Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    misscbong wrote: »
    @Buildnshare - I put a small porch off the door on the right hand side of the house...it's not in the plans, though. But, I figure it's a side door, and the rest of the house is on a foundation, so I needed to put a little space for stairs to go down. Is that all right?

Yep that is what I have done. @BuildnShare, must the layout of the kitchen and bathrooms be exactly as it is on the plan and am I allowed to put partitioning wall in the house or not? I really just need to clarify that :)
    You do hot have to have the layout exactly the same, i.e. the kitchen doesn't need to be laid out as on the plan, as long as the walls are in the correct places. But I'm afraid no partitioning walls are allowed, the only exception is to add a small cubicle in the large bathroom for the toilet.

Thanks for the feedback, will make the necessary adjustments :)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2015
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #12 - Winter Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    countrykris1playcountrykris1play Posts: 155 Member
    Question: Why on this challenge there is no CC content allowed?
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @countrykris1play‌ - we want to see what you can do without the use of CC for a change, when everyone has access to the same items it's really interesting to see how differently they use them. Hope this answer helps.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That makes sense. Wish they had a shower with no tub and back. So I could make a wide shower for that master bathroom.
  • Options
    O forgot to ask. Are Game Mods like better lighting and clutter anywhere allowed?
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2015
    O forgot to ask. Are Game Mods like better lighting and clutter anywhere allowed?
    Yes they are allowed :) Just mention where you got them from. Only thing we don't allow is custom content that has high end stuff, for low prices (like a bed that has 10 energy, but only costs the same as an 4 energy bed)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I know there is a money cheat when you are playing. But how to I give the family more starting money pefor playing them? The budget is $250k but they start only with $24k.

there is an easy way to move any family into any home. Just type

freerealestate on

while in manage worlds, before you select a family from the gallery. Then every lot is free and they can move in.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Here's my version of the shell:

02-20-15_12-14nbspPM_zps69ef4746.png~original

It's not quite to identical to the plan, but I wanted to make sure that it translated well into play. I got my scale by basically doubling the size of the rooms (I used the closest cm to double). Which is why there are two doors for every one on the plan.

Only thing I see wrong with doubling the size, is you end up with some very large rooms. Like the kitchen for example is huge in my opinion.
  • Options
    I made my rooms much smaller than the sample...like the bathroom and front bedroom are 4 squares wide, with a 2 square window. It seemed to be the only way to make that house realistically small enough to leave 2/3 of the lot open for further challenges.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited February 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 13
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Goldilocks

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Best Laid Plans
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/library/Best Laid Plans

ENTRY DETAILS: Added a bar and work station to the open plan kitchen/dining area and turned the room next to the kids room into an art studio.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: Goldilocks Kids
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Best Laid Plans/Goldilocks Kids
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/library/Best Laid Plans/Goldilocks Kids
    ENTRY DETAILS: Blue boys room in line with colour scheme of the rest of the house. Divided the sleeping area from the play area with a screen. Made a little train set.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2CC3F4F1BEC611E4811F1B9C0B2C3F74?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Goldilocks&max=25

Picture10_zpscubqygbb.jpg
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sunset Cove
    VALUE: $225 330.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge13 Sunset Cove

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Sunset Cove is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom spacious home on a 50X50 lot. There is more than enough space for an extra extension at a later stage. I used muted colours of different shades of blues, purples and soft greys, for my design. I also extended on the back patio to accommodate a swimming pool. The patio on the plan is the terracotta outdoor tile and the extension to the patio it the white concrete slabs. You will also notice that the pool area is closed in and is quite safe for the little ones.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but I used MOO, bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplaysentitlement.

1%202_zpskwp9x9bd.jpg
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Johnson Family Home

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FE10F602BF1D11E48979A10CE9C5D2EC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25

VALUE: $200,292
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sorry, but for some reason Photobucket will not keep my sort order, so they are likely out of order.

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/Johnson Family Home

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This home features a gazebo, swimming pool, music room and wishing well.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

02-28-15_12-13nbspAM_zpssyzor1fb.png
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: VanillaChai
    ORIGIN ID: VanillaChaiPWNS
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Lavender Dream
    VALUE: $216,900
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s166.photobucket.com/user/Jennifer_Alvey/slideshow/Lavender Dream - BuildnShare13
    LINK TO GALLERY:
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0F82A92BC07411E4894BF4B010595725?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=VanillaChaiPWNS&max=25

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Lavender Dream is a lovely two bedroom, two bathroom home created with the Johnson family's needs in mind. The design focuses on a muted color scheme with timeless furnishings and luxurious decor. The home features a spacious master suite complete with built-in storage, an office area, and a built-in vanity; a nursery; an in-ground pool; a fully stocked bar and two gardening areas.

SIM: Kaye, Keiran, and Kaiden Johnson
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s166.photobucket.com/user/Jennifer_Alvey/slideshow/Lavender Dream - BuildnShare13
    ENTRY DETAILS: My version of the Johnson family.
    LINK TO HOUSEHOLD: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/941FED92C07611E48C8EF4B010595725?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=buildnshare13&max=25&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=buildnshare13&max=25

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC but I used bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplaysentitlement.

03-01-15_5-59nbspPM_zpsv63pftbs.png
    Post edited by VanillaChai on
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    This was a lot of fun! I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread. Can't wait to do more :)

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it @VanillaChai! Your build looks lovely :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    Thank you :)

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: have2admit
    ORIGIN ID: have2admit
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: Johnson House
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Johnson house as per provided floor plan. Cost: $112,200.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: Kaiden's Room
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Media
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kaiden Johnson's bedroom as an infant. Cost: $8483.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.

03-03-15_9-31nbspPM.png
    Post edited by have2admit on
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Johnson Family Home
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/misscbong/slideshow/Johnson Family Home
    ENTRY DETAILS: $140,512

A perfect and adorable starter home for a family who enjoys a bit more outdoor space to expand into. This two bedroom, two full bath home offers lots of bright spaces, open concept living areas and east coast beachy decor.

The Master bedroom boasts a very spacious his/hers walk through closet and a large en-suite with private area for the toilet. The second bedroom is perfect for a child, situated off a private hallway with a separate full bathroom.

With neutral decor, the house is perfect for anyone!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: #NoCC

03-04-15_10-00nbspAM-2.png
  • Options
    "The challenge deadline is Wednesday 4th March Midnight CMT."

Is that Mountain Time or Central Time?
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I know there is a money cheat when you are playing. But how to I give the family more starting money pefor playing them? The budget is $250k but they start only with $24k.
    You can always use (freeRealEstate on)if you want to add a family to a house already built
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't think I'll be finished by the deadline. Would it be possible to get an extension? I still need to finish one room, make a few tweaks to the landscaping, do a quick play test, take my screenshots and then load my slideshow to Imgur.

I've worked hard on this build every moment I could spare and I love it, but real life was throwing me curve balls these last two weeks and I just couldn't dodge them. I'd be grateful and very appreciative for just a little extra time. Please?

Okay, well, I'll check back in awhile, need to get back to it. BTW, I'm loving all the entries so far, They're absolutely gorgeous, y'all are so creative! :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I won't finish either! Sigh... Good luck to everyone! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top