March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    @SimTresa thank you for the repost, it's appreciated! :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Hobbes250 wrote: »
    @SimTresa thank you!

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 145
    FORUM ID: @jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rock Ridge Canyon, Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F31FFF345A9811EB8452AE047B3DBC76?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 95,854
    TOTAL COST: 99,854
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/iWouBX6
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    If you are looking for a quite, romantic place for celebrate Valentine's day, where there are no neighbors and curious eyes, its a perfect cottage for that. ;) Romantically furnished for 2 sims, heart-shape pool and beautiful garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    JXHAZWe.png
    t4PedFW.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    CHALLENGE #143 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 2-4-2- Wakabamori (Rental lot ) in Mt. Komorebi
    NEW LOT LINK: Winter Vacation Retreat
    LOT COST: $ 3,300
    GALLERY COST: $ 95,971
    TOTAL COST: $ 99,271
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: Winter Vacation retreat . Located in Mt Komorebi. A Winter Vacation Rental. 2 bed room , 2 bath Family Vacation rental. Child Friendly..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art By SimSationalToo, Juwels64 & AlJay2000 in the Gallery
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

PICTURES:
    140775086_2926040620949343_8399109633578017603_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=IBhdWvs0nwAAX8cpyzR&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=554ee6fb7e5de302c3d5fc6636d1d99d&oe=603278DE

140635254_2926064290946976_4200978575323456384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=-g_bEXOnmD4AX_NvnqU&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=096d9e56b1f7b174804c064f16d592a4&oe=603190F4

• KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited January 2021
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #145- Winter Showdown
    FORUM ID:KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID:KitelDesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Von-Windenburg Estate
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/34B0EEF34E4C11EB855BF063F73A62CC?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 73,130
    Lot Cost: 12,000
    Total cost 85130
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PjWb52F
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

This tucked away rental cabin is just what you need to relax, unwind, and recharge. This Modern wood cabin is situated on the secluded Windenburg Island, allowing you to escape the hustle and bustle of the real world during your stay. Plenty of panoramic views are available from both floors of this unit. Enjoy play games, go hiking, or find your inner Zen. Take a boat out if you prefer, or delve into a rousing game of chess. at night, tell ghost stories while roasting marshmallows. afterwards, sleep in one of the two master suites located on the second floor. Enjoy your lovely stay here, and make sure to fill out the guestbook before you leave.

XPWjmCR.png
    8AWoHBl.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,645 Member
    CHALLENGE #143 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 5-1-1 Kiyomatsu
    NEW LOT LINK: A Winter's Retreat
    LOT COST: $7000.00
    GALLERY COST: $92,985.00
    TOTAL COST: $99,985.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #145 - Winter Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: This winter getaway is designed with a Japanese or Asian inspired style. It can be used as a rental property or can also be the permanent home of a family who loves to ski in the mountains. It has many indoor and outdoor activities for the family to enjoy when they are not skiing. It has a hot tub under a gazebo to rest those weary muscles and a fire pit to hang out at and tell a few stories. Inside there are many toys for the children, a large TV with gaming system and a large dining room and kitchen; just in case the family wants to host a dinner party.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EJM9lUL.png
    8G2fnLk.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #144 - A Winter Fesival Miracle

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • ScholarSimScholarSim Posts: 6 New Member
    CHALLENGE #145 - Winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: ScholarSim
    ORIGIN ID: ScholarHob
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes
    NEW LOT LINK: BNS145 Winter Design Showdown
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $74,913
    TOTAL COST: $76,913
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Flickr Album for BNS145
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the perfect holiday home. It’s a private place to unwind and enjoy a small, intimate get together with your family or close friends. Great for a summer vacation or get away for some much needed R and R during the year.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: I would be interested in advice on how to improve a build.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kvkhB7][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50871412508_c394a8aa68_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kvkhB7]01-24-21_5-47-59 PM[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/130205484@N06/]Scholar[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kvppSa][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50872217377_a82d606be8_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kvppSa]01-24-21_5-48-03 PM[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/130205484@N06/]Scholar[/url]
    Sorry. Still really new to posting. :/ I'm not sure how to edit the post to get the pictures to work.
    ScholarSim wrote: »
    Sorry. Still really new to posting. :/ I'm not sure how to edit the post to get the pictures to work.

It's usually a question of obtaining a link to the photos, so with a .jpg or any extension like that in the end. In imgur it works by clicking 'share links' and then the right one. No image extension, no visible picture ;) great job btw!
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Here you go ScholarSim:
    ScholarSim wrote: »
    FORUM ID: ScholarSim
    ORIGIN ID: ScholarHob
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Asphalt Abodes
    NEW LOT LINK: BNS145 Winter Design Showdown
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $74,913
    TOTAL COST: $76,913
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Flickr Album for BNS145
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the perfect holiday home. It’s a private place to unwind and enjoy a small, intimate get together with your family or close friends. Great for a summer vacation or get away for some much needed R and R during the year.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: I would be interested in advice on how to improve a build.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    50871412508_c394a8aa68_c.jpg01-24-21_5-47-59 PM by Scholar

50872217377_a82d606be8_c.jpg01-24-21_5-48-03 PM by Scholar

@ScholarSim Welcome to the challenge :)
    its just because your account is new, there’s a post explaining it properly somewhere in the forums, but quick version is once you get enough posts/forum points your pics will show just fine :) It’s not that high don’t worry!
    @BuildnShare ,
    Was the results posted for BnS143 ? That was the Bed & Breakfast one...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    @BuildnShare ,
    Was the results posted for BnS143 ? That was the Bed & Breakfast one...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

I was wondering about that one too
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Summer Home (Windenburg)
    NEW LOT LINK: A Home for the summer
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $96,893
    TOTAL COST: $99.893
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Large summer home for celebrating Summerfest and the summer break - suitable for groups or a family (total of 8 sleeping spaces inc. 1 single bed and 1 toddler bed). Built on 30 x 40 Summer Home lot in Windenburg so it feels private and is large enough to contain everything a family needs to celebrate in isolation without visiting other lots. Has sauna, pool, playground, plenty of games equipment, wellness things and large open plan living space.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Fn11aNJ.png
    SOyeIds.png
    > @AliSim19 said:
    > @ScholarSim Welcome to the challenge :)
    > its just because your account is new, there’s a post explaining it properly somewhere in the forums, but quick version is once you get enough posts/forum points your pics will show just fine :) It’s not that high don’t worry!

Thank you!

@DeanXeL Thank you. :)
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    FORUM ID: Clousinators
    ORIGIN ID: Clousinators
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Reef Finery in Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: Romantic Retreat
    LOT COST: 5,000
    GALLERY COST: 79,918
    TOTAL COST: 84,918
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Romantic Retreat Tour
    ENTRY DETAILS: Location, location, location! This romantic getaway is perfect for a couple by themselves, but if you have guests there is a pull out couch. Its pet friendly! Every room in this house has wonderful views and there is plenty of things to do or sights to see. The entire house is designed with bright pinks and yellows to give a romantic feel all throughout. Its a one bed room house with 1.5 bath, and includes a home study, laundry room, private access to a boat (you'll probably need it, you're basically on you're own island!), spacious back deck, private upstairs balcony, and a firepit!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    mbarnet: Art : Love 8
    SimSationalToo: Still NOCC Nautical Signs
    BabeWire: Wish u a lovely Valentine
    SimDels: PhotoSet: Valentine's Day
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: GJtLyaO.jpg8iQtDKP.jpg
  • tunafishfishtunafishfish Posts: 10 New Member
    Any word on the established results for 143?
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    edited January 2021
    CHALLENGE #145 - winter Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID:seaben
    ORIGIN ID:seaben06
    LEVEL: for sims 3 I'd say i defiantly fit the intermediate category but for the sims 4 this is my first time entering so i will let the judges decide what level i am for 4
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: (Which lot did you build on?) the 30x30 lot in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: craftsman getaway
    LOT COST: 2'500
    GALLERY COST: 78'570
    TOTAL COST: 81'070
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://seabensims.wordpress.com/2021/01/29/bns145-craftsman-getaway-2/
    ENTRY DETAILS: i made a 3 bed 1 bath craftsman style house for vacations or permanent living
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: criticize every last detail so i can learn how to be a master builder
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: i didn't use cc in this
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: sJJZ06D.png
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    For those of you wondering, Established entries for #143 are currently being judged and will be posted in the next week or two :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2021
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Journey’s end, Sulani 40x30
    NEW LOT LINK: Indulgence Getaway Rental
    LOT COST: 4,500
    GALLERY COST: 94,997
    TOTAL COST: 99,497
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Indulgence Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Design Notes: Why ‘Indulgence’ for a sub 100k build? Whilst I did try to make this feel reasonably luxurious, it's actually because after a fairly extended break from building I decided to indulge myself…I normally limit pack use but I used all my favourite items from a gazillion packs, I really wanted to play around with platforms and I decided to design to suit what I currently crave in real life…. and then try to make it all work :D
    Sunshine, tick! A clean modern build that doesn’t have a 100 year old leaky roof, tick! No clutter to tidy up, no carpets to vacuum, no home schooling to fit in, tick tick tick! Suspended fire place that I love but *really* won’t fit in my actual home? Built it instead, big tick!! (Oh and you may notice the well stocked bar…depending on the day that could well come higher in the wish list haha). I’ve also got a bit of fascination going with creating structure in an unstructured environment which is how the build wound up in Sulani when it would have been easier to use Oasis Springs!!
    At first glance I thought this was a nice simple foundation….actually found it quite tricky – nice challenge BuildNShare, thank you! :)

Sales pitch:
    So, welcome to our beautiful rental property - purposefully and breath-takingly positioned on an outcrop of Sulani, Indulgence Getaway showcases the island's award winning beaches and mesmerising sea views. Whichever holiday you want to celebrate in peace and solitude, this is the place for you! Polished concrete floors, squishy seating (or as close as I can get with Sims sofas!) and artistic flair are the order of the day throughout, plus there's a gleaming showstopper of a bar that's ideal for home mixed cocktails.
    (Thoroughly playtested but does need moveobjects on to place so that all the scenery stays put)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Most certainly, all feedback very welcome!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Thanks to SimSationalToo, juwels64, Fruitloops40 & Rinkydinxx for fantastic NoCC art
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    ErgHPTJ.png

N7YPxTD.png
    edited January 2021
    I try not to look at other people's builds until I finish so I don't accidentally 'borrow' any ideas, so I just spent a very enjoyable hour looking at all of your builds, wow you’re a talented bunch!

Not sure if we're still commenting on one another's builds but I'm going for it anyway!

@icanhassims Your valentine home is just as beautiful as it looked in your teaser shot, I love how you did the pond and the bridge in <3
    @DeanXel Oh, this foundation was perfect for an Antebellum! (I think that’s the right word??) How clever of you to see it, never even occurred to me – it looks stunning! :)
    @Jazmi1396 Now this is my go-to kind of build but I don’t think I could have made it look half as pretty as you did! And that heart pond…total romance or what?? :)
    @pinkusfamily Gorgeous looking Komorebi house – your deck and hot springs area are to die for, love it! <3
    @KitelDesigns You made a real log cabin house!! That's so clever, I love it!! :)
    @aljay Ah Aljay I’ve missed looking around your builds! Every space just feels effortlessly chic, I just smiled the whole way through <3 (Of course I absolutely do know it’s not effortless, clearly the sign of a master builder to make it seem so 😉….o gosh still doesn’t sound right, I’m jumping out of this one before I get even more in a tangle haha…short version is I love it!! )
    @scholarsim I didn’t realise when I reposted your build that the pics show but your links aren’t there, so I couldn’t look around your slideshow – might be worth trying again with those before the deadline - looks great from you floor plans though, I’ll try to have a look in game 😊
    @ Becka28 So pretty – I love your pathway at the front! So many activities that I didn’t even think about too (doh!)….my family would love a holiday here!
    @clousinators what a pretty home – and talk about the money shot <3 Amazing work building the scenery into your build and slideshow, wish I’d tried more of that now haha!
    @seaben What a cute little get away house, I love all the wild flowers at the front! :)
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
    @AliSim19 Honestly antebellum (pre-war), I had never heard of this word before, but google says it's correct ^_^'
    Thank you for the nice words, I just took a look at your creation and I was just absolutely blown away. Not that I haven't seen any other lovely builds here, but yours is like, completely my normal style of build (not like the ...antebellum... hehe, although I enjoyed it very much). Love the modern, sleek design and the thoughtful decoration, if I could, I would have built that one in a heartbeat!
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Thank you @AliSim19 :) I like your build a lot I mostly build modern homes as well but stepped out of my comfort zone a bit to build what I did because I like craftsman style homes and want to learn how to build them I like the diagonal split leveling in your house I never thought to do that before so I might experiment with that later ;)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Thank you for your kind words @AliSim19 ! I appreciate the feed back.

Now Your build is really refreshing , a nice clean modern build , I love what you did to the façade of the home !!

Diane Pinkus o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top