Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited August 2019
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors Situation
    FORUM ID: SyddyB206
    ORIGIN ID: ZyddyB
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sporting Space
    NEW LOT LINK: https://tinyurl.com/y329kkmd
    LOT COST: 2,410
    GALLERY COST: 101,198
    TOTAL COST: 103,608
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/AhjCWDB
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the ideal place for kiddos to retreat with grandma! a big kitchen with more than enough space to make sweet treats, a dream bedroom that every child would want, and 2 bathrooms to accommodate for all the needs that come with having a family! There's also a big backyard perfect for spending quality time outside! This build was made for Mrs. Aibreann Byrne (Make sure to place with move objects on)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @zyddyb206
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: @zyddyb
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: GfIL2bj.png
    fyB31R1.png
    Post edited by SyddyB206 on
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Riverside Roost in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Petunia's New Digs
    LOT COST: $2,500
    GALLERY COST: $94,419
    TOTAL COST: $96,919
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/x0UGjBM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mrs. Petunia Livingston didn't want a big fancy house - just something simple. But she did have a couple of "must-haves". Being a very creative lady, she wanted room for her "Creative Corner", where she could paint and write. And she wanted a big bathroom with space for a large jetted tub where she could soak. The house was built into a hill with tall strong stone foundations so she would be safe if another flood happened. And she wasn't disappointed - she absolutely loves her new house! Come check out Petunia's New Digs.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC paintings by @juwels64

KsWojIz.png

6HanjiL.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    UILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Lighthouse
    NEW LOT LINK: Ocean View
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 121,910
    TOTAL COST: 124,910
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/RVd6zsG
    ENTRY DETAILS: This two bedroom, 3 bathroom house is big enough to accomadate an entire family for gatherings, with plenty of space and t hings to do btoh inside and out. Children will love coming to visit grandma, whether they want to hang out in their room and read, play in the pool, or engage in games of Don't Wake the Llama on the deck. The large screen TV and popcorn maker are perfect for family movie nights or just an evening relaxing alone.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used. Art used is by juwels64, SimSationalToo and jlewi38. Also used some paintings created by my own sims in other saves.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    55veNab.png
    8r16o6Q.png
    image.png
    edited August 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    HOUSEHOLD: Livingston
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/h30TfPl
    ENTRY DETAILS: Petunia Livingston's love for her family is second only to her love for her art and books. Of course her cat, Marigold, is right up there too, but she had her family in mind when her new home was built, wanting to be sure they felt comfortable visiting and even staying the night. Just as her furnishings are bright and colorful, so is Petunia's wardrobe. She has her own unique style, as an artist should, wanting to be stylish while dressing appropriately for her age.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    PwRVX3l.png
    AThgk8e.png
    image.png
  • vicus1vicus1 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2019
    FORUM ID: Vicus1
    ORIGIN ID: evie98
    LEVEL: - (first build challenge)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F7FD21F8B6BD11E98FE732E030399C08
    LOT COST: §2000
    GALLERY COST: §85,586
    TOTAL COST: §87,586
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/183143140@N02/albums/72157710088839661
    ENTRY DETAILS: A new home for Mrs. Petunia Livingston.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @evi_xkrxs
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    48454094662_1285a65990_z.jpg

48454072697_a96f214939_h.jpg

Post edited by vicus1 on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: - Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sultry Springside in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: River View
    LOT COST: $5,500.00
    GALLERY COST: §89,687.00
    TOTAL COST: §95,187.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Tbg6UH5
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to make a new home for Mrs. Aibreann Byrne. Nicely tucked away in Oasis springs by the water, her new home is on stilts so she has no more need to worry of the waters rising. I have given her a garden and a greenhouse so she can enjoy her plants, as well as a nice kitchen to bake cookies for the grandchildren. The second story of this home was designed specifically for the grandchildren, for when they come to visit.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC Artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Q1w7XQI.png
    rwpDJdi.png
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited August 2019

FORUM ID: MACDesign
    ORIGIN ID: HIGHER-DESIGN

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cottage Am See, Windberg
    NEW LOT LINK: Pappy's House
    LOT COST: §1,500
    GALLERY COST: §56,456
    TOTAL COST: §57,956
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, thanks.

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: For Mr. Bao Chang's needs, this compact and functional floor Plan features a large 'L' shaped porch, with several communal centers, an Open Kitchen- Dinning- Living room, Martial arts / Exercise Room, single Bath with Shower, and a serene Master Bedroom - All above harms reach of the flood level that seasonally rises below.

XvMbjxE.png?1
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Forgotten Hollow's Fledermaus Bend Lot
    NEW LOT LINK: After the Flood
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 108,017
    TOTAL COST: 110,017
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Build N Share 124
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went in another direction with this build. I built in Forgotten Hollow. On the Fledermaus Bend lot. The back of the home is up against the river. Luckily this home was not majorly damaged.The first floor flooded ( ground floor ) . I water proofed the home and raised the foundation.. As you will see there is storm damage,Puddles, down trees and debris on the homes front lawn..I built for Mrs. Aibreann Byrne. The home has 1 master bedroom, a large guest bedroom for grand children to visit, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen/family room combination with a plenty of space for baking cookies. And a small green house for her plants and gardening.The home is child friendly & lovingly lived in.. The Wonderful art included is by roseymow from the gallery..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All Art By roseymow in the gallery
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    67613071_2461068037446606_6122749560059068416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeG1vDWlgn-2N3oIMeBbrSGVcmzw5d9yID5pYZH-jiZBdlizFvTyz6zkThEqpuwIkeCAJvrLdmEPrBLxRUdG0pwi5-QVMO4ZTQYk7TuZWfGjxg&_nc_oc=AQkcAuk2a3vHnHXab1ndZdVUj89JfMNZtPANTkuTei2AJIWkiK8m-kMtWWz4ijfRZXA&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=a390a0d105fec97df8ff9d2db0010994&oe=5DDEBD4D

67666294_2460993877454022_3628396441904349184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeFhO7XgAW6k9T6eOOZObuvGogy8Z5yFePlarViaByIXJwJk5X4SP2Ghn4hRull0nifrjEjNSk2gA7LRh6-5tpR9Qx6z9eE4eiU7p4xk_zPttw&_nc_oc=AQlZOeFGYNL6drjvN5dwtK9FikYKQDCjGs7KNrDEFEI-_0PQrwyN1UCYpfD0NlDiVuk&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&oh=d2b16ad477b1385d8f56aab14bdbd44f&oe=5DD9EDAD
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.
    CHALLENGE #124 - Solving the Seniors Situation.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Established.
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BAC448A1B98C11E980461090911CB41A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2500.
    LOT NAME: Domus Familiaris.
    GALLERY COST: 117744.
    TOTAL COST: 120244
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NguISP8
    ENTRY DETAILS: The rebuild home of Mrs. Aibreann Byrne. Built on a high foundation to protect her home against future floods of the nearby river. The budget allowed for all the necessities, and more, to be included in the home. 2 guest bedrooms plus a master bedroom, and 3 full baths. A more casual kitchen/living/dining area while also having a formal living/dining area. She will also have a large greenhouse to plant all her favorite flowers! Of course there is also plenty of (play) space, inside and outside, for when her beloved grandkids come to visit her.
    STRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RiMJ3gd.png
    rx7xx4N.png

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png

#BnS124 Solving the Seniors Situation is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2019
    eGf7jIN.png

It is a chilly, rainy morning when Karl graciously shows in your next clients, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Weston Vanderclump III. They are a middle-aged couple with plenty of character. Mr. Vanderclump looks dark and gruff, almost mafia-like in a pin-stripe suit; his wife looks bored and snooty. You try not to smile too widely as you greet them. After everyone is seated, you ask what kind of house the couple is looking for.

"We would like a fairly large vacation home," Mr. Vanderclump begins. "Chantal wants to get away for a little while."

"So, are you looking for a beach house?" you ask Mrs. Vanderclump.

She shakes her head slightly and looks down her nose at you. "Too common," she says in a voice so high it hurts your ear drums. You try to hide your surprise as she continues. "I am dreaming of a ski chalet in the mountains. I just love the snow! I grew up in the Alps, and that is where I want my retreat to be built. I want it to be spacious and inviting, with three bedrooms and two and a half baths. A large entertainment area is a must, since the kids may come up with friends from time to time. Hmmm...a loft to look at the views would be great, and a balcony or two would be nice. Space to house the snow mobiles and ski gear. Oh, that can be part of the garage." She looks at her husband as if she has just lost a puppy, and you turn a slight laugh into a cough.

"You may need to eat," he says gently, "a place to clean clothes, and a servant's quarters."

"True," she agrees, pouting a bit. "I want the outside to look like a traditional ski chalet on the outside, but the inside should be comfortable yet elegant. As in don't spare the expense." She looks down at her purse, then back at her husband. "A hot tub on a big party deck outside would be great as well. Just make it all look as ritzy as possible!"

You look up from taking notes. "And the budget?" You look at Mr. Vanderclump expectantly, but he looks away.

Mrs. Vanderclump speaks up again. "I am paying for the chalet with money I earned from doing voice work. I am a celebrity, you know! Anyway, I have $350,800 to use. Any money you can save I will put to new ski clothes, but the chalet is more important. How soon can you get it completed?"

"It will take two weeks to complete," you tell her.

"Marvelous! Thanks you very much and enjoy your trip!" Mrs. Vanderclump squeaks at you.

As the couple depart, you mentally rummage in your closet for suitable clothes to take with you to the Alps!

The Brief:
    Budget - $350,800 (be sure to include the cost of the lot in this amount)
    Size - 30x40 or larger
    Client would like a ski chalet with a balcony or two, a party deck with a hot tub
    Needs a garage with space for snow mobiles and ski gear.
    At least 4 bedrooms and 3 baths with one of those bedrooms and baths being for a servant
    Client requires a kitchen, laundry room, large entertainment area/living room, and a loft for looking at the views.
    Comfortable and elegant furnishings.

Room Challenge: Create the large entertainment/living room with stunning views; Budget - 25,000

Sim Challenge: Create the Vanderclumps and a servant, and show them enjoying the new chalet. Include their likes, skills, and jobs as well as pictures of their clothing.

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS125 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 21st August 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • thehelperthehelper Posts: 8 New Member
    really excited for this challenge!!!
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    People were mentioning a car update, where does that come from?
    People were mentioning a car update, where does that come from?

They were probably referring to the new Debug items, which include decorative cars.
    image.png
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    So... *wanders in* I'm on new meds I can sit up again! But.. I just started them LOL but you know my build love alll de wood all de time how could I pass this build up?

Well... 3 hours in and I'm going to have to LOL Just had the first infusion today and it feels like a truck hit me, but it was only HALF of an infusion I get the next one in 2 weeks, so by the time I'm viable I'm gonna end up missing this one. Thought I'd throw up the outside and layout at least as a white flag of "I'm back!"

Curb Appeal
    nyqsevc.jpg

Loft with Upstairs Bedrooms and Bathroom spaces
    TgRezYU.jpg

Downstairs with Master (with own little hot tub porch sticking out the back LOL) Garage Space, Pantry/Kitchen Dining/ Open living (that's the big 3 story windows) little rooms all over for things like study/ library/ servants bedroom/ laundry
    c9WJaBH.jpg

anyway I got this far and my body pooped out! Good luck to everyone XD

EkwtdjR.jpg
    @PersRealmsShadow Welcome Back! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @PersRealmsShadow wishing you freedom from pain.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @PersRealmsShadow , Wow, Great Build. :)

Rest & Feel better !

Diane Pinkus
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Do the Vanderclumps have specific names?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    I trust that, as with the laundry room, a non-functioning hot tub substitute will be acceptable?
    @SyddyB206 The Vanderklump's are Charles and Chantal

@OccipitalLobe Yes, definitely! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    I started, Entry Level, as it is my first, but I think I am going to overshoot my budget. I'm at $100k on the build and I have 2 rooms done. LOL

Begin again....
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited August 2019
    CHALLENGE #125 - The Chalet Getaway
    FORUM ID: Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: TAORON24121
    LEVEL: First Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise
    NEW LOT LINK: It's uploaded and showing that I sent it to the Gallery. I can see it in the Gallery in Game (someone lved it, so I know it's live, but it's not showing in the Gallery on the website. I asked The Google and it said under the Advanced Drop-Down to check the CC box, but there is none.
    LOT COST: $4000
    GALLERY COST: $343,628
    TOTAL COST: 347,628
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://imgur.com/a/wm6dPLU
    ENTRY DETAILS: 3 Story Mountain Chalet with a Lookout. 4 Car Garage (Plenty of room for snowmobiles. Also on the ground floor there is a swimming pool, Arts and Crafts room, a Gym, a Library, a Game room, a Disco/Dancing room, at the front, with large glass windows and doors leading to the 1sr floor Patio/Deck. There is also a 'fake' Hot tub on the Lower deck, as I don't have that game pack.
    Moving to the 2nd Floor you will find the 2 large Mast Suites, each with 2large walk ins, a Master Bath and dressing room. There are also 2 smaller bedrooms, for an extra Guest and the Butler. Outside of the Butler's Quarters, is also the Laundry. Filling out the rest of the 2nd Floor is a large Gallery for the resident Sims to hang their most impressive art and entry to the 2nd Level Deck. The center of the floor is dominated by a quad-sided firelace, with seating on all 4 sides.
    The Third Floor is all about food and drink, with a large Kitchen, build extra large for future proofing, if the owner decides to sell the lot for commercial use, as a B&B, Hotel or Lodge. The Dining Table seats 12+ guests. Along side the immediate dining are is a small pub, for refreshments. A Grand Piano is also situated in the dining area, for your guests to enjoy some relaxing music, whilst dining or lounging in one of either the larger lounging area, or one of the smaller, tucked away lounge areas. There are also 2 half baths on this level.
    Topping off the structure, at roof level, there is a small Lookout room, with a fabulous view of the valley below.
    NOTE: I hope all is situated. I made the mistake of not simply boring through and finishing everything in one go, and then I removed my mods folder, so that I could build and upload some simpler items and when I put it back, some things had changed and the price keeps fluxuating seemingly randomly. So, I uploaded the build before I could get too stressed about it. I still don't understand why it is not showing in the Gallery.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    Kitchen Trolley from the Kitchen Deco Liz set by ShinoKCR: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-kitchen/title/kitchen-deco-liz/id/1431260/
    SV (Avignon Dining) Wicker Wine Bottle 04 from the Avingon Wicker set by Severinka: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-decorative/title/avignon-wicker-set/id/1311834/
    Old’s Kool Lighting Non-Electric Version by TheJim07: http://sims4updates.net/objects/olds-kool-lighting-non-electric-version-by-thejim07-at-mod-the-sims/
    TWITTER TAG: I don't have one.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Taoron
    TUMBLR LINK: I don't know what that is. LOL
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

JCHXgBE.png

TVdNcsY.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare Can we have a venue next?
    @Taoron You can't upload builds to the internet Gallery if they have CC in them. They will, however, show up on your in-game gallery if you check off the option to include CC entries. The judges know this, and will track it down on the gallery in their game. The only thing they use this for is to verify your cost. All judging is done from the pictures you include in your album.
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top