The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Very interesting challenge! ;)
    But one question: You stated that the build must be stated on one inspiration object, but what does this mean?
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Very interesting challenge! ;)
    But one question: You stated that the build must be stated on one inspiration object, but what does this mean?

Hi, @RyeCris16. That means that you pick one object and base a design around it. I can best explain that with an example from a previous challenge. In the Winter Designer Challenge, we provided four possible inspiration objects:

inspiration_zpsx1unadqz.png

In her entry, @Kementari chose the red modern painting. Here is the design she came up with - http://simplicitysims.blogspot.com/2015/02/ruby-red.html

You can see that she pulled both the modern design style and part of the color scheme from this object. Let the object inspire you in any way you choose - it could be the color scheme, the design style, or something else entirely. Have fun with it and be creative :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    @BuildnShare This sounds fun! So you say, It can be ANY object from ANY category of the catalogue. Does this include the build items? Like a tree? Or do you mean just the Buy catalogue?
    This link does not work.
    -
    Builders' Boulevard - A builders' forum and website
    http://www.buildersboulevard.com
    -
    It shows a message:
    This domain may be for sale. Backorder this Domain
    This Domain Name Has Expired - Renewal Instructions.

Thank you, @EuphorialQueen ! I will look into this ASAP.

@BuildnShare This sounds fun! So you say, It can be ANY object from ANY category of the catalogue. Does this include the build items? Like a tree? Or do you mean just the Buy catalogue?

@BUTTONSGINGER For this challenge, it can be Build or Buy. Or even Debug, for that matter :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited August 2015
    @BuildnShare Thanks for the clarification! :) Now, I understand about the inspirational object.
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16

@BUTTONSGINGER For this challenge, it can be Build or Buy. Or even Debug, for that matter :)

@BuildnShare Oh, Debug! Now that is an awesome thought! Thank you :D
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    Hmm... this sounds interesting - I'm not promising I'll have a go, but I'm hoping too! I haven't really got stuck into TS4 like the TS3 so I'm trying to find something that gets me into it. ^-^

Is it possible to have the link/page number for the winter challenge so I can see how they interpreted objects please?

Many thanks
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited August 2015
    @BuildnShare Can I take the front porch stairs and move them back a tile so they are right up against the porch instead of sticking out?
    Post edited by TwtyBrd0707 on
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    edited August 2015
    •You can designate the rooms however you like, but your outcome should be a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms.
    •You cannot change the size or location of foundations, exterior walls, and roofing.
    •Yes, all exterior walls, foundations, and roofing sizes must remain the same.
    •You can, however, add INTERIOR walls; as long as the home remains a 3bdr/2ba home.

@BuildnShare Just wondering about interior walls. Can we remove any of the pre built interior walls or place a fence, spandrels or half walls instead? Also can we delete any of the floor tiles on the first floor?

Post edited by kezflake on
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I am going to give this challenge a go. This is a very traditional build. It's going to be tricky!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

edited August 2015
    I can not seem to find this shell build in the gallery. Is anyone else having trouble with that? I tried downloading from the online gallery and it isn't showing up in my library. SO I tried hitting f4 in game and accessing origin that way and I can not find the build or kittkat7147. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Just found it! I had to type in BNS in the item name category and it finally pulled up.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

edited August 2015
    I can not seem to find this shell build in the gallery. Is anyone else having trouble with that? I tried downloading from the online gallery and it isn't showing up in my library. SO I tried hitting f4 in game and accessing origin that way and I can not find the build or kittkat7147. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Just found it! I had to type in BNS in the item name category and it finally pulled up.

Hi @mommataurus2 use the hashtag #BnS25 and you should be able to find it. :)

Ackkkk...I missed your "edit" comment :p

@BuildnShare I don't see any steps off the back deck. Can we add them?
    edited August 2015
    @BuildnShare Can I take the front porch stairs and move them back a tile so they are right up against the porch instead of sticking out?

Yep!

kezflake wrote: »
    •You can designate the rooms however you like, but your outcome should be a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms.
    •You cannot change the size or location of foundations, exterior walls, and roofing.
    •Yes, all exterior walls, foundations, and roofing sizes must remain the same.
    •You can, however, add INTERIOR walls; as long as the home remains a 3bdr/2ba home.

@BuildnShare Just wondering about interior walls. Can we remove any of the pre built interior walls or place a fence, spandrels or half walls instead? Also can we delete any of the floor tiles on the first floor?

The existing interior walls cannot be removed, but you can change them to 1/2 walls or fences, add doors, add arches, etc. I have added this clarification to the Challenge Brief.

@BuildnShare I don't see any steps off the back deck. Can we add them?

Definitely :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Hmm... this sounds interesting - I'm not promising I'll have a go, but I'm hoping too! I haven't really got stuck into TS4 like the TS3 so I'm trying to find something that gets me into it. ^-^

Is it possible to have the link/page number for the winter challenge so I can see how they interpreted objects please?

Many thanks

I'll work on getting that added to the archive for you :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    @InvisibleLyndz - You can find all of the Winter Designer Showdown entries and results HERE :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 25
    FORUM ID: Unfug013
    ORIGIN ID: Unfug13
    LEVEL: Advanced, i think?
    LOT: Sunflower *Galleryclick*
    LOT COST: 6.500 $
    BUILD COST: 124.638 $
    TOTAL COST: 131.229 $ (Thats the price shown when i place the build on the lot but its not the price when I am sum lot and build together :o =131138 $)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshowlink *click*
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the Inspiration Object I choose the Sunflower from the Flowersection (for 75$ Firstborn Sunflower or something like that, my Game is not in English :) ) Happily i found a lot more Sunflowers :) It comes with 3 Bedrooms (One a Kidsbedroom), 3 Bathroom (One with seperated Toilet for Guests), Kitchen, Diningroom, Home Gym, Winter Garden, A place to study, to craft, to draw some Art from Sunflowers. The Weekly Cardgametable is also included. This House is perfect for Sims with Gardening Skills, there are lot of Places to plant and the Sunflowertheme make them feel a little bit like a Flower themself.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

Pictures:
    22841194ix.jpg
    22841193mt.jpg
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for Challenge #23 - Think Tiny

Your results are available HERE.

Don't forget to congratulate the winners ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    Lovely build @Unfug013 I really like the theme and colours you've picked - the lots looks beautiful!

@BuildnShare Thanks for the updated links - also I started this challenge under the assumption that we can edit the interior walls a little... I've just seen we can't. I understand I've broken the rules but if I finish what I'm working on am I still allowed to show it at least?

@Unfug013 Really beautiful interpretation of the house! I love sunflowers. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@Unfug013 What a quaint home. I love your interpretation of sunflowers. The terrain paint of the sunflower is a really awesome touch.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
    Columns: Can we change them for others/remove them?
    Roofs: Can I add some flat roofs under the current roofs to close all these gaps?:

5cee53ed9f.png
  • ChelsieLouiseChelsieLouise Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 25
    FORUM ID: ChelsieLouise
    ORIGIN ID: ChelsieLouise
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Under ChelsieLouise
    LOT COST: $130,452
    BUILD COST: $21,250
    TOTAL COST: $151,702
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s816.photobucket.com/user/chelsielouise/slideshow/Competition1
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the 4 plumbob picture, it is my favourite from the Sims4. I thought it would be fun to include the colors in my build, it brought a uplifting build and I am pleased with it. From the outside it looks traditional and on the inside it just isn't what you expect, modern colourful and contemporary.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

08-18-15_1-22nbspPM.png

08-18-15_1-34nbspPM-3.png
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Columns: Can we change them for others/remove them?
    Roofs: Can I add some flat roofs under the current roofs to close all these gaps?:

5cee53ed9f.png

Roofs: Ugh - that is unsightly! Definitely on adding the flat roof portions if you have already started. If you haven't, the lot has been updated in the gallery with a fixed version. Good catch!

Columns: Columns can be moved, changed, added, deleted, etc.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    "•The existing interior walls cannot be removed, but you can change them to 1/2 walls or fences, add doors, add arches, etc."

Oh. God.

I must have skipped this point! I've torn down all the walls and have finished the entire exterior and landscaping of the house. BAH!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top