Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Very interesting new challenge @BuildnShare .. :)

The challenge says that "Your prototype lot should have at least 3 versions/copies of your design. Layouts can vary for different sized families."

I would like to get a further clarification on this. May I know if each version of the prototype can have more than 1 build, & we can have more than 3 versions of prototypes?

The challenge is that you create one lot. That lot should have at least 3 copies/versions of your prototype Simanity shelter design. The 3 (or more) copies/versions of the shelter on the one lot can vary by layout for different sized families.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion :)
    Please let me know if you have any problem with the Link to My photo album on face book for Build n share #107.. I have encountered a problem when Entering for Build n share #108, My Photo link did not work...I will be working on this.. But I did go from my #107 entry to the photo album - I tested the link and it worked just today .. Anyway - again let me know if you encounter any problems with my entry ...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

Your album is working fine, @Pinkusfamily :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare - I changed to imgur, for #108 But - For #107 the album is on Facebook. if you have any trouble getting to the photos for The Build n Share #107, ( and I know that #BnS107 is officially closed )- I can change the album over to Imgur too, if needed..

Diane pinkus
    Please let me know if you have any problem with the Link to My photo album on face book for Build n share #107.. I have encountered a problem when Entering for Build n share #108, My Photo link did not work...Because This I changed to imgur to showcase the build photos.. But I did go from my #107 entry to the photo album - I tested the link and it worked just today .. Anyway - again let me know if you encounter any problems with my entrys ...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

Your Facebook image album for #107 is working for me as well. You are good to go on our end for both 107 & 108 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Cool! Thanks for the clarification @BuildnShare :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you ! :)
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Ugh, I just can't stay on budget! :(
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    psykt wrote: »

Ikr, I wanted to do sooooo much more landscaping
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #108 - Settlement for Simanity
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AliciaMaryAnne
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Kahn
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/BRuUqqf
    ENTRY DETAILS: After a bombing in their community, the Kahn family has had to leave their home with only the clothes on their back. An organization has given them suitcases full of clothes and toys for the kids to play with along with hygiene products to help get them back on their feet. Moving to the Overseas Rescue development has given them hope. The Kahns are cheerful despite their circumstances. Ali loves her family and wants to do her her best as a mother. Abdul has a kind heart for others and is determined to use the opportunities given him to get a good job so he can help others and give their family a future. Jangi just loves to play and can hardly wait to get out on the playground every day. Ahmad is a cheerful boy and is smart like his Dad. He wants to learn everything he can from him. The Kahns are so thankful to Settlement For Simanity for giving them a safe place to live!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    7RZUJLq.png
    P8j0wmq.png

It will be challenging! But reminder: these are "emergency" housing, so they don't have to be fancy. Just functional and safe. Also, remember you don't have to include the lot cost in the budget this go-round. Good luck :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    flobobunny wrote: »

Ikr, I wanted to do sooooo much more landscaping

I think I'm going to make it. I had to cut back on the porches I wanted, and I've decided they don't need dishwashers, coffeemakers and TVs. So they get their skill item and at least one thing to entertain each age group. I'm leaving interior decoration until after I see how much I need for a little landscaping.
    image.png
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Hey i'm new to this but i'd really like to try this out, I wanted to ask a few questions.
    Can I submit just the build or do I need to include a family and room submission?
    With the latest challange does it have to be cabin like build or can it be one large building?
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have another question! Can the units be stacked on one another?

Edit: I've finished my build. They all have the same layout with the same amount of squares, but they are built in a duplex fashion. Simply put, container units put together to form a complex. Is that fine?
    Post edited by pronterus on
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Hey i'm new to this but i'd really like to try this out, I wanted to ask a few questions.
    Can I submit just the build or do I need to include a family and room submission?
    With the latest challange does it have to be cabin like build or can it be one large building?

Welcome to BuildnShare! You can do one challenge or all, it's totally up to you :)

The client states: “We are looking to create very small homes which can be cheaply and quickly erected, but still be functional for places where whole communities are in need.” So one large building wouldn't really meet the spirit of the challenge. Unless, I guess, if you're designing for the dense urban environment and decided to use one of the larger apartments in San Myshuno to create your housing units.
    pronterus wrote: »
    I have another question! Can the units be stacked on one another?

Edit: I've finished my build. They all have the same layout with the same amount of squares, but they are built in a duplex fashion. Simply put, container units put together to form a complex. Is that fine?

Yes to stacked. Duplexes are fine as long as the individual housing units in them still meet the requirements of the brief.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare would a separate laundry count as additional living space? It would share a wall with one of the units but have a separate entrance and walls.
    image.png
    Thanks @BuildnShare ! I'll upload my build soon :)
    SimTresa wrote: »
    @BuildnShare would a separate laundry count as additional living space? It would share a wall with one of the units but have a separate entrance and walls.

That sounds like it would be part of the communal amenities and therefore not part of the 64 square limit for the individual units.

Awesome - looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

That sounds like it would be part of the communal amenities and therefore not part of the 64 square limit for the individual units.

Awesome - looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.
    image.png
    edited November 2018
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Urban Relief
    LOT COST: (I'm not really sure)
    LOT NAME: Old Salt House - San Myshuno
    GALLERY COST: 44,999
    TOTAL COST: 44,999; lot cost is N/A for this challenge
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Urban Relief is a fenced compound of prototype container homes built on an unused plot of land next to the docks in a dense urban setting. It highlights the use of space despite the population density of a big city. This setup is meant for displaced urban poor in big cities, particularly those whose homes were destroyed by natural disasters. It is highly recommended for placement in developing countries which regularly experience disasters.

Each unit is made up of two small container boxes put together with other units to form a complex. Every unit comes equipped with cooking facilities, a pre-fabricated shower/toilet unit, and furniture donations from charity groups to make the space more habitable. The interiors are entirely open-plan save for the pre-fabricated shower/toilet unit to reduce costs, and it is only meant as temporary housing for half a year or two. All living areas have a bookcase for skill building. Each unit is also equipped with a heavy steel door with reinforced locks to prevent forced entry. Floors are made of concrete as the need for decorative flooring is unnecessary in this case. The units may not look pretty, but residents have painted the once-grey walls to make their living space more bearable.

The compound is secured by fences and gates, and only residents and simanitarian workers are allowed inside. Community facilities include two community gardens, a veranda for fresh air, a basketball court, and a jungle gym for children. The compound also has space to store aid supply crates during disasters, which also explains the need for the enclosure.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    9R7CQ8L.png
    fVA9hNO.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    LEVEL: First Entry
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/286654F7F29511E8862277C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SassiLassi&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: Does not apply
    LOT NAME: Slipshod Mesquite - Oasis Springs
    GALLERY COST: $44,918
    TOTAL COST: $44,918
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/7HVkqxB
    ENTRY DETAILS: Located In Oasis Springs, this community (known as Desert Oasis) is designed to give a good start to victims of disaster. Each of the three units is equipped with a full kitchen and private bath. Each has an extra storage unit built in, beds for the family and a living area. All units have a ceiling fan for the hot desert days, a bookshelf for skill building as well as entertainment, and a portable radio for emergency news if the power goes out. One unit has a bonsai tree to help with gardening skill - another has an easel for painting skill - and the third has a child's violin for skill building. There is a covered patio with barbecue area and a chess board for skill building and entertainment and a dart board for entertainment. A playground is included for the kids, and, at the back of the lot is an area for a community garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

E2BpA7O.png

nzISt9w.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    (I should really stop doing 2x3 bathrooms because they're hard to get pictures of, but larger ones just seem too big.)

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:
    TresaofPern
    LOT: Urban Triplex
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent
    GALLERY COST: 44,876
    TOTAL COST: 47,376
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/nRQnlPz
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sturdy and solid, this brick and stone triplex will keep sims safe and comfortable in any weather conditions for years to come. It has its own small laundry on-site so sims don't have to travel to a laundromat and also boasts a small garden and picnic area. It is in easy walking distance to fishing areas and parks.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    nkZWQlJ.png
    aNLX0FK.png
    image.png
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited November 2018
    Allears wrote: »

Hey, @Allears ! Nice to see someone from LivingSims over here on the EA forums :) How've you been?

Lets_hug_Nidhi_ratish_by_FrealaF.gif

@KittKat7147 ! :) Doing good here. Miss LivingSims though. How YOU been? It's really nice to see you! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    FORUM ID :Adniram00
    ORIGIN ID: Simfarious
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B92013DFF2D311E8835C77C0F1EC7B3C
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Granite Falls Forest
    GALLERY COST: $43,379
    TOTAL COST: $43,379
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EwCube8dr28gPMHX7
    ENTRY DETAILS: Set Deep in the arctic mountians of Granite Falls Forest. Elk Falls Settlement was built for sims who need a safe place to start their life. Thee tiny traditional homes ready for the long winters. Elk Falls has all the amenities to keeps sims safe, warm, and occupied. Sims here can strengthen their agriculture and wood working skills also. Elk Falls is built from local materials with just the basics. Self sufficient sims dont need all the fancy bells and whistles. Stay here one season and your sims with be ready for wild wild north.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited November 2018
    BUILD ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #108 -Settlement for Simanity-

FORUM ID: 13Vader
    ORIGIN ID: 13Vader
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: ▮"Sand Haven"▮
    LOT COST: N/A
    LOT NAME: Slipshod Mesquite
    GALLERY COST: § 45.000
    TOTAL COST: § 45.000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: "Sand Haven"
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to the "Sand Haven" compound. We had to build it quickly to house three families that lost their homes in a natural disaster. The houses are built with modular wood planks and recycled windows & doors. Each unit has a kitchen-dining, a bathroom and two bedrooms. The spot was chosen because there's a fishing pond that provides fish and some water to the dry land.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: 13Vader_
    TUMBLR LINK: 13Vadersims
    NZayIf3.pngNiBRKJO.png
    Post edited by 13Vader on
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/60AC9D5AF36411E88C63ADD8C8E84D99?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SassiLassi&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: $11,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ahMdwWD
    ENTRY DETAILS: One of the three units in the Desert Oasis Settlement. This unit is set up for a family with one child. Includes a bookshelf and bonsai tree for skill building. Also included is a portable radio for emergency news in case the power goes out (not to mention it's nice for some entertainment too!).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

zfkMMmU.png

x5GlBEE.png
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights