March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2018
    Huge congrats to @WrathofCath on your Maxis Fav for Inn By The Sea

Well deserved! It's a gorgeous build! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @WrathofCath - congrats on the Maxis fav! Woot! You rock!
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #101 - Five by Five
    FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Slayer Shack
    LOT COST: §1500
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove
    GALLERY COST: §18 500
    TOTAL COST: § 20 000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Photo album
    ENTRY DETAILS: Well, it's small! I wanted to give Faith a double bed, so I might have given myself an extra challenge there, but it worked out. There's a TV and a bookshelf for entertainment, and there's exercise equipment out back. The kitchen is fully useable, and there's both and indoor and an outdoor dining table for two. The lot has been playtested for a surprisingly high number of days.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: linday_
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    o7-IULi-u1MSa1Jdt4jOZYQbzaFiOHtLZJcmh0asnQYYOJ-5i_K3lasShz-mWC_el7nR9YIT3A2G6b0D_oITIyG6dBpVkOZmcbM7-VCVEtoyDorHcvVxi8tHox4huue0uV7G892imHyBGS_2gwVM80rcHMcvWqAdCZCFenlue9yMI2LdlQUm9Q5M-czL8HzpVF50mn8_UUNszydVspPxzNjBV-x9w6JyZeLYFzEU3ib5fX-YNeBdfenZv1tHFzFQrVbAYk4KgBtUQoVK397A4hyrY9LOUryrVMkpbfHRYwXrLckEabNsXUNNvIMtCz2C1pmUGRUUMR3zMjxGl-VdNHORzkU48iKEt8E6zuz0oSHtEXn-TWGHlCfwNuX1Cghw5L4FlB_NNzbVY_jb18V5u_P2pwNMv2W2Hy98MH7Ze3t_qT5-ptonxBZVNVH3NJDqbo-tHQudcORRsxUQL_sc-2nGmOCfRvGuy3LGrBJIzq7PsYZ-hT3UvKwHrwLy0V99CFHjWCvMz3y3qVKkYoJJQF_nrJdfjI3tuH-8id5C4NanIQLSfR-z7jPLa2dWduQwNBJjnwQdwORNH_Oc016SyIJ663ZYTrS9gOQ9xnUUdprZUVdXaEDu26_3vzteMgORTkeQx_9xJ6BIgm4NU9yhTurNrW5dFKh8=w1746-h982-no
    3ZHu42aN_z64NKO4eUgbwxZ8I9F0KYUbIkP1bG_ANgqa48zCPmHFmhbH_SILnrphWl4AZUy26f_lr00rLVYw9B5tc_sKHyWdc38be0fug739dOWljsvbTm_lGsXlFyjqkLe3Yx-rcYMkrOjtia1RT5T3iyWeHrIy4Hx0oxyKjfReltY6o9a1ZD0M2-3FYy52xIQvlk1c-FaChrx-rrBeNpe3xlIkCaMYFwVcwsjQpWWCV9Y-0SNlor2vLnZfz-XMgpPpzbM2pILHmGDZQukqgqdPnJdJ7NTGQ0nqXklgtPHq5NdW3crIB7eGTBIXH0cpbo7pWF_hMyMbzHSm_5F3PLzFRIPcnMBgWOQbLWEIKbcCr62YEy5-J_Fz54sy0q7pZTEAIV0zLXxDlOi3yKX3YLhifAWCTQ1gaqPpIm2rQyZnCYp_0n0Qsp8A6G8uBZ0SEBfliTM5g3jUxbUQJ3j22JkrKs9Yh-Ekhql2_GwatlzNWUg4pV3i5Xcljb0xfKw9lX-1Tvj0fmlsyK8ulPjHOja8Kx496IYxJ0G_7Ssnx1Z851xnh13aGXZCIwIFZl1HKQwpHOTYZk_eo5wsAOkuqxvQUuTTnFWh8-1sLUHX6l9RWAle-QpDBkqxy_fCXQpBb4OxoWrnnmhJmO-RgYuGCCY3CRN4uGC1=w1746-h982-no
    And woot, congrats @WrathofCath, with your fav! Well deserved, your build is stunning!!
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    Wow, @linday! I am in love with your little house! <3
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Wow, @linday , I would never have thought of putting the table over the bed.
    image.png
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Is it a mod that allows table placement over the bed? Or a cheat?
    @Laura_Jones it’s the moveobjects cheat.
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    linday wrote: »
    @Laura_Jones it’s the moveobjects cheat.

Thank you!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @BuildnShare, @SimsIslandheart, @SoulGal7 and @linday Thank you so very much!! <3 It made my day, my week and more! :blush:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @Linday - I love your tiny build and the name! Cute :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #BNS100 – Oceanside Resort - Your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @linday That build is so cute! I've always wanted to try that table over the bed thing, but I was never sure it'd be playable that way, and I haven't had a lot of time to experiment! (Mostly, I wanted to be able to do that to add more "bed frame" types when I'm designing bedrooms.) I will definitely have to try this in a future build!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,652 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi everyone been wanting to enter for a long time finally jumped in B):#

BUILD ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: chips46
    ORIGIN ID: chips46
    LEVEL: Starting out my first entry in the bns challenge
    LOT: Starter Container
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Crick Cabana/Willow Creek
    GALLERY COST: 18,448
    TOTAL COST: 19,948
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: for now I'll use my showcase thread here until I figure out how to use imgur if I do enter next time
    ENTRY DETAILS: Just a very small shipping container that's been transformed into a living secure house with solar roof panels
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None and Nocc, debug,Moo and all bb cheats were on to use
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: I do have one but its in my real name
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    CMUcCEX.pngJGJBcnV.png
    Post edited by chips46 on
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established (been a long time since I have even played the Sims)
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EE1D55E1A44811E88D2236427980D667
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Newcrest, Oak Alcove-new name is Faith's Tiny Barn Home
    GALLERY COST: $18,470
    TOTAL COST: $19,970
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/vvryrd0 (please note, it is my first time ever using this site. It may not be perfect.)
    ENTRY DETAILS: A small barn-like structure with everything Faith absolutely needs and a few things to help entertain guests. Inside, there is a separate sleeping area, bathroom area, and kitchen/living area. Reading and watching television are on the inside, while gardening, yoga, painting, laundry, and grilling are available outside. Soothing spa colors make this a happy retreat at the end of a hard day of vampire hunting.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, used move objects
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    oFpeXSV.png
    AatAjzO.png
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2018
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: A Little Faith
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Originally Streamlet Single
    GALLERY COST: §18,500
    TOTAL COST: §20,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pics for A Little Faith
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO CC, but uses MOO
    TWITTER TAG: FidgetyAtom
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DlDAttpXcAEzXup.jpg
    Post edited by FidgetyAtom on
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @FidgetyAtom Girl, did you just make a toilet into a fountain! :astonished::joy: Super cute, love it!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

FORUM ID:
    AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LOT: Tiny House, Big Living
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Oak Alcove in New Crest
    GALLERY COST: 18,466
    TOTAL COST: 19,966
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/J1q3djZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: I'm a big fan of programs like "Tiny House Hunters", "Tiny House, Big Living", "Tiny Houses On Wheels", etc. I´m a big fan of tiny houses and starters in The Sims as well, so I couldn´t resits to this funny challenge. My layout has 4x6+1 plus the covered porch. I combined soft colors in wood furniture and curtains with vibrant and fresh colors in other textiles and decoration elements. I tried to add the maximun of comfort and activities to this lot and reflect how the tiny houses community feel in RL. I built it in New Crest, at the Oak Alcove Lot, because you have a BBQ area behind it and your sim always can eat for free LOL. I enjoyed a lot play testing it :smiley: And my sim too :wink:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NO
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

QeVQeos.png
    0nruG1L.png
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Hello!

I'm enjoying all the entries. I need some help, however.

While playtesting, I made changes (added items, deleted items). I'm concerned my entry may have depreciated. I saved the lot to my library, started a new game and placed said lot. The price is the same. Has it depreciated? I understand moving a sim in does depreciate the lot.

Is there another way to tell? I've considered removing all the furnishings, keeping the build, placing the empty build in a new game, and furnishing again. However, I wonder if the build aspect depreciates too.

Please help! <3
    Imagination > Knowledge
    Hello!

I'm enjoying all the entries. I need some help, however.

While playtesting, I made changes (added items, deleted items). I'm concerned my entry may have depreciated. I saved the lot to my library, started a new game and placed said lot. The price is the same. Has it depreciated? I understand moving a sim in does depreciate the lot.

Is there another way to tell? I've considered removing all the furnishings, keeping the build, placing the empty build in a new game, and furnishing again. However, I wonder if the build aspect depreciates too.

Please help! <3

@kimwriter75 - as long as you use the gallery price, which you can see how to find on the front page, you are good to go, as it is not affected by depreciation.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    @BuildnShare, thank you.
    I do not want to be disqualified, so am still concerned about depreciation. To clarify, even though I DID make changes with my sim in the build, the Gallery price does not reflect depreciation?
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    FORUM ID: Ninnster
    ORIGIN ID: Ninnster
    LOT: Boho Bungalow
    LOT COST: $1500
    LOT NAME: Raffina Quinta, Oasis Springs
    GALLERY COST: $18 453
    TOTAL COST: $19 953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: This small yet charming bungalow is full of vibrant colors and boho chic details. As you enter this one room home there is a small sleeping area with some drapes to add privacy. The kitchen is small, and needs a little work, but it has everything necessary. There is also a small bathroom. The home is perfect for a first time buyer! The property has plenty of tropical flowers and trees, and the real seller of this home is the beautiful back patio where one can enjoy a late evening meal with friends, or have a swim in the pool.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @Ninnster00
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sDd5XkZ.png
    L9KxKxe.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    FORUM ID: SimsIslandheart
    ORIGIN ID: SimsIslandheart
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Lantern Lilac Lodge
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby (Newcrest)
    GALLERY COST: $17,874
    TOTAL COST: $19,374
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS101 - Five by Five (Lot)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Nestled amongst the warm glow of hanging lanterns, this semi-studio starter home is a perfect place for anyone who is agoraphobic or who just wants to have a private getaway with plenty of security light at night. A cozy, tightly-knit layout leaves ample room to move indoors to access life's necessities, while leaving plenty of green space out of doors for gardening or just stretching out in the sun. Garlic-scented mirrors are complimentary for an added layer of security.

This lot is placed at Comfy Cubby to showcase the way the home being encased in trees shields it from the surrounding neighborhood, no matter how dense or sparse it may be. Lantern Lilac Lodge would do well on any 20x15 lot, but it would probably stick out a bit on a desert lot like Oasis Springs. ;)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No MOO (too paranoid with this build to use it), some use of Alt to nudge objects
    TWITTER TAG: @IslandheartArt
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Islandheart Studio
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fivebyfivenameplate1.jpg
    08-17-18_9-13-36c2a0am.png
    edited August 2018
    @BuildnShare, thank you.
    I do not want to be disqualified, so am still concerned about depreciation. To clarify, even though I DID make changes with my sim in the build, the Gallery price does not reflect depreciation?

@kimwriter75 - I know @FaithofKaela has tested this thoroughly, playtesting while on the lot will not affect the price of your lot on the gallery, it acts as if the lot is freshly placed.

Looking at this screenshot:

Ja8vahC.png

You can see both the prices. The 'lot value' at §17,535 takes into account the playtesting that has been done on the lot with a Sim, 'depreciation' is involved here. The 'gallery price' (the foremost picture) you can see is §18,442 and is the price we ask you to quote in your entry form. This is the only information we have available to us to judge from, as we do not normally DL builds to judge them, and the only thing we will be looking at when DL'ing this time is routing issues, we will not be taking 'lot value'into account. I hope this clarifies things for you.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited August 2018
    CHALLENGE #BnS101

FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LOT: 5by5 - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/854EF8ADA54411E88A9AE4B33953C835
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Agave Abode (Oasis Springs)
    GALLERY COST: §18,494
    TOTAL COST: §19,994
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3PfRiNYDVVVjBnVT9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome Home!! 5by5 was created for the #BuildnShare challenge #BnS101 Five by five. The challenge was to create a home that had no more than 25 squares of enclosed living space, for less then §20,000 (including the lot cost) so this place is TINY! I used the natural landscaping to create some privacy with the exterior.

1BA 1BR with dining space outside. There are two clay llama's hidden in this lot, can you find them? Please use #MOO before placing #playtested #kaelakreations #faithofkaela #findit #nocc #sho
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: FaithKaela
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Faith of Kaela
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

s34Sv9j.png

6lIGaSZ.png
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list