, Louisiana, so you can look up what's popular in that area too. Acadian, Southern, and French Country are styles I've used when building in Willow Creek.
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Thank you @SimTresa :)

You're welcome. :)
    image.png
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Huh I didn't know Willow creek was modelled in new Orleans
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Becka28 Sorry for the slow reply but thank you! The whole build was built around trying to do the platform stepped hall lol, glad you liked it :) the copper wall is Eco but I built the fireplace with MOO and a little bit of TOOL (the pipe is a debug pen rotated, best I could find!)

The in game description for Riverside Roost says it’s a ‘double shotgun’, think I might need to do some googling. Looks like a fun challenge, that’s a lot of sims to fit in!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2021
    Ll71I0W.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Some of you may recall a couple of years ago we introduced a ‘sideline’ to BuildnShare called The Hawthorne Project.

This is a Sim challenge which ultimately leads to a BuildnShare build challenge.

Create a Sim/family who have hit on hard times and need accommodation.

State your case and tell your story on the entry form found here on page 1.

The judges will vote for who they think deserves the build and it will be incorporated into the BnS challenges.

Read more and submit your entries here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member

Hey I'm a bit of a newb at this challenge. Can I use No CC art from the gallery (giving credit to the creators) or would you prefer catalog art only? Thanks!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    @SarahTheRed yes that's allowed but always give credit to the creator :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #144 - A Winter Festival Miracle

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #145 - Winter Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #143 - Bed and Breakfast

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Question: In the brief it states that the budget is 70,000 above the current lot value, which the brief states is $41,704. Does this mean the budget is 111,704 Simoleans? or do we round down/up to 111,000/112,000?
    @KitelDesigns The brief was very specific in mentioning the extra 704 so I think we’re safe to include it in the budget - that’s what I’m working towards anyway!
    Question: In the brief it states that the budget is 70,000 above the current lot value, which the brief states is $41,704. Does this mean the budget is 111,704 Simoleans? or do we round down/up to 111,000/112,000?

As Ailism19 said, the budget is 111,704 simoelons. :)
    image.png
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 145

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Riverside Roost in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Riverside Roost Renewed
    LOT COST: $41,704
    GALLERY COST: 97,173
    TOTAL COST: 97,173
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/146-the-bradley-bunch.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Construction Notes:
    I built out the second floor to create a second large bedroom for the boys. I also extended the rear portion of the house to accommodate the additional bedroom for Beatrice. The study area is incorporated into the open plan design of the front of the house. The upstairs bathroom was extended to make it slightly larger for all the children to use. I cheated a bit and separated out two toilets rather than making two separate bathrooms because I had such little space to work with as it is. I also refinished the wood flooring (including the stairs) and updated the tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. All wallpaper was updated as well. In addition, I broke down the wall between the kitchen and hallway, opening up the area for multi-use.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    02-11-21-6-47-03-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 146: The Bradley Bunch

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    HOUSEHOLD: The Bradley Bunch
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/146-the-bradley-bunch.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Hornby family is merging with the Bradley family to create one very large (and hopefully happy) family! Parents Dan and Agatha have three children each, meaning there are lots of kids to wrangle. But what family doesn't have its challenges? The Bradley Bunch is ready to go!

Individual summaries:
    Dan
    Dan has always wanted a big family and his dream is finally coming true. He is dedicated to his job but enjoys fishing and being outdoors with his family in his time off.

Agatha
    When you think of a super parent, Agatha is who you should be visualizing. And it’s a good thing with six kids! She is family-oriented and neat but doesn't take herself too seriously. She can be a total goofball with the whole family.

Henry, 15
    Henry, age 15, is in that physically awkward teen phase where he's easily clumsy. Hopefully that doesn't get in the way of his desire to become a chef. Kitchen accidents do happen! As a vegetarian, he wants to revolutionize the use of plants in food.

Harold, 10
    Harold, age 10, is a bit of a mischievous and rambunctious kid, he likes to feel physically powerful and sometimes that ends up looking like bullying other kids. Being the middle boy has been difficult on him as he doesn't feel he gets the attention he deserves, and thus acts out.

Robbie, 6
    A musical savant, this whiz kid is learning to play both the piano and the violin. Next year he's considering picking up the electric guitar… if he can even hold one!

Katie, 14
    A bit of a gloomy teen, Katie, age 14, uses her teen mood swings to fuel her creative senses. Her gloominess tends to worsen the longer she goes without painting.

Sherry, 9
    A social butterfly, Sherry, age 9, is happiest surrounded by her friends and taking part in club activities around the neighborhood. She often gets in trouble at school for talking during class.

Mindy, 5
    Mindy, age 5, is a whiz kid, constantly seeking out new knowledge and skills. She has been on the honor roll since preschool and looks to be continuing that track in kindergarten.
    PICTURES:
    bradley-bunch_orig.jpg
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 146: One of the kids’ rooms

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ROOM: Hornsby Girls’ Room
    GALLERY COST: 6,867
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    NOTE: The gallery version does not include the platform bed because it is against the wall.
    PICTURES:
    02-11-21-6-43-20-pm_orig.png
    Thanks for the confirmation @SimTresa :)

@icanhassims I don’t want to check out your build until I’ve finished mine, but I’m loving your family!! <3
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Thanks for the confirmation @SimTresa :)

@icanhassims I don’t want to check out your build until I’ve finished mine, but I’m loving your family!! <3

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I have a question on the new challenge. I understand that the architectural style is based on the shotgun style. I wonder, if we’re allowed to modernise it or adding a modern extension to it?
    OID:- x4m1r4
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I have a question on the new challenge. I understand that the architectural style is based on the shotgun style. I wonder, if we’re allowed to modernise it or adding a modern extension to it?

If you think you can modernize while sticking to the style, go ahead. Do remember though that the lot's small, so if you add too much of an extension, you might not have room for a play area for the kids.
    image.png
    Thank you @AliSim19! I had a lot of fun putting them together and thinking up their characters. Then I got to playtest and show off the house using each of their personalities for screenshots. :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

SimTresa wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »

If you think you can modernize while sticking to the style, go ahead. Do remember though that the lot's small, so if you add too much of an extension, you might not have room for a play area for the kids.

Cool! Thank you so much!

OID:- x4m1r4
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm a little confused...

The challenge is to create a home for 7 sims however 2 adults, 3 girls, 3 boys, and a maid = 9 sims

Do we build for nine sims even though the limit in the game is eight or has there been a boo boo made?
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    edited February 2021
    @Lilypink79 I had to go back and check, I’d totally missed where it says seven and I thought for a minute I’d messed up my build haha! Everything else in the text and the rules covers nine people though so it will be accidentally left over from an early draft of the challenge, no biggie. The limit for playable sims is 8 but the live in butler/maid is additional to that so the need for 9 beds is right :)
    Post edited by AliSim19 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top