March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited August 2018
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @SILVIAEGIGIZINI - What language do you speak?

Italiano :'(

I would like to ask if there are limitations for the size of the lot and how many photos can we insert here or is a link to the imgur album better? Thanks and sorry for my english :*

@SILVIAEGIGIZINI , you can include up to two pictures on your entry post. You also need to provide the link to your imgur album so that the judges can see your entire build. :smiley: Oh, and unless the challenge specifically says what size lot to use, you can use any size you want!
  • SILVIAEGIGIZINISILVIAEGIGIZINI Posts: 294 Member
    @StSciurus You were very kind, thank you! then I think I'll build the Resort I'm far behind with work and I've already destroyed the project twice because I did not like LoL
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    @SILVIAEGIGIZINI - What language do you speak?

Italiano :'(

I would like to ask if there are limitations for the size of the lot and how many photos can we insert here or is a link to the imgur album better? Thanks and sorry for my english :*

@SILVIAEGIGIZINI , you can include up to two pictures on your entry post. You also need to provide the link to your imgur album so that the judges can see your entire build. :smiley: Oh, and unless the challenge specifically says what size lot to use, you can use any size you want!

Thank you so much for responding to @SILVIAEGIGIZINI @StSciurus!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    My game has been so laggy when I try and place walls and fences. This is taking me forever it seems. I hope I am done by next week. :#
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    wow! That is some resort! Can I go and swim in that pool?
    Thanks @SoulGal7 anytime my friend!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @SILVIAEGIGIZINI - Ciao! Come sta? My 1 year of Italian in college a long time ago :)
    bhaXpM1.png

Attention Expert Entrants for #BNS99 – Back To Their Roots - Your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @SILVIAEGIGIZINI - Ciao! Come sta? My 1 year of Italian in college a long time ago :)

Brava!!! SEi bravissima, you'are very good! I write you on your page for not to disturb here :s
    I am at 507,000 of my budget.....I am not even finished with all the bedrooms. Might have to use cheaper toilets....lol

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Pallystyle wrote: »
    I am at 507,000 of my budget.....I am not even finished with all the bedrooms. Might have to use cheaper toilets....lol

LOL Some of my guests will definitely be using some budget items. XD I ran up against that money wall as well and went...well, they're going to mostly be sleeping here, hopefully they won't break the sink. XD
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    I had to laugh at myself. I initially picked the most expensive bathtubs for my higher end suites, only to realize that they cost 12,000 each! You better believe those got downgraded in a matter of seconds.
    edited August 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #100 Oceanside Resort
    FORUM ID:SILVIAEGIGIZINI
    ORIGIN ID:PAFFY85
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/it-it/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D4D184B498FF11E88E01F7E5EC7F408A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Paffy85&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 12.000
    LOT NAME: Testa di Segugio
    BUILD COST: 701.557
    TOTAL COST: 713.557
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/km0s5fw

ENTRY DETAILS:
    #BnS100 The building belonged to the Countess Silvia De Paffys of Stranizia mysteriously disappeared on a full moon night. After years of neglect it was finally bought by a wealthy businessman who renovated it and two new wings were added. He then turned it into a modern resort with a touch of elengagement from the past. I hope you like it and have followed all the rules! Included in this building: 10 total rooms: 2 penthouse suites, 4 double beds, 3 with 2 double beds, 1 double single beds, all rooms have their own bathroom and TV, the suites include a kitchen. Ground floor restaurant, with bar and karaoke and live music;pool area, big garden, reception area in the lobby, an administrative office. second floor dance floor.obviously pet friendly, Silvia ♥

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes , sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RWmsijU.png
    GHplMby.png
    Post edited by SILVIAEGIGIZINI on
  • HellHamsterHellHamster Posts: 109 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: pendragon1994 (may change to HellHamster)
    ORIGIN ID: hellyeahhamster
    LEVEL: Starting Out

HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8BB0E85499BA11E8899C41F62AEA24F5?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=hellyeahhamster&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/e1MdSbW
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Blakely family have had a hard time lately, with a lot of work and a lot of school. Maddie has the idea to go away, and Shean loves it. Sascha has it totally prepared and Bobbie.. Bobbie doesn't really know what to think..

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: hellyeahhamster (https://twitter.com/HellYeahHamster)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    yWfIwDh.png
    usTinSd.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Okay, so it doesn't look like I am going to get this build done in time. :( However I would like to share some images from it, as I really like how it was coming along. It is a scaled down version of the Stanley Hotel (from The Shining) with some creative license taken. I could rush it but I really want to keep the same level of detail in the rest of the build, so for now this one goes in the WIP column. Maybe I can still get a smaller build done for the challenge.
    Here is the front elevation.
    v5KMGgz.png
    and here is check in
    elj02Bu.png
    the lobby
    l1782Ye.png
    and the bar. I am so happy with the way the back bar turned out.
    Q9fbfoK.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    @gmcrozier - wow - that is so great! I really like it. That bar area is really wonderful!
    @SILVIAEGIGIZINI - Bellisima casa! Great entry for this challenge!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Oh wow @gmcrozier this is an epic build! Always best to take time to perfect all the finer details in order to reach perfection. Looking forward to seeing the finished result some time :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    I'm so close to being done. Just down to landscaping and a few minor details. Budget at 687,000 so I should be okay. This has been an exhausting amount of building for me because I want it to be really nice. I have a feeling I will be taking pictures of it all morning Wednesday...lol.

@gmcrozier Sorry you will not get yours done on time. what you have so far is awesome! But I totally understand, this was a huge project I spent more time than I like to admit on it. I'm a slow builder. :#:p

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Holy crap! The entries so far are amazing! :open_mouth: Here I was, thinking mine was good this time. :astonished: I'm ready to start play testing, and hopefully it goes well enough I can photograph at the same time...I'm kind of cutting it down to the wire, here. :sweat:
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    @gmcrozier. what you have so fare is amazing! Can you just do the room challenge iwht the lobby? It would be a shame if you couldn't share anything.
    image.png
    Did you see?? @gillr52 - you got a Maxis fav for the Sims you entered into #BnS99!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    So I'm afraid, like @gmcrozier , this challenge has gotten too big for me to finish on time. Plus, I'm using so much CC that it would be difficult to upload to the gallery, etc. I am using as an inspiration the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. Maybe I'll try to do a non-CC version at some point, especially if EA finally fixes the blurry screenshot problem that is currently afflicting us! :smiley:

Anyway, a few screenshots:
    The Grand Hotel at Brindleton Bay
    4Obd3I8.png
    lfiOH9i.png

Lobby
    LugrIV2.png

Dining room
    5LCiCIA.png

One of the luxury suites
    ABQr8uh.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DBE5788C9A4C11E88FD241F62AEA24F5?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=%23BnS100&max=50&maxis=false
    ROOM NAME: Lobby
    ROOM COST: 31,302

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/hCHXTIG
    ENTRY DETAILS:It turns out that I crave nicely cool secluded areas when it is about 40C outside and there is literally nowhere I can do downtown to cool down :)
    This is the lobby of a little hotel in the woods of Brindleton Bay. Lots of wood and soft green tones give a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. At the back there are two doors going to public areas (dining rooms etc.) and the two stairs lead to the rooms.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Zexgd6k.png
    meO70et.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Congratulations @gillr52 on your Maxis fav!

TangTang for the win!
  • KriintKriint Posts: 12 New Member
    So before we go into my entry I want to mention that I built the lot on the Windenburg's island but because the thumbnail for the shared lot was horrible (taken from the side of the lot) I had to move it to Newcrest just to get a better gallery thumbnail. However both lots cost the same, I hope that's okay and it won't disqualify me. After all we are all struggling with the gallery right?
    That's fine @Kriint, as long as both lots are of the same value.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top