March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Couple questions: Can we change the fence, move or change it completely? Can we add additional windows?
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2014
    I think the trim would be no problem, but the foundation is. The point of this challenge is to use the house as it is and refurbish it, like you can do in real life. So only non-structural changes are allowed?

Good point, that makes sense. I've already gutted the building and removed all the landscaping and the roof trim, I figured that was acceptable at least. I haven't touched the roof, raised the foundation or removed the fence from the backyard yet. I'll wait until we get official word before doing any renovation/remodeling on those areas. Thank you for your reply and well thought out opinion concerning the rules of this challenge, very helpful! :)

EDIT: The only reason I ask about the foundation is because I was thinking about adding a backyard deck area with an above ground pool/hot tub (if I have enough funds) and that's not really possible without some kind of foundation. Plus, just as an example, my son flipped a house and he did have work done on the roof. So that is something that happens in real life flip situations. I think it would be fun with the new roofing tool to see what everyone can come up with for a new one. If we can't do either one of those things, I'll understand and can go another direction, no problem. Just thought I'd ask to clarify in case we can though.

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Ok, so here are the answers to your questions:

@trashdocka - fencing you can remove/add outside, you cannot add any fencing to make makeshift walls in the interior. Windows, if it was a two tile window, you can change it to two single tiles windows, it just need to be the same overall size.

@Karababy52 - Yes to your roofing and trim, you can re-do the roof however you like. No to the foundation, it would not be possible to do so IRL ;)

@opod67 - you can remove the exterior fencing and do as you wish landscaping wise, but no adding additional windows.

I'll add these clarifications to the brief :)

Any more questions, just keep them coming. I'm so glad you are all so excited about this challenge :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Okay, cool about having free rein on the roof and fencing outside. I understand about the foundation, you're right. Thanks for the clarifications! :)
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Sorry for going off topic, but hopefully nobody will mind too much. SimGuruBChick has a poll up on the stories and legacies board. She asked for help spreading the word. And I know everyone here in this thread has been friendly, so I figured it was a safer place to spread the word than the general discussion board lol. They are going feature one of the stories from the poll. Details on the thread here.

So if you are interested head on over an vote. My apologies to anyone not interested or anyone who already knew about it. That's all, so now the thread can get back to the topic of challenge 8 :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hi all, congrats to the #6 Expert and #6 Established winners. Gorgeous builds. Just curious, when will the #6 Starters results be in.
    Also I must say #8 is really great and totally out of my comfort zone. No cc :'( , definitely going to try it :D.
    Thanks @Carewren123. It's a great place to spread the word! I'll pop a tweet up as well :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Hi all, congrats to the #6 Expert and #6 Established winners. Gorgeous builds. Just curious, when will the #6 Starters results be in.
    Also I must say #8 is really great and totally out of my comfort zone. No cc :'( , definitely going to try it :D.
    I know @Lebanna is working on the results for starters #6, so they should be up soon :) And yes, we thought a no CC challenge would be just that, a challenge ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks @Carewren123. It's a great place to spread the word! I'll pop a tweet up as well :)

Thank you @BuildnShare
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Quick question did we ever get the expert results for challenge 5 (the second Olsen challenge). If y'all are still working on it, I'm not trying to hurry you or anything. I just want to make sure I didn't miss/overlook them.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

I don't know if any of you ever frequent other parts of the forum, but I just saw something on the general discussion board that has me very excited for next week's patch. Apparently the gurus have been tweeting "MOO". And there is a photo that was tweeted of a room that looks like MOO was used in creating it. The picture was captioned with "And the cow goes.... #BuildersGonnaBuild"

This does seem like we're finally getting out MOO cheat back! I'm so happy :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

edited December 2014
    Quick question did we ever get the expert results for challenge 5 (the second Olsen challenge). If y'all are still working on it, I'm not trying to hurry you or anything. I just want to make sure I didn't miss/overlook them.
    Hmmm, I can't see them either, will look into that ASAP. Sorry :blush:

Edit: Am still feeling a little under the weather today, so may not get a chance to look at these until next weekend. I am really sorry for the delay :(

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Now worries. Take your time. Hope you feel better soon :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    I'm sooo soooo sorry I am continuously late with the results. I probably won't be able to do them during the weekdays this week, but they will be up on/before Sunday!

I may explain my situation a tiny bit. I work full time and have a long traveling time to and from work, so I only have 3 hours a night at home to eat, clean, and relax before I go to bed. Doing the judging in those 3 hours costs me a lot of energy so I tend to do them during the weekends. But well, sometimes life happens there too. I am very sorry this keeps happening. I have a vacation around Christmas, and hope to catch up to the current challenge then. Hope you guys understand. But be sure to keep reminding me when you are waiting for results.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited December 2014
    Life above Sims! *gasp* Take your time, Lebanna! As long as they come! :D

Thanks for taking the time to be a judge for us!
    edited December 2014
    More questions about #8

Since we are able to alter the roof line, are we able to add a second floor or loft section?
    - If yes, can we also add windows to that portion of the building?
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    are we allowed to use the new christmas-content for this challenge?
    trashdocka wrote: »

Yes we can since it is EA content :D

• opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 8
    FORUM ID: opod67
    ORIGIN ID: smens0067
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Lines's Family Home - I seem to be running into an issue with the gallery now. I have saved my lot to my library and shared in on the gallery, but I cannot find it listed under my lots or in the gallery. Anyone else have this issue?
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/BGHkQ#0
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Lines's Family home is ready for Christmas. The exterior was given a more traditional feel and was warmed up. The siding, roofing, windows and landscaping was all updated. The interior was changed completely. The home still features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, but now includes a study. The interior features light walls and dark floors, open concept living space and each bedroom is personalized for each member of the family. All for 74,800. Enjoy!
    fxYk74k.png
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
    iampes23 wrote: »
    More questions about #8

Since we are able to alter the roof line, are we able to add a second floor or loft section?
    - If yes, can we also add windows to that portion of the building?
    No second floors, no new walls and no new windows :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    trashdocka wrote: »
    Most definitely!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Apologies for the delay folks, but the results for #5 The Olsen's Part II are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited December 2014
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO #7 THE GAME'S AFOOT

Your results are now available here.
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO #7 THE GAME'S AFOOT

Your results are now available here.
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! :)

I am very tickled and happy about #7 @FaithofKaela for the great comments. I will be trying harder with the pictures.

Unfortunately I don't know when I will be getting back to these awesome challenges. Ever since the update on the 16th I cant even get past the loading screen.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Aw that's no good sweetie!! I haven't launched it yet, so I have no clue as to how it's affected my game.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top