March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    Well, It looks like I not going to be able to finish my entry, Real life has kept me away from my sims. Maybe when I'm finished I can't post a just for fun link.

I love all of the entries so far, good luck to you all!!
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Ok folks, challenge #5 is now officially closed!!

Good luck to all those who entered, I think us judges are going to have a really tough time with this one ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Challenge #6 Net Worth

You're hunched over your sketchpad at the drafting table when Rose bursts into your office, practically slamming the door shut behind her. Your usually calm and collected assistant is clearly rattled, given the lack of color in her cheeks and her sky-high eyebrows.

“Rose, what's wrong?” you ask, noting the faint tremor in her hands.

“I think...” Rose whispers, “I think your next clients may be some kind of criminals! My favorite china tea cup and the antique fountain pen from my mother have mysteriously vanished since they walked in the door. Not to mention they just seem...intimidating. Should I tell them you're booked?” Not one to shy away from a challenge or curiosity, you shake your head.

“No, go ahead and send them in. I will at least meet with them before I make a decision. Maybe hide anything else valuable that isn't nailed down.” Rose nods and then opens the door, waving the new clients into your office and then scurrying back to her desk.

Two large men in boots and cargo pants enter the room, both muscular and imposing, their faces impossible to read behind dark sunglasses. Wordlessly, they stand on either side of your office door, arms folded, as a diminutive woman with ink-black hair in leather saunters through the door. The defiant tilt of her chin belies her small stature.

“I'm Mara Sloane. My associates and I are in need of your services. We can more than compensate you for your efforts.” Sitting at your desk, you glance nonchalantly at the items on its surface, making a mental list.

“Of course,” you say. “Why don't you have a seat and tell me what it is that you need.” Ms. Sloane remains standing.

“We are looking for a utilitarian space, like a warehouse, in which we can both live and conduct business. We each need our own bedrooms, at least two bathrooms, a functional kitchen, a living room or common space and a computer lab. The building needs to be nondescript, like it's always been there. We don't want something that will attract a lot of attention. It also needs ample storage for our shipments. We need a new location quickly, so it must be completed in two weeks. Are you willing to take the job?”

As you clear your throat to answer, the words “THE ANSWER IS YES” flash across your computer screen so fast that you're not convinced you saw them. None of them appears to have moved a muscle. How...?

Then Ms. Sloane snaps her fingers at the men, and one of them hands her a small duffel bag. She drops it on your desk and yanks the zipper open.

“$225,000 Simoleons. That should cover your costs.” You nod, at a complete loss for words. “Good. We'll be in touch.”

“Wait!” you say, as they turn to leave. “What line of work did you say you were in?” Without pausing, Ms. Sloane calls out over her shoulder.

“I didn't.”

And with that, they're gone. Rose darts into your office, eyes wide, and you both stare in shock at her tea cup and fountain pen sitting smack dab on the center of your desk.

The Brief:
      ☆ 40x30 lot in the world of your choosing ☆ Nondescript, industrial building ☆ 3 bedrooms ☆ 2+ bathrooms ☆ Functional kitchen ☆ Common room ☆ Computer lab ☆ Storage for “shipments” ☆ Budget is $225,000

Sim Challenge:
    Create Mara Sloane and her associates, Malik Yateem and Kurai Tsukino, and show them using the space you create. Mara is Evil and her aspiration is to become Public Enemy Number 1. Malik is neat and his aspiration is to become a Nerd Brain. Kurai is a genius who hopes to one day become Chief of Mischief . You choose the other 2 traits for each.

You need to show the three going about their day to day lives in their new environment, a day in the life sort of thing.

Room Challenge:
    Create the computer lab, it needs to have workstations for each Sim and be of industrial design to fit with the overall theme. Your budget for this room is $25,000. It also needs to be showcased separately.

Hashtags used for this challenge
    #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare6

The Deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, 26th November, Midnight CMT.

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • asphyxiateddollasphyxiateddoll Posts: 139 Member
    edited November 2014
    Since handy isn't a trait in Sims 4 what is the trait we're supposed to use for Malik? There also isn't a 30x30 lot size so which one are we supposed to use?
    Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
    Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll
    Since handy isn't a trait in Sims 4 what is the trait we're supposed to use for Malik? There also isn't a 30x30 lot size so which one are we supposed to use?
    Gah, I checked and checked this brief for holes!!! Use a 40x30 lot, and give Malik the Neat trait, I'll update the brief. Apologies :blush:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    Challenge #6 Net Worth

Ooooh, another intriguing challenge! =)

I never did get finished with the Olsen Extended Family Houses. Moved things around. Oh, and the tip of pulling the rooms out, creating them, and then putting them back in to create the shell worked beautifully! It really helped, thank you! I added a community pool, got Leroy and Charlotte's house mostly finished and got part of Vivian's done. Then I just have the exterior of her house to do and then interior (walls, floors, etc..) on both, plus revised Landscaping of the lot. I'm still going to finish it, but, I may break the budget and upgrade appliances and stuff a bit, kind of like they have been living there for awhile and would naturally update features. I really love the Olsen family! (I love my Mr. Green too, so I still need to do the Victorian as well! And, uhm, yeah, there's that thing of killing Mr. Green... poor guy... LOL)

And as I said, this new challenge is very interesting! If I can find time in my schedule, I want to try tackling this one! =)

All the entries in challenge #5 look sooo good! Everyone did an amazing job! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    This is going to be a great challenge. I confess I had some difficulties with the last challenge but it was also fun. Congrats to everyone so far. Everyone's entries are wonderful. :)

Happy simming!

Simhead
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    Hey guys, I have a question. My fiance is interested in doing a buildnshare challenge, building it at least, hasn't decided if he wants to enter the actual challenge. But since we only have one digital copy of The Sims 4 we have to use the same origin/gallery ID. He has his own forum account though. My question is if we both want to enter the challenge is that ok even though both entries would be in my gallery? We would also put on his lot upload in the gallery that it is by him so everyone knows. Just curious. Thanks!
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    benlow11 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have a question. My fiance is interested in doing a buildnshare challenge, building it at least, hasn't decided if he wants to enter the actual challenge. But since we only have one digital copy of The Sims 4 we have to use the same origin/gallery ID. He has his own forum account though. My question is if we both want to enter the challenge is that ok even though both entries would be in my gallery? We would also put on his lot upload in the gallery that it is by him so everyone knows. Just curious. Thanks!

I would think that's not a problem. You have seperate form accounts and as long as you specify which build is from who?

benlow11 wrote: »
    I really don't see a problem with that @benlow11, as long as the entry is in his name and we can find the lot etc....

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you @DieterPrivate and @BuildnShare -If he decides to enter any challenges we will make sure his name is on them and it is clear who did what. :)
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    I keep looking for beginner's results on the Ghostly Design challenge. I didn't feel like my submission was quite finished - like that kid that's still writing when the teacher says, "Pencils down!" I am very interested in your feedback and suggestions for what would have made it better. Thanks! =D
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    This latest challenge seems like it would be fun, but in light of DA3 releasing tonight and a couple of other builds I have in the works, I think I'd best skip this one too. :| Best of luck to everyone! Can't wait to see what you all come up with. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Lavender wrote: »
    I keep looking for beginner's results on the Ghostly Design challenge. I didn't feel like my submission was quite finished - like that kid that's still writing when the teacher says, "Pencils down!" I am very interested in your feedback and suggestions for what would have made it better. Thanks! =D
    Hey Lavender - apologies for the delay in the Starting Out results, we are working on them :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    I understand. I really do appreciate the time y'all give to these challenges. <3
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I really wanted to do this challenge, seemed like a lot of fun but I ended up getting sick (still getting over it) plus my husband and I are trying to do some home improvements BEFORE Thanksgiving. *sigh* maybe I'll do it anyway for my own criminal simmies <3
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 6
    FORUM ID: opod67
    ORIGIN ID: smens0067
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Ms. Sloane's Warehouse
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/gallery/ZrFTz/new
    ENTRY DETAILS: Ms. Sloane's Warehouse doesn't look like it from the outside because she needs to keep her business under the radar. This home features a modern exterior and is an open concept/industrial interior. The house features a large common area with a workout space for the associates. The office has a secret bookshelf that leads to the secret warehouse that only opens with a secret code. The large warehouse is multilevel so Ms. Sloane has plenty of space for all her possessions. This home has everything that Ms. Sloane could need for her secret business, all for 500 under the budget. Enjoy!
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    I always feel like I enter to quickly, but if I don't finish the build within a few days and post it I will forget about it and miss the deadline.

This was a fun challenge! Thanks!
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:6
    FORUM ID:benlow11
    ORIGIN ID:benlow11
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sloane Inc.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sloane Inc.
    ENTRY DETAILS:Sloane Inc. is a warehouse featuring a converted living space with 3 bedrooms, 2 full bath, 2 half bath, large sitting area, common/living area, kitchen/dining with a bar, computer lab, piano room, gym, and a play room. There is also a small yard area with a grill and picnic table, as well as stairs for the fire escape that lead to the second floor and the roof. I tried to keep the building industrial and left plenty of space for storage and for Mara and her associates to display any artwork that they acquire.
    I removed the BFF house and used that lot.
    Prices-Total price is $224,098
    Lot price is $2000
    House price is $222,098

SIM: Sloane
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:Sloane
    ENTRY DETAILS:Mara Sloane features ink black hair, olive skin tone, wears mostly red because she looks good in red and I decided it is her favorite color. Her aspiration is Public Enemy of course, which gave her the Dastardly trait. Her other traits are Evil, Music Lover, and Ambitious. Malik Yateem and Kurai Tsukino both have short brown hair, wear dark sunglasses, cargo pants, and boots. Malik's aspiration is Nerd Brain, which gave him the Quick Learner trait. His additional traits are Neat, Bookworm, and Mean. Kurai's aspiration is Chief of Mischief, which gave him the Dastardly trait. His additional traits are Genius, Goofball, and Mean.

ROOM:NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:NA

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:None
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    edited November 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 6 Net Worth
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Sloane's Square

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Net Worth
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Net Worth

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is my interpretation of a nondescript industrial building, a utilitarian space like a warehouse which has been converted internally using a modern industrial style. There are gravel gardens at the front behind the fence and a private pool and patio at the rear. There is a room for conducting business accessed from the back left (next to the hedge) where goods are stored. There is also a secret room accessed from the bookcase door in the turquoise bedroom where stash is stored. Mara has the first floor suite, a golden bedroom with gym area and bathroom. Gallery price 187,970 simoleons.

SIM: Sloane
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Net Worth/Mara and Associates
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Net Worth/Mara and Associates

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Mara Sloane is the evil and dastardly Chief of Operations at Sloane's Square. Working out daily she is very active. Being ambitious, nothing will stop her from reaching her aspiration of Public Enemy Number One.
    Malik Yateem, neat, active, self-assured and a quick learner aspires to be a Nerd Brain.
    Kurai Tsukino is a self-assured genius, active and dastardly. He aspires to be a Chief of Mischief.

The Sloane day starts off with a workout, the boys like to go jogging and Mara prefers to keep fit in private. After cleaning up they have breakfast together cooked by Mara. Business is then conducted usually by Malik and Kurai while Mara checks our her stores and goodies. This usually works up an appetite for brunch, followed by work and research on future operations in the computer lab. A lovely swim cools everyone off before getting ready for a bbq party. Evening comes and it's time to drive to a big formal dinner event. Returning home it's off to bed for Mara, Malik and Kurai.

ROOM: Sloane's Computer Lab
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Net Worth/Sloanes Computer Lab
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Net Worth/Sloanes Computer Lab

ENTRY DETAILS: Modern industrial style computer room with work stations for each Sim. Main control desk for Mara, bookcase and filing cupboards. Gallery cost of room 24,288 simoleons.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

Picture4_zps9f87b368.jpg
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hi everybody, I have numerous times tried to enter #6 but my entry form does not get posted. Is it me doing it wrong or is the site down
    edited November 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 6
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Starter
    LOT: Ms Sloane Warehouse
    VALUE: $224,946

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Ms%20Sloane%20Warehouse

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ke9ld5oc16qw9sz/AADIlUUlxAFMuGTbcYuLFA8ra?dl=0

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Ms. Sloane bought a warehouse and the conversion is done. Storage and hideout is complete. Ms Sloane and her two body guards can be found on the gallery.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    FLOOR: a fire geometry pavers
    radial mosaic
    shabby bargin shabby chic bedroom floor 2
    glamor tuff stained concrete
    ADV marbra sl floor 03_2
    RUGS: rugs lemingstone
    crocorug sisat large
    square rug
    WALLS: GTA 2t4 02
    GTA 2t4 08
    pinstripe grains
    shabby chic used shabby bedroom wall
    wooden panel (for garage door look)
    the brickery elite
    CAR: needful thing car prop 1

NOTES: I really enjoyed this challenge. Good luck to all.
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    edited November 2014
    Finally I got it right, the site must have been down.
    Oops I realized there is no toilets in the 2 en-suites on the ground floor. :(
    I have fixed that and uploaded it to the gallery.
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #5 THE OLSEN'S PART II

Your results are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    What about #4 for starters?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights